• Please log in to reply
606 replies to this topic

__Crusader6__ #601 Posted 03 April 2019 - 08:51 PM

ACE Chaser

• Players
  • 58386 battles
  • [-C6-]

View Post_Cletus, on 03 April 2019 - 12:24 AM, said:

Hey SockRobber, I was wondering if it's possible to get a stat for damage blocked?  It's a shot in the dark, my guess is that it's not part of the data WG releases.  But if I could get that stat I think it'd be interesting.

No one cares about Heavy tank drivers Cletus ;) 

Tank Hoarder: 365 tanks in Garage:  366/368 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed. 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

_Cletus #602 Posted 03 April 2019 - 09:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21696 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 03 April 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

No one cares about Heavy tank drivers Cletus ;) 

I know, you're right!  I should have asked in a PM so no one knows....  :hiding:

I have this theory I've been thinking about regarding the value of blocked shots and the seemingly lost art of generating bounces, it'd be nice for me to have some data behind it to flesh out my theory a little more before I make a thread about it.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar by crpl_hicks

A good heavy driver knows how to make shots bounce off their armor, how to use cover while fighting at the front, when to get out there and just take the shot to protect his team, to keep the reds attention focused so his team can flank, and to consistently do damage while all of that happens.  

BlitzStats #603 Posted 04 April 2019 - 06:11 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

View Post_Cletus, on 03 April 2019 - 09:09 PM, said:

I know, you're right!  I should have asked in a PM so no one knows....  :hiding:

I have this theory I've been thinking about regarding the value of blocked shots and the seemingly lost art of generating bounces, it'd be nice for me to have some data behind it to flesh out my theory a little more before I make a thread about it.

If Wargaming don't make a particular stat available though the API then BlitzStars can't use it I'm afraid.
There is a slight caveat - Wargaming are now using an API with additional data that does have a 'potential_damage_received' field. Which sounds like it refers to either blocked damage or can be used to calculate blocked damage (I haven't looked in to it). However, this statistic, for whatever reason, they're not sharing in the public API. I could use the private API for it but I'm not sure if they'd appreciate that... They also don't bother with any communication with non RU devs in my experience, so I'm in the dark.
Judging by their recent moves, I wouldn't be surprised if they remove the public API and sites/apps like BlitzStars wont work any more.

Guess we'll see!

BlitzStars.com - World of Tanks: Blitz player stats, forum signature

BlitzStars.com / (Blitz) Tank Compare

Player and Tank Statistics for WoT: Blitz

__Crusader6__ #604 Posted 04 April 2019 - 06:23 PM

ACE Chaser

• Players
  • 58386 battles
  • [-C6-]

View Post_Cletus, on 03 April 2019 - 04:09 PM, said:

I’m just bugging you.  

Yes I think it’s a very relevant stat. 

I discussed it before - explaining why Damage values for tank types are not equal- and on many maps to win in Meds and TD’s one generally needs to General more damage than heavies etc.  

I don’t want to derail Sock’s thread though, as what he says about the potential loss of public API concerns me.   

Tank Hoarder: 365 tanks in Garage:  366/368 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed. 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

_Cletus #605 Posted 04 April 2019 - 06:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21696 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostBlitzStats, on 04 April 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

If Wargaming don't make a particular stat available though the API then BlitzStars can't use it I'm afraid.
There is a slight caveat - Wargaming are now using an API with additional data that does have a 'potential_damage_received' field. Which sounds like it refers to either blocked damage or can be used to calculate blocked damage (I haven't looked in to it). However, this statistic, for whatever reason, they're not sharing in the public API. I could use the private API for it but I'm not sure if they'd appreciate that... They also don't bother with any communication with non RU devs in my experience, so I'm in the dark.
Judging by their recent moves, I wouldn't be surprised if they remove the public API and sites/apps like BlitzStars wont work any more.

Guess we'll see!

View Post__Crusader6__, on 04 April 2019 - 12:23 PM, said:

I’m just bugging you.  

Yes I think it’s a very relevant stat. 

I discussed it before - explaining why Damage values for tank types are not equal- and on many maps to win in Meds and TD’s one generally needs to General more damage than heavies etc.  

I don’t want to derail Sock’s thread though, as what he says about the potential loss of public API concerns me.   

Yeah that is particularly scary given that they've recently introduced their own little stat page.  Which frankly sucks compared to Blitzstars.

Thanks for the response SockRobber.  As always, every Blitz player who cares even a little bit about the game appreciates all you do for us.   :honoring:

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar by crpl_hicks

A good heavy driver knows how to make shots bounce off their armor, how to use cover while fighting at the front, when to get out there and just take the shot to protect his team, to keep the reds attention focused so his team can flank, and to consistently do damage while all of that happens.  

twirlingtowardsfreedom #606 Posted 04 April 2019 - 06:28 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27332 battles

View Post__Crusader6__, on 04 April 2019 - 06:23 PM, said:

That would be a major blow to my enjoyment of the game, not to mention a pretty cruel trick to contributors like him that have done so much for players. I am quite worried about that as well.

Ookla_the_Mok #607 Posted 04 April 2019 - 06:30 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28143 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View PostBlitzStats, on 04 April 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

Guess we'll see!

This would be a cruel and fitting end to the run for the game. I am not stat-obsessed, but the push to a more arcade experience is of concern.

[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 72% Gritty content.

Also tagged with statistics, history, stats, website, guide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users