BlitzStars.com | BETA

statistics history stats website guide

• Please log in to reply
696 replies to this topic

BlitzStats #661 Posted 24 August 2019 - 01:27 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles
Should be fixed now - try refreshing. Let me know if still problematic.

BlitzStars.com - World of Tanks: Blitz player stats, forum signature

BlitzStars.com / (Blitz) Tank Compare

Player and Tank Statistics for WoT: Blitz

Si1verBlood #662 Posted 24 August 2019 - 01:31 PM

The Armored Garbage Truck

• Players
  • 16839 battles
  • [MORTM]

View PostBlitzStats, on 24 August 2019 - 08:27 AM, said:

Should be fixed now - try refreshing. Let me know if still problematic.

all good, got fixed as I was posting

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Si1verBlood

View Post__Crusader6__, on 22 February 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

Accept that bad players are a feature of the game.   

tedg5 #663 Posted 24 August 2019 - 01:33 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 52148 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Hey, nice work on all this. Thanks from a long time Blitzer. :great:

BlitzStats #664 Posted 24 August 2019 - 01:36 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

View PostSi1verBlood, on 24 August 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

all good, got fixed as I was posting

Great!

And while I'm here - 

Clans with a discord.gg link in their clan description will now have a 'discord' button on their clan profile pages so people can access the links that little bit quicker/easier. (NB. must be a minimum of discord.gg/CODE, as I can't reliably detect just codes alone)

tankeatingtiger #665 Posted 24 August 2019 - 11:16 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 19658 battles
  • [DETH]

View PostBlitzStats, on 24 August 2019 - 08:36 AM, said:

Great!

And while I'm here - 

Clans with a discord.gg link in their clan description will now have a 'discord' button on their clan profile pages so people can access the links that little bit quicker/easier. (NB. must be a minimum of discord.gg/CODE, as I can't reliably detect just codes alone)

Oh that's a really sweet idea. Nice job.

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

DeliciousPancakes_ #666 Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2245 battles
  • [UN10N]

View PostBlitzStats, on 09 August 2019 - 08:52 PM, said:

Generally 24 hours. Perhaps the server didn't like your re-rolling seal-clubbing ways?! ;)

Though really I have a suspicion it's that 'infinite' KDR value that is causing the record not to be saved/updated/created. If it really is that, it's a PITA to fix so I'm not sure when it might happen... I have added the issue to my 'bugs' list.

I'm feeling discriminated against and persecuted :teethhappy:

Interesting that the infinite KDR could throw off the ranking though. I assumed it would just be a matter of comparing WN8s to see who is higher. I guess I should have let a bot kill me once...

BlitzStats #667 Posted 18 September 2019 - 10:34 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

View PostDeliciousPancakes_, on 18 September 2019 - 09:19 PM, said:

I'm feeling discriminated against and persecuted :teethhappy:

Interesting that the infinite KDR could throw off the ranking though. I assumed it would just be a matter of comparing WN8s to see who is higher. I guess I should have let a bot kill me once...

"Too gud, broke DB"

I assume the issue comes from storing the 'infinity' value in one of the databases. BlitzStars is effectively using 3 databases (main records, an intermediary db, and then the frontline-facing cache server & db - what happens when dealing with billions of records). Probably one (or more) of these is not liking the idea of storing 'infinity' in what it expects to be an integer/float column.

As you can imagine, the workings for all this are deep down in the guts of the ugly beast, and that's somewhere you gotta tread carefully... It's also something that affects probably 0.0001% of players/records and as I have to triage my time spent on BlitzStars, the issue isn't fixed yet I'm afraid. That said, I have spent a fair bit of time recently on various BlitzStars things and the list of bugs is getting smaller... so eventually, perhaps...!

Chariot_Solace #668 Posted 26 September 2019 - 09:46 AM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 47006 battles
  • [_STR8]
Just letting you know, that Blitzstars somehow found those lost damage numbers I was telling you about. Maybe after the update? Idk but it is back to normal.

Tier Xs: 19 Lines I'm Grinding: 6 Favorite Tank: E75 Top 100 Tanks: 66 Premiums: 67 Aced: 248/258

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Chariot_Solace

BlitzStats #669 Posted 26 September 2019 - 03:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

View PostChariot_Solace, on 26 September 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

Just letting you know, that Blitzstars somehow found those lost damage numbers I was telling you about. Maybe after the update? Idk but it is back to normal.

Great. It may just be that the 'bad' figures have slipped out of the 'period' in which BlitzStars was using them. It's possible the figures are still included in the 'overall' stats reported by WG for the tank in question - but hopefully it's not a big deal.

BlitzStars 'accounts' / supporter update - September

Recently BlitzStars has had a fair bit of work done on an 'accounts' backend. For those of you logged in you may have noticed a little 'head/person' icon next to your username. Clicking it takes you to your account/user profile page. There's really not much on this page - at least for now - but the new system adds some flexibility going forward. In particular, supporters via Patreon can 'connect' their Patreon account and get their supporter features enabled on BlitzStars automatically now (rather than waiting for me to do it).

Further, supporters will see some options (image below). Here you can enable of the tracking of 'private' data, specifically your credits, gold & free xp. This will be checked daily and records will be recorded at the same frequency as your main stats. Once some data is collected - over the first few weeks - it will start appearing on your player profile page and only be visible to you, unless you select the 'public' options also.

PS. DeliciousPancakes_

DeliciousPancakes_ #670 Posted 28 September 2019 - 05:45 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2245 battles
  • [UN10N]
Thanks SockRobber! I made this account to see what I could do with 100 battles in the M5 against bots. Thankfully they nerfed if not long after lol.

tankeatingtiger #671 Posted 29 September 2019 - 01:35 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 19658 battles
  • [DETH]

SockRobber, 

For the new update on TankCompare, I would say that the watermark is good, but all together it is a bit distracting. Maybe try eliminating the gray box? I do like the idea though.

YouTube Channel: 

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

tankeatingtiger #672 Posted 02 October 2019 - 07:58 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 19658 battles
  • [DETH]
Noticed another update on tank compare, the little white button with 3 pluses (upper R when selecting a tank) will add all tanks in the class. Very helpful.

YouTube Channel: 

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

AKWolf1 #673 Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 78854 battles
  • [CMIND]

Sock robber,

So this morning I have run 9 battles and winning 8 of those battles. When I go into blitzstars it is showing me having played 14 battles and winning 11. Obvious problem is it recording more battles then I am playing. I have played 9 different tanks and one time each. It has recorded me playing 5 tanks twice when I’ve only played them once. 

***** disregard as it as corrected itself*****

Edited by AKWolf1, 16 November 2019 - 07:17 PM.

thedamnbees1 #674 Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 32135 battles
  • [DARPA]
SockRobber, what is BSPR?
Also, thanks for all your hard work making blitzstars so great!

BlitzStats #675 Posted 20 November 2019 - 08:57 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 29 September 2019 - 01:35 AM, said:

SockRobber, 

For the new update on TankCompare, I would say that the watermark is good, but all together it is a bit distracting. Maybe try eliminating the gray box? I do like the idea though.

Yeah, not ideal. But works for now... I'm no designer :facepalm: Maybe some day I'll give it another whirl.

View Postthedamnbees1, on 19 November 2019 - 08:44 PM, said:

SockRobber, what is BSPR?
Also, thanks for all your hard work making blitzstars so great!

Something I was working on (and have been at various other times in the past...) but is silly complicated and so is back on the back-burner for now.

And you're welcome :izmena:

Bellatormonk #676 Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:37 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 29830 battles
  • [MASHU]
SockRobber,  Do the BlitzStars Players Online/Hourly, etc account for both servers in a Region, such as NA1 and NA2 to generate these stats or just one server per Region?

Edited by Bellatormonk, 02 December 2019 - 05:38 PM.

BlitzStats #677 Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:00 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

View PostBellatormonk, on 02 December 2019 - 05:37 PM, said:

SockRobber,  Do the BlitzStars Players Online/Hourly, etc account for both servers in a Region, such as NA1 and NA2 to generate these stats or just one server per Region?

WG seems to provide the stats combined for each region's servers. The API provides just one figure.

Bellatormonk #678 Posted 06 December 2019 - 03:41 AM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 29830 battles
  • [MASHU]

SockRobber,

How do we dispute these days?  I may just be missing the button?  In looking at the record for the WZ-112-2 Heavy, the top spot is taken by a "null" account?  Must have been banned perhaps and no longer deserves the top spot? 

BlitzStats #679 Posted 06 December 2019 - 04:11 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

View PostBellatormonk, on 06 December 2019 - 03:41 AM, said:

SockRobber,

How do we dispute these days?  I may just be missing the button?  In looking at the record for the WZ-112-2 Heavy, the top spot is taken by a "null" account?  Must have been banned perhaps and no longer deserves the top spot? 

Thank for reporting. This thread, or the HoF one, is fine for posting disputes. Hopefully they won't occur too often with the 'replays only' system in place.

I've found the player/record in question and the situation is very odd - WG not reporting most stats for them (though is reporting achievements...). So certainly something odd going on with that account. I wouldn't want to jump to any conclusions about cheating/banned accounts though without more info.
As it stands, the record is not humungous damage, the replay looks fine as far as I can see from a quick x2 gander (remember you can follow the link and watch the replay on wotinspector.com, or download it and watch it assuming it is still same patch), and I expect it will be replaced in time, so although the attribution isn't working properly at this stage, I don't see grounds to remove it - unless lots of people disagree with me.

Bellatormonk #680 Posted 06 December 2019 - 04:26 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 29830 battles
  • [MASHU]
No worries then, thanks for looking in on it.

Also tagged with statistics, history, stats, website, guide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users