What's up with that module target skin mod?

Mods hack cheating

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
331 replies to this topic

NICKEL_AND_DIME #121 Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:17 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 57168 battles
  • [III]

I can't say I have seen more or less incidents of module damage in my vehicle, I just accept that they happen.  I do know Tier X is difficult to win, but I cannot say that is due to target skins or my lack of platooning or just bad game play.  The fact that Tier X isn't enjoyable could be in part because of hit skins, but this is only speculation. 

I can say that if WG is giving some endorsement to this activity, even only temporarily, I have lost some degree of confidence in them.  In effect, WG have made the choice that the educational benefit of (what has been claimed as not even 100) YouTube channel subscribers is of greater value than the in-game experience of players already implementing the game.  Bad call, in my opinion. 

Respect is earned.  Using the hit skins doesn't earn respect, even if claimed for 'educational purposes'.  Get all the YouTube channel subscribers you want, it can't change the reality that people no longer view you with the respect they once did.  And you're bringing down the perception of WG along with you. 

Edited by NICKEL_AND_DIME, 10 September 2015 - 01:54 PM.

ahredstealth #122 Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:29 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postgogo_gadget_arms, on 09 September 2015 - 04:01 PM, said:

Nobody said that.  You're twisting someone's words to create a straw-man.

A unicum-level player is going to be a unicum-level player with or without the module skins.  In fact, I would go so far as to say if someone has four years of PC experience and they are a unicum-level player in Blitz, you could even disadvantage them by somehow taking away their built-in red pen skins and they would still be a unicum-level player.

But at the margin, all these things make a difference, maybe a couple games out of 100.

Actually someone said exactly that.  even 37%.

Look SEVEN posts up from yours.

I'm not creating a straw man argument.  I simply stating the same things that I have since this thread started.

A) I don't believe it is wide spread enough to be effecting everyone in game.  Why?  Because even people on the forum are in the minority, and we give a hoot about the game.  Now you want people to give a hoot about the forum, run a rooted device, and be able to download and install the hit skin mod.  I just don't see that happening from a game where the majority of the playing populace is 48%~ers.  A fair amount more of my matches are determined by AFKs and people flanking swamp.

B) I don't think this mod will take someone from a white to a purple.  I just don't.  There are far too many other factors that will get you reckt then just know where to shoot a driver...  Not to mention, as someone else said, many of the weak spots are typical for a line.  I know to shoot american tanks in the back with HE because they start on fire.  I don't need a mod to paint a flame on the back of every american tank.

Either way, I'm done here.  The only people left are the ones that are going to be frothing at the mouth.  I do think it's a cheat.  A small edge that someone can have in battle.  I think it should be on Wargaming to come out and say it's wrong.  It's for the players to bring to their attention, and discus it, but them to make the verdict.  If they can't find a way to detect and shut it off, another option would be to simply put it in the game for everyone to use until they figure something out.  But either way, I think they should say something.  Not the torch and pitchfork brigade.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

M00niac #123 Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:53 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 46099 battles

The third time your driver dies is no fun. This will end this game.

WG needs to figure out enforcement or mitigation as soon as possible. I never experienced the amount of double or triple module failure as I have recently, and looking at the profiles of the players doing it has become telling.

why does anyone even take the time to program that sort of thing?

MSixteen #124 Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:42 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18667 battles

View PostViper8757NC, on 09 September 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

Then why do you use it?

Really calls into question the practices of so-called ‘unicums,’ doesn’t it?

ps.  I just watched your T-54 video on YouTube (you’re welcome).  You used the hit skin to target and one-shot a Jagdpanther.  GIVE.ME.A.BREAK.

first of all: i had over a 70% WR before i even heard of the mod. second i didn't use the hitskin mod when shooting at the Jpanther. I shot center mass because i had all HEAT loaded.

second of all: I put TWO shots in the Jpanther. when i DID adjust my shot, i adjusted to center mass because i was able to aim, and you can tell that by where i aimed.

third: i had the mod installed when i record so people watching my videos can see where the modules/crew are.

fourth: maybe you can try actually watching the video before you make an accusation that makes you look like a fool.

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

MSixteen #125 Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:44 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18667 battles

View PostM00niac, on 10 September 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

The third time your driver dies is no fun. This will end this game.

WG needs to figure out enforcement or mitigation as soon as possible. I never experienced the amount of double or triple module failure as I have recently, and looking at the profiles of the players doing it has become telling.

why does anyone even take the time to program that sort of thing?

how tinfoil hat of you.

if you're driving tanks like the IS-7/IS-4/E100/Maus you'll get dead drivers/engines all the time because the crew/modules are located where the weak spots of the tanks are. pretty much every german tank has the transmission (engine damage) in the front lower plate. many tanks have fuel tanks in the front.

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

BR1XT0N #126 Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11164 battles
  • [CMPNY]

View Postbomotobo, on 09 September 2015 - 02:00 PM, said:

Mods should be BANNED.  And Rules should be enforced.  My opinion.  A level playing field seems the best reason.  This sums it up...

By the way BR1XT0N, does the Abrams ballistic fire-control computer use hit-skins?

Ha, no it does not. Wouldn't help much anyway though because we're trained to aim center of visible mass every time, and because there's no armor on this earth that's going to stop a 22lbs, 31in long depleted uranium penetrator traveling at 5,100 ft/sec. ;) 

"Come and take your medicine."

Recruiting: HERE Stats: BR1XT0N Tank Videos: HERE

Proud Member of the

//©// COMPANY \\©\\

tlouie #127 Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9642 battles
  • [TAT]

View PostBR1XT0N, on 10 September 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

Ha, no it does not. Wouldn't help much anyway though because we're trained to aim center of visible mass every time, and because there's no armor on this earth that's going to stop a 22lbs, 31in long depleted uranium penetrator traveling at 5,100 ft/sec. ;) 

Not till they start building depleted uranium Death Stars.  :)

gogo_gadget_arms #128 Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:20 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 34610 battles
  • [SRT-]

ahredstealth, it's kind of amusing that you're going out of your way to disagree with me on a minor point, when you seem like a reasonable person and we seem to be in substantive agreement on the major points here.

The statement by someone else saying "Youre [sic] as much of a loser as a 37% potato." clearly was not intended to mean one's WR would go down by about half in the absence of this mod.

Anyway, let's reiterate that this does not make a MAJOR difference, but it makes a MINOR difference, and that's enough for it to be banned.

With regard to the torch and pitchfork brigade, if you mean that people should stop focusing on one person, I agree, because there's more than one person using these module skins. I believe that I haven't singled out any names in any of my posts in this thread.

Poutnik_ #129 Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 23813 battles
  • [III-R]

Cheating is cheating, even if used for educational purposes. You cannot be only little bit pregnant. 

By the way, it was this discussion that led me to view a YouTube to see what is going on. So there is one extra viewer. 

But I do not see much benefit to WG if new potential player is told about this game by a friend as follows:

"There is this awsome game, but unless you jailbreak you device you will be in permanent disadvantage. So do not bother."

pgrass101 #130 Posted 10 September 2015 - 07:59 PM

YOLO King

• Players
  • 42032 battles
  • [III-Z]
I think that WG needs to come out with an official stance on this, it is an unfair advantage

ahredstealth #131 Posted 10 September 2015 - 08:14 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postgogo_gadget_arms, on 10 September 2015 - 11:20 AM, said:

ahredstealth, it's kind of amusing that you're going out of your way to disagree with me on a minor point, when you seem like a reasonable person and we seem to be in substantive agreement on the major points here.

The statement by someone else saying "Youre [sic] as much of a loser as a 37% potato." clearly was not intended to mean one's WR would go down by about half in the absence of this mod.

Anyway, let's reiterate that this does not make a MAJOR difference, but it makes a MINOR difference, and that's enough for it to be banned.

With regard to the torch and pitchfork brigade, if you mean that people should stop focusing on one person, I agree, because there's more than one person using these module skins. I believe that I haven't singled out any names in any of my posts in this thread.

I'm completely and utterly irrational man.  I've got crazy eyes, you just can't see them.

Don't feel the whole post was pointed at you.  Just the first part, which was more because it amused me that someone said 37% exactly a few posts up, not so much because I wanted to sling hate your way.  It made me chuckle.  I think I may have even started the 37% thing on one of the beginning pages, which would cause it to be stuck in people's minds, too.

Also, since posting that, I've been talking to some of my peeps (that's slang for people in case you didn't know.  I just found that out, so I'm going to use it now that it dates me as an old person.) and they reminded me that in a short while Apple will be coming out with that new anti-jail break thingy...  which perhaps is why Wargaming is just shrugging their shoulders at this...  If you update, you won't be able to use hit skins.

I have no idea what that means for Android, but I would assume we will still be able to do it. (I actually checked my instruction manual for my phone last night and how to root your device was in chapter 14... Right after how to change your battery.)  Fortunately, according to everyone who games on the forums using an apple device, the player base didn't take a giant swing towards noob town until the game was released in the play store.

I think that means that everyone using Android is to terribad to benefit from hit skins anyway, so again the problem will be solved by getting rid of Apple being able to Root.

The sun will come out tomorrow.

Edited by ahredstealth, 10 September 2015 - 08:16 PM.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

LE_gend_VI #132 Posted 10 September 2015 - 08:24 PM

The man, the myth

• Players
  • 20816 battles

I think I said this here or another post. Placement of modules is every common forumers knowledge. Armor inspector etc help as well. If it's a weak spot exposed ie. Is3 ammo rack I hit it hoping to do the deal. If not racked but it's still a weak spot I hit it again and again until boom. You don't try fires on German tanks or is? I do I don't have module skins and don't need them it's my common knowledge of the game. 

Msixteens using it in his vids for teaching the mass of youtube viewers then great. We cry about teams and scrubs in game he's trying to educate instead of complain about what someone else is doing. 

And again android users are noobs? I'm on android look me up on worbstars. Am I really a scrub that don't know what I'm doing

Edited by LE_gend_VI, 10 September 2015 - 08:26 PM.

MSixteen #133 Posted 10 September 2015 - 08:27 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18667 battles

View PostLE_gend_VI, on 10 September 2015 - 02:24 PM, said:

I think I said this here or another post. Placement of modules is every common forumers knowledge. Armor inspector etc help as well. If it's a weak spot exposed ie. Is3 ammo rack I hit it hoping to do the deal. If not racked but it's still a weak spot I hit it again and again until boom. You don't try fires on German tanks or is? I do I don't have module skins and don't need them it's my common knowledge of the game. 

Msixteens using it in his vids for teaching the mass of youtube viewers then great. We cry about teams and scrubs in game he's trying to educate instead of complain about what someone else is doing. 

And again android users are noobs? I'm on android look me up on worbstars. Am I really a scrub that don't know what I'm doing

thank you for thinking beyond the fact that I had something you didn't, and actually understanding why I had them

NICKEL_AND_DIME #134 Posted 10 September 2015 - 08:47 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 57168 battles
  • [III]
Soooo, cheating is okay if it is for educational purposes?

LE_gend_VI #135 Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:25 PM

The man, the myth

• Players
  • 20816 battles

If you don't know where they are sorry! It should be known where and how to damage them already. Do you perma track tanks? Set fires kill drivers........ oh better yet track tds and pin them. That's cheating you damaged a module so you could win. 

Skin or not alot of us don't need them but for a pub to watch a vid and see hey I can do this and this is why I do it then........ maybe we have some competition we all beg for around here. 

MSixteen #136 Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:35 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18667 battles

View PostLE_gend_VI, on 10 September 2015 - 04:25 PM, said:

If you don't know where they are sorry! It should be known where and how to damage them already. Do you perma track tanks? Set fires kill drivers........ oh better yet track tds and pin them. That's cheating you damaged a module so you could win. 

Skin or not alot of us don't need them but for a pub to watch a vid and see hey I can do this and this is why I do it then........ maybe we have some competition we all beg for around here. 

+1 because you're on board with teaching the noobs

NICKEL_AND_DIME #137 Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:19 AM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 57168 battles
  • [III]

I see.  So as long as someone makes informational YouTube videos, they can use the hit skins and silence any criticism by saying it is all for the betterment of the game playing community, to make better players.  I never realized it was a public service being offered. Guess I should have sincere gratitude for the selfless task those who use the skins have taken upon their shoulders in effort to train the uninformed noobs. 

But more likely the lesson those noobs will learn, is that there are ways to get an unfair advantage in the game by using such mods.  But everything is apparently permissible if done altruistically for the good of the gaming community, because we all want better players in the game. Somehow, you're trying to tell me that makes it all okay, that players are basically too stupid to learn the finer aspects of the game without a crutch?

Poutnik_ #138 Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:00 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 23813 battles
  • [III-R]
On way to teach location of module is to mark it on the video after the fact with an arrow and mention something about where you aimed and why. 

MSixteen #139 Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:10 AM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18667 battles

View PostPoutnik_, on 10 September 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

On way to teach location of module is to mark it on the video after the fact with an arrow and mention something about where you aimed and why. 

i edit my videos with iMovie on my phone. i haven't got the slightest clue about how to do that.

MSixteen #140 Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:12 AM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18667 battles

View PostNICKEL_AND_DIME, on 10 September 2015 - 07:19 PM, said:

I see.  So as long as someone makes informational YouTube videos, they can use the hit skins and silence any criticism by saying it is all for the betterment of the game playing community, to make better players.  I never realized it was a public service being offered. Guess I should have sincere gratitude for the selfless task those who use the skins have taken upon their shoulders in effort to train the uninformed noobs. 

But more likely the lesson those noobs will learn, is that there are ways to get an unfair advantage in the game by using such mods.  But everything is apparently permissible if done altruistically for the good of the gaming community, because we all want better players in the game. Somehow, you're trying to tell me that makes it all okay, that players are basically too stupid to learn the finer aspects of the game without a crutch?

the mod is installed when i'm recording because it shows them where they are so they don't have to go and download armor inspector or look it up on google.

and if you're asking me if i think many of the people that play wotb are stupid, i will tell you yes.

Also tagged with Mods, hack, cheating

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users