• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

BootlegTampico #21 Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:59 PM

"LGoW" --Random Pub

• Players
  • 22610 battles
  • [-OHM-]

View PostBRUENHILLDE, on 12 August 2015 - 12:53 PM, said:

That's just great. Why not. The game is the only thing you can do to get away from real life for a little bit. Now we may eventually may have logos like Drink Coke, Fly the Friendly Skys, etc on the forums or on our tanks?  Dumb dumb and even more dumb. If you need cash for your clan then recruit some non freeloaders.. MOMs taken in over $600 last month alone. Im glad we won't be a bunch of sell outs to the man. 

Actually advertising is against the EULA. How is this any different from sponsoring a little league baseball team?

Clan War Discord Server youtube Join the Legion

I would love for Wargaming to succeed, and I will push for success until I'm gone or Blitz is. 

MRobertsRCS #22 Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:01 PM

Supreme Fettuccini

• Players
  • 30130 battles
  • [501DV]

View PostBRUENHILLDE, on 12 August 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

That's just great. Why not. The game is the only thing you can do to get away from real life for a little bit. Now we may eventually may have logos like Drink Coke, Fly the Friendly Skys, etc on the forums or on our tanks?  Dumb dumb and even more dumb. If you need cash for your clan then recruit some non freeloaders.. MOMs taken in over $600 last month alone. Im glad we won't be a bunch of sell outs to the man.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I think you're missing how this would work out.  A sponsored clan wouldn't be actively advertising to the rest of WOTB.  For some sponsors it's just about the pride of helping a team be successful.

In a similar case, we recently sponsored a high school athlete to complete at a track meet in Australia  (He's from Ohio).   We don't work in Australia, so it wasn't about the advertising.  But it was a sense of pride back at our office.

My E4 has a cup holder            

MRobertsRCS #23 Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:01 PM

Supreme Fettuccini

• Players
  • 30130 battles
  • [501DV]

View PostShawk_91, on 12 August 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

Actually advertising is against the EULA. How is this any different from sponsoring a little league baseball team?

Exactly.  Thank you.

My E4 has a cup holder            

DrWylde #24 Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26410 battles
  • [RBLN]

View PostBRUENHILLDE, on 12 August 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

Quick, to the roof and the Cheez Beacon!

IS-7, IS-4, IS-8, ST-I, IS-3, IS-6, KV-4

Obj. 268, Obj. 704, ISU-152

E 100, E 75, Tiger II

T-62A, T-54, T-44

T30, M103

BRUENHILLDE #25 Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:05 PM

I HATE CHEESE

• Players
  • 15225 battles
  • [US1]

View PostMRobertsRCS, on 12 August 2015 - 02:01 PM, said:

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I think you're missing how this would work out.  A sponsored clan wouldn't be actively advertising to the rest of WOTB.  For some sponsors it's just about the pride of helping a team be successful.

In a similar case, we recently sponsored a high school athlete to complete at a track meet in Australia  (He's from Ohio).   We don't work in Australia, so it wasn't about the advertising.  But it was a sense of pride back at our office.

If it's free then I'm all for it. But the key word is sponsorship. Not free. Sponsership means we give you cash in exchange for something. Advertising. The last things one needs is big business corporate garbage intruding on my few minutes away from the real world. Which Blitz is. But hey the Kardashians haven't reared themselves here yet so why not.  

Winner of the coveted most admired Blitz forumer award for 2018!  In addition to the 2014,15,16,17 awards.

Over 13,000 profile views. Better than 99.99% of forum users. And more than all of club war gaming members combined. And I've never even started a thread or made a video. By the way everyone hates the rules quoting guy. 

Proud member of US-1 ALL AMERICANS! Americans only. To apply here check out our feeder clans Triari and Prammo first. If you are from north or south of the border do not bother applying. You are not welcome here. Thanks. 

BootlegTampico #26 Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:08 PM

"LGoW" --Random Pub

• Players
  • 22610 battles
  • [-OHM-]

View PostMRobertsRCS, on 12 August 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

In exchange for the sponsorship, the company would ask for recognition as the clan sponsor (logo/link on clan site or something similar).  A successful clan is sure to be well known and additional ideas for sponsor recognition are welcome here as well.

View PostBRUENHILLDE, on 12 August 2015 - 01:05 PM, said:

If it's free then I'm all for it. But the key word is sponsorship. Not free. Sponsership means we give you cash in exchange for something. Advertising. The last things one needs is big business corporate garbage intruding on my few minutes away from the real world. Which Blitz is. But hey the Kardashians haven't reared themselves here yet so why not.  

SMH

Edited by Shawk_91, 12 August 2015 - 07:09 PM.

Clan War Discord Server youtube Join the Legion

I would love for Wargaming to succeed, and I will push for success until I'm gone or Blitz is. 

BRUENHILLDE #27 Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:09 PM

I HATE CHEESE

• Players
  • 15225 battles
  • [US1]

View PostShawk_91, on 12 August 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

Because there are people here that pay real money to play. I don't need anyone to sponsor my fun time. Unfortunately little league teams do. Because not everyone has the cash for their kids to participate. That's the difference shawk. 

Winner of the coveted most admired Blitz forumer award for 2018!  In addition to the 2014,15,16,17 awards.

Over 13,000 profile views. Better than 99.99% of forum users. And more than all of club war gaming members combined. And I've never even started a thread or made a video. By the way everyone hates the rules quoting guy. 

Proud member of US-1 ALL AMERICANS! Americans only. To apply here check out our feeder clans Triari and Prammo first. If you are from north or south of the border do not bother applying. You are not welcome here. Thanks. 

CptCheez #28 Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:15 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostOmega52, on 12 August 2015 - 03:03 PM, said:

Quick, to the roof and the Cheez Beacon!

Not sure why you keep saying that in different threads, ones that I have no intention of replying to.

In this particular case, I actually sort of agree with Bruen.  For a clan filled with teenagers without jobs or spending cash, this might make sense.  For a clan like M.O.M. or III that is comprised of adults with jobs, this kind of thing wouldn't be all that appealing.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

Ksftwe #29 Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26250 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostBRUENHILLDE, on 12 August 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

I don't need anyone to sponsor my fun time.

So how is other people getting sponsored going to affect you? Read closely, it says there might be a logo on THEIR clan site or whatever, but it has nothing to do with WG itself.

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

MRobertsRCS #30 Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:19 PM

Supreme Fettuccini

• Players
  • 30130 battles
  • [501DV]

View PostBRUENHILLDE, on 12 August 2015 - 02:05 PM, said:

I apologize if this offends you, but rest assured, you will not receive any advertising because of this.  This thread is the only place it's discussed on the forums (only to allow equal opportunity for other clans) and doesn't mention any company names, etc.

My E4 has a cup holder            

BRUENHILLDE #31 Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:21 PM

I HATE CHEESE

• Players
  • 15225 battles
  • [US1]

View PostKsftwe, on 12 August 2015 - 02:16 PM, said:

So how is other people getting sponsored going to affect you? Read closely, it says there might be a logo on THEIR clan site or whatever, but it has nothing to do with WG itself.

Do you know that for sure? We can't even get camo yet. But who's to say WG wants to make cash to pay for the non paying freeloaders that play the game and decide to plaster logos on tanks or on billboards in game to recoup some of that cash from corporate sponsors? Where will it end? As soon as you can answer that then I'll have a proper answer for you on how it will affect me. 

MRobertsRCS #32 Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:21 PM

Supreme Fettuccini

• Players
  • 30130 battles
  • [501DV]

View PostCptCheez, on 12 August 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

Not sure why you keep saying that in different threads, ones that I have no intention of replying to.

In this particular case, I actually sort of agree with Bruen.  For a clan filled with teenagers without jobs or spending cash, this might make sense.  For a clan like M.O.M. or III that is comprised of adults with jobs, this kind of thing wouldn't be all that appealing.

Well, I can't say I'll expect to see an application from Bruen.  However, it has proven to be popular to other clans thus far.  I'm hoping we are able to meet the intent of the idea and make it a positive addition for the successful clan.

My E4 has a cup holder            

BRUENHILLDE #33 Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:29 PM

I HATE CHEESE

• Players
  • 15225 battles
  • [US1]

View PostMRobertsRCS, on 12 August 2015 - 02:19 PM, said:

I apologize if this offends you, but rest assured, you will not receive any advertising because of this.  This thread is the only place it's discussed on the forums (only to allow equal opportunity for other clans) and doesn't mention any company names, etc.

I'm not offended at all and good luck with it. I just hope it doesn't turn into nothing but a Blitz walmart commercial. And no you won't be getting an application from me anytime soon buddy. 

Xavier5A #34 Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25475 battles
  • [CYCLN]

View PostShawk_91, on 12 August 2015 - 12:58 PM, said:

lel.

Oh snap! How did you grab the model files? If they came from the game is the M22 Locust files still in 2.0? :B

I own 207 tanks. My records at Blitz Stars!

Pz.Kpfw. 38H 735 (f) • Light Mk. VIC • T2 Light Tank • Tetrarch • T7 Combat Car • Type 98 Ke-Ni Otsu • BT-SV • T-15 • Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. J • LTP • M3 Light • Pz.Kpfw. S35 739 (f) • T-127 • BT-7 artillery • M22 Locust • A-32 • Sentinel AC I • Valentine II • Pz.Kpfw. B2 740 (f) • Churchill III • Angry Connor • Ram II • Panzer IV Anko Special • Pz.Kpfw. V/IV • T14 • Type 3 Chi-Nu Kai Shinobi • Cromwell B • Dicker Max • Pz.Kpfw. IV Schmalturm • Stridsvagn 74A2 • Kuro Mori Mine • AC IV Sentinel • T-34-85 Victory • T23E3 • E 25 • Type 62 • SU-122-44 • IS-2 • T-34-85 Rudy • Tankenstein • T6 Dracula • FCM 50 t • T26E4 SuperPershing • KV-5 • IS-3 Defender • T-54 first prototype • Löwe • Type 59

Ksftwe #35 Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26250 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostBRUENHILLDE, on 12 August 2015 - 03:21 PM, said:

Do you know that for sure? We can't even get camo yet. But who's to say WG wants to make cash to pay for the non paying freeloaders that play the game and decide to plaster logos on tanks or on billboards in game to recoup some of that cash from corporate sponsors? Where will it end? As soon as you can answer that then I'll have a proper answer for you on how it will affect me. 

Because the company in charge of this has explicitly stated this sponsorship will be geared towards CLANS, not all of WarGaming. WG is a company in of itself, I'm quite sure with all the prammo shot and premium time bought that it doesn't need a silly sponsorship to keep itself running. In any case, clans are a completely independent entity from WG - if concep or Jensen or Panzerace wants to do giveaways or contests they have to do it out of their own pocket.

I'm basing my judgment on what was presented to me by our kind informant here, MRoberts, and not off random speculation that would make UFOlogists squeal in delight.

Edited by Ksftwe, 12 August 2015 - 07:53 PM.

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

BRUENHILLDE #36 Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:02 PM

I HATE CHEESE

• Players
  • 15225 battles
  • [US1]

View PostKsftwe, on 12 August 2015 - 02:51 PM, said:

Because the company in charge of this has explicitly stated this sponsorship will be geared towards CLANS, not all of WarGaming. WG is a company in of itself, I'm quite sure with all the prammo shot and premium time bought that it doesn't need a silly sponsorship to keep itself running. In any case, clans are a completely independent entity from WG - if concep or Jensen or Panzerace wants to do giveaways or contests they have to do it out of their own pocket.

I'm basing my judgment on what was presented to me by our kind informant here, MRoberts, and not off random speculation that would make UFOlogists squeal in delight.

Nothing there says you know for sure what will come of it the end. Just your opinion. And why does any clan leader have to put their own money out? It's called donations to the clan fund that pays for those things. Maybe it's rare because I don't know for sure how it is in other clans but we have plenty of cash at MOM. Wig has every thing he needs coming in from us non freeloaders to help secure our continued clan entertainment. The cup over floweth here. Yep I'm proud to be MOM for sure. 

MRobertsRCS #37 Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:10 PM

Supreme Fettuccini

• Players
  • 30130 battles
  • [501DV]

A few more Q/A received:

1.  Yes, I would love to see the 501st pursue this, however they do not have any advantage over any other clan.  If Alex is interested, he will need to follow the same channels/path as others.

2.  No, I am not a voting member of the budget committee.  I do however attend the meetings and will lead the discussion on this.

3.  Regarding spending of sponsorship money:  It is up to you to determine this.  The company does not dictate the final spending, but does want to know up front what the intentions are.  Here is my suggestion:  "I want to buy IS-6 for everyone in my clan" probably doesn't look that great.  Try something like "I would like to have a monthly/weekly/whatever contest for who can score the highest damage, and award a warchest".  Or maybe something more creative than that.

My E4 has a cup holder            

ahredstealth #38 Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:12 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostBRUENHILLDE, on 12 August 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

Nothing there says you know for sure what will come of it the end. Just your opinion.

You're rolling with the same problem.  Just your opinion.  No facts.

View PostBRUENHILLDE, on 12 August 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

The cup over floweth here. Yep I'm proud to be MOM for sure. 

And that's good.  We are all very happy for you.

Now maybe you can back off the thread a little bit and let other people discuss ideas.  We completely understand where you are coming from.  You have made that crystal clear.

I'm not looking to get a sponsor for a clan either... Good god does that make it sound like work...  But some people out there might have a real good time with this.  Let them talk it out.  If it's not even going to be on the forums, and it's not in the game... then it doesn't really affect you unless you go looking for it.

If you're worried about WG'ing doing something like this, that's a completely different problem.  Start a new thread.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

Pheldagriff #39 Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9131 battles

View Postahredstealth, on 12 August 2015 - 08:12 PM, said:

Reason is speaking.

Voice of reason right here.

"Sucking is the First Step to Being Sorta Good at Something"

ScumbagJuJu #40 Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:35 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 25639 battles
That is Awesome! Now if we could get Clan Logos on the sides of our tanks and Sponsor image would be cool! Probably not but fun to think about. Bravo and that is really awesome your company is willing to do that! WOTB will have its first Pro team!

2 Time Twister Cup NA Finalist

Las Vegas 17/Seattle 18 Mobile Masters Finalist

Spring Season Professional Champion

Too Many Tourney Championship Rings To Count

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users