Chat Bug Since Update 2.2

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

_Paine #1 Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16143 battles

Hello,

Support advised me to make a topic on the Bug Report forum, so that this will get viewed by more than just myself and the support personnel.  Ever since shortly after update 2.2 I have had a Chat bug that has essentially made it impossible for me to talk to people in game.  I was curious if anyone else on the forums has this problem.

Problems are:

1.  Cannot message anyone

2.  Cannot receive messages

3.  Cannot chat in clan chat

4.  Cannot see clan chat

5.  Cannot see Friends list

6.  Cannot platoon, because friends list is invisible.

It appears to be an account specific bug, as I have this problem across all of my devices (Galaxy S5, Apple iPad Mini, Samsung Note Tablet, Apple iPhone 5) and across multiple connections (4G from my phone, home wifi and wifi at work).  I exchanged 5 of 6 different emails with WG Support convincing them it wasn't something with my devices or internet.

Support told me that this is a known issue, but could not provide me with anything else as far as if it was being addressed or how/when it would be fixed.  As you can imagine, without being able to communicate it makes it hard to participate in clan activities and platoons with friends and it's been extremely frustrating.  I was extremely excited about Update 2.3 because I thought it may fix this problem...not because I was looking forward to the new contact...which is sad.

If anyone from WG Development staff sees this, if you could reply and just let me know that you're aware of the problem and actively working to fix it, that would do wonders for me.  I've spent hundreds of dollars on this game, and my gameplay has been pretty seriously diminished.

Thank you,
Aaron

Niikemi_MKIV #2 Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:27 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16691 battles
  • [EAP]

Maybe install the game again might work...:)

One day i was having fun bugging with mods(skins) and accidentaly deleted/replaced some tank textures, so all i could see in some tanks were the gun and the tracks

"It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly, and forge one's own path..."

Ausf_G #3 Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 48418 battles
  • [11TH]
Nothing but frozen screen in clan and friend chat. Can't message anyone after battle to invite to clan 

Commander of the 11TH Panzer Division. vom Führer Genehmigt

Ha! Derging voll durch ihre panzerung

Der steht in Flammen! 

Hope I dont catch a ban for this post.

_Nez #4 Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:50 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27617 battles
  • [RNG]
9 days and counting.  I want my full refund of 1yr subscription at this point.

Edited by NezraM, 17 November 2015 - 02:50 AM.

reigning_in_hell #5 Posted 18 November 2015 - 03:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14903 battles
  • [USUCK]

Hmmm. Bug report forum...cue the crickets.

View PostXxCRUCIALxX, on 15 November 2015 - 02:50 AM, said:

Nothing but frozen screen in clan and friend chat. Can't message anyone after battle to invite to clan 

^^^This and maybe actually READ this vvv one also and give us a bit of feedback.

View Post_Paine, on 13 November 2015 - 03:15 PM, 

If anyone from WG Development staff sees this, if you could reply and just let me know that you're aware of the problem and actively working to fix it, that would do wonders for me.  I've spent hundreds of dollars on this game, and my gameplay has been pretty seriously diminished.

Thank you,
Aaron

View PostNiikemi_MKIV, on 13 November 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

Maybe install the game again might work...:)

One day i was having fun bugging with mods(skins) and accidentaly deleted/replaced some tank textures, so all i could see in some tanks were the gun and the tracks

Did 1 better. Factory re-install after one of the lockups mentioned above did some real damage to all kinds of work/addresses/links/phone#s....you get the picture. (YEA the grand canyon pics i hadent side loaded to laptop...  -.-). Thx for this gem of advice, you should apply to WG tech support. 

The last one I wont need to quote. That one will get someones attention all by itself. 

Fix it.

Edited by reigning_in_hell, 18 November 2015 - 03:26 AM.

Dado_1968 #6 Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:33 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27304 battles
  • [MOMS]
Clan chat does not work for me. Submitting a ticket is useless.

"I won't go and complain to the chemistry." - Costa

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1

_Paine #7 Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16143 battles

So I've had this issue for going on two months now.

It sucks not being able to communicate with your fellow players.  It sucks not being able to platoon.  It sucks not being able to talk to your clan mates after I randomly run into them in game and talk about our match (you know, because I can't platoon so the only way I can run into clan mates is randomly).

I realize it doesn't prevent me from playing the game...but 2 months??  Come on.

Doomking11 #8 Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 64624 battles
  • [GRIM]
Any wg staff here that would dare to give us an update?......thought  so..crickets...

pantspiddler #9 Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16540 battles

Been having the same issue for the same amount of time. Did all the deletes, device restorations and other junk that WG asked for and no results.

Last communication from tech support was that they think it's related to unanswered friend requests and they can't fix it. I made a thread on it a while back as well. 

Edited by pantspiddler, 23 November 2015 - 10:12 PM.

Uber_Killed_You #10 Posted 28 November 2015 - 03:26 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 38575 battles
  • [UBER]

yep chat has not worked has since the update. Is it fixable or just going to be broken forever it is going on two weeks now!

_Nez #11 Posted 29 November 2015 - 02:55 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27617 battles
  • [RNG]
closer to three weeks now, and WG's answer on my ticket?  "SORRY, WE HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON."  I want my premium days refunded in full for everyday that I had to deal with the [edited]chat problem.  That is close to 3 weeks now.  Git with it WG!  Breach of Contract is what you are on right now WG.

Edited by NezraM, 29 November 2015 - 02:56 PM.

_Paine #12 Posted 01 December 2015 - 03:41 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16143 battles

Hey there's a new clan event starting!  Awesome!  

Oh wait no I can't talk to my clan because of my 2 month long chat bug that prevents me from talking to ANYONE.

Hund_Camel #13 Posted 04 December 2015 - 06:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 19156 battles
I've been having a similar problem. I reinstalled twice and the first time it got solved but only for a couple of yours. A real pain in the a_ _.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users