Tanks on top of hill in desert sands

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Lego_Mas #1 Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:50 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 89 battles
I have been in since beta, and I haven't seen this before. Someone in his M3 Lee got on top of the hill behind his spawn in the "Desert Sands" map. Maybe an invisible wall is in order? I was not able to snap a screenshot sadly. He managed to kill two tanks, another M3 lee, and me, in my SU-76.

charlie9797 #2 Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:55 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5703 battles
I hate those guys for one reason : if they're on my team, I know that they're just a waste of space, they always seem to die first

T2 Light =  T34T18 = T82 = M36 Jackson = Pz.38(t) nA = Tiger (P)  = E50=  E75 = Jagdtiger M3 Lend Lease = T-44 Cromwell

Tier Xs - E100

wow

BearHawkMan #3 Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:27 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7559 battles
  • [DFNT]
Yeah they are useless. Don't pay them attention, just take cover behind a building and occasionally pop out and fire at the tank up on the enemy ledge.

YouTube: Here | Old Sig: Here

Come watch me play video games LIVE at twitch.tv/bearhawkman

CrimsonMG #4 Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10683 battles
  • [FLOOP]
I see tds up there and that's understandable, but when i see heavies and mediums camping there i know they're useless.

Campagnolo #5 Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:37 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 720 battles

Hey all, are you guys stating that they're behind the red line? If you guys can provide screenshots, please send in a ticket to support with them! We'll get on it right away. :)

Refer to this post:

http://forum.wotblit...ou-found-a-bug/

Thanks!

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

siouxinpa #6 Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:16 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3096 battles

View PostCampagnolo, on 12 August 2014 - 08:37 PM, said:

Hey all, are you guys stating that they're behind the red line? If you guys can provide screenshots, please send in a ticket to support with them! We'll get on it right away. :)

Refer to this post:

http://forum.wotblit...ou-found-a-bug/

Thanks!

No it's not behind the line, it's in a greyed out area of the map. You can even get heavies up to it.

= Proud signer of the Community Pledge =

The_Commander_ #7 Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12254 battles
  • [FILTH]
It's a good spot for TD's, but it annoys me when I see anything else up there.

Closed Beta Tester

naktl #8 Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:50 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18714 battles

A good TD sniper (T7 or below, maybe higher Russians) in one of those spots can carry your entire team.  What is needed though is that the heavies hold a perimeter so you do not get spotted.  It is probably the best snipe map in the game if you have even a halfway decent team.

Mediums could play up there, but on the desert map the Mediums have a lot of other better options and things to do.  The other way you get spotted is by losing the desert flank.

A Heavy going up there is just getting his team killed.  They may get a shot or two, but they will quickly be spotted and lose all or most of their hp before they can get down.  Same with the slower TDs.  You can take a an upgraded Ferdinand up there effectively, but not the T28 and above US TDs (which I have seen).  There are exceptions of course.  The other night I was playing a Tiger II on that map and was the smallest tank on my team.  All T9-10 on both teams.  I went up to a medium height perch and did some good damage before relocating.  No way I was going to be of use toe to toe or even peek-a-boom in that MM.

If you can stay unspotted and have targets for the first part of the map you can rain down destruction very effectively.  What does not work is when the tide of the battle is changing and they refuse to relocate.

Campagnolo #9 Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 720 battles

View Postsiouxinpa, on 12 August 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

No it's not behind the line, it's in a greyed out area of the map. You can even get heavies up to it.

Ah, I see. It sounds like it's just part of the game, then.

Any place within the red line is fair game for the most part. Do you usually see a lot of heavies up there or do you think it's a bit OP?

Might want to take this to the suggestions and feedback section. If you take screenshots and let people know where exactly, you can get some good traction to change this. :)

charlie9797 #10 Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5703 battles

View PostCampagnolo, on 14 August 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

Any place within the red line is fair game for the most part. Do you usually see a lot of heavies up there or do you think it's a bit OP?

Might want to take this to the suggestions and feedback section. If you take screenshots and let people know where exactly, you can get some good traction to change this. :)

Can you guys fix the bug in copper field where tanks get up the hill? It's annoying cause we can't shoot at them 

T2 Light =  T34T18 = T82 = M36 Jackson = Pz.38(t) nA = Tiger (P)  = E50=  E75 = Jagdtiger M3 Lend Lease = T-44 Cromwell

Tier Xs - E100

wow

Campagnolo #11 Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 720 battles

Are you talking about the spot with the wooden wall? I have yet to have someone provide a screenshot of a tank up there demonstrating the location.

From what it sounds like, it's part of the game, not really a bug. It may just be a very advantageous spot that provides an excellent hull-down position. As long as they're not shooting through walls or anything.

If you guys can provide the screenshot, I can try and get official word on whether or not it's a bug.

charlie9797 #12 Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5703 battles

View PostCampagnolo, on 14 August 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

Are you talking about the spot with the wooden wall? I have yet to have someone provide a screenshot of a tank up there demonstrating the location.

From what it sounds like, it's part of the game, not really a bug. It may just be a very advantageous spot that provides an excellent hull-down position. As long as they're not shooting through walls or anything.

If you guys can provide the screenshot, I can try and get official word on whether or not it's a bug.

Ok, I'll get one next time, but I think it's a bug cause I seen a heavy tank climbing up once and the place was very, very steep

Tier Xs - E100

wow

Str8UpJack #13 Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15135 battles
  • [III-P]
I think you're referring to a spot demonstrated by concep during a yolo Monday.  Check out his channel and you can see video of it.  The red line goes all the way up there so it's technically in bounds.  I have never seem anyone up there so I can't say whether you can or can't be shot up there.

Mobcrush.com/Str8UpJack / Founding Member of Triarii iii 

DeadlyAsians #14 Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:36 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 703 battles

View PostCampagnolo, on 14 August 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

I'm going 2 be honest with you, I have yet 2 see a good player take that spot, most of them have no clue with what they are doing. + There is enough cover (In the town at least) to easily avoid fire.

Augustus_Sohn #15 Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:10 PM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 13358 battles
  • [III-H]
I had two tanks up there yesterday on the Mine map. It appears to be in bounds, but people were shooting at them. Maybe I'm thinking of a different spot. I certainly couldn't get up to the tank that was up there in my Jpanther, but we did finally coax it down for the kill.

WHO NEEDS ARTY WHEN YOU’VE GOT RNG TO MAGICALLY SCREW YOU?

Lephturn #16 Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

It's not hard to get up there. It's also not hard to shoot any tank that IS up there. There is no cover. I've gone up there before to check it out, but I usually stay down at the base of the crane and use it for cover. A smart enemy can easily position to kill you. One shooting from near their spawn and one from across the other side of the map and you have no place to hide. If you are up high near the red line there is no cover.

I am going up there again when I can... I want the chance to jump my tank off of the wall and try to get a crush kill.

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

rheifb #17 Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:15 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14341 battles

View Postcharlie9797, on 14 August 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

Ok, I'll get one next time, but I think it's a bug cause I seen a heavy tank climbing up once and the place was very, very steep

No dude it is just an advantageous spot not a bug you just have to get some speed going to get  there and its very hard getting up there with enemy's shooting at u while going up. And there is a lot of ways to shoot a guy that is camping up there. Please dont remove the spot i sometimes go up there.

that one guy who explains everything in gifs

proud to be Italian. Questo è ITALIA!!

Mah tanks: is7, su100y, jagdpanzer e100, t2 light, m4a3e8 fury, valentine II, t82, su85I, T34, jag 8.8, centurion 1,

E75, pz b2, jagtiger, t44, t-54, SU 152-derp, E100, tog II*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users