Round the Corner Ghost Shot

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

_TheBull_ #1 Posted 18 October 2015 - 01:54 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14784 battles
I've noticed that when you go around a corner in zoom mode to hit a tank, the reticle will be lined up with the tank and if you snap off a shot too quickly, you experience a ghost shell.  Nothing.  I've asked a few people and they seem to have the same issue.  If you pause a second around the corner, it works fine but that means you take hits.  This is not a general complaint about ghost shells.... Just this one specific circumstance where it happens frequently.

Squib919 #2 Posted 18 October 2015 - 02:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15431 battles
Are you certain your hand/eye coordination is not the problem? 

Steeby141 #3 Posted 18 October 2015 - 03:54 PM

Loyal M60 Owner

• Players
  • 45368 battles
  • [STEEB]
Do you mean the shell hits the building when it looks like it should hit the target? If so, then I agree it has happened to me. I guess the building blocked the shot?

_TheBull_ #4 Posted 18 October 2015 - 07:20 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14784 battles

View PostSquib919, on 18 October 2015 - 02:17 PM, said:

Are you certain your hand/eye coordination is not the problem? 

Pretty sure I know how to go around a corner with my hands over my eyes.... So no.  That's not it.

witwhat #5 Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:32 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15010 battles

This is nothing new any FPS type situation, and my guess is it will also happen if you were not zoomed it. I could go into all the technical internet stuff about how everything is spit into packets and then reassembles and whatnot, but I won't.

When you are driving, your screen is probably about 0.1-0.25 seconds ahead of what the server and what everyone else sees. Now when you fire, it is probably sent in a completely separate packet to the server saying "hey, this person fired". So while on your screen, you are already around the corner, on the server, you may not be around the corner when the command to fire is received, therefore you fire into the building. Have you ever lagged out and noticed that you will not be able to move, but you can still turn your turret and fire? Its kind of the same thing only in reverse.

(I'm bad with words, I'm sorry if the above doesn't make sense)

All that said, I have noticed the same thing with the most recent update, at least to a greater extent than before. While annoying, its is not game changing and am adapting to it as we speak. I don't know if it is a programming issue, or if it is a server issue or whatnot and I hope it is fixed with the next update so I can play "peek-a-boom" more effectively again.

The Dork has Spoken!

I'm still a noob, but my luck has changed. Yours can to.

Don't stress about stats. Enjoy the game!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users