KV-3 vs IS

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Palooka_Joe #21 Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:52 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16453 battles

I went through the IS at the start of the year and remember it being a fun, mobile tank. It was pretty easy to pull out some big damage especially when top tier. Now that I'm working through the IS-4 line, I'm just about ready to let go of my KV-3 so I've got pretty recent experience with both. I'd say you have to base it on desired play style. IS is far more mobile so would probably suit your medium style tastes better but once fully upgraded and you've got side scrapping down the KV-3 is a game carrying beast. I also find I can hold my own far better in the KV when I'm low tier in a match and can hold the line against most higher tiers. Also have to say I'm much happier to see an IS on the enemy team rather than another KV-3 as I don't find the IS intimidating anymore.

I thought I remembered hearing that the IS had been nerfed in a recent update. I only noticed as I swear my stats on that tank have been changing from dark green to blue recently. Would this be based on tank averages dropping? If so, it's either due to a recent nerfing or the lack of depth in the player pool lately as I haven't owned the tank in months.

BootlegTampico #22 Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:54 AM

"LGoW" --Random Pub

• Players
  • 22672 battles
  • [-OHM-]

View PostDerf19, on 10 October 2015 - 10:31 PM, said:

shawk i respectfully disagree. You dont even have a tier ten from either line so how can you comment on either. Cmon now!

The picture for one ;) Look at the angle for the IS-4! I do wish the IS-7 had the same gun, but when the 'heavy-heavy' line weighs less, is slower, and has worse armor, it just doesn't work out. Not to mention the Lower glacis on the IS-7 is less of a weakspot than the IS-4's. IS-4's frontal armor is a joke, and to say anything to the contrary is cognitive inertia.

Clan War Discord Server youtube Join the Legion

I would love for Wargaming to succeed, and I will push for success until I'm gone or Blitz is. 

BootlegTampico #23 Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:56 AM

"LGoW" --Random Pub

• Players
  • 22672 battles
  • [-OHM-]

View PostPalooka_Joe, on 10 October 2015 - 10:52 PM, said:

I thought I remembered hearing that the IS had been nerfed in a recent update..

The IS, KV-3, and T29 all got hard nerfs.

I would love for Wargaming to succeed, and I will push for success until I'm gone or Blitz is. 

Palooka_Joe #24 Posted 11 October 2015 - 05:24 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16453 battles
Oh I see. Well I guess thankfully the KV-3 was nerfed before I got to it. That has to suck having a tanks specs drop while you're grinding it. I still like it though.

Shadow__Lugia #25 Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:54 AM

Let the salt flow

• Players
  • 61872 battles
  • [DEF_6]
Well shawk, the last thing I'll have to say is that the is-7 was buffed last patch so yeah...

Ksftwe #26 Posted 11 October 2015 - 09:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26250 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostShawk_91, on 11 October 2015 - 12:54 AM, said:

The picture for one ;) Look at the angle for the IS-4! I do wish the IS-7 had the same gun, but when the 'heavy-heavy' line weighs less, is slower, and has worse armor, it just doesn't work out. Not to mention the Lower glacis on the IS-7 is less of a weakspot than the IS-4's. IS-4's frontal armor is a joke, and to say anything to the contrary is cognitive inertia.

Armor inspector is inaccurate a lot. And the IS-4's armor is not that flimsy when angled, trust me. With a good player, the IS-4 is a far better tank than the IS-7. It can abuse sidescraping and angling like a boss, and hold entire lines with its turret/hp pool. Ask any DECENT player on their opinion (not just some random pubbie you find in an IS-tank). I guarantee you the results will lean toward the IS-4.

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

Niikemi_MKIV #27 Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:08 PM

20% accurate, as usual

• Players
  • 17242 battles
  • [ONE]

The KV-3 welcomes you to the hot-salted world of sidescraping heroes, his reinforced side armor(do I need to mention the turret...?) makes it perfect to hold a line while the meds flank!:izmena:

IS has less armor, but has a good mobility overall(the IS-8 can keep up with medium tanks for example) but please don't use it to flank if that's not your team's only choice...the accuracy on both tanks is...Russian...so yeah, you get the picture!:D

If you like fast-moving justice machines, go for IS(which has more of an agressive playstyle), if you like playing defensive and keep the enemy on your td's line of fire(or hold and wait for the meds to flank) the KV-3 is the one for you mate!:P

Btw... I'd say the IS-4 has a way better armor profile than the IS-7...to prove it:

"It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly, and forge one's own path..."

BootlegTampico #28 Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:53 PM

"LGoW" --Random Pub

• Players
  • 22672 battles
  • [-OHM-]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users