• 32564 battles
  • [III-Z]

Halogen challenge for DadNeedsADrink

CC_Sly #283 Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:23 PM

Former Blitz Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 3087 battles
  • [WGA]
Hey guys - Gold will be credited by the end of my day Wednesday 9/23 (4PM PST) at the latest. Stay tuned for the "What Sly Learned From" on the Halonen's Medal Challenge! 

FORMER

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

CC_Sly #284 Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:19 PM

• Administrator
  • 3087 battles
  • [WGA]

Alright Tankers! The gold has been credited! 

Time for:

What Sly Learned from: Halonen's Medal Challenge

Positive

• Once again, medal contests have proven to be one of the most popular contests that we can run
    • As long as it is participation based
  • One of the goals of this was to help push people towards the new British TD line. It did that fairly well
    • 81.4% of the entries were in the new TD line
    • A secondary goal was to push people to help with the Royal Race
      • 40.4% of the entries had entries that contributed to the Royal Race 
  • These contests drive lurkers to post.
    • 37.1% of the posts in the thread were made by people who had 1-5 posts. That is over 1/3 of the posts in the thread! 
  • Overall the contest was received well by the community. They welcomed another participation based medal contest.

Negative 

•  The gold rewarded was roughly 4 times what we would normally be allowed for a contest of this length and nature. I am expecting some feedback regarding this from my superiors.
    • This may end up affecting future contest rewards
    • We can't fully predict the gold value of participation based contests
    • This amount could be justified if there was an increase in various numbers both in game and the forums.
  •  The quantity of entries required several hours of checking and recording the valid entries. Basically it took a very long time to soft through all the entries
    • Could be justified based on the conversion rate of lurkers to active posters, but that data is not available yet

FORMER

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

_1204_ #285 Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:50 PM

Admiral Kitty

• Players
  • 21757 battles
  • [501ST]

View PostCC_Sly, on 22 September 2015 - 02:19 PM, said:

Time for:

Positive

• Once again, medal contests have proven to be one of the most popular contests that we can run
  • One of the goals of this was to help push people towards the new British TD line. It did that fairly well
    • 37.1% of the posts in the thread were made by people who had 1-5 posts. That is over 1/3 of the posts in the thread! 
  • Overall the contest was received well by the community. They welcomed another participation based medal contest.

Negative 

•  The gold rewarded was roughly 4 times what we would normally be allowed for a contest of this length and nature. I am expecting some feedback regarding this from my superiors.
    • This amount could be justified if there was an increase in various numbers both in game and the forums.
  •  The quantity of entries required several hours of checking and recording the valid entries. Basically it took a very long time to soft through all the entries
    • Could be justified based on the conversion rate of lurkers to active posters, but that data is not available yet

The gold reward seems justified to me, as haloens are pretty hard to get... Too bad I got mine 3 days AFTER event:angry: Such a good game too with clutch ammorack and a cross map rng snipe kill on a full speed PM10

acrisis #286 Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18604 battles
  • [EQ-TR]

Received, thank you. 

I guess the reward amount being 4x what was anticipated, will ensure the duration will be shorter next time around. 

But overall, great contest, lots of new people participated, everybody had a great chance of winning ... vs that silly stuff where you pass a hat an pick 5-10-25-100 people. You know you're not going to get anywhere near the participation and positive recognition when you do that. People like to participate, qualify and win. Period. No drawings. 

Blitz   Community   Coalition   
 BCC Forum Thread | BCC Discord invite

Mission Poll  |  Goose Event Poll  | ... 
Looney Tooners  ||  Triarii  ||  Blitz University  ||  Basic Training  ||  Mentor

2.8 Blitz Economy - A visual of the credit coefficients | Got lag? =>  Pingplotter thread

Praeceladon #287 Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19234 battles

View Post_1204_, on 22 September 2015 - 07:50 PM, said:

The gold reward seems justified to me, as haloens are pretty hard to get... Too bad I got mine 3 days AFTER event:angry: Such a good game too with clutch ammorack and a cross map rng snipe kill on a full speed PM10

The biggest difficulty with getting a halonens for me was 99% of the matches I was playing in the new tanks I was top teir. I tried for a few days from t2 to the at8 and never got one, had to do it on ferd then a few days after that got one on a British tank. there were just no higher tiers to fight. Every time I went into the battle the tier above me said 0 for players in queue

ahredstealth #288 Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:45 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 18235 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostCC_Sly, on 22 September 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

Time for:

Positive

Negative 

If it were not for the gold and the 5 days of premium, I would have never played more then one game going up this line.  If that was your goal, it at least helped by one tanker.

Who came up with the medal challenge?  Was it you?  And now you have to answer to the higher ups for giving out to much Cheddar?  Or did it sort of come down from up top, and now you have to explain why it did better then expected?

If you get chewed out by your boss does he do it over the phone, over some sort of video-chat e-meeting, or do they fly you to Russia where he screams at you in Russian?

If you need us to create a bunch of fake accounts to help save your job or something just PM us.  We're all for helping the team big guy.

Wargaming server will serving you kindly

furicle #289 Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:49 PM

Tuber or not tuber...

• Players
  • 35514 battles
  • [SPUD]
Thanks again Sly - and you know I'm going to have to add some of my own on top for the next toy, so don't forget to mention that to them too :-)

_______  __  _____      
  / __/ _ \/ / / / _ \
 _\ \/ ___/ /_/ / // /
/___/_/   \____/____/

Prammo comes naturally to a golden russet...

CC_Sly #290 Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:08 PM

• Administrator
  • 3087 battles
  • [WGA]

View Postahredstealth, on 22 September 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

Who came up with the medal challenge?  Was it you?  And now you have to answer to the higher ups for giving out to much Cheddar?  Or did it sort of come down from up top, and now you have to explain why it did better then expected?

If you get chewed out by your boss does he do it over the phone, over some sort of video-chat e-meeting, or do they fly you to Russia where he screams at you in Russian?

If you need us to create a bunch of fake accounts to help save your job or something just PM us.  We're all for helping the team big guy.

I came up with the final challenge. The bosspeoples wanted something themed to go with the Royal Race and I suggested a medal contest dealing with TDs, giving bonus rewards to those who did it on the new line.

As far as being chewed out for "giving out too much Cheddar" I won't get in trouble, I will just have to explain what it was and why I did it. Basically give them my "What Sly Learned From: Halonen's Medal Challenge" Bossman edition.

Worst case I see, is being told to tone it down for future stuff. 

While I appreciate the thought of bumping the numbers that way -

FORMER

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Romhel #291 Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:37 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29373 battles
  • [-AFK-]

You have our full support from south america ... you just looked encourage the use of the new line of tanks because those tanks actually did not like with exception of AT2 - Tortoise and 183 ... keep up the good work thanks to you our love for the game grows! Hugs!

Clan Afrika Korps 

http://afrikakorps.jimdo.com 

inmortal015 #292 Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:08 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10811 battles

View PostCC_Sly, on 22 September 2015 - 07:19 PM, said:

Time for:

Positive

Negative 

Hi! Firstly, I want to say it was a very good event, in this two years that I've played World of Tanks I've never been so excited like i did with the contest of the Royal race and Halonen´s medal. But unfortunately did not get my gold yet , I post the screenshot in the page of the Spanish forum ( http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/31336-concurso-3-reto-medalla-halonen/ ) Can you please tell me what i have to do to receive the gold?

Thank you :)

SoccerDragon10 #293 Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:17 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 48429 battles
  • [AVNGR]
I finally got this to work, sort of. Hopefully I can still get credit. It's dated! http://imgur.com/l0DHMzP

Ookla_the_Mok #294 Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:50 AM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 21737 battles
  • [BRSKT]

Sly did an excellent job on this contest. The whole design dovetailed perfectly with the other events.

If there is fallout regarding the level of gold dispensed, I get that. However, please don't let that mitigate the success of this contest.

andyllinger #295 Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16595 battles
Thank you mr sly.

Tier X tanks: Leopard 1, MAUS, E 50 Ausf. ME 100, Jagdpanzer E 100, T110E5, M48A1 Patton, Object 140, T-62A, IS-7.

keysgill #296 Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:09 PM

Private

• Players
  • 14046 battles
  • [IRISH]

I got a halonen medal but never got my reward?.. Why was this?

Edited by keysgill, 23 September 2015 - 01:16 PM.

ahredstealth #297 Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:16 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 18235 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostCC_Sly, on 22 September 2015 - 05:08 PM, said:

While I appreciate the thought of bumping the numbers that way -

Just trying to offer to save your job.

Again.  (he he he)

Would it help to give my gold back?  You can have mine if you want.  Just don't take my Clown Car.  I like it because it's ugly.

Wargaming server will serving you kindly

keysgill #298 Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:19 PM

Private

• Players
  • 14046 battles
  • [IRISH]
Look at the date it a pic from camera roll

Edited by keysgill, 23 September 2015 - 01:20 PM.

CC_Sly #299 Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:19 PM

• Administrator
  • 3087 battles
  • [WGA]

View Postinmortal015, on 22 September 2015 - 04:08 PM, said:

Hi! Firstly, I want to say it was a very good event, in this two years that I've played World of Tanks I've never been so excited like i did with the contest of the Royal race and Halonen´s medal. But unfortunately did not get my gold yet , I post the screenshot in the page of the Spanish forum ( http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/31336-concurso-3-reto-medalla-halonen/ ) Can you please tell me what i have to do to receive the gold?

Thank you :)

You are very welcome! Unfortunately I can't speak Spanish - so I leave those sections to out bilingual staff. They take care of getting the gold out to you guys as well. I will check with them today to make sure that they start the process!  

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 22 September 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

Sly did an excellent job on this contest. The whole design dovetailed perfectly with the other events.

If there is fallout regarding the level of gold dispensed, I get that. However, please don't let that mitigate the success of this contest.

:great:  Worry not. I mentioned the potential feedback because it is something I consider when doing these contests. It is not a bad thing, in fact I am encouraged to be ambitious with events and contests in order to push the envelope. I just have to explain why and how I did things and give a proper analysis of why it worked or did not. The contest was successful no one will argue that, I just have to see if the "ROI" (Return on Investment) was in the green and by how much.      

View Postkeysgill, on 23 September 2015 - 05:09 AM, said:

I got a halonen medal but never got my reward?.. Why was this?

Did you post in this thread? In a different language's section? I don't show a post from you in this thread within the time frame of the contest. If you did post, please link me to it in a PM!  

View Postahredstealth, on 23 September 2015 - 05:16 AM, said:

Just trying to offer to save your job.

Again.  (he he he)

Would it help to give my gold back?  You can have mine if you want.  Just don't take my Clown Car.  I like it because it's ugly.

Nah - as I said above, getting feedback is not a bad thing. I just need to explain why the 4x amount was worth it, or if it wasn't what could I do to make it worth it, or if I can't do that then I may be told to think about it before doing it again.  

FORMER

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

_808_KapTanKrunch #300 Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:03 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 22265 battles
  • [_HP_]

Hi, i posted this on the 18th.  but did not get the gold?

http://i.imgur.com/xeEJB9R.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users