Strange but true....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

keep_calm_and_carry #1 Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:35 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12797 battles
  • [AMMA]
On oasis palms earlier..firstly kicked out of battle before it starts! Rejoined,went east between the rock outcrops behind team,proceeded to emerge between outcrops heading towards mosque,lost connection,rejoined again 30 seconds later to my smoking wreck of a tank,backed up on the rocks on top of dry river bed-facing backwards to the direction I was going when lost connection.how the beep did that happen.?tried to find out who killed me through battle records in notifications,no record of battle even though I reconnected before battle finished...very strange.

jtemple507 #2 Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8582 battles
If you disconnect while moving, your tank keeps going. Not sure about the results thing though.

Grinding Modules (order of research plan): ST-I (engine)SU-100 (guns, tracks, SU-100M1)

Grinding XP For Next Tier: T32 (108.8k of 169k)Centurion I (123.4k of 165k)VK2801 (24.5k of 50.8k)

Premiums/Keeper Tanks: IS-6, Panzer IV Anko SPType 59

Grinding credits for: IS-8T-54E75T28 Proto

_G_E_M_ #3 Posted 15 November 2015 - 06:46 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17197 battles
  • [SRT-A]
Yes if you disconnect from the server the game won't show through notifications but will appear in your service record. You won't know if you got killed or not, did how much damage, who killed you. But your wr and stats on the tank in service record should change

keep_calm_and_carry #4 Posted 15 November 2015 - 01:38 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12797 battles
  • [AMMA]
Thanks for the info,didn't know about the movement while disconnected.that was my main query.

Ammo #5 Posted 15 November 2015 - 01:50 PM

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

• Players
  • 30453 battles
  • [CYCLN]

View Postkeep_calm_and_carry, on 15 November 2015 - 08:38 AM, said:

Thanks for the info,didn't know about the movement while disconnected.that was my main query.

There is some logic to that.  Each thing you do to any controls sends that change to the server.  So if you send drive forward and then disconnect you keep driving forward till an obstacle or death. 

As seen in game chat "ammo sux"

Blitz Community Coalition

Oralflame #6 Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:55 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15297 battles
  • [DOOMD]
I have had similar things happen. I have been disconnected and rejoined. When I rejoined, I could swear I had been moved back about 5 tanklengths. Often times, after a battle where I left early or crashed and was able to log back on after the match, when I go to view how the battle went, it will say "Battle results are unavailable." Probably a delay between the device and the server. When your device sends in the data saying it has been commanded to move forward, it sends it to the server, which then sends back where you would be in correlation to the map. For this reason, when your latency spikes or packets become small, your tank acts odd, not just enemy tanks. They do this because it wouldn't be fair if you purposefully overloaded your connection so that your tank jumps around the map, making it impossible for the enemy to hit you. Remember, laws of physics do NOT have to apply to a computer. I think that when your game crashes, your device sends in a command to, for instance, move forward, but never got a response from the server as to whether or not that was followed through, so your device defaulted to the last known location of your tank. You could have also been rammed hard by someone. I do that to AFKs all the time if I know I'm going to win. As for your lack of battle results, there may have been an error with you crashing versus leaving the game. Yes, in both scenarios, you should have battle results, but there could have been a problem with the server relay. I think that when you have the battle record, but when you try to open it and it says it's unavailable is because the device locally knows about the game, but is dismissed by the server for whatever reason/error. When you don't have even a trace of a record, sealed or not, I think it is because the device never registered that it had finished the game (if it crashed, it was never told that the game had stopped, and computers don't rely on reasonable judgment unless artificially programmed into it) and because the server never relayed information, or an error occurring when the device claims to not have been in a battle but the server says so, so the information is saved/alters your profile but is not listed in your battle records. Of course, this is all just hypothetical because I did not set up the networking system for Wargaming. I'm only relying on prior knowledge of these systems and experience. I welcome any constructive criticism and ideas. It most certainly is a problem that should be solved.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users