Immortal Tanks!

Bug

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

GreySurge #1 Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:22 AM

Private

• Players
  • 3056 battles

In one battle today a tank (Hetzer) stayed at 10 hp and was shown as alive on the main screen, while the player list and the top center panel showed all enemy TDs as killed. An ally kept trying to "finish it off" with no success.

I would attach a screenshot if this forum allowed it on iOS. The battle was at 18:07:17 PDT today in my SU-100.

I was using a non-jail broken iPad Mini with retina display - let me know if you need more info.

ThemasterTanker1 #2 Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:25 AM

No, this is Patrick

• Players
  • 18304 battles
  • [CRATE]

Something similar happened to me a while back.

I call it the "drowning bug". This is because when a tank on PC drowns, it still has it's health, but is marked destroyed.

Swanky

Trash_Panda #3 Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:27 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5729 battles

View PostGreySurge, on 02 August 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

In one battle today a tank (Hetzer) stayed at 10 hp and was shown as alive on the main screen, while the player list and the top center panel showed all enemy TDs as killed. An ally kept trying to "finish it off" with no success.

I would attach a screenshot if this forum allowed it on iOS. The battle was at 18:07:17 PDT today in my SU-100.

I was using a non-jail broken iPad Mini with retina display - let me know if you need more info.

I've had this happen to me several times and I feel like an idiot for shooting at them before realizing what has happened. To upload screenshots I E-mail them to myself, download them to my computer, re-upload them to imgur, and copy and past them into this forum.

Closed Beta Tester 

Community Pledge Signer

Formerly known as jamesthefurry

Trash_Panda #4 Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:30 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5729 battles

View PostThemasterTanker1, on 02 August 2014 - 08:25 PM, said:

Something similar happened to me a while back.

I call it the "drowning bug". This is because when a tank on PC drowns, it still has it's health, but is marked destroyed.

I don't think what happened to that A-20 is what GreySurge and I are talking about. I can't be certain but I'd say that that A-20 had all of his crew members knocked out. It's rare but it does happen. Whenever the bug I was talking about happens the tank doesn't switch to being dead like the one in your picture did, the hud continues to show it as an active tank.

Closed Beta Tester 

Community Pledge Signer

_Obsidious #5 Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:44 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20192 battles
  • [EPIC-]
I had one situation like hat last night where this T29 was left with only 45 HP on a Tier 8 battle. We had like half of the team shooting him on him. Th best thing is that every kept shooting that thing for more then five rounds each before their realized they were not bouncing on him. By that time was too late. All this attention on this tank payed off for the other team. 

"When I get home and people ask me,'Hey, Hoot, why do you do it, man? What are you? Some kind of war junkie? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you. And that's it. That's all it is."

You can not bleed with a man and not form a bond.

Monopower #6 Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:06 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9397 battles
  • [RBLN]
This happened to me once, it was a while ago, but I believe that I was either in my hetzer or my stug.  At a point into the game, I was destroyed, yet my tank never blew up and I was able to turn and shoot my turret.  The shots that I fired however, did nothing in game.  About 10 seconds later, my game crashed.  When I logged back in, my tank was showing as a blown up tank.  Everybody else in the game had also crashed.  (This was before 1.1.0 and I think it's been fixed now)

Stegs #7 Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:46 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4902 battles

From the WOT wiki:

Block Quote

Complete Crew Death
Note that as soon as all crew members are knocked out, the tank becomes inoperable. Consumables to restore a crew member's health cannot be applied anymore at this point, i.e. there is no way to restore the tank to operating condition. It counts as destroyed, even though its hull stays on the battlefield with all its remaining hitpoints.

Community Pledge Signer

Former Master of High Ping 

Panbun #8 Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8126 battles
  • [PBKAC]
This has happened to me before. There was a T29 that was on low HP and no matter what we shot at it and how many times we had to shoot it, it wouldn't 'blow up'. It was the same as in your case where it was seen as destroyed on the player list but the tank was still there. No idea why. :wacko:

charlie9797 #9 Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5703 battles
Guys maybe cause the crew was killed? I'm guessing that's why because in pc once my whole crew died in one shot but my tank was still there, not destroyed

T2 Light =  T34T18 = T82 = M36 Jackson = Pz.38(t) nA = Tiger (P)  = E50=  E75 = Jagdtiger M3 Lend Lease = T-44 Cromwell

Tier Xs - E100

wow

Spinee #10 Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:57 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 257 battles
Didn't anyone know this? This happens when all of the crew of a tank are killed. The tank will appear alive in the game, but will be dead in the tank panel (Whatever it's called). If this happens, no shots will penetrate it, it will NOT blow up. Just leave it be and move on
The EU lurker (I play on EU if that's not any more obvious). Click here to see my stats
Proud British (Excuses for) tanks hater

Waiting to come: AMX 50 100, AMX 50B, WZ-111 1-4, 121

Click here to go to my YouTube channel

Click here to send me a donation via PayPal. All donations are appreciated 

Click here to go to my Twitter page and give me a follow

Trash_Panda #11 Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5729 battles

View PostStegs, on 02 August 2014 - 11:46 PM, said:

From the WOT wiki:

View Postcharlie9797, on 03 August 2014 - 02:37 AM, said:

Guys maybe cause the crew was killed? I'm guessing that's why because in pc once my whole crew died in one shot but my tank was still there, not destroyed

View PostSpinee, on 03 August 2014 - 04:57 AM, said:

Didn't anyone know this? This happens when all of the crew of a tank are killed. The tank will appear alive in the game, but will be dead in the tank panel (Whatever it's called). If this happens, no shots will penetrate it, it will NOT blow up. Just leave it be and move on

I fully understand that this happens and I do believe the A-20 in the picture had it's crew knocked out because the HUD has switched it to a darker red meaning the tank is dead. What I'm talking about is when that doesn't happen and the HUD still shows the tank as a Bright red meaning it is still active in battle.

Closed Beta Tester 

Community Pledge Signer

charlie9797 #12 Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5703 battles

View Postjamesthefurry, on 03 August 2014 - 12:01 PM, said:

I fully understand that this happens and I do believe the A-20 in the picture had it's crew knocked out because the HUD has switched it to a darker red meaning the tank is dead. What I'm talking about is when that doesn't happen and the HUD still shows the tank as a Bright red meaning it is still active in battle.

That still happens it outlines the tank but you can see it's been knocked out

T2 Light =  T34T18 = T82 = M36 Jackson = Pz.38(t) nA = Tiger (P)  = E50=  E75 = Jagdtiger M3 Lend Lease = T-44 Cromwell

Tier Xs - E100

wow

ThemasterTanker1 #13 Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:24 PM

No, this is Patrick

• Players
  • 18304 battles
  • [CRATE]

View Postjamesthefurry, on 02 August 2014 - 09:30 PM, said:

I don't think what happened to that A-20 is what GreySurge and I are talking about. I can't be certain but I'd say that that A-20 had all of his crew members knocked out. It's rare but it does happen. Whenever the bug I was talking about happens the tank doesn't switch to being dead like the one in your picture did, the hud continues to show it as an active tank.

Huh, never knew that could happen.

Swanky

RenamedUser_1008249926 #14 Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:33 PM

Private

• Players
  • 280 battles

If all of the crew is dead, you should still be able to do damage too the tan until it is detroyed.

We had a bug on WOT Xbox like this where the tanks were dead, but still appeared alive. We could not do damage to them and had to cap to end the game. WG called them Zombie tanks.

GreySurge #15 Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:30 PM

Private

• Players
  • 3056 battles

Thank you to to everyone who replied. jamesfurry thanks for the photo upload trick I can now upload my screenshots - please see below. The Hetzer on the left is shown on the main screen as fully active, while on the top HUD and the side bars it's shown as destroyed.

I understand and that the crew may have been killed and the tank is knocked out, but it's still a huge distraction when people can't finish the tank off and waste their ammo. I hope Wargaming can make this aspect of the game more intuitive.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Campagnolo #16 Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:41 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 720 battles

View PostGreySurge, on 04 August 2014 - 07:30 AM, said:

Thank you to to everyone who replied. jamesfurry thanks for the photo upload trick I can now upload my screenshots - please see below. The Hetzer on the left is shown on the main screen as fully active, while on the top HUD and the side bars it's shown as destroyed.

I understand and that the crew may have been killed and the tank is knocked out, but it's still a huge distraction when people can't finish the tank off and waste their ammo. I hope Wargaming can make this aspect of the game more intuitive.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey GreySurge,

This is a known issue but we would still like your feedback. Could you please send in a ticket to support with these screenshots? We'll log the information and send it off to our developers. 

Thanks!

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

Also tagged with Bug

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users