Modern Militaries of the World

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

Poll: Modern Militaries of the World (37 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do you like this idea?

1. YES! (27 votes [72.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.97%

2. Umm...sure whatever. (9 votes [24.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.32%

3. Oh God no... (1 vote [2.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

Which nation would you like me to report on first?

1. America! Land of the Free, Home of the Brave, Baby! (9 votes [24.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.32%

2. Russia! We eat Americans for breakfast...and lunch...and dinner...and dessert. (15 votes [40.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.54%

3. South Korea! The Tiger Nation! The Land of the Morning Calm! (5 votes [13.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.51%

4. Israel! God's people, always kicking butt. (7 votes [18.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.92%

5. United Kingdom! God save the Queen...and destroy our enemies. (1 vote [2.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

Vote Hide poll

BearHawkMan #41 Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7711 battles
  • [DFNT]

I may not be a military enthusiast, but I do know politics, economics, and history kinda well. I would like to clear 1 thing up. We will NEVER go to war with China or Russia. It is not worth it for either country! Russia will not go to war with us, because we have the whole of the UN on our side, which has France, Japan, Britain, Germany and other first world countries with powerful militarized in it. We would not go to war with China either because too many countries in the world rely on their products. Their communism is what makes them so efficient, if we were to come in and bring in Unions and stuff, production would slow DRASTICALLY from China, INFURIATING the CEOs and the Board of the companies that own factories there. The US would then have an even worse public image then we already have. If we declared war on China or Russia, we would immediately have all sorts of sanctions and restrictions put on us, in order to avoid a massive war that would ultimately end in millions of deaths.

I would like to clear something up about Obama. I know this is a really touchy subject, and I would like to say I am only a teenager, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I am also not affiliated with either party or leaning to any party, I think they are both stupid and slow. Now, Obama had a [edited]country when he came into office. Kinda like my generation, we have to clean up what our grandparents and parents created before us, now Obama has to clean up what Bush did, what Clinton did, what the other Bush did, etc. He has done the best he can. Yes, a lot of people say "oh he's cutting spending on F18s to help fat people", which is partly true. America is in some deep [edited]. We, for some reason, have to go help every country that needs help. We should not have had to into Iraq and Afghanistan. You know how much it has cost us? It is to cost us around 6 TRILLION dollars. That is 35% of our current debt. 35%. I recently read in the economist that the entire Warthog fleet of around 250 warthogs is to be scrapped, which is estimated to save only 7 billion dollars. Only 7 billion. We would be better off making warthogs than anything. They are THE BEST close-range support aircraft for infantry troops. They are to be replaced by F-15s and B-1 bombers, which the govt says is much cheaper (maybe) and as effective (yeah right). Now, back to Obama, he has done a good job, even though he still has a log way to go. Congress isn't helping either. Congress has failed to pass a single bill in months. Guess why? Because most of them are republican. Wait wait that came out wrong. I meant because they are of the other party. What I mean, is that is a republican was in office and congress was democrats, the same thing would be happening.

A bit of history for you all. I studied American History this year, and I learned a hell of a lot. Washington stated in his farewall address that if our govt split, we couldn't survive, kinda like what Lincoln said years later. The point is, our government was made for there to be 1 party, if you could even call it a party. I really don't think that would matter, because there would definitely be arguing today even if we are in 1 party pm cause people gonna argue. In fact, when the govt first split, things were pretty good. It was at first "Federalists" and "Democratic-Republicans". Federalists believed in an industrial society, and The Demo-Repubs believed in an agricultural society. The balance was nice, their were great, big, trading cities in the north, and the South focused on agriculture. We were kind of in sync, the south needed the economy from the north as well as their goods, while the north needed the south's food. Then civil war happened, go read about that. Now, our parties are terrible. I got completely off track, but I kinds got back to the point, Our government is stupid, but smart enough not to go to war with countries that are too necessary for our WORLD'S peace. k bye kids keep arguing about who has pointier sticks.

YouTube: Here | Old Sig: Here

Come watch me play video games LIVE at twitch.tv/bearhawkman

BearHawkMan #42 Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7711 battles
  • [DFNT]

View PostTwistedMetal_1, on 17 August 2014 - 09:38 PM, said:

The U.S military decimated and obliterated obsolete Russian hardware all over the sands of Iraq! Our stealth technology was the straw that broke the camels back! Communism was defeated with out even one shot fired! The thugs that you see today...Kim J Un, Putin and those D bags in the Middle East would be wiped clean if we wanted them gone! And since you brought up picking on small countries I guess Ukrain doesn't count when Putin and the rest of the Russian mafia are doing the pushing right? Or shooting down civilian aircraft? All thugs!! The American military is battle tested and proven!  

Communism is still around in china, and russia isn't truly communist. They follow Marxism-Leninism (I wonder who started it). Look up the difference between the two.

Epicwinner21 #43 Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:18 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1754 battles

View PostBearHawkMan, on 18 August 2014 - 12:14 AM, said:

Communism is still around in china, and russia isn't truly communist. They follow Marxism-Leninism (I wonder who started it). Look up the difference between the two.

I'm just going off what i think here but i think leninism is a for lack of a better word weaker communism that what true communism was established to be correct me if i'm wrong.*

*Ok i just read up one was economic revolution one was political.  True communism wanted to watch capitalism fall while leninism wanted to crush capitalism 

Edited by Epicwinner21, 18 August 2014 - 07:23 AM.

Blitz beta Tester 

The rare Canadian 

I'm pretty trash at this game

Integrity125 #44 Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:36 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3404 battles

GUYS.

Let's keep politics out of this thread.

And talk about militaries.

And we can theorize even if something is unrealistic.

Thank you.

So it looks like America and Russia are the favorites lol...they're the more boring ones...all well. Saving the best for last I see? I'm going to wait until there's a more decisive difference between America and Russia before I decide which one to do first.

Class II Closed Beta Tester

Community Pledge Signer

Tier Xs: IS-7. I know I know. I'm working on getting more.

"The object of a fight is not to win. It is to give your opponent no choice but to lose."

gffcom #45 Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:54 AM

REDACTED

• Players
  • 37323 battles
  • [SRT-]
The crazy is strong in this thread 

Xs: IS-7, IS-4, FV215b, T110E5, E100, E50M, Obj 140, T-62A, M48A1 Patton, FV4202, Leopard 1, Obj 268

SPARTA 

Epicwinner21 #46 Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:56 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1754 battles

View Postgffcom, on 18 August 2014 - 12:54 AM, said:

The crazy is strong in this thread 

indeed popcorn? :popcorn::popcorn:

Blitz beta Tester 

The rare Canadian 

I'm pretty trash at this game

BearHawkMan #47 Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7711 battles
  • [DFNT]

View PostEpicwinner21, on 18 August 2014 - 12:18 AM, said:

I'm just going off what i think here but i think leninism is a for lack of a better word weaker communism that what true communism was established to be correct me if i'm wrong.*

*Ok i just read up one was economic revolution one was political.  True communism wanted to watch capitalism fall while leninism wanted to crush capitalism 

yeh

gffcom #48 Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:04 AM

REDACTED

• Players
  • 37323 battles
  • [SRT-]

View PostGenClint10, on 18 August 2014 - 05:11 AM, said:

however i respect also everyone's opinions except for any democrat opinion or decison.

So basically... you respect anybody's opinion if it agrees with yours? And the content of the opinion is less relevant than the source? 

I don't even know how to talk to people like this....

Xs: IS-7, IS-4, FV215b, T110E5, E100, E50M, Obj 140, T-62A, M48A1 Patton, FV4202, Leopard 1, Obj 268

SPARTA 

Integrity125 #49 Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3404 battles

View Postgffcom, on 18 August 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

So basically... you respect anybody's opinion if it agrees with yours? And the content of the opinion is less relevant than the source? 

I don't even know how to talk to people like this....

Let it go , bro

Class II Closed Beta Tester

Community Pledge Signer

Tier Xs: IS-7. I know I know. I'm working on getting more.

"The object of a fight is not to win. It is to give your opponent no choice but to lose."

charlie9797 #50 Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5703 battles
People like Gen make republicans look bad... :(

T2 Light =  T34T18 = T82 = M36 Jackson = Pz.38(t) nA = Tiger (P)  = E50=  E75 = Jagdtiger M3 Lend Lease = T-44 Cromwell

Tier Xs - E100

wow

Kristunner #51 Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3766 battles

View Postcharlie9797, on 18 August 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

People like Gen make republicans look bad... :(

Ah man :(

Now here's the problem, I don't know what to say. Ummmmm, I'm a Maus driver? The Maus is pretty cool. You guys should check it out.

KRIEG Soldier

(AKA a subordinate of concep.) 

I commonly drive German heavies and tank destroyers.

TwistedMetal_ #52 Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14191 battles
  • [DFNT]

View PostGenClint10, on 17 August 2014 - 09:58 PM, said:

As you said numbers dont matter but sometimes they do. i would like to think that American civilians would be given the chance to fight.

Every peasant with a rifle!

TwistedMetal_ #53 Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14191 battles
  • [DFNT]

View PostIntegrity125, on 17 August 2014 - 09:47 PM, said:

Aside from the political aspects of this post, I largely agree, except that the "Russian" hardware that the Americans obliterated during the Gulf War was not the real stuff.

The Soviet Union had a strategy where whenever they sold military hardware to an ally, they took out all the good stuff and gave the buyer a much less capable piece of junk instead. This kind of hardware was what the Coalition encountered in the Persian Gulf. The real Russian hardware is probably much more capable, though still inferior in some aspects to NATO equipment. Russian missile technology is largely unmatched, only recently being overtaken by US weapons systems as more advanced sensors and electronics were developed. Things like helicopter gunships, tanks, etc. however, are lacking.

No one will ever know for sure if it was the inferior hardware, One thing for sure is the numbers game...Not sure if it was propaganda or not but the old footage of Russian parades in Red square when it looked like tons of Soviet hardware was acually the same stuff marching around in a circle! Fact or fiction? Who knows for sure? It was a numbers game with the Soviets....we could shoot down 5 of there aircraft to 1 of ours and even with those numbers they would still win...again Fact or fiction? I believe it all comes down to training...You could put the worst pilot in a superior aircrast like a Mig-29 or an Su-27 against an older aircraft such as an F-4...or even an F-8...The superior trained pilot will always come out on top....I have seen footage of rivits randomly placed on the wings of a Soviet frogfoot...Loosly and quickly constructed from a country whose military doctrine dictated the numbers game, In the end it's training! I believe we have the best Trained military in the world!

CrimsonMG #54 Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10780 battles

View PostEpicwinner21, on 18 August 2014 - 07:56 AM, said:

indeed popcorn? :popcorn::popcorn:

Don't mind if I do.

CrimsonMG #55 Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10780 battles

View PostIntegrity125, on 18 August 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

GUYS.

Let's keep politics out of this thread.

And talk about militaries.

And we can theorize even if something is unrealistic.

Thank you.

So it looks like America and Russia are the favorites lol...they're the more boring ones...all well. Saving the best for last I see? I'm going to wait until there's a more decisive difference between America and Russia before I decide which one to do first.

Politics and this thread are almost inseperable, no person would ever admit that their country is inferior.

TwistedMetal_ #56 Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14191 battles
  • [DFNT]
Great topic! Nice thread bro.....great points by all! Tank on!

GenClint10 #57 Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5827 battles

View PostOperationOstracis, on 18 August 2014 - 06:50 AM, said:

What's wrong with you, Obama, and Muslims? 

Obama was born in kenya he even stated that. In one speech he said i will be visiting my home country kenya. I have nothing wrong with Muslims only with obama.

GenClint10 #58 Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5827 battles

View PostCrimsonMG, on 18 August 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

Politics and this thread are almost inseperable, no person would ever admit that their country is inferior.

I believe i have done this. In fact ive said it many of times in this thread. As i said i hate obama and every democrat in the American goverment, they are evil and believe in killing babies. I for one would like him impeached or assassinated. Also i voted for America since they are the best army in the world.

GenClint10 #59 Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5827 battles

View PostBearHawkMan, on 18 August 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

I may not be a military enthusiast, but I do know politics, economics, and history kinda well. I would like to clear 1 thing up. We will NEVER go to war with China or Russia. It is not worth it for either country! Russia will not go to war with us, because we have the whole of the UN on our side, which has France, Japan, Britain, Germany and other first world countries with powerful militarized in it. We would not go to war with China either because too many countries in the world rely on their products. Their communism is what makes them so efficient, if we were to come in and bring in Unions and stuff, production would slow DRASTICALLY from China, INFURIATING the CEOs and the Board of the companies that own factories there. The US would then have an even worse public image then we already have. If we declared war on China or Russia, we would immediately have all sorts of sanctions and restrictions put on us, in order to avoid a massive war that would ultimately end in millions of deaths.

I would like to clear something up about Obama. I know this is a really touchy subject, and I would like to say I am only a teenager, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I am also not affiliated with either party or leaning to any party, I think they are both stupid and slow. Now, Obama had a [edited]country when he came into office. Kinda like my generation, we have to clean up what our grandparents and parents created before us, now Obama has to clean up what Bush did, what Clinton did, what the other Bush did, etc. He has done the best he can. Yes, a lot of people say "oh he's cutting spending on F18s to help fat people", which is partly true. America is in some deep [edited]. We, for some reason, have to go help every country that needs help. We should not have had to into Iraq and Afghanistan. You know how much it has cost us? It is to cost us around 6 TRILLION dollars. That is 35% of our current debt. 35%. I recently read in the economist that the entire Warthog fleet of around 250 warthogs is to be scrapped, which is estimated to save only 7 billion dollars. Only 7 billion. We would be better off making warthogs than anything. They are THE BEST close-range support aircraft for infantry troops. They are to be replaced by F-15s and B-1 bombers, which the govt says is much cheaper (maybe) and as effective (yeah right). Now, back to Obama, he has done a good job, even though he still has a log way to go. Congress isn't helping either. Congress has failed to pass a single bill in months. Guess why? Because most of them are republican. Wait wait that came out wrong. I meant because they are of the other party. What I mean, is that is a republican was in office and congress was democrats, the same thing would be happening.

A bit of history for you all. I studied American History this year, and I learned a hell of a lot. Washington stated in his farewall address that if our govt split, we couldn't survive, kinda like what Lincoln said years later. The point is, our government was made for there to be 1 party, if you could even call it a party. I really don't think that would matter, because there would definitely be arguing today even if we are in 1 party pm cause people gonna argue. In fact, when the govt first split, things were pretty good. It was at first "Federalists" and "Democratic-Republicans". Federalists believed in an industrial society, and The Demo-Repubs believed in an agricultural society. The balance was nice, their were great, big, trading cities in the north, and the South focused on agriculture. We were kind of in sync, the south needed the economy from the north as well as their goods, while the north needed the south's food. Then civil war happened, go read about that. Now, our parties are terrible. I got completely off track, but I kinds got back to the point, Our government is stupid, but smart enough not to go to war with countries that are too necessary for our WORLD'S peace. k bye kids keep arguing about who has pointier sticks.

Stop trying to make excuses for obama he is an evil man who needs to be impeached or put to death dont listen to anything they teach you in school or at least not all of it because they will leave out or wont tell you important things. Obama wants to bring down America. Also who made all the good decisions? The republicans only one time did a democrat make a good decision was when JFK made those decisions but they didnt like him so they assassinated him.

TwistedMetal_ #60 Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14191 battles
  • [DFNT]
"This is my serious face Gary"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users