Jump to content


What's up with that module target skin mod?

Mods hack cheating

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
331 replies to this topic

Corn_Pop #201 Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:06 PM

    I Blame Rocket

  • Players
  • 17079 battles
  • 3,794
  • [SCSC]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

View PostMSixteen, on 11 September 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

The thing is with this there is literally NO way for me to prove what I'm saying is the truth besides when I actually say it's the truth. I can't SHOW you what my game looks like when I'm not recording, and if I showed a screenshot with no mods, I'd be accused of uninstalling the mods then taking the screenshot.

Hey M, 

Pointless to continue. The fact that you have gone out of your way to make videos to help others is enough. You have created equity by doing that. Regardless of what these people think, its speculation. The percentage of players that use it has to be a very tiny. 

My advice is to continue your Videos, use the Mods as you see fit. Until WG says its not allowed, why bother even addressing this. If you post a video and they continue non-constructive posts, report them. Non-Constructive posts are a EULA violation.



_TheBull_ #202 Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:09 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14784 battles
  • 429
  • Member since:
    04-05-2015

View PostRocket_NA, on 11 September 2015 - 10:06 PM, said:

Hey M, 

Pointless to continue. The fact that you have gone out of your way to make videos to help others is enough. You have created equity by doing that. Regardless of what these people think, its speculation. The percentage of players that use it has to be a very tiny. 

My advice is to continue your Videos, use the Mods as you see fit. Until WG says its not allowed, why bother even addressing this. If you post a video and they continue non-constructive posts, report them. Non-Constructive posts are a EULA violation.

Uh oh.  I think I'm busted... Pretty sure I was 'non-constructive'.  No worries.  I'll report myself.



WriterDude #203 Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:13 PM

    My Posts Are Forum Prammo

  • Players
  • 23053 battles
  • 4,373
  • Member since:
    10-09-2014

View Postahredstealth, on 11 September 2015 - 02:54 PM, said:

 

I said at this time it's not cheating because that's what my response has been from an official Wargaming employee.  That means that in the future, it may be cheating... or it may be completely and 101% okay to do.

 

Right now we don't know.  So I'm not going to go around trumpeting out "CHEATER!" when I quite frankly don't know.  I'm also not going to do my own interpretation of the user agreement and staunchly defend it because I've got 1337 copy and paste skillz, YO!

 

But yes, right now I believe it is not "ban-able cheating."  If it was clear, cut, and dry, then that response would have been completely different.  That tells me there is some sort of grey area here.

 

I would also like to point out that it absolutely matters what employees say.  Especially when those employees are the contact on the Official forum for the game between the company and the players.  If you honestly feel that employees for a company can say whatever they want and it's all hunky-dory because it doesn't effect that company until they produce an "official statement" then we will just have to agree to disagree.  I can't imagine just spouting off random promises/statements in my company, especially to a customer, and not having that matter.

 

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree here. No, it is utterly irresponsible for a moderator to make a statement that could become policy, or could create a limitation on policy. However, I don't see that here. The response to you (like the response to M16) was "I don't have a response - we're figuring out what to say."

 

I see nothing in either moderator statement that offers a green light, saying something like "this is acceptable under the EULA." What I see is "we're working on how to respond to this." I think you're inventing an answer here, rather than just reading what they actually said.

 

View PostMSixteen, on 11 September 2015 - 02:56 PM, said:

The thing is with this there is literally NO way for me to prove what I'm saying is the truth besides when I actually say it's the truth. I can't SHOW you what my game looks like when I'm not recording, and if I showed a screenshot with no mods, I'd be accused of uninstalling the mods then taking the screenshot.

 

Did you read my example above? If you punch your sister, claiming there's a mosquito, you're going to have to deal with the reality of the punch if you don't show a dead mosquito. It's twice as hard to convince people that there was a mosquito if you have a history of punching your sister. You're exactly right - as I pointed out, it's very difficult to prove a negative, prove that you're NOT using mods. But this is what happens when you go into a grey area of the rules. 

 

Also, please don't misunderstand. I consider it a cheat to modify the game files. You modified the game files, so in my opinion, you cheated. And now that you've demonstrated that you know how to cheat, whether or not you're cheating now, it becomes a little more difficult for you to prove that you're not cheating. Also, by cheating, in my opinion you set a bad example for others. However, I've pointed out that it doesn't mean you *needed* the cheat, that it means you are fundamentally flawed and awful, or any such rubbish. 

 

So does this mean you're going to take action, and start encouraging WG to shut off in-game mods? If nobody could install in-game mods, that would be an excellent way to ensure that nobody cheats, right? And it would completely solve any possibility that you'll be accused of cheating, right? Right? Hello?


Worthy of focus fire by SPUDX.  Potato Cred Link

  

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude


tlouie #204 Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:14 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9642 battles
  • 5,665
  • [TAT]
  • Member since:
    04-07-2015

View PostWriterDude, on 11 September 2015 - 05:36 PM, said:

 

My support ticket was closed without comment. (It actually disappeared, and left my "Support" tab in game with a red number that I can't get rid of.) You got a response that essentially said "we're working on a response."

 

 

Here's the answer I got from Support when I asked for their stance on hitskin mods creating an unfair playfield:

 

Please know that you are not the first tanker that has brought the presence of in-game modifications to both the attention of us at Wargaming support and our developers.

We at support have been involved in discussions with our community team and our producers to set up some documentation that details what we would consider are illegal modifications for World of Tanks Blitz, and apologize that there is currently no rules that restrict the use of modifications such as the hit skin modification you've mentioned.

Please know that if and when a formal policy for in-game modifications is established, you will find all of this information in our forums and support knowledgebase center (https://na.wargaming...-of-tanks-blitz)and recommend that you stay tuned to these portals for any future announcements: 

Again, we know how frustrating the presence of modifications is very frustrating, but please know that we recognize your concerns and are trying to put our best foot forward in establishing a proper policy to combat modifications.

Until then we hope that you continue to enjoy the game for all of its positive aspects.
 



Corn_Pop #205 Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:23 PM

    I Blame Rocket

  • Players
  • 17079 battles
  • 3,794
  • [SCSC]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

View Post_TheBull_, on 11 September 2015 - 04:09 PM, said:

Uh oh.  I think I'm busted... Pretty sure I was 'non-constructive'.  No worries.  I'll report myself.

Gave you plus one on other post. 

But ..........Reported,  for use of "levity". (((



_TheBull_ #206 Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:40 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14784 battles
  • 429
  • Member since:
    04-05-2015

View PostRocket_NA, on 11 September 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

Gave you plus one on other post. 

But ..........Reported,  for use of "levity". (((

Dam.  Even levity is an EULA violation.

 

As a quick aside, I was going to paint the module locations on all my tanks just so everyone had an equal chance to kill my tank commander (I was going to draw lipstick and a scarf on him with a bullseye <no pun intended> on his head) but WG hasn't released the 'personalize your tank' Mod, yet.  Anyone know where I can get the jailbreak version?  This is actually a very elegant solution to a tense issue... We all just put the modules on out tanks voluntarily.  Sometimes you need to get out of the box, boys.



Corn_Pop #207 Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:52 PM

    I Blame Rocket

  • Players
  • 17079 battles
  • 3,794
  • [SCSC]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

View Post_TheBull_, on 11 September 2015 - 04:40 PM, said:

Dam.  Even levity is an EULA violation.

 

As a quick aside, I was going to paint the module locations on all my tanks just so everyone had an equal chance to kill my tank commander (I was going to draw lipstick and a scarf on him with a bullseye <no pun intended> on his head) but WG hasn't released the 'personalize your tank' Mod, yet.  Anyone know where I can get the jailbreak version?  This is actually a very elegant solution to a tense issue... We all just put the modules on out tanks voluntarily.  Sometimes you need to get out of the box, boys.

If you find that let me know. I tried to download Cydia and Hitskins, but didnt work. 

So I used crayons and drew Skins on my screen. It got really confusing. Plus crayon is harder to get off Ipad screen, more than I anticipated. But it did increase my WR by .00000012. I sent in a ticket to see if my Crayola Mod is against EULA Rules.

I have my fingers crossed waiting for the outcome. Can only hope.



ahredstealth #208 Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:20 PM

    King Tater

  • Players
  • 19022 battles
  • 8,705
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    01-25-2015

View Posttlouie, on 11 September 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

 

Here's the answer I got from Support when I asked for their stance on hitskin mods creating an unfair playfield:

 

Please know that you are not the first tanker that has brought the presence of in-game modifications to both the attention of us at Wargaming support and our developers.

We at support have been involved in discussions with our community team and our producers to set up some documentation that details what we would consider are illegal modifications for World of Tanks Blitz, and apologize that there is currently no rules that restrict the use of modifications such as the hit skin modification you've mentioned.

Please know that if and when a formal policy for in-game modifications is established, you will find all of this information in our forums and support knowledgebase center (https://na.wargaming...-of-tanks-blitz)and recommend that you stay tuned to these portals for any future announcements: 

Again, we know how frustrating the presence of modifications is very frustrating, but please know that we recognize your concerns and are trying to put our best foot forward in establishing a proper policy to combat modifications.

Until then we hope that you continue to enjoy the game for all of its positive aspects.
 

 

nail... Coffin... Closed...

 

Thanks for sharing.


Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

 

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...


mike82198 #209 Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:07 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39280 battles
  • 1,995
  • [CRATE]
  • Member since:
    11-04-2014
 

View Postahredstealth, on 11 September 2015 - 06:20 PM, said:

 

nail... Coffin... Closed...

 

Thanks for sharing.

 

You wish. That's not how it works around here. 
 

Edited by mike82198, 12 September 2015 - 12:08 AM.


ahredstealth #210 Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:33 AM

    King Tater

  • Players
  • 19022 battles
  • 8,705
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    01-25-2015

View Postmike82198, on 11 September 2015 - 06:07 PM, said:

 

 

You wish. That's not how it works around here. 
 

Everything is entitled to change at any time.  Just ask my wife.


Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

 

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...


Warlord49 #211 Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:42 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 59358 battles
  • 672
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

Modding the game is aEULA violation. Its time WG takes the stand and bans anyone using skins. Truth is its not hard to know where modules are if you know anything about tanks. 

Mods are cheating. Cheating is a violation . WG take care of your houses dirty laundry


   


WriterDude #212 Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:26 AM

    My Posts Are Forum Prammo

  • Players
  • 23053 battles
  • 4,373
  • Member since:
    10-09-2014

View Postahredstealth, on 11 September 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

 

nail... Coffin... Closed...

 

Thanks for sharing.

 

I took another look at my tickets, and here's the response I got (as of September 9). Any thoughts?

 

Message follows:

============

Hey WriterDude,

 

Thank you for contacting Wargaming America support, we want to apologize for the delay in responding back to you, as we're experiencing a large number of tickets.

 

We want to confirm that we at Wargaming are aware of these mods, and do not support them. 

 

Currently our teams are looking into these and we have no official response as of now.

 

You can head to our forums for more information on updates for the mods here: http://forum.wotblit...aign=wows-forum

 

We ask that if you ever see anyone promoting, or claiming they are using them, to please take a screenshot and contact us so we can investigate further.

 

Best Regards,

Wargaming America Support 

 


Worthy of focus fire by SPUDX.  Potato Cred Link

  

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude


tlouie #213 Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:33 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9642 battles
  • 5,665
  • [TAT]
  • Member since:
    04-07-2015
Sounds like the same non-answer I got:

"We have top men working on it right now".

Who?

"Top  men."


ahredstealth #214 Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:14 AM

    King Tater

  • Players
  • 19022 battles
  • 8,705
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    01-25-2015

View PostWriterDude, on 11 September 2015 - 07:26 PM, said:

 

I took another look at my tickets, and here's the response I got (as of September 9). Any thoughts?

 

 

My only slap stick response would be earlier you said the ticket was closed without a response, and now you have one that supports your point...  So if I call you a liar would that be an attack?

 

:P

 

I believe they will eventually be detected and users punished in some way.  I just wish wargaming would get there act together.


Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

 

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...


SieurPersil #215 Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:24 AM

    Knight of the Round Potato

  • Players
  • 25048 battles
  • 1,164
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    12-21-2014

View PostZip_Zip, on 11 September 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

Adding my voice and opinion as someone who has spent money on the game and plays many games daily.

 

-Hit skins do impart and unfair advantage to all players who use them.

-The advantage is not large for skilled players however...it is still an advantage.

-Skilled players should take the lead and set the example here. As was said before in this thread just because you can do something does not mean that you should.

-MSixteen has a valid argument about wanting to show modules to his viewer base however I would suggest he instead performs a screen cap from armour inspector and insert the still into his video as it is easy to do via imovie's mobile version. I'm happy to help anyone anytime if they have video editing questions.

-WG NEEDS to voice on this issue ASAP

 

my .02 added

 

 

  Love this answer !

 

 

My teenage nephew plays many games. But, for every game he plays, he goes on the net and gets some cheat codes to get thing like unlimited ammo, invisible to enemy, infinite crédits or health. He is so proud of his accomplishments too. Is he really playing the game ? On a one p^layer game, alone with himself, who cares. But, in a game with others, any cheat code, cheat skin, cheat whatever is an unfair advantage over others. How many tanks are there in blitz ? I have no clue which have front transmission, where the ammo rack usually is on a russian tank or whatever. Like most people, i enjoy the game, read on it to a certain extent but dont study all modules and stuff. If I had that skin mod would it make me a better player and help me maximize my shots ? You bet. Would this be fair to others ?


Volunteer Tater Ambassador - Potentate Relationship Manager - Inter Clan Camping Liaison Officer. Knight of the round potato. Information regarding the hamac or our adirondack chairs available. Quote of the moment : "Will focus fire on WriterDude for beer"


Asiaticus #216 Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:43 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16340 battles
  • 2,871
  • Member since:
    07-19-2014
The youth of today know nothing of honor. It is very discouraging.


WriterDude #217 Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:37 AM

    My Posts Are Forum Prammo

  • Players
  • 23053 battles
  • 4,373
  • Member since:
    10-09-2014

View Postahredstealth, on 11 September 2015 - 07:14 PM, said:

My only slap stick response would be earlier you said the ticket was closed without a response, and now you have one that supports your point...  So if I call you a liar would that be an attack?

 

If you called me a liar, you'd just be wrong. There's a difference.

 

Edited to add screenshot. :-)

 

Spoiler

 


Edited by WriterDude, 12 September 2015 - 05:45 AM.

Worthy of focus fire by SPUDX.  Potato Cred Link

  

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude


WriterDude #218 Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:38 AM

    My Posts Are Forum Prammo

  • Players
  • 23053 battles
  • 4,373
  • Member since:
    10-09-2014

View Posttlouie, on 11 September 2015 - 06:33 PM, said:

Sounds like the same non-answer I got:

"We have top men working on it right now".

Who?

"Top men."

 

+1 for the Raiders of the Lost Ark quote! LOL

Worthy of focus fire by SPUDX.  Potato Cred Link

  

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude


Rev_ianc_bell #219 Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:58 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 28908 battles
  • 3,644
  • [PRD]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2014
3.2    You may not reproduce, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or otherwise use the Software, except as expressly set forth herein.  Except and solely to the extent such a restriction is impermissible under applicable law, you may not (a) decompile, reverse engineer, or otherwise access or attempt to access the source code for the Software, or make or attempt to make any modification to the Software or any portion thereof; or (b) interfere with or circumvent any feature of the Software or the Service, including without limitation any security, or access control mechanism, or use any automated scripts, tools, “bots” or otherwise exploit the system for the purpose of altering the game play oreliminating, reducing, or otherwise circumventing fees that would otherwise be payable, or attempt to do any of the foregoing.  The term Software, as used herein, includes any update or modification to the Software made available to you by Wargaming (unless provided with separate terms).  If you are prohibited under applicable law from using the Software or the Service, you may not use them.

Commandant of Predator Corps [PRD] (formerly  [PDR-R])

Check out my youtube channel

My profile at wotbstars, wblitz.net  and blitzstars

PRD/PDR-R Website: http://www.predatorswotbclan.org or visit our recruitment thread or our discussion thread RED IN TOOTH AND CLAW 


BootlegTampico #220 Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:08 PM

    "LGoW" --Random Pub

  • Players
  • 22549 battles
  • 4,749
  • Member since:
    12-26-2014
The law doesn't matter if it isn't enforced.

Clan War Discord Server youtube Join the Legion

I would love for Wargaming to succeed, and I will push for success until I'm gone or Blitz is. 

 






Also tagged with Mods, hack, cheating

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users