What's up with that module target skin mod?

Mods hack cheating

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
331 replies to this topic

Player_39363936 #241 Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 69983 battles
  • [EWENS]
It obviously gives someone using them an unfair advantage.   I see them as already banned.

Corn_Pop #242 Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:27 PM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 17079 battles
  • [SCSC]

Boils Down Entire Thread To Its Uncut Form

Triari's View: iii= Good Guys,  Kreig & Assoc.= Bad Guys

Krieg's View: Triari= Bad Guys     Krieg: Good Guys

Diplomacy Fails. 

Clan Wars can't come soon enough.

The Dogs of War are barking.

WG give us Battle. 

Edited by Rocket_NA, 14 September 2015 - 10:28 PM.

reluctanttheist #243 Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:48 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 25904 battles
  • [III-H]
Ha!  No, it's that the Triarii lot are quite principled and eschew the grey whenever possible.  We wouldn't have cared whose clan it came from.  If it came from the Reapers the response would have been the same.  The internal discussion at Triarii has been more about ensuring fairness of play rather than what this mod might do in practice.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

Player_39363936 #244 Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 69983 battles
  • [EWENS]

View PostNICKEL_AND_DIME, on 11 September 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

I view it in similar perspective to professional athletes using steroids.  Once the word is out that they use them, their accomplishments are forever tainted. 

Do we hear about such athletes trying to justify their actions by saying it was done to make the other players learn and perform better?  No, we don't. 

Well said.

Herodotus4 #245 Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22429 battles
  • [SRT_]
My opinion is that the mods don't matter, the effect on a unicums playstyle is almost certainly less then the negative effect of the skins on device performance (I assume there is some). However there is one place the mods must be banned, clan wars, I have done research on CW and have seen how close it can get, consequently the slight difference (esp with all prammo and armor not mattering) will make the mod an unfair advantage. Until then what is the point,  know where the modules on almost every tank in the game (tier 2+) but usually shoot at the center of mass because I am lazy and because I don't want to miss. What is the point to the mod, if nothing else Msixteen should provide a link to armor inspector in his videos (maybe even on the video screen), however that most who watch his videos probably are forumers is a good point, I guess that the problem is just that no one has does stats on it. Msixteen, when did you uninstall the mod and stop using it? I will look at your blitzstars stats at that time and before and find out if there is a difference.

"it is not because I was "brought to my knees" by some noobs, rather because I was unable to bring enough red noobs to their knees." -Vsavsa1

"I excel at mediocracy" -xjs

Player_39363936 #246 Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 69983 battles
  • [EWENS]

Corn_Pop #247 Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:09 PM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 17079 battles
  • [SCSC]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 14 September 2015 - 04:48 PM, said:

Ha!  No, it's that the Triarii lot are quite principled and eschew the grey whenever possible.  We wouldn't have cared whose clan it came from.  If it came from the Reapers the response would have been the same.  The internal discussion at Triarii has been more about ensuring fairness of play rather than what this mod might do in practice.

I'm in agreement about Mods.

There should be nothing that can skew the outcome of any match. 

The only issue about this for me is MSix being attacked for his motivation for his use. 

My concern is the handful of Clans with high Profile on the Forums will play fairly when CW arrives. But what about the other Clans.

I think WG needs to leave no gray area. If Mods are against the Rules as stated in the EULA then there is no gray. But the message is not consistent. It needs resolution. Otherwise this kind of conflict will continue. It doesnt benefit  the Forums, the Game or relations among player base.

Edited by Rocket_NA, 14 September 2015 - 11:10 PM.

CptCheez #248 Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:17 AM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostRocket_NA, on 14 September 2015 - 06:27 PM, said:

Boils Down Entire Thread To Its Uncut Form

Many people's View: Anyone who uses module hit skins = Has an unfair advantage over other players

Krieg's View: Triari= Bad Guys     Krieg: Good Guys

Fixed that for you.  The response would have been the same regardless of the OP's clan affiliation or non-affiliation.

The reason you see a lot of Triarii posting in this thread opposed to this mod is because we are a group of mature adults with a good understanding of fair play and sportsmanship.  I'm sorry if that makes us "Bad Guys" in your eyes, or to all of Krieg, as you have so blatantly just stated.

However, we are not the only ones in this thread posting against this mod.  There are quite a few posts from other people in other clans (and not in clans) writing the same thing.  I would hope that you're not blind to that fact.  I hope you do honestly realize this has nothing at all to do with Krieg or Triarii any other clan.  

Edited by CptCheez, 15 September 2015 - 02:35 AM.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

MSixteen #249 Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:24 AM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18582 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostManwolf100, on 14 September 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

I agree with you. I suspect they will have a position soon. I'm glad you recognize they are shady. Why not just dump em? Take the lead on that. That's what I don't understand. Why argue symantics on something you probably agree should not be used?

And Ive watched some of your videos. Thanks for doing them.

I don't hair dump them because it does help my viewers. I've had plenty of people PM me about how looking at the video they found out something about module location, or that they ammo racked an enemy from full health after watching a video of mine, so it does help

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

MSixteen #250 Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:25 AM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18582 battles
  • [_V_]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 14 September 2015 - 04:17 PM, said:

I've found that recording on my device takes a bit of a toll on game performance.  Reflector not so much - and you're recording everything onto a big hard drive, and makes editing way easier.  Display Recorder is $5, no?

I still run 60FPS and 40-60 ping while I'm recording, so display recorder works fine for me

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

MSixteen #251 Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:31 AM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18582 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostCptCheez, on 14 September 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

Fixed that for you.  The response would have been the same regardless of the OP's clan affiliation or non-affiliation.

The reason you see a lot of Triarii posting in this thread opposed to this mod is because we are a group of mature adults with a good understanding of fair play and sportsmanship.  I'm sorry if that makes us "Bad Guys" in your eyes, or to all of Krieg, as you have so blatantly just stated.

However, we are not the only ones in this thread posting against this mod.  There are quite a few posts from other people in other clans (and not in clans) writing the same thing.  I would hope that you're not blind to that fact.  I hope you do honestly realize this has nothing at all to do with Krieg or Triarii any other clan.  

You act like by using the mod to help others it makes me a horrible person who never accomplished anything in this game. I know it has nothing to do with triarii or krieg, but many of you have been less "attacky" about how to voice your opinions on the matter. Reluctantthiest never once attacked me. Others in triarii have. 

BR1XT0N #252 Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:41 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11164 battles
  • [CMPNY]

This thread reminds me of a video. 

His reaction when it finally breaks tho

"Come and take your medicine."

Recruiting: HERE Stats: BR1XT0N Tank Videos: HERE

Proud Member of the

//©// COMPANY \\©\\

MSixteen #253 Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:42 AM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18582 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostBR1XT0N, on 14 September 2015 - 11:41 PM, said:

Icy what you did there...

BR1XT0N #254 Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:48 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11164 battles
  • [CMPNY]
Annnny second now... So worth it.... Just keep.... Watching..........

"Come and take your medicine."

Recruiting: HERE Stats: BR1XT0N Tank Videos: HERE

Proud Member of the

//©// COMPANY \\©\\

Corn_Pop #255 Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:49 AM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 17079 battles
  • [SCSC]

View PostCptCheez, on 14 September 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

You didnt read the Post above this. #247. But thats par for you.

Its not that I think your all bad guys. I like several of your members. 

Its a respect issue. Paragraph two could be proven otherwise. 

Your members on many occasions  have expressed similair passions Ingame like

everyone else. Not sure which part they would apply to, maturity or sportsmanship.

So please put away the soapbox. 

But I'll stick with my original post. No need for corrections. 

MSixteen #256 Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:52 AM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18582 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostBR1XT0N, on 14 September 2015 - 11:48 PM, said:

Annnny second now... So worth it.... Just keep.... Watching..........

bruh I dunno fam. That glass is still looking pretty solid

CptCheez #257 Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:10 AM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostRocket_NA, on 15 September 2015 - 01:49 AM, said:

You didnt read the Post above this. #247. But thats par for you.

Gee, another personal attack about me from Rocket.  Par for you, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Considering my post had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with what you said in #247, I'm not sure how that's relevant at all.  What you wrote 5 posts above that one is what I was replying to.  247 was about how you feel about mods.  242 was about how you think clans feel about other clans.  2 completely separate issues and I was not addressing the former.

Edited by CptCheez, 15 September 2015 - 06:11 AM.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

Player_39363936 #258 Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 69983 battles
  • [EWENS]
Let's ask this guy if he thought you were helping him?

osxuser93 #259 Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:56 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11611 battles
  • [III-Z]

View PostMSixteen, on 14 September 2015 - 04:38 PM, said:

1.) Shou.TV is crap. I used to use it to record, but it kept crashing and would lose videos

2.) You have to pay for reflector

3.) I don't have a mac. i have an OLD laptop

4.) You're right. i don't need them. i use them to help my viewers. so when i'm about to record i install the mods for however long i'm recording so it helps people learn where they are

5.) people would call you a hacker long before any mods of ANY type would have been available. i've been called a hacker since the game called out at least once or twice a week because i make a seemingly impossible shot through a crack between buildings, or through a pipe or something.

6.) many tank's weak spots/ center of mass are where modules/crew reside. it's not uncommon. just deal with it.

7.) i use the skins when i'm recording so i don't have to spend so much extra time finding the pictures and putting them on my phone, then taking the extra space that i already have very little of.

Haven't commented much, but I've been watching this thread with considerable interest. However, I would like to point out that not a single one of these reasons justifies using the hit skin mod in any way.

1, 2, and 3: The fact that you (I mean "you" generically, including but not limited to MSixteen) have inferior hardware doesn't change what constitutes fair play. This is even more true when we're specifically talking about recording videos. From a completely objective standpoint, recording a video is an additional activity unrelated to actual gameplay. I'm afraid I don't see any logical reason why adding an extra activity in game justifies the use of a performance-enhancing mod.

4. We all agree you don't need them, and they likely only give you a negligible advantage. (This statement has been oft-repeated already.) However, I don't seem to recall you specifically saying you uninstall them whenever you're not recording. (If you have, please correct me - there's a lot of pages on this thread and I might have missed something. ;) ;) Giving you the benefit of the doubt, however, this still doesn't address the factor of your influence on viewers, or fairness in the games during which you record.

5. I've been called a hacker just because people (still :P) don't understand the spotting system. However, I am not actually a hacker, so I just laugh and go on. If someone is known to have actually hacked game files at times, it becomes much harder to prove your innocence. Thus, if I were to meet you in game, I wouldn't know whether you were playing with mods or without them. If your side won, I wouldn't know whether to trust that it was a fair win or that it was assisted with mods. If I knew nothing about this thread, I would simply assume it was because you are a superior player, but because I know about it, I will wonder. I will wonder even more when relatively new, low WR players pull epic wins against good players. It's not because that can never happen fairly, but the fact that they might have mods installed will make me question it.

6. Sorry, but this is phrased like an excuse. Let's just let that one go, because common sense would seem to indicate that the crew members are more likely to be in the middle of the cabin than anywhere else.

7. If this is simply a problem with hardware and a struggle with video editing, message me. I'm happy to help. I have a Mac, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc. Video editing is a long-time hobby of mine, and if all it takes to solve this problem for you is to collaborate with a video editor, I would be honored to work with you. Then you get to make your educational videos the way you want them, accusations of cheating can cease, and you won't have to change your position if/when WG makes an official statement regarding mods.

ahredstealth #260 Posted 15 September 2015 - 01:13 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostBR1XT0N, on 14 September 2015 - 11:41 PM, said:

You know what this guy needs?  A hit skin mod for that glass...

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

Also tagged with Mods, hack, cheating

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users