Clan Self-Policing

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Reporting Member Behavior to Clans (43 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Is it OK to report green positions to the red team

1. Yes (3 votes [6.98%])

Percentage of vote: 6.98%

2. No (40 votes [93.02%])

Percentage of vote: 93.02%

Is it OK to report players that do to their clans?

1. Yes (40 votes [93.02%])

Percentage of vote: 93.02%

2. No (3 votes [6.98%])

Percentage of vote: 6.98%

Should clan leaders take action or respond to such reporting within the clan?

1. Yes (23 votes [53.49%])

Percentage of vote: 53.49%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Depends on situation (20 votes [46.51%])

Percentage of vote: 46.51%

Vote Hide poll

moistparrot #1 Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17081 battles

I have had two recent experiences of green team members reporting green positions on global chat in-game. Both are in well known clans on this forum. IMO that is uncalled for under any circumstance, even if the player be exposed is an idiot. In these cases, they were not and in fact did a lot of carrying in the game but just did not do what the clan member was directing them to. There was absolutely no justification exposing their position to the reds. These were Tier X games. One instance was me, the other another player. 

The questions is, even though this is a violation of the EULA, reporting it is pretty useless I suspect. I do wonder though, is reporting it to their clan leader worthwhile? If I was a clan leader, especially a well known and respected clan, I would want to know if one of my members was acting in such a way. But perhaps it would just be seen as a petty snipe and they would say f*ck off. I don't care if another play rages at me in game chat but giving away positions is a real violation of game ethics if you truly enjoy this game and respect other players.

Thoughts?

P.S. I did let the clan leader know a member was giving away positions in game, I did not get a response yet. 

Turd___Ferguson #2 Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:50 PM

3.8 Wrecked Blitz

• Players
  • 35903 battles
  • [0081]

People shouldn't do it. The only exception is afk. I would expect that if a member of my clan engaged in such activity they would have some consequences. Being positive members of the community is part of our goal. 

The phantom of the forums

“No dumb bastard ever won a war by going out and dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb bastard die for his country.” - George S. Patton

I don't always eat tacos, but when I do they're from here: http://www.districttaco.com

af24snipes #3 Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10877 battles
While not a member of a well-known clan, I can definitely say that even for AFK players, I cringe when people give positions away. It's stupid how a player will be mad that their team for their mistakes, then not even give their own team a chance at winning.

MRobertsRCS #4 Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:02 PM

Supreme Fettuccini

• Players
  • 30130 battles
  • [501DV]

You should report it to the clan leadership (PM or the like) and let them take action.  I would hope that most clans would frown on this behavior, I know we do.  In some cases the leadership might not take immediate action, but if several cases are reported I'm sure they would.

It does depend on the situation.  Some goofing off in tier I might lead to a verbal discussion, but a tier X match is much more serious.

As Terd___Ferguson said, being positive members of the community is part of our goal. +1

My E4 has a cup holder            

mike82198 #5 Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39161 battles
  • [CRATE]
How could any of the above actions by you be non-OK? Do as your conscience guides you.

What's the worst thing that could happen, people who approve of behavior that you condone might dislike you? I do believe, incidentally, that WG bans people who break these rules if given a screenshot. It's difficult to get those now, but I suppose that the eventual introduction of Replays will change behaviors. 

Edited by mike82198, 02 October 2015 - 02:11 PM.

hatedfate #6 Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:19 PM

Reality continues to ruin my life.

• Players
  • 27686 battles
  • [RGN]
the thing is, most people dont have a conscience(or just don't care) or they're just too mad about it.  

hatedfate #7 Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:24 PM

• Players
  • 27686 battles
  • [RGN]

View Postmike82198, on 02 October 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

How could any of the above actions by you be non-OK? Do as your conscience guides you.

What's the worst thing that could happen, people who approve of behavior that you condone might dislike you? I do believe, incidentally, that WG bans people who break these rules if given a screenshot. It's difficult to get those now, but I suppose that the eventual introduction of Replays will change behaviors. 

I also don't think there will be replays.. just way too much space unless its give you an option in the results screen that ask you if you want to save the replay or not. who knows just my opinion

cheasesteak #8 Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19749 battles
  • [COD-R]

View Postaf24snipes, on 02 October 2015 - 02:00 PM, said:

While not a member of a well-known clan, I can definitely say that even for AFK players, I cringe when people give positions away. It's stupid how a player will be mad that their team for their mistakes, then not even give their own team a chance at winning.

Telling the position of an AFK when it is the only tank left is a courtesy.  It lets everyone get the match over so that we can get back to fighting. It isn't done out of anger at the AFK player.  I don't see why anyone has a problem with this. 

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

_PrayingMantis #9 Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:40 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16058 battles

View Posthatedfate, on 02 October 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

I also don't think there will be replays.. just way too much space unless its give you an option in the results screen that ask you if you want to save the replay or not. who knows just my opinion

These are all replay files. They are not big whatsoever.

Edited by _ButterBoi, 02 October 2015 - 02:41 PM.

_PrayingMantis #10 Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:41 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16058 battles

View PostTurd___Ferguson, on 02 October 2015 - 09:50 AM, said:

Being positive members of the community is part of our goal.

I also find this post funny, coming from you at least. Considering you LOVE to cuss out KRIEG and tell us how bad we are.

Edited by _ButterBoi, 02 October 2015 - 02:42 PM.

hatedfate #11 Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:52 PM

• Players
  • 27686 battles
  • [RGN]

View Post_ButterBoi, on 02 October 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

These are all replay files. They are not big whatsoever.

sry But i do mine in 1080 hd. takes about 100 mb for each 5 min.

Delta256 #12 Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10086 battles
  • [IMPR]

View Posthatedfate, on 02 October 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

sry But i do mine in 1080 hd. takes about 100 mb for each 5 min.

Well, replays aren't video files, they're a set of instructions the game uses to simulate the match again. It records whatr inputs each player uses, and doesn't save anything as a video. That's why you can pause and move the camera in a replay.

I sometimes drive Warships too.

hatedfate #13 Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:00 PM

• Players
  • 27686 battles
  • [RGN]

View PostDelta256, on 02 October 2015 - 02:54 PM, said:

Well, replays aren't video files, they're a set of instructions the game uses to simulate the match again. It records whatr inputs each player uses, and doesn't save anything as a video. That's why you can pause and move the camera in a replay.

hur I just create a video who knows? mer

DadNeedsADrink #14 Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:18 PM

World's Okayest Dad

• Players
  • 40320 battles
  • [III]

View Postcheasesteak, on 02 October 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

Telling the position of an AFK when it is the only tank left is a courtesy.  It lets everyone get the match over so that we can get back to fighting. It isn't done out of anger at the AFK player.  I don't see why anyone has a problem with this. 

Agreed on this. Unless time is running out and there's a chance that the the AFK will earn you a draw, reporting the AFK just ends the battle faster and allows everyone to use those tanks sooner.

Nevertheless, I will say one thing... I'm tempted (I won't admit to this) to rat out any player who blatantly hid all game with the likely objective of completing a mission, receiving a medal, or keeping a streak alive (survivor/invincible) to the detriment of the team. If there were 13 tanks at the Windmill in Winter Malinovka and a full strength heavy hiding behind a barn by the downed plane, he deserves to go down hard.

Edited by DadNeedsADrink, 02 October 2015 - 03:19 PM.

Kaylis_Tzu #15 Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:26 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14289 battles
  • [GRIM]
I have reported every player that has given away a position of their team (even a red once). This kind of thing has no place in the game and will not stop until addressed by some means. I know at least once a player received a ban because the messaged me (funny convo). I grab a screen shot, send a ticket and depending on how egregious I drop a note to both the clan leader and deputies (one time they had 90% deputies). 

Edited by Kaylis_Tzu, 02 October 2015 - 03:27 PM.

"Blitz is a game governed by the aggressive use of force." - Kaylis Tzu

"It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it." - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

CptCheez #16 Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:35 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View Postcheasesteak, on 02 October 2015 - 10:26 AM, said:

Gotta disagree.  Telling the position of ANY team member to the enemy team is a violation of the very clearly stated game rules.  There is no exception in the Rules for AFK players.  

AFK or not, don't do it.

4. Inappropriate conduct in game / Fair play principles

The following actions are prohibited in game:

4.05. Intentionally informing participants of the opposing team through battle, or voice chat, the location of vehicles belonging to players of the same team.

Edited by CptCheez, 02 October 2015 - 03:36 PM.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

_Meta #17 Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19443 battles
  • [SRT-]

View PostKaylis_Tzu, on 02 October 2015 - 10:26 AM, said:

I have reported every player that has given away a position of their team (even a red once). This kind of thing has no place in the game and will not stop until addressed by some means. I know at least once a player received a ban because the messaged me (funny convo). I grab a screen shot, send a ticket and depending on how egregious I drop a note to both the clan leader and deputies (one time they had 90% deputies). 

Agreed. I never ever do it. If you wanna move on to the next battle, hit exit and grab another tank. 

At work my wifi can be spotty some days. I've had days when it'll drop and the only thing I can do to fix it is completely close blitz and reset the wifi. it may take me 1-2 minutes. I've had a couple games (not many) where I finally got it back and it's maybe just me or me and one other guy. Had I been called out they might have found me at spawn already. I've seen guys "wake up" and win you the game. 

Bottom line.....Don't do it...It's bush league. Stuff happens. Yeah maybe they started a game and then dropped it to do something else. We don't know because we are not sitting in the room with them. 

"It's a fool that goes into battle and doesn't use every tool at his disposal. If you ever catch yourself in a "fair" fight, you deserve to lose."-- Meta

moistparrot #18 Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17081 battles

Agreed on the AFK. Should have added that as a caveat to the poll. Thanks for the responses. 

I don't relish the idea of 'telling' on other players but I think it is necessary to try and keep that from happening and also, its a courtesy to clans if they care at all about recruitment or such. I have not joined a clan yet but I can tell you seeing that kind of stuff is not a big selling point.

furicle #19 Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:44 PM

Tuber or not tuber...

• Players
  • 47425 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postcheasesteak, on 02 October 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

Yeah, but...  If a draw is still possible I don't think you should.  Make them earn that win.

A note as well, I've seen people give a wrong location both with and without smileys to make it obvious....

_______  __  _____      
  / __/ _ \/ / / / _ \
 _\ \/ ___/ /_/ / // /
/___/_/   \____/____/

Prammo comes naturally to a golden russet...

stealth_mashu #20 Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:05 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 68344 battles
  • [MASHU]
Should be reported to Clan leadership I think..so they can get the discipline and direction they deserve..

[MASHU] TEAMSPEAK  mashu.teamspeak3.com:3736  come visit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users