Similar Clan Names

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Alo8ight #21 Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:19 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1810 battles
Now that clans have been introduced, we can expect to see the "known" clans we're familiar with in the forums, and others that have yet to participate within the forums. These clans will have a variety skill sets (good/or not-so-good). The fact that we have yet to discover the 3,000+ clans that are currently apart of the NA region, and how they coordinate with one another, is an interesting mystery of its own. 

veganzombiez #22 Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:01 PM

Clan Guy

• Players
  • 1 battle
  • [WGA]

As a note, it's not against our rules for a clan to have a similar clan name or tag as another clan.  However, if a clan makes a similar clan name or tag and then actively attempts to harass the original clan, then that can be reported for a violation.

For example, Alo8ight decides to create a clan called "Alo8ight [ALO8]".  I make a clan called "Al08ight [AL08]".  That's perfectly fine.

BUT THEN

I start going on all the forums and in the game violating multiple rules, while specifically mentioning my clan name/tag.  [ALO8] can then submit a rule violation ticket to Clan Management, at which point the actions of [AL08] will be investigated.

(Ambassador to anime clans)

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

epicheeru #23 Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:22 PM

Meme Lord of the 21st Century

• Players
  • 16831 battles
  • [501RV]

View Postveganzombiez, on 18 August 2015 - 05:01 PM, said:

As a note, it's not against our rules for a clan to have a similar clan name or tag as another clan.  However, if a clan makes a similar clan name or tag and then actively attempts to harass the original clan, then that can be reported for a violation.

For example, Alo8ight decides to create a clan called "Alo8ight [ALO8]".  I make a clan called "Al08ight [AL08]".  That's perfectly fine.

BUT THEN

I start going on all the forums and in the game violating multiple rules, while specifically mentioning my clan name/tag.  [ALO8] can then submit a rule violation ticket to Clan Management, at which point the actions of [AL08] will be investigated.

BUT THEN
My heart actually stopped XD.

I see how that system works. 

Garage: E 50 M, Jagdpanzer E 100, Leopard 1, IS-7

Premium: T34 (1776), KpfPz 70, T6 DRACULAHelsing, Pz4S, Glacial 112, Type 62 Dragon, T49 A

AMX M4 45 Damage Record Holder! (5438 damage)

xXx_Elsa_From_Frozen_xXx #24 Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:44 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11194 battles
  • [SRT_]
Rumors are that Alo8ight is making a clan called [ALO8] :trollface:

Above of 99% of North American Players.                       ~2113 WN7 (Super Unicum)                    ~3200WN8 (Super Unicum)  

I'm a Frozen enthusiast and I shall never let it go! 

Hoodootime #25 Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:13 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 55300 battles
  • [WEAK]

Be realistic. The fake clans are intentional fakes. There are several fake GRIM clans out there. They did it on purpose. It is confusing. And it should not be permitted. Tolerating imposter clans dilutes the reputation of the real deal and confuses the team in the 4 seconds they have to decide to whom they should listen.

Our dedicated fakes:

GRIMS

GRIMR

REAPR

Edited by Hoodootime, 20 August 2015 - 12:16 AM.

CptCheez #26 Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:15 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostHoodootime, on 19 August 2015 - 08:13 PM, said:

Be realistic. The fake clans are intentional fakes. There are several fake GRIM clans out there. They did it on purpose. It is confusing. And it should not be permitted. Tolerating imposter clans dilutes the reputation of the real deal and confuses the team in the 4 seconds they have to decide to whom they should listen.

Our dedicated fakes:

GRIMS

GRIMR

REAPR

Be realistic.  The term "Grim Reaper" is very common.  For someone playing a fighting game to want to create a clan name based on a figure that kills people is not that much of a stretch.  In fact, it's highly probable.  They go into the game, try to create [GRIM] and go, "Dang, someone already took that...what else can I choose that is still like Grim Reaper??"

The people that visit the forums are maybe 5-10% of the Blitz-playing population.  The vast majority of people playing this game have no idea who your [GRIM] clan is, nor do they care.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

BRUENHILLDE #27 Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:24 PM

I HATE CHEESE

• Players
  • 15178 battles
  • [US-1]

View PostCptCheez, on 20 August 2015 - 10:15 AM, said:

Be realistic.  The term "Grim Reaper" is very common.  For someone playing a fighting game to want to create a clan name based on a figure that kills people is not that much of a stretch.  In fact, it's highly probable.  They go into the game, try to create [GRIM] and go, "Dang, someone already took that...what else can I choose that is still like Grim Reaper??"

The people that visit the forums are maybe 5-10% of the Blitz-playing population.  The vast majority of people playing this game have no idea who your [GRIM] clan is, nor do they care.

I never ever ever ever agree with cheese but he actually makes a valid point. There's only a handful of players that actually use the forums. And know about the known clans. Do you actually think that the clan grim is so well known that you have fan boys out there that are trying to replicate you and should listen to what you say in game because of the grim tag? Unlikely but hey it's a free country to think what you like. 

Winner of the coveted most admired Blitz forumer award for 2018!  In addition to the 2014,15,16,17 awards.

Over 13,000 profile views. Better than 99.99% of forum users. And more than all of club war gaming members combined. And I've never even started a thread or made a video. By the way everyone hates the rules quoting guy. 

Proud member of US-1 ALL AMERICANS! Americans only. To apply here check out our feeder clans Triari and Prammo first. If you are from north or south of the border do not bother applying. You are not welcome here. Thanks. 

CptCheez #28 Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:27 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostBRUENHILLDE, on 20 August 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

I never ever ever ever agree with cheese but he actually makes a valid point.

This is the 2nd time in a week or so that you've agreed with me.  Are you sure you're feeling alright? :B

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

BRUENHILLDE #29 Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:34 PM

I HATE CHEESE

• Players
  • 15178 battles
  • [US-1]

View PostCptCheez, on 20 August 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

This is the 2nd time in a week or so that you've agreed with me.  Are you sure you're feeling alright? :B

I love me some cheese. 

Winner of the coveted most admired Blitz forumer award for 2018!  In addition to the 2014,15,16,17 awards.

Over 13,000 profile views. Better than 99.99% of forum users. And more than all of club war gaming members combined. And I've never even started a thread or made a video. By the way everyone hates the rules quoting guy. 

Proud member of US-1 ALL AMERICANS! Americans only. To apply here check out our feeder clans Triari and Prammo first. If you are from north or south of the border do not bother applying. You are not welcome here. Thanks. 

Ammo #30 Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:44 PM

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

• Players
  • 30453 battles
  • [ST0RM]
There are already enough variables to weigh at the beginning of a match.  I'm trying to commit the top ten performing clans monickers to memory and stop there.  With 3,000+ clans in existence in Blitz I know it's hopeless to try and assess this.  I have two buckets, danger kitty clan, and players with brackets after their name.

As seen in game chat "ammo sux"

Blitz Community Coalition

ahredstealth #31 Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:43 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostHoodootime, on 19 August 2015 - 06:13 PM, said:

Be realistic. The fake clans are intentional fakes. 

I think that there are some fake trolling clans out there.  To be honest.

But I think that more like 90-95% are much like what cheese said.  Just some kids that wanted to come up with a 1337 sick name, yo!

I'm going to take the time to point out that the more well know, (perhaps better) you clan is, the more likely it is to have troll clans.  Of course at the same time, the more witty, clever, and straight out awesome your clan name/tag is the more you will have to deal with random people also trying to use something similar...

Such as [GRIM] Reaper, which admittedly is pretty sweet for a clan name/tag.

However, [501ST] versus [5O1ST]... that seems odd to me.  Why not just change a number?  Unless the fake is military or something, and really wants that number for personal reasons.

But say... something like...  just off the top of my head...

[ACE] of Spades.

Okay, I see that name while I'm playing and think it's pretty sweet.  When I start my clan, I can't use it, but want to be close... so I got [4CE] 0f Spades.  (or [4CE] of Clubs, whatever)  I could see those popping up all over the place.  It wouldn't be intentional trolling, just something someone saw that was a cool name.  (actually kinda lame, but it popped into my head.)

Just like it must be a constant battle to clean up the [BUTT] Sniffers sort of Clan tags/names.  Ugh.  I do not envy that job.  I mean, I would imagine about five minutes after you get rid of one, someone else pops into game and notices that name isn't taken, and grabs it, and WG'ing is right back to the same spot...

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

veganzombiez #32 Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:56 PM

Clan Guy

• Players
  • 1 battle
  • [WGA]

View PostHoodootime, on 19 August 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

Our dedicated fakes:

GRIMS

GRIMR

REAPR

The words "Grim" and "Reaper" are very common and well known words, particularly for a World War II tank game.  Additionally, simply because another clan has the same name as yours doesn't mean that clan is specifically targeting you. If you feel their actions are specifically targeting your clan, and more than just having a similar name, you can submit a ticket to Support and they'll review the case.

(Ambassador to anime clans)

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

veetoh #33 Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10377 battles
TITAN and T1TAN are the same clan, just split into two.

KRIEG | USCUM | NE | PRAMO

YouTube channel - Dark Purple Veetoh

Augustus_Sohn #34 Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:55 AM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 13380 battles
  • [III-H]
My son said "Dad, play my Pz.IV D. It's a good tank!" Okay, so I did, and he was right. I kicked some tail in it. In one game I saw a dude with a Kreig tag in an A-20. He was easily chewed up by me (yes I focused on him; sorry friends), and yes it was fun. I looked at his stats afterwards and they were atrocious. I expected to see a deal clubbing Krieg member. Nope. It was the other one. 

WHO NEEDS ARTY WHEN YOU’VE GOT RNG TO MAGICALLY SCREW YOU?

BR1XT0N #35 Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:01 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11164 battles
  • [CMPNY]

View PostMinecraftexpert_25, on 18 August 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

Possibly but I have actually had people say in the global chat in game. "Oh great we have a KRIEG, they suck" mistaking the other clan for the "real" one. More often then not though it's "oh yay we got a KRIEG".

those dudes know about the real krieg, I've seen them in global lying about it.

"Come and take your medicine."

Recruiting: HERE Stats: BR1XT0N Tank Videos: HERE

Proud Member of the

//©// COMPANY \\©\\

Player_5773117413 #36 Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:15 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 29962 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostBR1XT0N, on 21 August 2015 - 12:01 AM, said:

those dudes know about the real krieg, I've seen them in global lying about it.

screenshot, report as harrasment of real Krieg, and get rid of them. Do one of our forum clans a favor

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

BR1XT0N #37 Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:27 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11164 battles
  • [CMPNY]
I don't think they've done anything wrong, after reading what vegan has written about the policy of wg. They were not in global using hate speech, or trying to get people to play a different competing game while pretending to be the forums krieg; they simply advertised that there was only one group and that therefore we should listen to them. In any case, I can't go back in time and screen shot it now. :)

"Come and take your medicine."

Recruiting: HERE Stats: BR1XT0N Tank Videos: HERE

Proud Member of the

//©// COMPANY \\©\\

Stealth_T49 #38 Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:26 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 70704 battles
  • [MASHU]
Got 2 read the label

[MASHU] TEAMSPEAK  mashu.teamspeak3.com:3736  come visit

1 user(s) are reading this topic