• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

alexbuildit #1 Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 17553 battles
  • [501ST]
Here's some 2.2 CWG content. Enjoy!

Edited by alexbuildit, 05 October 2015 - 10:21 PM.

Youtube Channel: ALEXBUILDIT PRODUCTIONS

Leader of the 501st, Pm for details.  

_aura #2 Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 935 battles
Nice map overview! For some strange reason, your voice reminds me of Steve from Blues Clues...

APaperTiger #3 Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:27 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18101 battles

Thank you for the sneak peek, Alexbuildit!

Wargaming: PLEASE stop eliminating cool sniping positions from our maps. I understand that Oasis Palms had too many draws (I read that as "too many people drive slow tanks," but whatever) but NOT EVERY map needs to be a wild terrain of hills, dunes, rocks, and buildings. Not all of us drive medium tanks! Not all maps need to cater to circling mediums and brawling heavies!

• Old Rockfield had bushes, so it was a light tank and TD playground. Now mediums and heavies rule the roost. Who needs scouts when you can just SEE the red tanks from 250m away?
  • Old Oasis Palms was MADE for light tanks to earn Scout and Patrol Duty medals. It was MADE for TDs to earn Top Gun and Radley-Walters's Medals. Now the epic corner dunes are gone, as are the EPIC 600m kill shots.
  • Current Desert Sands offers TDs AMAZING long-distance shots and forces mediums to risk the edge trench if they want to cross the desert. New Desert Sands sounds as if the sniping positions are gone and it's yet-another hull-down mid-range dueling area. Don't we already HAVE maps for that?

I love that you guys are still working on old maps to freshen them up. But there are FOUR classes of tank in this game. You just rolled out a whole tree branch full of British TDs….and now you're taking away some of the best TD sniping perches?

_bel #4 Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:44 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15081 battles
  • [SRT]
Hmmmm I dunno... Have to wait to see how it plays..

Edited by _bel, 05 October 2015 - 07:45 AM.

pm beefhat for custom clan sigs

Gib_Savages #5 Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27924 battles
Nice walk through. So much easier to get a sense of it at ground level.

HanYOL0 #6 Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:17 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15603 battles
  • [III-Z]

View PostAPaperTiger, on 04 October 2015 - 11:27 PM, said:

Wargaming: PLEASE stop eliminating cool sniping positions from our maps. I understand that Oasis Palms had too many draws (I read that as "too many people drive slow tanks," but whatever) but NOT EVERY map needs to be a wild terrain of hills, dunes, rocks, and buildings. Not all of us drive medium tanks! Not all maps need to cater to circling mediums and brawling heavies!

• Old Rockfield had bushes, so it was a light tank and TD playground. Now mediums and heavies rule the roost. Who needs scouts when you can just SEE the red tanks from 250m away?
  • Old Oasis Palms was MADE for light tanks to earn Scout and Patrol Duty medals. It was MADE for TDs to earn Top Gun and Radley-Walters's Medals. Now the epic corner dunes are gone, as are the EPIC 600m kill shots.
  • Current Desert Sands offers TDs AMAZING long-distance shots and forces mediums to risk the edge trench if they want to cross the desert. New Desert Sands sounds as if the sniping positions are gone and it's yet-another hull-down mid-range dueling area. Don't we already HAVE maps for that?

I love that you guys are still working on old maps to freshen them up. But there are FOUR classes of tank in this game. You just rolled out a whole tree branch full of British TDs….and now you're taking away some of the best TD sniping perches?

Gotta say, I agree with much of this. I dislike the changes made to Rockfield and I'm on the fence about the changes to Oasis Palms and now Desert Sands. TDs seem to have been forgotten in the game. 

Community Pledge Signer

evil00genius #7 Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:34 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38151 battles
  • [III-X]
Have to agree with the sentiment here.  I too am sick of maps being flattened out and turned into a playground for medium drivers.  Just because they don't know what they are doing and drive a weak tank does not mean that all terrain needs to be altered to cater to their lack of ability. ;)

mike82198 #8 Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:07 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39227 battles
  • [CRATE]
Looks much better. This map has been lemming train to desert for months now, because town was worthless. With the crescent, a better protected cap and the two new entries into town from desert we may finally see some variety. It was getting painfully dull. 

I definitely needed this map flattened to offset my inability to take out predictable TD campers. Thank you WG for catering to this noob's limitations.

Edited by mike82198, 05 October 2015 - 10:10 AM.

CalmSeasQuest #9 Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:22 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 62748 battles
  • [DD]
Thanks for the preview Alex. Overall, I think I like the changes. It will probably keep heavies and those without stellar gun depression in town more often.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

https://www.blitzsta.../1009432656.png

forwhomtheshelltolls #10 Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9671 battles

Another map changed to help mediums. Great. :sceptic:

As always, thanks for the preview!  :B

CalmSeasQuest #11 Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:49 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 62748 battles
  • [DD]

View Postforwhomtheshelltolls, on 05 October 2015 - 06:42 AM, said:

Another map changed to help mediums. Great. :sceptic:

As always, thanks for the preview!  :B

I agree the desert is a huge win for Meds, but the changes to town clearly benefit heavies. I'm looking forward to side-scraping my trusty Maus through town with all the new building placements and the removal of the TD sniping spots.

Edited by CalmSeasQuest, 05 October 2015 - 02:44 PM.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

https://www.blitzsta.../1009432656.png

christian1470 #12 Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39203 battles

View PostAPaperTiger, on 05 October 2015 - 02:27 AM, said:

I fell the same. Next they will flatten dead rail. No one will play tds, specially slow ones, if they keep this up. How about NEW maps? The old ones are fine as is, add variety, instead of work overtime to make all the maps the same. 

acrisis #13 Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]

Thanks for the preview.

Suspicions confirmed that another map is giving TDs the short straw. WG seems bent on flat maps with a bunch of hills. Might just have to stop trying to get some TDs and trade in what TDs I have for mediums. If you can't brawl with your team AT style with loads of frontal armor, forget it. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

CptCheez #14 Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:28 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles
Whaaaaat?  Where's the footage I gave you of the T2 Light taking a ramp with Speed Boost?? :izmena:

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

jdm7 #15 Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:43 PM

60% of the time, it works every time

• Players
  • 25938 battles
  • [501DV]

Nice video guys! I share the same sentiment as others, looks like more fun for heavies in town and especially for the meds in the hills (yay British gun depression). Sadly we'll lose at least one noob teammate per battle looking to go dukes of hazard on that ramp.  :D

I'm a little on the fence on the TD end.  I will miss using the classic sniper spots with my Russian camo, but when that happened in the other reworked sand map I started learning to be better secondary support closer to the front lines, and still be a good contributor...

[Garage: E100, FV215b, FV215b (183), FV4202, M48 Patton, IS-4, IS-7, Jagdpanzer E100, Obj. 140, Obj. 263, Obj. 268, T110E4, T110E5, T57, Centurion 7/1, M46 Patton, T30, IS-3 Defender, IS-5, IS-6, KV-5, Lowe, T49, T26E4, T-54 ltwt, AT-15A, SU-122-44, T23E3, T-34-85 Rudy, Type 62 Dragon, Cromwell B, Pz. Kpfw. IV Schmalturm, SU-100Y, T-34-85 Victory, Fury, Angry Connor, M4A2E4 Sherman, Pz. Kpfw. IV hydrostat, Ram II, T-25, A-20, Valentine II, BT-7 artillery, FCM 36 Pak 40, Pz. Kpfw. S35 739 (f), SU-76i, T-15, Type 98 Ke-Ni Otsu, Pz. Kpfw. 38H 735(f), T2 Light, Tetrarch]

"The Problem will solve itself in time"

WMd76 #16 Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:47 PM

Why Am I Never On The Red Team?

• Players
  • 36994 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View PostAPaperTiger, on 05 October 2015 - 02:27 AM, said:

They're almost ruining the maps, I honestly don't even know why they even need to rework this map, it's not unbalenced from a single spawn, I find copperfield needs reworking not this map, if you spawn on the high ground of copperfield and your whole team rushes hill, 90% chance you'll win, even with horrible teams

3 Years of happiness is what blitz brought to me

What Has It Done For You?

(I support +2/-2)

pgrass101 #17 Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:56 PM

YOLO King

• Players
  • 37960 battles
  • [III-Z]

Nice video, are the sandbags destroyable?

I would like to more about obstacles and cover.

Thanks guys just hints for future videos

jrock651 #18 Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6241 battles
Great job commander!:honoring:

Trust me I'm the doctor. Respect to anyone who gets the reference.

Garage: FURY, T110E5, Löwe, T34, T2 Light, TOG II*, Su-100Y, Pz 38H, M3 Light, and Type 59.

"Untutored courage is useless in the face of educated bullets." George S. Patton.

someguyfromPitt #19 Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:34 PM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 48759 battles
  • [III]

Nice video. 

Ill be using the ramps for lots of jumps. 

Too bad bad you couldn't jump back and forth on both sides. Bo & Duke called and want a confederate flag on a T-20 for this map. While your at it, paint it orange. 

Tier 10's: FV 183, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57, M48, IS-4, IS-7, T-62a, Obj 140, Grille, BätChät 

There is only one TD and 183 is her name. 

I drive Joseph Stallon (IS) tanks for the win.

ahredstealth #20 Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:47 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postmike82198, on 05 October 2015 - 04:07 AM, said:

Looks much better. This map has been lemming train to desert for months now, because town was worthless. With the crescent, a better protected cap and the two new entries into town from desert we may finally see some variety. It was getting painfully dull. 

I definitely needed this map flattened to offset my inability to take out predictable TD campers. Thank you WG for catering to this noob's limitations.

Agreed.  I enjoyed the desert area in a fast medium.  The town where you went and humped a building in a heavy trading bounces until a TD finished climbing the hill and then kemper-blasted his way to victory unless a medium snuck around the outside and spotted him was... well...  blah.

Now it looks like there will be multiple ways to approach through the town, the desert fun is still there, and TDs will have to do more then climb a hill and cop a squat.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users