• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

WhiskeyCyclone #21 Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23661 battles
  • [LONR]

View PostAlakazamfan1, on 20 August 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

Why do people like the Churchill 3? It's a Churchill 1 with a gun with poor pen. The Churchill 1s gun is the only thing that keeps it from being a bad tank

I can tell you why I like it, you run into very few enemies that can exchange shots with you, especially if you wiggle. The gun reminds me of the Zis-4 on the T-34, death by a thousand pin pricks. Those low damage shells take a toll when they are flowing like a river, and while the turret is easy to pen, few focus on it. It's nothing like the Churchill I, which I hated. It's a damned beast, and I lament every sale event that promotes it, because the only tank in Tier V that I consider a major threat is another Ch III. The experience multiplier is off the charts, my previous record for most exp in a battle was in my T -62a, now my highest exp is from the Ch III. And no, the bar wasn't low. On a good day I'm pretty good in a T-62a.

Keep it old school. 

Player_5773117413 #22 Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:57 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 30807 battles
  • [SPUD]

It's a pretty decent tier 5. So far the closest thing you can get to a premium kv1. Armor is upgraded with Stalinium, and the 6 pounder is a neat gun. The pref mm really helps too.

however, I've been staying away from my church 3 lately. I used to be the best on the NA server by WR in it, but after a few bad battles that WR dropped. Very green tier 5s on green team along with red knowledge of the weak turret armor and some hard hitting tier 6s make me hesitant to roll out in this thing right now. Maybe after finishing up the grinds I'm in right now I'll get back into it, but it's stored deep in the garage for now.

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

Klaus_Klavier #23 Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17129 battles
My go to tank after tilt is my B2

The E25 Whisperer

"Beware for those who those who stare into the abyss....lest the abyss stares back" 

Alakazamfan1 #24 Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14454 battles
Well it looks like I was convinced to buy it. It is a pretty fun tank :)

tpcshadow #25 Posted 22 August 2015 - 12:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 38848 battles
  • [SPUD]
I won one back in the "paper tank" challenge, and hardly ever take it out of the garage.  Too many Tier V and VI tanks can turn the turret to Swiss cheese, negating any sidescraping advantage. And the spitball shooter they jokingly call a gun ...

SonnetVolta #26 Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:21 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15037 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Oof. I bought this tank this weekend, figuring it would cure my credit woes…nope. I get shredded in this tank.

It's just like a half-way upgraded Churchill I. I already have an elited Churchill I.

• It looks just like the Churchill VII, so you will forget and think it has a good turret. It doesn't.
  • It has good RoF but terrible penetration and so-so accuracy, so you will use APCR and burn through your credits.
    • I bought the tank hoping I would earn credits.
  • The gun does not have HE, so you can't reliably track Tier VI tanks.
  • The gunner dies every time a red tank sneezes.
  • The components in your Churchill III don't have enough Stalinium to save your sorry [[edited]] in a firefight..
  • The components in your Churchill III do have just enough Stalinium that they won't save you any time on your Churchill I grind, even though the turret, gun, engine, and suspension are nominally identical.

I have 500+ games in my Churchill I and Churchill VII. I'm over 50% in Churchill I, VI, and Black Prince. I've aced all three of those. I am currently rocking a 39% WR in my Churchill III. Nobody tell me "just learn to sidescrape and you'll win." The Churchill III is a paper tiger. (No disrespect to APaperTiger).

better sig

Richie_McCaw #27 Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:33 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7586 battles
I'm 29 battles in with 76%wr and 1200 ave damage. Made 20-40k credits in t5 games. Best to platoon with another Churchill or slow heavy. It excels as a sniper but the lack of armor and 0 speed means it doesn't trade very well 1v1.

LE_gend_VI #28 Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:35 AM

The man, the myth

• Players
  • 20816 battles
I forget how fast it reloads im watching my angle thinking i need to wait on reload instead of pumping out the lead! I need to get used to it for one. Mostly got it for collecting. 1 premium for each tier available. 

Jim0265 #29 Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:57 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4671 battles
I like this tank. I've been having good results so far. Guess the Reds I've come across don't know about the turret. I platoon often with a church l and we clean up. I pepper them and he smacks them with his bigger gun. It seems to work good for us. This is a fun tank for me so far. It's worth the money in my book. 

WhiskeyCyclone #30 Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23661 battles
  • [LONR]
It's one of the safest tanks to play, if you like winning. True, people are learning where to shoot it, so it's not as OP as it used to be. But 72% WR isn't bad for a tank I solo in. 

Keep it old school. 

Looney999 #31 Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6709 battles
  • [III-Z]

Step 1) Add the track upgrade equipment

Step 2) Side scrape or angle to hide your front with the tracks

Step 3) Laugh and laugh and laugh at the raging reds as your tracks eat their shots.

(unless you run into a forumer or Unicum who knows the weak spots) :angry:

-Community Pledge Signer-

The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to LET THEM SHOOT HOLES IN ME!

tpcshadow #32 Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 38848 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostLooney999, on 08 September 2015 - 03:36 PM, said:

Step 1) Add the track upgrade equipment

Step 2) Side scrape or angle to hide your front with the tracks

Step 3) Laugh and laugh and laugh at the raging reds as your tracks eat their shots.

(unless you run into a forumer or Unicum who knows the weak spots) :angry:

Or they notice the entire turret is pennable from everywhere. People talk about side scraping, but you don't need to know weak spots. Just clued up enough to use sniper view and see no red on the turret. Lots of 45% see that.

tjheff1066 #33 Posted 09 September 2015 - 01:42 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 68293 battles
  • [ACE1]
I love this tank and do very well in it.  I have a 67% win rate or there abouts and I go over 1K damage quite regularly.  I think it shreds.  I play it similar to how I play my Black Prince - very aggressive.  I shoot while on the move, I make sure I always have the tank angled so I am shooting over the front wheel, do some wiggling, keep the angle but move it around a bit....but the most important thing I have found for me to have success is shoot, shoot shoot and shoot some more....the fast reload and constant hitting causes panic in other tanks and they start to try and escape...but I just keep coming at them.  They start out sitting there trying to take careful aim and I hit them 3-4 times, driving closer and closer after each hit....then they realize half their HPs are gone and they start their exit strategy but its too late. The only tier V tanks that I have to pull up and really be worried about are KV-1 and T1 Heavy.  Those are trickier to pen and I do often times have to go APCR.  But even shooting a few of those I usually earn credits.  Tier 6 battles are obviously going to be more of a challenge as the Pen issues really start to become a problem, but at tier V most tanks are easily penned.   I really enjoy the tank, but I have always liked the Churchill line so some personal bias there.  Also this tank does not get tracked nearly as often as the standard Church does either due to the side skirts.

tjheff1066 #34 Posted 09 September 2015 - 02:09 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 68293 battles
  • [ACE1]

Edited by tjheff1066, 09 September 2015 - 02:13 PM.

IronSpectre1138 #35 Posted 09 September 2015 - 02:13 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5512 battles
  • [SPUDX]
It's a good credit and free experience maker. You can bounce a lot of shells with angling and by protecting the turret.

"Traditionally, Spuds love to fight. All real Spuds love the sting of battle."

I am the official beer wench of the Spuds. I may not be a unicum, but I keep the suds flowing.

cheasesteak #36 Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:08 PM

Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

• Players
  • 23137 battles
  • [COD-R]

Angle, wiggle, and shoot.  DPM the enemy to death.  Good tank and good credits.

Make sure you bring plenty of APCR though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users