• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

pastore123 #81 Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:27 AM

Community Italian Stallion

• Players
  • 20293 battles
  • [LXE]

View Postgffcom, on 02 October 2015 - 03:21 AM, said:

I'm not sure if thats sincere, but just in case it is...

I apologize but it I wasn't being sincere. I have no idea who the author is or have any desire to know at this moment as I have way too many other things going on. I will try to remember and possibly refer back to this post if in the future an occasion arises where I am interested in finding out more.

#FREEPROMPT_N_CRITICAL

RES, NON VERBA 

LoyalEnoughForAnM60

pastore123 #82 Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:28 AM

• Players
  • 20293 battles
  • [LXE]
And to the op, I apologize for derailing. It wasn't my intention.

#FREEPROMPT_N_CRITICAL

RES, NON VERBA 

LoyalEnoughForAnM60

gffcom #83 Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:46 AM

REDACTED

• Players
  • 37323 battles
  • [SRT-]

View Postpastore123, on 02 October 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

Just to let you know. Your art doesn't depict to the ignorants fools such as myself a child pulling off a tough guy with a toy gun look. But in all honesty, it doesn't bother me. I just find it amusing that you seem maybe anti gun (correct me if I'm wrong) and have a profile pic of a kid with a gun. Toy gun or not. For a book or not.

I'm not anti gun at all. I grew up in Texas with hunters and sportsman. I'm anti the political nonsense where any sensible regulation is seen as an affront. Where the issue is turned into a black and white argument of zero regulation on one side and the government coming "take away your guns" on the other. I'm anti the complete lack of a middle ground that gun "activists" seem to have. There is a vast amount of room between zero regulation and taking away your guns. I'm anti the guy who seems to think people losing family members in mass shootings is somehow a valid trade off for not having to deal with the "government interference" of having to fill out a form to register his weapon. I'm anti this nonsense where I'm somehow "anti-gun" and impinging on your constitutional rights for thinking the issue of mass shootings should be addressed

But look, the real issue is that the red team suckles at the teat of the NRA, and too many who root for the red team automatically abdicate any actual intelligent examination of the issue and just take on the NRA fed line that any regulation is unconstitutional and that the answer to all our problems is more guns in more hands. Of course, they are actually lobbyists working for gun manufacturers... they actually write legislation like the various "stand your ground" laws that the bought politicians introduce to their state legislatures, and they do all they can to foster the nonsense which makes actually dealing with the issue of mass shootings a political impossibility. They profit if everyone has an arsenal. And most of all I'm anti the stupid people who can't wrap their heads around this and have the deluded impression that there is some huge threat to their guns in todays America when actually gun laws getting more and more lax every month.

Edited by gffcom, 02 October 2015 - 12:05 PM.

Xs: IS-7, IS-4, FV215b, T110E5, E100, E50M, Obj 140, T-62A, M48A1 Patton, FV4202, Leopard 1, Obj 268

SPARTA 

pastore123 #84 Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:12 PM

• Players
  • 20293 battles
  • [LXE]

View Postgffcom, on 02 October 2015 - 03:46 AM, said:

I'm not anti gun at all. I grew up in Texas with hunters and sportsman. I'm anti the political nonsense where any sensible regulation is seen as an affront. Where the issue is turned into a black and white argument of zero regulation on one side and the government coming "take away your guns" on the other. I'm anti the complete lack of a middle ground that gun "activists" seem to have. There is a vast amount of room between zero regulation and taking away your guns. I'm anti the guy who seems to think people losing family members in mass shootings is somehow a valid trade off for not having to deal with the "government interference" of having to fill out a form to register his weapon. I'm anti this nonsense where I'm somehow "anti-gun" and impinging on your constitutional rights for thinking the issue of mass shootings should be addressed

But look, the real issue is that the red team suckles at the teat of the NRA, and if you root for the red team you automatically abdicate any actual intelligent examination of the issue and just take on the NRA fed line that any regulation is unconstitutional and that the answer to all our problems is more guns in more hands. Of course, they are actually lobbyists working for gun manufacturers... they actually write legislation like the various "stand your ground" laws that the bought politicians introduce to their state legislatures, and they do all they can to foster the nonsense which makes actually dealing with the issue of mass shootings a political impossibility. They profit if everyone has an arsenal. And most of all I'm anti the stupid people who can't wrap their heads around this and have the deluded impression that there is some huge threat to their guns in todays America when actually gun laws getting more and more lax every month.

I feel like you assume I am a republican... Anyway, this topic is already being geared to a debate over gun control by legislative powers. Just like it always happens. Let me say it again, it is not in any way shape or form for any one human being to take the life of another unless he is in fear for his life or that of others. as I stated in another post, I have lost an uncle to in a shooting. I have a cousin who has a metal bar in screwed in his thigh because of a shooting. I'm not even remotely saying that a mass shooting is a trade off. I can't even fathom such a thing. Especially since I have children of my own. I have possibly seen more gun violence in my own family than most others here. And yet, I understand the necessity to be able to protect your family at any cost necessary. You stated that gun laws are getting more lax, you obviously have never lived in California. I guess it's natural to assume that everything is like it is in Texas. At the end of the day, what happened in Oregon is a tragedy. Just like columbine was a tragedy. Now let's gear this same mentality and put the question on deaths per year associated with under the influence drivers. The figures alone are enough for any sane person to say, let's stop the sales of alcohol. But it doesn't ever get brought up. Why is that? What makes the issue of gun related fatalities more important than those caused by wreck less driving under the influence? Where is the uproar?

#FREEPROMPT_N_CRITICAL

RES, NON VERBA 

LoyalEnoughForAnM60

gffcom #85 Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:24 PM

REDACTED

• Players
  • 37323 battles
  • [SRT-]

View Postpastore123, on 02 October 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

I feel like you assume I am a republican... Anyway, this topic is already being geared to a debate over gun control by legislative powers. Just like it always happens. Let me say it again, it is not in any way shape or form for any one human being to take the life of another unless he is in fear for his life or that of others. as I stated in another post, I have lost an uncle to in a shooting. I have a cousin who has a metal bar in screwed in his thigh because of a shooting. I'm not even remotely saying that a mass shooting is a trade off. I can't even fathom such a thing. Especially since I have children of my own. I have possibly seen more gun violence in my own family than most others here. And yet, I understand the necessity to be able to protect your family at any cost necessary. You stated that gun laws are getting more lax, you obviously have never lived in California. I guess it's natural to assume that everything is like it is in Texas. At the end of the day, what happened in Oregon is a tragedy. Just like columbine was a tragedy. Now let's gear this same mentality and put the question on deaths per year associated with under the influence drivers. The figures alone are enough for any sane person to say, let's stop the sales of alcohol. But it doesn't ever get brought up. Why is that? What makes the issue of gun related fatalities more important than those caused by wreck less driving under the influence? Where is the uproar?

I'm not making any assumptions about what you are or what you believe aside from the assumption that you think mass murder is a bad thing. My rant was not aimed at you personally, nor was it an accusation... its just a shame that this issue has become so polarized by vested interests that people make the assumption that I'm anti gun for thinking that the issue of mass shootings are a serious issue and should be dealt with, even if it means regulations are introduced. And its relevant that you bring up driving under the influence. You need a license to drive. You need to pass a written test as well as demonstrate your abilities in front of a tester in order to get a license. Compare that to the ease of getting and using a gun (In fact, I remember California used to have combination Gun/Liquor stores. Maybe they still do). And just an FYI, there is plenty of uproar about drunk driving. Aside from mothers against drunk driving, come to NM where I live now, its talked about endlessly, there are PSAs on TV all the time, and there are DWI checkpoints frequently.

Xs: IS-7, IS-4, FV215b, T110E5, E100, E50M, Obj 140, T-62A, M48A1 Patton, FV4202, Leopard 1, Obj 268

SPARTA 

pastore123 #86 Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:48 PM

• Players
  • 20293 battles
  • [LXE]

View Postgffcom, on 02 October 2015 - 04:24 AM, said:

I'm not making any assumptions about what you are or what you believe aside from the assumption that you think mass murder is a bad thing. My rant was not aimed at you personally, nor was it an accusation... its just a shame that this issue has become so polarized by vested interests that people make the assumption that I'm anti gun for thinking that the issue of mass shootings are a serious issue and should be dealt with, even if it means regulations are introduced. And its relevant that you bring up driving under the influence. You need a license to drive. You need to pass a written test as well as demonstrate your abilities in front of a tester in order to get a license. Compare that to the ease of getting and using a gun (In fact, I remember California used to have combination Gun/Liquor stores. Maybe they still do). And just an FYI, there is plenty of uproar about drunk driving. Aside from mothers against drunk driving, come to NM where I live now, its talked about endlessly, there are PSAs on TV all the time, and there are DWI checkpoints frequently.

I think there could be more of a media coverage on the affects of drinking and driving. Now, I assume you are motioning that anyone who even considers buying a firearm possess a license, correct? This would mean they would have to go to some classes and become educated on firearm safety, mantenence etc. I agree that people should be taught about firearms. In school like they did when my father was attending school. Also, we should as a nation be more focused on helping those with mental disease and getting to the root of most of the mass killings. Back ground checks and all of the other measures one could to propose to increase gun control isn't the real issue. It's mentally ill individuals, not sane people. Who are commiting these horrendous acts. I agree that background checks and education should be done though. And licensing could be a good thing also.

#FREEPROMPT_N_CRITICAL

RES, NON VERBA 

LoyalEnoughForAnM60

tlouie #87 Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9642 battles
  • [TAT]

View PostIOwnTheWorld1994, on 01 October 2015 - 09:59 PM, said:

, we need to re-build our community mental health system and get the kids off the couch and into the real world where they learn proper conflict resolution and not the macho fantasy world of on-line violent games.

Quoted, cause it's spot on.

+1

tlouie #88 Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9642 battles
  • [TAT]

View Postsureshot275, on 01 October 2015 - 10:00 PM, said:

He also said cities with stricter gun laws have a less gun deaths than a cities without, today.

Washington D.C. has the most strict gun laws in the U.S. it also has the highest death by gun violence to population in America.

Are you implying that strict guns laws are causing gun violence in DC? I would suggest an alternative interpretation, that gun violence is so bad in DC, that they passed strict gun laws in an attempt to fight the violence.

gffcom #89 Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:08 PM

REDACTED

• Players
  • 37323 battles
  • [SRT-]

View Postpastore123, on 02 October 2015 - 12:48 PM, said:

I think there could be more of a media coverage on the affects of drinking and driving. Now, I assume you are motioning that anyone who even considers buying a firearm possess a license, correct? This would mean they would have to go to some classes and become educated on firearm safety, mantenence etc. I agree that people should be taught about firearms. In school like they did when my father was attending school. Also, we should as a nation be more focused on helping those with mental disease and getting to the root of most of the mass killings. Back ground checks and all of the other measures one could to propose to increase gun control isn't the real issue. It's mentally ill individuals, not sane people. Who are commiting these horrendous acts. I agree that background checks and education should be done though. And licensing could be a good thing also.

All very sensible, but sadly I've become cynical. I think our legislatures have been bought by vested interests, and these special interests will use their political influence and marketing skills to block any sensible attempts at a solution. Nothing will be done, and we will have this same conversation next month... Just like we had it last month when the guy shot up the movie theatre in Louisiana. 

SPARTA 

pastore123 #90 Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:14 PM

• Players
  • 20293 battles
  • [LXE]

View Postgffcom, on 02 October 2015 - 05:08 AM, said:

All very sensible, but sadly I've become cynical. I think our legislatures have been bought by vested interests, and these special interests will use their political influence and marketing skills to block any sensible attempts at a solution. Nothing will be done, and we will have this same conversation next month... Just like we had it last month when the guy shot up the movie theatre in Louisiana. 

Yes, this is quite unfortunate. But that's how it goes on any social issue. I must apologize to you for how I came off at first, I thought you were trying to be rude and responded in a sarcastic manner.after delving into this issue a little more, I see that we aren't as different as I thought at the beginning.

#FREEPROMPT_N_CRITICAL

RES, NON VERBA 

LoyalEnoughForAnM60

pastore123 #91 Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:23 PM

• Players
  • 20293 battles
  • [LXE]

View Posttlouie, on 02 October 2015 - 04:57 AM, said:

Are you implying that strict guns laws are causing gun violence in DC? I would suggest an alternative interpretation, that gun violence is so bad in DC, that they passed strict gun laws in an attempt to fight the violence.

does this rationale include Chicago also? 

#FREEPROMPT_N_CRITICAL

RES, NON VERBA 

LoyalEnoughForAnM60

PRIMO412 #92 Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:57 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27055 battles
  • [-DD-]
I wouldn't believe a word of what corperate media reports. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users