Casual means pants optional

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Ookla_the_Mok #1 Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:45 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28238 battles
  • [BRSKT]

So, I looked around the forums briefly and see that there are now massive alliances that look pretty strange to me. Then there are players merging clans to win the Rise of Continents contest. I also saw that the prizes for the contest were downgraded to the point of playing thousands of games for a couple bucks of gold is what is available to most players.

My take is that there is far too much stuff/goings-on with the contests and clans that is either silly, lame, or both. Rather than dwell on that, and I must admit I can be negative about this type of thing, I'm turning this into a potential positive.

Casual clans, in my mind, embody the spirit of a clan in the context of a dumb game we play on our tablets or phones. Sure, we all take the game too seriously at times, waste hours on killing tanks, etc. However, this is fun, right? Are we not adults (mostly) finding a way to enjoy ourselves in an often difficult world?

Caveat 01: I just woke up from a nap so this may or may not make sense. If you are confused, take a nap, reread, it will become clear.

The Non-Contest:

You are eligible if you are in a casual clan that is not affiliated with any other clan. Examples of this would be SPUD, Iron Dragoons, Blouses. If you are in a casual clan that I have yet listed, please post in this thread with a link to your recruitment thread created before this date. I will be the sole judge on whether your clan is eligible. I should note that any clan with multiple iterations is excluded (i.e. MOM) simply to keep with the spirit of small, casual clans. I reserve the right to not consider any clan for any reason.

If you are not in a clan, you can still participate. If you have ever posted in the SPUD "Around the Campfire" thread you are eligible. If you are not a jackwagon but post on the forums with an independent streak you are eligible. Again, this is my judgment. If I have no clue who you are then I will probably exclude you.

Caveat 02: I will/can/might cut off the number of people eligible based on participation, if I get tired-head, or if I am having a bad day and am sick of it. 

So, here is the Non-Contest:

Post, in a spoiler, a Mastery badge or any battle in which you win with top damage and top xp or any loss in which you did more damage than all winning players or any epic medal in the Church GC or M3Lee. All submissions must be in a Tier 4 - Tier 7 tank and show the date of the battle to be between now and October 07, 11:59pm CST.

A winner will be randomly drawn from valid entries. Like I said above, I reserve the right to cut off the contest and award the prize at any time before the deadline.

Caveat 03: I am the sole arbiter of all things. Decisions are final. If you have an issue, bummer.

Prize: Ten bucks delivered via Google Play card, iTunes card, or in cash by pigeon. I shall decide delivery method once the winner communicates their desire.

Caveat 04: I am a SPUD but did not mention this non-contest with any other SPUD. All SPUDs, minus myself, are therefore eligible to win. There is no implied endorsement of this non-contest nor of this Mok by SPUD.

Caveat 05: If I have managed to mess this up, it happens. If you have an issue, it happens. Bottom line is I will find a way to throw ten bucks at some player. It is casual, lets not get bogged down in details.

TL;DR: If you are a casual player and NOT a jackwagon, you could win ten bucks.

[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 72% Gritty content.

epicheeru #2 Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:49 PM

Meme Lord of the 21st Century

• Players
  • 16775 battles
  • [501RV]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 30 September 2015 - 03:45 PM, said:

Snip

or in cash by pigeon.

Snip

:D 

Good luck to everyone!

Garage: E 50 M, Jagdpanzer E 100, Leopard 1, IS-7

Premium: T34 (1776), KpfPz 70, T6 DRACULAHelsing, Pz4S, Glacial 112, Type 62 Dragon, T49 A

AMX M4 45 Damage Record Holder! (5438 damage)

LoweExpectations #3 Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:49 PM

Icelandic

• Players
  • 14905 battles

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 30 September 2015 - 03:45 PM, said:

So, I looked around the forums briefly and see that there are now massive alliances that look pretty strange to me. Then there are players merging clans to win the Rise of Continents contest. I also saw that the prizes for the contest were downgraded to the point of playing thousands of games for a couple bucks of gold is what is available to most players.

My take is that there is far too much stuff/goings-on with the contests and clans that is either silly, lame, or both. Rather than dwell on that, and I must admit I can be negative about this type of thing, I'm turning this into a potential positive.

Casual clans, in my mind, embody the spirit of a clan in the context of a dumb game we play on our tablets or phones. Sure, we all take the game too seriously at times, waste hours on killing tanks, etc. However, this is fun, right? Are we not adults (mostly) finding a way to enjoy ourselves in an often difficult world?

Caveat 01: I just woke up from a nap so this may or may not make sense. If you are confused, take a nap, reread, it will become clear.

The Non-Contest:

You are eligible if you are in a casual clan that is not affiliated with any other clan. Examples of this would be SPUD, Iron Dragoons, Blouses. If you are in a casual clan that I have yet listed, please post in this thread with a link to your recruitment thread created before this date. I will be the sole judge on whether your clan is eligible. I should note that any clan with multiple iterations is excluded (i.e. MOM) simply to keep with the spirit of small, casual clans. I reserve the right to not consider any clan for any reason.

If you are not in a clan, you can still participate. If you have ever posted in the SPUD "Around the Campfire" thread you are eligible. If you are not a jackwagon but post on the forums with an independent streak you are eligible. Again, this is my judgment. If I have no clue who you are then I will probably exclude you.

Caveat 02: I will/can/might cut off the number of people eligible based on participation, if I get tired-head, or if I am having a bad day and am sick of it. 

So, here is the Non-Contest:

Post, in a spoiler, a Mastery badge or any battle in which you win with top damage and top xp or any loss in which you did more damage than all winning players or any epic medal in the Church GC or M3Lee. All submissions must be in a Tier 4 - Tier 7 tank and show the date of the battle to be between now and October 07, 11:59pm CST.

A winner will be randomly drawn from valid entries. Like I said above, I reserve the right to cut off the contest and award the prize at any time before the deadline.

Caveat 03: I am the sole arbiter of all things. Decisions are final. If you have an issue, bummer.

Prize: Ten bucks delivered via Google Play card, iTunes card, or in cash by pigeon. I shall decide delivery method once the winner communicates their desire.

Caveat 04: I am a SPUD but did not mention this non-contest with any other SPUD. All SPUDs, minus myself, are therefore eligible to win. There is no implied endorsement of this non-contest nor of this Mok by SPUD.

Caveat 05: If I have managed to mess this up, it happens. If you have an issue, it happens. Bottom line is I will find a way to throw ten bucks at some player. It is casual, lets not get bogged down in details.

TL;DR: If you are a casual player and NOT a jackwagon, you could win ten bucks.

Hats off to you for not only offering Apple gift cards. You have my respect.

Honors: Most Mentally Insane Leopard PTA Driver, Pioneer of the Dracuyolo, Guides.

furicle #4 Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:51 PM

Tuber or not tuber...

• Players
  • 48315 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Giggle - an excuse to pull out the GC :-)

Count me in (I guess)

Is that casual enough?

_______  __  _____      
  / __/ _ \/ / / / _ \
 _\ \/ ___/ /_/ / // /
/___/_/   \____/____/

Prammo comes naturally to a golden russet...

67328 #5 Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10635 battles
  • [S3MC]
Time to dominate in my M3 Lee

Stats(WotBStars)     Tier 10: Jg.Pz. E 100, M48 Patton, Leopard 1, FV4202     Stats(Blitzstars)

Tanks in Garage: Tier 9: Conqueror--Tier 8: T-44, Panther II, ISU-152

Premiums: Type 59, T34, Lӧwe, IS-6, KV-5, Type 62, Panther M/10, AT 15A, Tankenstein, Excelsior, Pz. V/IV, Pz. IV Anko SP, AC 1 Sentinel, M3 Light, T7 Combat Car T2 Light, Tetrarch

Camoisland #6 Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8297 battles
what about the exclusive tenk?

ahredstealth #7 Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:05 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

This is why we less than three our Mok.

I am a big fan of this.  I like the whole, "Don't be a D-bag and you might win cool stuff."  I'm a definite supporter.

One quick question... why just the CH GC and the M3 Lee?  I think it should be expanded to include the D.W.2

Peace, love, and Red Bull.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

SieurPersil #8 Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:07 PM

Knight of the Round Potato

• Players
  • 25048 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Our Mok has great powers ! A spudtastic idea my friend !

Volunteer Tater Ambassador - Potentate Relationship Manager - Inter Clan Camping Liaison Officer. Knight of the round potato. Information regarding the hamac or our adirondack chairs available. Quote of the moment : "Will focus fire on WriterDude for beer"

Ookla_the_Mok #9 Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:15 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28238 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Postfuricle, on 30 September 2015 - 02:51 PM, said:

Count me in (I guess)

That's the spirit.

View PostCamoisland, on 30 September 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

what about the exclusive tenk?

There will be nothing exclusive about this non-contest. The prize is not unique and it will not change lives, but it should be fun.

View Postahredstealth, on 30 September 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

One quick question... why just the CH GC and the M3 Lee?  I think it should be expanded to include the D.W.2

Believe it or not, I have all three in my garage right now. All are considered bad and/or ugly tanks. I chose the Church GC and M3Lee because, unlike the DW2, they are fun tanks with big flaws that can still win games if their warts are embraced/licked.

tlouie #10 Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9642 battles
  • [TAT]

View Postahredstealth, on 30 September 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

This is why we less than three our Mok.

I am a big fan of this.  I like the whole, "Don't be a D-bag and you might win cool stuff."  I'm a definite supporter.

Peace, love, and Red Bull.

I think that would be a cool non-contest idea: score an epic Hero medal in a widely scorned tank (tog, dw2, Dicker Max, Lowe, etc), get entered into a random drawing.

Thanks for running this contest.  Love the spirit of it.

cashcashme #11 Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:20 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6707 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 30 September 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

Believe it or not, I have all three in my garage right now. All are considered bad and/or ugly tanks. I chose the Church GC and M3Lee because, unlike the DW2, they are fun tanks with big 

Excuse me Mr., the M3 Lee is NOT a bad tank. 

*Starts inner-clan schism*

Ahredstealth, on 01 July 2016 said:

I love the new economy.  It's stupid.

"If you can't take the pain, then don't play the game"

#YOLOboy                                                                                                                                                                   Worst timing of anyone in [SPUD(X)]

tinmanic #12 Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26782 battles
  • [SPUD]
awesome, Ookla...if you weren't my favorite Mok before, you are now. 

Stealth & Tinman looking spudly

My Stats:

Powman5703 #13 Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:37 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8472 battles
It is nice to see a contest now from WG every once in awhile.Thanks and +1

powman5703_eng.png

"There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and im not sure about the first one..."

- Albert Einstein 

By ARandomGenieGuy and pasdxd

acrisis #14 Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20500 battles
  • [III]

If I get this right, only two tanks are eligible and one must be in a casual clan?

Iow non clan guys are out? 

PS: great idea and thanks for being so generous to run this

Edited by acrisis, 30 September 2015 - 10:15 PM.

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Archie761 #15 Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:14 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25658 battles
  • [SPUDX]

+1 Mok, Great idea!

Damn I gotta buy the Lee back again..........

I'm in if I can redirect the prize to someone deserving if I were to actually win. 

I actually did well in the DW for some reason

Edited by Archie761, 30 September 2015 - 10:22 PM.

SieurPersil #16 Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:18 PM

Knight of the Round Potato

• Players
  • 25048 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postacrisis, on 30 September 2015 - 05:13 PM, said:

If I get this right, only two tanks are eligible and one must be in a casual clan?

Read Caveat 1 again. You can participate if you are not in a clan.......unless the Mok mocks you out......casually

Volunteer Tater Ambassador - Potentate Relationship Manager - Inter Clan Camping Liaison Officer. Knight of the round potato. Information regarding the hamac or our adirondack chairs available. Quote of the moment : "Will focus fire on WriterDude for beer"

Psyberius #17 Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:19 PM

Prestige Worldwide

• Players
  • 29243 battles

Gonna have to repurchase an M3 now... :playing:

"I have come here to kick @$$ and chew bubblegum.

...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Ookla_the_Mok #18 Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:26 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28238 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Postacrisis, on 30 September 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

To clarify: the non-contest is aimed at casual clan members but players that are not in a clan that are casual players can be eligible. Essentially, members of serious clans or mega-clans or affiliated clans are not eligible.

The first three ways to win are valid in any tier 4-7 tank. The fourth condition is limited to the Church GC or M3Lee.

Again, all subject to my judgement.

acrisis #19 Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20500 battles
  • [III]

View PostSieurPersil, on 30 September 2015 - 05:18 PM, said:

Read Caveat 1 again. You can participate if you are not in a clan.......unless the Mok mocks you out......casually

Thank you!

That opening line in #1 rang home too hard, that I missed paragraph two. 

> WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

acrisis #20 Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20500 battles
  • [III]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 30 September 2015 - 05:26 PM, said:

To clarify: the non-contest is aimed at casual clan members but players that are not in a clan that are casual players can be eligible. Essentially, members of serious clans or mega-clans or affiliated clans are not eligible.

The first three ways to win are valid in any tier 4-7 tank. The fourth condition is limited to the Church GC or M3Lee.

Again, all subject to my judgement.

Thanks for clarifying! 

BE  (+)   

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users