What's up with that module target skin mod?

Mods hack cheating

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
331 replies to this topic

someguyfromPitt #141 Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:21 AM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 49550 battles
  • [III]

So i had such a pain in the butt with 2 updates so far, i dont mod my game files. 

Im happy to stream George Thurgood while playing blitz with TS on a seperate device. 

Play the game how you want. Dont record games with anything other than Blitz in a non-edited format. Its the way most players see the game and its better for most players to replicate gameplay.  

I support use of camo mods until i can pay war gaming for camo (wink wink) but ive never installed any mods.  

Tier 10's: FV 183, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57, M48, IS-4, IS-7, T-62a, Obj 140, Grille, BätChät 

There is only one TD and 183 is her name. 

I drive Joseph Stallon (IS) tanks for the win.

Tuberculosis_Victim #142 Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:04 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6562 battles
  • [_TT_]
In my opinion, it's cheating and should be banned. It provides an unfair advantage not accessible to everyone. No matter how small or large the advantage provided, or how you think you use it, or what your prior knowledge or skill level is, it's still unfair and it seriously makes me question whether I want to continue playing a game that allows this kind of thing. I will be submitting a ticket. Hopefully WG will get in gear and do something soon, because personally, I feel it does take something away from my enjoyment of the game. I'm clearly not the only one who feels this way. I'm not saying I'm on the verge of quitting or anything like that, but if they turn a blind eye and allow it to continue or even grow, that may be what causes me to find something else to spend my time and money on. That's just how I feel about it.

NICKEL_AND_DIME #143 Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:38 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 53331 battles
  • [III]

I view it in similar perspective to professional athletes using steroids.  Once the word is out that they use them, their accomplishments are forever tainted. 

Do we hear about such athletes trying to justify their actions by saying it was done to make the other players learn and perform better?  No, we don't. 

MSixteen #144 Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:45 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18582 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostNICKEL_AND_DIME, on 11 September 2015 - 06:38 AM, said:

I view it in similar perspective to professional athletes using steroids.  Once the word is out that they use them, their accomplishments are forever tainted. 

Do we hear about such athletes trying to justify their actions by saying it was done to make the other players learn and perform better?  No, we don't. 

that has got to be one of the most off base analogies i've ever heard. you're just pulling random crap out of where the sun don't shine now. 

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

Viper8757NC #145 Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24832 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostMSixteen, on 11 September 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

that has got to be one of the most off base analogies i've ever heard. you're just pulling random crap out of where the sun don't shine now. 

Nickel's analogy is spot on.  

MSixteen #146 Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:58 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18582 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostViper8757NC, on 11 September 2015 - 06:56 AM, said:

Nickel's analogy is spot on.  

then you're just as delusional as he is.

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

NICKEL_AND_DIME #147 Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:18 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 53331 battles
  • [III]

View PostMSixteen, on 11 September 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

It's just my opinion, and opinions are like those places where the sun don't shine (as everyone has one). 

Up until a few days ago, I genuinely respected your accomplishments and your reputation.  You are a great player - nobody can argue against that - but I don't have the same respect for what you have achieved anymore, since we know you have used the hit skins.  When you began attempting to justify continued use of the skins, you lost even more credibility with more people than just myself.  You claim to be using the cheat skins in effort to educate the noobs, which you also referred to as 'stupid'.  Are you really trying to help them, or are you primarily using them as justification to gain permission to help yourself here?  Who stands to benefit the most?  I don't think it is the video viewers, but again - this is just my opinion.  Saying you run the skins but don't aim based on them seems suspicious and I am not the only one who is skeptical to believe you aren't using them for more than just the videos. 

You had my respect.  Your actions and subsequent attitude changed that.  I do not expect you to care, and I think it is quite obvious you will not be making any changes unless WG enforces their rules. 

Viper8757NC #148 Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24832 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostMSixteen, on 11 September 2015 - 12:58 PM, said:

then you're just as delusional as he is.

Says the guy that uses hit skin mods.  LOL.  Classic.

Make sure an asterisk *  is added to those stats.

Viper8757NC #149 Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24832 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostNICKEL_AND_DIME, on 11 September 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

It's just my opinion, and opinions are like those places where the sun don't shine (as everyone has one). 

Up until a few days ago, I genuinely respected your accomplishments and your reputation.  You are a great player - nobody can argue against that - but I don't have the same respect for what you have achieved anymore, since we know you have used the hit skins.  When you began attempting to justify continued use of the skins, you lost even more credibility with more people than just myself.  You claim to be using the cheat skins in effort to educate the noobs, which you also referred to as 'stupid'.  Are you really trying to help them, or are you primarily using them as justification to gain permission to help yourself here?  Who stands to benefit the most?  I don't think it is the video viewers, but again - this is just my opinion.  Saying you run the skins but don't aim based on them seems suspicious and I am not the only one who is skeptical to believe you aren't using them for more than just the videos. 

You had my respect.  Your actions and subsequent attitude changed that.  I do not expect you to care, and I think it is quite obvious you will not be making any changes unless WG enforces their rules. 

I think this is what he was trying to communicate when justifying hit skins:

NICKEL_AND_DIME #150 Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:20 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 53331 battles
  • [III]

MSixteen: In two months you have made 15 Blitz videos.  You have just under 100 subscribers.  The current total for views for all of your videos amounts to just over 3000. 

Also, your newest videos are not with the hit skins, so maybe you have stopped using them?  It's a little confusing, since you say you use them for educational purposes, yet your newest videos do not feature them.  Is there a reason for not using them in your newest videos? 

So the question to the community is this: do the above numbers justify the usage of hit skins?  At what level is it considered OK to use them?  Bushka stopped using them and he has over 2500 subscribers. 

dudermcgruder #151 Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 38605 battles
  • [III-X]
In my opinion it's cheating. But if people use it I wont stop playing the game - unless it becomes so prevalent that the game becomes unfun because of it.

ahredstealth #152 Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:56 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostNICKEL_AND_DIME, on 11 September 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

Also, your newest videos are not with the hit skins, so maybe you have stopped using them?  It's a little confusing, since you say you use them for educational purposes, yet your newest videos do not feature them.  Is there a reason for not using them in your newest videos? 

He stated when he posted the newest videos here on the forums that he stopped using the hit skins because of the giant "OMG!!!!!111!"  it was causing.  The video I remember him posting was squarely in the middle (EDIT)of the timeline of this thread.

I would also like to point out that I ran into him in battle last night and while he did kill my tank, my driver survived right up until the end.  Obviously that means he is no longer using hit skins.

Edited by ahredstealth, 11 September 2015 - 03:56 PM.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

Zip_Zip #153 Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 43212 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Adding my voice and opinion as someone who has spent money on the game and plays many games daily.

-Hit skins do impart and unfair advantage to all players who use them.

-The advantage is not large for skilled players however...it is still an advantage.

-Skilled players should take the lead and set the example here. As was said before in this thread just because you can do something does not mean that you should.

-MSixteen has a valid argument about wanting to show modules to his viewer base however I would suggest he instead performs a screen cap from armour inspector and insert the still into his video as it is easy to do via imovie's mobile version. I'm happy to help anyone anytime if they have video editing questions.

-WG NEEDS to voice on this issue ASAP

my .02 added

Always remember, wherever you go, there you are...

164 tanks mastered // Have tanks, will battle // Click here for my youtube channel 

Corn_Pop #154 Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:52 PM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 17079 battles
  • [SCSC]

So, pretty much whomever uses TS3 or any other form of comm system is a cheater.

That is not supplied by WG. Not everyone has. And most certainly is a huge unfair advantage.

So every Clan on here cheats, by your definition. WG should ban TS3, all Mods, and Ban anyone who as ever posted about using TS3.

Should be permabans. Kick everyone, right?

MSixteen #155 Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:11 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18582 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostNICKEL_AND_DIME, on 11 September 2015 - 07:18 AM, said:

Up until a few days ago, I genuinely respected your accomplishments and your reputation.  You are a great player - nobody can argue against that - but I don't have the same respect for what you have achieved anymore, since we know you have used the hit skins(they were installed for a grand total of TWO weeks)When you began attempting to justify continued use of the skins, you lost even more credibility with more people than just myself (I know why i installed them. in my first video with them i admitted they were a little shady, and i could see how people can abuse them. i also stated multiple times how it does not affect how i play)You claim to be using the cheat skins in effort to educate the noobs(i am), which you also referred to as 'stupid' (many people are. not all noobs are stupid, and i never said that. i said i believe many people playing this game are stupid)Are you really trying to help them, or are you primarily using them as justification to gain permission to help yourself here?  Who stands to benefit the most? (Yes, I am really trying to help them. justification? i don't have to justify my actions to any forum goer or anybody. only ME MYSELF AND I know why i downloaded the hitskins, and for you naysayers to sit there and tell me that i didn't in fact do it for the reason i gave is ludicrous, because you have no reason to not believe me. who stands to benefit the most? the people watching my videos so they can learn more. knowing the location of modules comes naturally with years of WoT playing under my belt.)  I don't think it is the video viewers, but again - this is just my opinion.  Saying you run the skins but don't aim based on them seems suspicious and I am not the only one who is skeptical to believe you aren't using them for more than just the videos. (watch my videos. i snap shot the majority of the time anyways and don't give myself time to aim. the only time it could be argued that it even LOOKS like i used the hitskin was when i adjusted my aim to hit center mass on a JPanther. which is COMMON SENSE if you're firing HEAT from a T-54...) 

You had my respect.  Your actions and subsequent attitude changed that. (well isn't that dandy)  I do not expect you to care, and I think it is quite obvious you will not be making any changes unless WG enforces their rules. (in the grand scheme of things, you're just a person voicing an opinion that is practically calling for my head. do i CARE i lost youre respect? a little. i care more about the fact that you and others are so tunnel visioned on the fact that i had a mod installed for 2 weeks that i couldn't possibly be as good of a player that i am because of something i used to help others. will i change unless WG no longer GIVES ME A GO-AHEAD? no. i will continue to help the people watching my videos in any way that i can until i find one that is better, or until i no longer have WG's blessing to do so)

View PostNICKEL_AND_DIME, on 11 September 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

MSixteen: In two months you have made 15 Blitz videos.  You have just under 100 subscribers.  The current total for views for all of your videos amounts to just over 3000. (i don't understand why you posted the stats of my YT channel, but i have just OVER 2,900 views. if you round that up, then yeah... 3000)

Also, your newest videos are not with the hit skins, so maybe you have stopped using them?  It's a little confusing, since you say you use them for educational purposes, yet your newest videos do not feature them.  Is there a reason for not using them in your newest videos? (i haven't taken the time to redownload them because 1.) don't know if they'll work in the new patch 2.) i'm trying to get short and sweet videos out, because i am in college and i have better things to do with my time like study 3.) the fact that i have people 'calling for my head' DOES get to me. i don't like it, but it doesn't mean that my intentions are wrong.)

So the question to the community is this: do the above numbers justify the usage of hit skins?  At what level is it considered OK to use them?  Bushka stopped using them and he has over 2500 subscribers. (you guys, or rather the few that are adamantly against me, are more focused on the fact that i'm a super-unicum that has a mod installed that would give an advantage to an average, or slightly above average player so i must automatically not actually be good at WoTB because i had something installed for 2 weeks when i've been playing since the game got released on iOS. at what level is it considered OK to use them? the level where i use them to help others, which i am. Bushka stopped using them and has 25x the amount of subscribers that I have. If he feels that using them would give too many people the wrong idea about WHY he was using them, then that's on him. i currently have 98 subscribers until I feel that i am giving too many people the wrong idea is when i will stop using them, or until Alo no longer gives me the green light.

View Postahredstealth, on 11 September 2015 - 09:56 AM, said:

He stated when he posted the newest videos here on the forums that he stopped using the hit skins because of the giant "OMG!!!!!111!"  it was causing.  The video I remember him posting was squarely in the middle (EDIT)of the timeline of this thread.

I would also like to point out that I ran into him in battle last night and while he did kill my tank, my driver survived right up until the end.  Obviously that means he is no longer using hit skins.

the driver of the T-34-85 isn't hard to see. there's a driver's hatch in the front of the hull. i was more concerned about hitting you center mass like i ALWAYS aim if i know i can pen because i stood a great chance of killing you. but you are correct, i have not reinstalled the mods yet because i simply have not taken the time to do so.

View PostZip_Zip, on 11 September 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

Adding my voice and opinion as someone who has spent money on the game and plays many games daily.

-Hit skins do impart and unfair advantage to all players who use them.

-The advantage is not large for skilled players however...it is still an advantage.

-Skilled players should take the lead and set the example here. As was said before in this thread just because you can do something does not mean that you should.

-MSixteen has a valid argument about wanting to show modules to his viewer base however I would suggest he instead performs a screen cap from armour inspector and insert the still into his video as it is easy to do via imovie's mobile version. I'm happy to help anyone anytime if they have video editing questions.

-WG NEEDS to voice on this issue ASAP

my .02 added

1/2.) True

3.) It gives my viewers an extra thing to learn from, so i will continue to use them (once i actually reinstall them) to help my viewers

4.) thank you/ i admit i'm not the best video editor out there, and help would be very much appreciated, but my phone does not have a lot of space on it at all because i only have a 16G phone. a lot of the times to make my videos i actually have to delete WoT to create the space, and redownload it afterwards. every MB counts.

5.) i'm actually surprised that the mods haven't said anything on this thread or locked it down completely because of the blatant attacks on myself. i guess it's because i 1.) copy/pasted a conversation i had with Alo in which he gave me the go-ahead and 2.) i haven't reported any of the rude comments made by people like Viper.

BootlegTampico #156 Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:27 PM

"LGoW" --Random Pub

• Players
  • 22549 battles

I think it's a unfair that I have to use an iPad 2, while others obtain an advantage by possessing a superior device, that not everyone can obtain. 

That's a faulty argument. We all possess different devices, and all of them have the ability to get this mod, but we can choose not to, just as we can choose not to upgrade. Jailbreak is still available. 

Clan War Discord Server youtube Join the Legion

I would love for Wargaming to succeed, and I will push for success until I'm gone or Blitz is. 

NICKEL_AND_DIME #157 Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:34 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 53331 battles
  • [III]

View PostRocket_NA, on 11 September 2015 - 11:52 AM, said:

So, pretty much whomever uses TS3 or any other form of comm system is a cheater.

That is not supplied by WG. Not everyone has. And most certainly is a huge unfair advantage.

So every Clan on here cheats, by your definition. WG should ban TS3, all Mods, and Ban anyone who as ever posted about using TS3.

TS does not modify the game files.  TS works the same way two people in the same room can platoon and communicate verbally.  Communication is not forbidden except when it comes to issues of profanity, threats, disclosing locations of friendly team members to the enemy, to name a few examples. 

It's not the same as something that alters the software with "aim here" markings.  TS doesn't interact with, or alter the display of Blitz software. 

But it is a good topic of discussion.  Communication does give an advantage, but I am not aware of an outcry against except from those who want to detour attention away from this topic of discussion.  I think there are more complaints about APCR than complaints about communication. 

MSixteen: It is not my intention to make any direct attack on anyone, nor to have anyone's account shut down.  It is the decision of using the skins, and subsequently justifying their use, that I am being critical of here.  I have tried to comment on your actions and decisions, but I must offer my apologies as there is a fine line between criticizing actions and criticizing the person behind the actions - and it appears as though we have both crossed that line in this thread.  I understand that you will continue to use the skins, and I will agree to disagree with you on your decision to do so. 

Corn_Pop #158 Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:39 PM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 17079 battles
  • [SCSC]

View PostNICKEL_AND_DIME, on 11 September 2015 - 11:34 AM, said:

TS does not modify the game files.  TS works the same way two people in the same room can platoon and communicate verbally.  Communication is not forbidden except when it comes to issues of profanity, threats, disclosing locations of friendly team members to the enemy, to name a few examples. 

It's not the same as something that alters the software with "aim here" markings.  TS doesn't interact with, or alter the display of Blitz software. 

But it is a good topic of discussion.  Communication does give an advantage, but I am not aware of an outcry against except from those who want to detour attention away from this topic of discussion.  I think there are more complaints about APCR than complaints about communication. 

MSixteen: It is not my intention to make any direct attack on anyone, nor to have anyone's account shut down.  It is the decision of using the skins, and subsequently justifying their use, that I am being critical of here.  I have tried to comment on your actions and decisions, but I must offer my apologies as there is a fine line between criticizing actions and criticizing the person behind the actions - and it appears as though we have

Direct communication real time is definitely a advantage. Co ordinating attacks and directly affecting the match outcome is a huge advantage. The outcry is a standard issue attack on a Kreig member. Same as always. Same faces, same game. Can't beat him ingame so they have to resort to same old rhetoric. 

Feel free to go eat a sandwich, though. 

Edited by Rocket_NA, 11 September 2015 - 05:44 PM.

dudermcgruder #159 Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 38605 battles
  • [III-X]

View PostRocket_NA, on 11 September 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

MSixteen #160 Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:09 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18582 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostNICKEL_AND_DIME, on 11 September 2015 - 11:34 AM, said:

MSixteen: It is not my intention to make any direct attack on anyone, nor to have anyone's account shut down.  It is the decision of using the skins, and subsequently justifying their use, that I am being critical of here.  I have tried to comment on your actions and decisions, but I must offer my apologies as there is a fine line between criticizing actions and criticizing the person behind the actions - and it appears as though we have both crossed that line in this thread.  I understand that you will continue to use the skins, and I will agree to disagree with you on your decision to do so. 

you more or less kept a calm head about yourself during our argument. the person i was referring to when i said personal attacks was Viper. because he's not above starting personal attacks on people, apparently, and i did stoop down to his level. I am sorry if it splashed on to you when i lashed back.

Also tagged with Mods, hack, cheating

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users