What's up with that module target skin mod?

Mods hack cheating

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
331 replies to this topic

Ramns #281 Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 12145 battles
Great video DrFerd! The first section hits home and the Hitler portion....OMG funny!!

Thanks for taking the time to do that.

Edited by Ramns, 16 September 2015 - 01:10 PM.

BRUENHILLDE #282 Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:10 PM

I HATE CHEESE

• Players
  • 15212 battles
  • [US1]
LOLOLOL This is by far the best video ever posted here. Hats off DrFerd. Well done. 

Winner of the coveted most admired Blitz forumer award for 2018!  In addition to the 2014,15,16,17 awards.

Over 13,000 profile views. Better than 99.99% of forum users. And more than all of club war gaming members combined. And I've never even started a thread or made a video. By the way everyone hates the rules quoting guy. 

Proud member of US-1 ALL AMERICANS! Americans only. To apply here check out our feeder clans Triari and Prammo first. If you are from north or south of the border do not bother applying. You are not welcome here. Thanks. 

Manwolf100 #283 Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:33 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5811 battles
  • [III-Z]

Ok. Regardless of your position on this you have to admit that Ferd's video is a riot!

Ferd well done....one of the best video's ive ever seen put together around an issue. The humor was spot on......

-Community Pledge Signer-

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while

defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

Sun Tzu

MSixteen #284 Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:15 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18538 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostDrFerd, on 16 September 2015 - 06:07 AM, said:

honestly, parts of the video are funny, but i'm gonna slap him with a copyright infringement and get that taken down. he didn't ask me before he used my footage.

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

gosenbach #285 Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:18 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3957 battles
  • [III-X]
Actually.....

Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, search engines, criticism, parody, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.

NICKEL_AND_DIME #286 Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:25 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 53331 battles
  • [III]

View PostMSixteen, on 16 September 2015 - 09:15 AM, said:

but i'm gonna slap him with a copyright infringement and get that taken down. he didn't ask me before he used my footage.

Does this mean you are now in favor of laws being enforced with appropriate action?

Edited by NICKEL_AND_DIME, 16 September 2015 - 02:35 PM.

DrFerd #287 Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:27 PM

Certified BlitzWeather Forecaster

• Players
  • 38417 battles
  • [III-S]
Suggested reading: EULA paragraph 8.1

YouTube & Blog  https://ferdsquad.com 

Corn_Pop #288 Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:32 PM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 17079 battles
  • [SCSC]

I don't find the Video amusing at all. 

It's ok to violate the EULA , as long as it suits an agenda. 

The people on here claiming integrity and honor are far from it. 

You are adults claiming the high road, yet you attack a college kid, by comparing him to Hitler.

Most of you have kids, where they ever bullied? Was it ok. My guess is as long as your kid was the bully.

Your the bullies. 

The exact method used was here was used by Hitler. Propaganda of Hate.

Your hate has caused you to become the very thing you claim to be against.

So go ahead and endorse the Video. 

At least now you can have the correct Party name.

CptCheez #289 Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:32 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostMSixteen, on 16 September 2015 - 10:15 AM, said:

honestly, parts of the video are funny, but i'm gonna slap him with a copyright infringement and get that taken down. he didn't ask me before he used my footage.

Good luck with that.  He's got every right to use it under Fair Use, as explained by Gosen above, since his video is a commentary/criticism.

And to those saying that DrFerd is comparing MSixteen to Hitler, he's not.  He's just using a popular meme to make his point.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/downfall-hitler-reacts

Edited by CptCheez, 16 September 2015 - 02:35 PM.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

NICKEL_AND_DIME #290 Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:36 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 53331 battles
  • [III]

View PostRocket_NA, on 16 September 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

We are all waiting to hear the official word from WG on this.  They are the entity that determines if it is permissible. 

Lokeen #291 Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:40 PM

General P. McDangles

• Club Wargaming
  • 38513 battles
  • [CYCLN]

View PostMSixteen, on 10 September 2015 - 05:35 PM, said:

+1 because you're on board with teaching the noobs

Maybe you could find a way to "teach the noobs" without using a mod to unfairly enhance the game. 

Seems i was able to manage it. :) ie Lokeen's Medium Tank Academy. 

MSixteen #292 Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:43 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18538 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostLokeen, on 16 September 2015 - 08:40 AM, said:

Maybe you could find a way to "teach the noobs" without using a mod to unfairly enhance the game. 

Seems i was able to manage it. :) ie Lokeen's Medium Tank Academy. 

actually talking to a clan mate of yours about the very thing, so shut up and let us get on with it.

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

MSixteen #293 Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:53 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18538 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostCptCheez, on 16 September 2015 - 08:32 AM, said:

Good luck with that.  He's got every right to use it under Fair Use, as explained by Gosen above, since his video is a commentary/criticism.

And to those saying that DrFerd is comparing MSixteen to Hitler, he's not.  He's just using a popular meme to make his point.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/downfall-hitler-reacts

at the very least it's reported for "Hateful or abusive content > Bullying". have a nice day

Lokeen #294 Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:49 PM

General P. McDangles

• Club Wargaming
  • 38513 battles
  • [CYCLN]

View PostMSixteen, on 16 September 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

actually talking to a clan mate of yours about the very thing, so shut up and let us get on with it.

With your aggressive communication and poor attitude I pity anyone you try to instruct. 

Please learn some respect and don't tell me to shut up.......child. 

Warlord49 #295 Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:54 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 59358 battles

Wow someones butthurt ....wonder why.  Theres an old proverb that says " if the shoe fits wear it" whats your size M16???

And stop commenting on my wrinkly old [edited]. Its old but not wrinkly  

Warlord49 #296 Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:57 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 59358 battles
Good luck with that ticket kid. WG is laughing their butts off at the video because it mocks Hitler and exposes cheaters

Player_39363936 #297 Posted 16 September 2015 - 04:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 69849 battles
  • [EWENS]
That's hilarious.   If it's hateful or abusive, maybe that's because you've been so hateful and abusive on this forum.  Glad you got a taste of it.

reluctanttheist #298 Posted 16 September 2015 - 04:08 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 25821 battles
  • [III-H]

View Postahredstealth, on 16 September 2015 - 05:05 AM, said:

I also enjoy watching people slap the upvote after a video calls the forums a "wretched hive of scum and villainy" on the forums...

It's an example of recursion ;)

In fact, do a search on Google for recursion.  Google responds, Did you mean: recursion

You gotta love meta humour!

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

Ookla_the_Mok #299 Posted 16 September 2015 - 04:16 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28238 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 16 September 2015 - 10:08 AM, said:

It's an example of recursion ;)

In fact, do a search on Google for recursion.  Google responds, Did you mean: recursion

It's an example of recursion ;)

In fact, do a search on Google for recursion.  Google responds, Did you mean: recursion

[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 72% Gritty content.

ZuluRavenShadow #300 Posted 16 September 2015 - 04:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13611 battles
  • [X-ONE]

View PostRocket_NA, on 16 September 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

I don't find the Video amusing at all. 

The people on here claiming integrity and honor are far from it. 

You are adults claiming the high road, yet you attack a college kid, by comparing him to Hitler.

Most of you have kids, where they ever bullied? Was it ok. My guess is as long as your kid was the bully.

Your the bullies. 

The exact method used was here was used by Hitler. Propaganda of Hate.

Your hate has caused you to become the very thing you claim to be against.

So go ahead and endorse the Video. 

At least now you can have the correct Party name.

Rocket, not sure how you came to this conclusion after watching the video but its your opinion.  I personally don't get it because i seen it in a different perspective.  and no, i don't condone any bullying whatsoever.

M16 - to file a copyright suit, you will have to copyright the work first, since the video is of Blitz game play which you don't own, you will need wargaming's permission before you can do that.  with the legal costs of this process, i don't see where it would be worth it especially since Goose is accurate in pointing out there was no violation.

I also don't get why you are so upset but that is not any of my business.

Bottom line is cheating is cheating, i wont accuse you of cheating however, the impression is that if you are using these for training purposes, everyone will naturally believe you are using them in game play.  If you are not, that would be awesome however your reputation and hard work will be tarnished by the fact players will think your cheating even if you are not.

If you are, then I hope you will stop and understand that wining at all costs is a hollow victory.  Having a great WR based on your actual skill and hard work is far more fulfilling in games and in life!

I have battled you many times in game and my impression was that you were very good however, already a shadow is cast over your play now that I know you have this mod.

hope you make the right choice and I'll see you in Game, take care!

ZuluRavenShadow: Don't complain about a TD camping, its called being a sniper.  Camping is a player in a light or medium tank doing it... Blaming your team for losing or being killed is anoying.. as an experienced player, adapt to your teams play and support.. just because they don't all do what you want them too... doesn't mean it's their fault for losing!

Also tagged with Mods, hack, cheating

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users