Similar Clan Names

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

SirBryson #1 Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30195 battles
  • [2WEAK]

I was running solo last night and the map was black goldville. I looked at our roster and see a Kreig platoon and think to myself great I got at least two I can count on to be productive. The the platoon was a obj 140 and a e5.  Someone says caves and we get like 5 affirimatives.  Everyone starts heading caves and then I notice the toon is going middle.  I think to myself they must know what they are doing and try to get into position to support. Before I can get to the top in my M48 they Yolo rush a IS-4,E100,T-62 and T-54. They literally sat still, in the open just trading shots. They died within a matter of seconds. I thought it was strange, but we all have had those games we regret and don't perform up to standards. They both started blaming everyone for not supporting and calling us noobs as we died. I decided to check their stats and must to my amazement they were both 46% players. wth, how, in Kreig?   I checked the clan profile and realized the spelling is different. Krieg vs Kreig. 

Edited by SirBryson, 18 August 2015 - 05:15 PM.

Augustus_Sohn #2 Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:32 PM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 13378 battles
  • [III-H]
Thanks for the heads up! I never even thought to look for that! Sucks you fell for their clan-ruse though. 

WHO NEEDS ARTY WHEN YOU’VE GOT RNG TO MAGICALLY SCREW YOU?

PixelRage #3 Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:40 PM

Professional Easter Egg Hunter

• Players
  • 15170 battles
Yeah there are a lot of them there is also a clan called [BLITZ] Krieg there is also a [501ST] and [5O1ST] in game they look almost identical 

Your friendly banned forumer

https://www.youtube..../PixelRageGames

ahredstealth #4 Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:45 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

So do you honestly believe they did it just to try and be an impostor clan?

I'm sort of doubting it.  I'm betting they just haven't been to the forums, and a 12 year old that can't spell started up the clan, and others flocked into it.  I'm also betting there are a hand full of some sort of KRIEG or KREIG or KRE1G or KR1EG or whatever clans out there just from the name of the game being "Blitz."

To be fair, I've also fallen for that.  A T-34-85 on lost temple.  I never noticed the speelinzg being wrong because I'm awesome like that.  He went hills instead of temple, and I figured he was flanking or going for TDs or something, but I headed out with him in my T-44 because I figured I might learn a thing or two.

He popped up on top of a hill and got slaughtered.  Then typed in chat "That didn't work well."

I lol'd.

After the fight I checked him, just because I was curious, and yup... Not the unicum I expected nor the clan I thought.

Oh well.  moved on.

Edited by ahredstealth, 18 August 2015 - 12:46 PM.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

Droidekool #5 Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26556 battles
  • [RBLN]
LOL. I bumped into this situation once where there were a pair of platoon namely GR1M and KRIEG. At the beginning of the match, I text o7, good we have u, unicum, we win this, bla2. To make it worst, I posted it in Global chat (where reds also can see it). Well, we lost the match horribally with the fact that I found those platoon were 40er tankers

Tier X: E100, Jadgpanzer E100, E50M, T110E5, T110E3, IS7, Object 268

Tier IX: E 75, E 50, M 103, IS 8, Jagdtiger, Object 704T95

Premium Tank: Tankenstein, Jadgpanther

PixelRage #6 Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:59 PM

• Players
  • 15170 battles

Why do people think when they have KRIEG on thee team it is an automatic win. I had a KRIEG player on my team once he was top tier and he only did 400 damage the whole game but when I see lastlife92 on my team I know we will have a fairly good chance.

BootlegTampico #7 Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:15 PM

"LGoW" --Random Pub

• Players
  • 22549 battles

View PostPixelRage, on 18 August 2015 - 06:59 AM, said:

Why do people think when they have KRIEG on thee team it is an automatic win. I had a KRIEG player on my team once he was top tier and he only did 400 damage the whole game but when I see lastlife92 on my team I know we will have a fairly good chance.

I'm just glad to have someone on my team I can depend on to do their job. 

Not always the case though, once I had AX70, and lastlife92 on my team, and we did 9700 damage combined(I did the second most) and we still lost. I was pretty ticked lol. 

Clan War Discord Server youtube Join the Legion

I would love for Wargaming to succeed, and I will push for success until I'm gone or Blitz is. 

PixelRage #8 Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:18 PM

• Players
  • 15170 battles

View PostShawk_91, on 18 August 2015 - 11:15 PM, said:

I'm just glad to have someone on my team I can depend on to do their job. 

Not always the case though, once I had AX70, and lastlife92 on my team, and we did 9700 damage combined(I did the second most) and we still lost. I was pretty ticked lol. 

What are you talking about? I would rather have a bunch of people that don't know what they are doing than people that actually know how to play the game. Only kidding and 9700 damage combined on a loss sucks but my most damaging game I lost and I was pretty happy because it was a close game but when we are losing like 6-0 that's when my rage kicks in 

Minecraftexpert_25 #9 Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:25 PM

Not a Unicum

• Players
  • 32210 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostPixelRage, on 18 August 2015 - 12:59 PM, said:

When I'm on your team in my Leopard 1 you also have a pretty good chance :trollface:

January 28, 2016- The day Alo8ight moved on in his life from WG and WoTB. You will be missed o7.

March 27, 2017- Dogface takes over as senior producer for WoTB. Fate of Senator_Ratbat unknown.

Block Quote

"The darker the purple, the darker the soul." - Ancient WG proverb. -CrimsonMG

Up up down left right down up left left down <-----my super MLG pro strats 420 no scope headshot hacks (no credit to ksftwe whatsoever)

PixelRage #10 Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:27 PM

• Players
  • 15170 battles

View PostMinecraftexpert_25, on 18 August 2015 - 11:25 PM, said:

When I'm on your team in my Leopard 1 you also have a pretty good chance :trollface:

Maybe one day it will happen. Haven't we met once in game though? But I would like to have you on my team and see how you play 

RiezMich #11 Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4719 battles

View Postahredstealth, on 18 August 2015 - 08:45 PM, said:

So do you honestly believe they did it just to try and be an impostor clan?

I'm sort of doubting it.  I'm betting they just haven't been to the forums, and a 12 year old that can't spell started up the clan, and others flocked into it.  I'm also betting there are a hand full of some sort of KRIEG or KREIG or KRE1G or KR1EG or whatever clans out there just from the name of the game being "Blitz."

To be fair, I've also fallen for that.  A T-34-85 on lost temple.  I never noticed the speelinzg being wrong because I'm awesome like that.  He went hills instead of temple, and I figured he was flanking or going for TDs or something, but I headed out with him in my T-44 because I figured I might learn a thing or two.

He popped up on top of a hill and got slaughtered.  Then typed in chat "That didn't work well."

I lol'd.

After the fight I checked him, just because I was curious, and yup... Not the unicum I expected nor the clan I thought.

Oh well.  moved on.

HAHAHAHA made my night xD

Minecraftexpert_25 #12 Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:34 PM

Not a Unicum

• Players
  • 32210 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostPixelRage, on 18 August 2015 - 01:27 PM, said:

Maybe one day it will happen. Haven't we met once in game though? But I would like to have you on my team and see how you play 

Yeah you were in your comet and I was in my T20.

View PostRiezMich, on 18 August 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

HAHAHAHA made my night xD

lol same. Sometimes I'll say something like that if I get slaughtered.

January 28, 2016- The day Alo8ight moved on in his life from WG and WoTB. You will be missed o7.

March 27, 2017- Dogface takes over as senior producer for WoTB. Fate of Senator_Ratbat unknown.

Block Quote

Up up down left right down up left left down <-----my super MLG pro strats 420 no scope headshot hacks (no credit to ksftwe whatsoever)

PixelRage #13 Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:40 PM

• Players
  • 15170 battles

View PostMinecraftexpert_25, on 18 August 2015 - 11:34 PM, said:

Yeah you were in your comet and I was in my T20.

Oh yeah that's right. You might want to watch out now that I have my centurion I am officially a pro now I have a T8 tank 

CptCheez #14 Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:47 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles
Yeah I don't think it's really fair to call these "imposter" clans.  Yes, the forum "Krieg" clan was able to pre-register their name & tag before 2.0 was released.  But all of the other versions of that name used since then probably have NO idea who the forum clan guys are.  They see a game called "Blitz" made with WW2 tanks, and the first thing that comes to mind is the term "Blitzkrieg", coined during that time period.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

Minecraftexpert_25 #15 Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:07 PM

Not a Unicum

• Players
  • 32210 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostCptCheez, on 18 August 2015 - 02:47 PM, said:

Yeah I don't think it's really fair to call these "imposter" clans.  Yes, the forum "Krieg" clan was able to pre-register their name & tag before 2.0 was released.  But all of the other versions of that name used since then probably have NO idea who the forum clan guys are.  They see a game called "Blitz" made with WW2 tanks, and the first thing that comes to mind is the term "Blitzkrieg", coined during that time period.

Possibly but I have actually had people say in the global chat in game. "Oh great we have a KRIEG, they suck" mistaking the other clan for the "real" one. More often then not though it's "oh yay we got a KRIEG".

Edited by Minecraftexpert_25, 18 August 2015 - 04:07 PM.

Block Quote

CptCheez #16 Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:29 PM

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostMinecraftexpert_25, on 18 August 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

Possibly but I have actually had people say in the global chat in game. "Oh great we have a KRIEG, they suck" mistaking the other clan for the "real" one. More often then not though it's "oh yay we got a KRIEG".

Understood that there is confusion among the general populace.  But to call these other clans "imposters" implies there was some sort of malicious intent in their name choice.

tlouie #17 Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9642 battles
  • [TAT]

View PostCptCheez, on 18 August 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

Understood that there is confusion among the general populace.  But to call these other clans "imposters" implies there was some sort of malicious intent in their name choice.

Maybe Krieg needs to call themselves "The Original Krieg".

SirBryson #18 Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30195 battles
  • [2WEAK]

View PostCptCheez, on 18 August 2015 - 04:29 PM, said:

You are right cheez.  It was a poor choice of words on my part.  I don't think they did it with any malicious intent.  Maybe I should have labeled the topic "similar clan names". All I was trying to do was give the community a heads up.  I use as much information as possible to help plan each battle and my lack of attention to detail failed me here. 

CptCheez #19 Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:53 PM

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View Posttlouie, on 18 August 2015 - 12:37 PM, said:

Maybe Krieg needs to call themselves "The Original Krieg".

That would work.  They could even abbreviate it, "The OK Clan".  Think about how that would play out in game chat.

"That guy...is he Krieg?  I hope he's good"

'Yeah, he's OK'

Edited by CptCheez, 18 August 2015 - 05:54 PM.

Minecraftexpert_25 #20 Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:29 PM

Not a Unicum

• Players
  • 32210 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostCptCheez, on 18 August 2015 - 05:53 PM, said:

That would work.  They could even abbreviate it, "The OK Clan".  Think about how that would play out in game chat.

"That guy...is he Krieg?  I hope he's good"

'Yeah, he's OK'

That would be awesome. Yeah guys I'm OK.

And btw while this thread is here why not make a list of all the clans that have other clans named similarly after them?

Block Quote

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users