Crashing

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Mr_Steal_Your_Kills_NA #1 Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:31 PM

Private

• Players
  • 24301 battles
  • [DEF]
I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this but every single battle the game crashes.  I'll be rolling around in my tank then all of a sudden I can't move, everyone else stops moving (allies and enemy tanks).  I can still look around so the screen isn't frozen but the game just stops working.  This happens to me every single battle and to be quite honest it ruins gameplay and renders the game unplayable.  After the crash I double tap the home button and swipe up to refresh the game, I will then enter the game and have to wait for the game to load me back into the battle but by the I'm usually already dead. I hope this post gives WarGaming an idea of the kind of crash I'm experiencing so they can hopefully fix this problem.  If this crashing happens to you aswell find me in game on the North American Server so we can discuss this issue more, my username is Mr_Steal_Your_Kills_NA

Dengans #2 Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:39 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8680 battles

I have the same problem, not as frequently as that. For me it happens around 40-50 minutes of continuous game play. After that it happens around every 20-30 minutes, or if I am in the garage too long/watching a match finish. Then I get disconnected from the servers and have to restart the game. I find it really annoying, but it seams like it is just part of the game, so I have to deal with it.

Edit: By the way, welcome to the forums! I hope you stick around and see some of the extremely useful information around here. If need help I can try and point you towards the right direction for the help you need.

Edited by Dengans, 28 November 2015 - 07:44 PM.

My Total Career Stats - http://www.wotbstars...&geo=NA&lng=eng

Favorite Tanks - IS-4,  Object 140,  T32,  Comet,  T-43,  SU-122-44,  Chi-Nu,  Ke-Ni (Non-Premium)

Add me in-game if interested in platooning. I have a tank in every tier, except tier 1.

acrisis #3 Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:53 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21026 battles
  • [III-C]

Open a support ticket, they will walk you through getting crash data to them. ( don't be surprised if the point fingers wifi, ask to run the game as single app, ask to reset / wipe your device etc) 

Post in the bug sub section of the forum ( otherwise it will be buried and invisble here within a day) 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

olddatsunfan #4 Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34394 battles
  • [-CFR-]
I have this same problem a couple of times a day also ...  
QO6Y0A8.gif

Mr_Steal_Your_Kills_NA #5 Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:40 PM

Private

• Players
  • 24301 battles
  • [DEF]
How do I open a support ticket, sorry if it's super obvious, this is my first time on a forum

acrisis #6 Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:52 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21026 battles
  • [III-C]
Support ticket is from in game, menu, support, opens browser to wg site, log in with game credentials, select blitz, new ticket, keyword / message subject, not resolved, type full message, submit. 

> WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  

MarBearCat #7 Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:01 PM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22553 battles
  • [SDWA]

What happens to me is one of two things. One, the game crashes completely, meaning there is no game,

I'm sent back to my phones home screen and it tells me "forced close" I go back to the game and I'm about

one minute in and hopefully I haven't been seen.

#2, and this is the one I hate. The entire action turns into what I would call, old fashion "stop action" 

Like the original King Kong movie. Everything stutters along. Both sides. Very annoying. 

When it happens I fight through it and then after the battle ends I shut my device off and

reboot. Works .

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!

Mr_Steal_Your_Kills_NA #8 Posted 29 November 2015 - 08:09 AM

Private

• Players
  • 24301 battles
  • [DEF]
Thanks for all the sympathy and helpful suggestions guys, I've sent WarGaming a ticket explaining this issue we are experiencing.  Hopefully they see it and we will see these crashes fixed in the next update

tlouie #9 Posted 29 November 2015 - 11:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9642 battles
  • [TAT]
If you can still look around while everything else is frozen, that means it's a network connection issue.  Which could be caused by all sorts of things.

Try restarting your cable modem or WiFi router, see if that helps.

Mr_Steal_Your_Kills_NA #10 Posted 29 November 2015 - 09:48 PM

Private

• Players
  • 24301 battles
  • [DEF]
I've tried switching off the router at the outlet in the wall and then back on bug it doesn't change anything.  The game still crashes every match

tlouie #11 Posted 29 November 2015 - 10:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9642 battles
  • [TAT]

View PostMr_Steal_Your_Kills_US, on 29 November 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

I've tried switching off the router at the outlet in the wall and then back on bug it doesn't change anything.  The game still crashes every matchi

Try uninstalling, restart your phone/tablet, reinstall the app.

Mr_Steal_Your_Kills_NA #12 Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:11 AM

Private

• Players
  • 24301 battles
  • [DEF]
If I delete the game will it erase my account?

ktp460 #13 Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:17 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10276 battles

View PostMr_Steal_Your_Kills_US, on 30 November 2015 - 02:11 AM, said:

No

acrisis #14 Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:20 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 21026 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostMr_Steal_Your_Kills_US, on 29 November 2015 - 09:11 PM, said:

No, it erases the game on your device, but your in game aacount and all its progress tanks etc are recorded on the wargaming servers.

Many people delete the game whenever an update comes out, because they are tight on space on thier device. 

Deleting the game is perfectly safe. Provided you know your user name and password. 

BE  (+)   

9V0LT #15 Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17732 battles

View PostMr_Steal_Your_Kills_US, on 30 November 2015 - 02:11 AM, said:

No, everything will be there.

I'm guessing you installed the game before the last update and then went through the update process a couple of weeks ago.

I was having the same problem. The fix was to uninstall the app (including cached and config data (don't worry, you won't lose any of your tanks) and install the game fresh from the app store.

To insure you don't lose anything from your account, make sure you've converted your Google account or Game center account to a WarGaming account first.

How to link here:https://na.wargaming...rgaming-account

Mr_Steal_Your_Kills_NA #16 Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:12 AM

Private

• Players
  • 24301 battles
  • [DEF]
I deleted the game and reinstalled it and have just now tried having a game in my PZ II J as my first battle after reinstalling and it crashed about one minute into the match.  I guess it's up to WarGaming to have a go at fixing it

9V0LT #17 Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:33 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17732 battles

View PostMr_Steal_Your_Kills_US, on 30 November 2015 - 05:12 AM, said:

I deleted the game and reinstalled it and have just now tried having a game in my PZ II J as my first battle after reinstalling and it crashed about one minute into the match.  I guess it's up to WarGaming to have a go at fixing it

The only other thing I can think of, since you say it does work ok in the first minute or so of a match, is that there is some application or task running in the background and as soon as it tries to do something, like call home or run a location update, it has a conflict with Blitz and crashes it.

Do you have Outlook running on this device? Outlook, or any email client, is continually checking with the server  every couple of minutes, to see if you have mail. Some apps that run in the background can be checking your location and then calling home to report it, etc.

All I can suggest, is making sure all apps and background applications are fully shut down and see if you get farther in the game before crashing. If you do, then you can start up the apps again, one at a time, until the crash re-occurs and then you'll know which of the programs is giving you the trouble.

Lastly, you can always do a reset/restore to factory. This will wipe EVERYTHING from the device and it will be as it was when you first brought it home from the store. I know that sounds extreme, but often, it's the only sure way to find the issue and get your system working the way you want it.

Good luck.

Mr_Steal_Your_Kills_NA #18 Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:59 AM

Private

• Players
  • 24301 battles
  • [DEF]
Will disabling all notifications help?

9V0LT #19 Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17732 battles

View PostMr_Steal_Your_Kills_US, on 30 November 2015 - 07:59 AM, said:

Will disabling all notifications help?

It's just one of the things to check. Trying it can't hurt.

Right now, you don't know what's causing the issue, so everything is a process of elimination.

acrisis #20 Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:16 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21026 battles
  • [III-C]

It sure is a process of elimination. 

What device are you running on? If it is older and low on ram ... Crashes are more prone to happen, as the game gets bigger and bigger.

Have you set graphics in game to lower/lowest? 

Home wifi or broadband cell network?

Are you running it as a single app or are a bunch open in background?

How is your proximity to your wifi all in one router? At range with some walls etc you may be on the fringe ...

Anybody else using your internet when crashes happen. I know my ping goes up if family streams hulu, netflix, ... And other activity on top of it will maxx out our little bit of internet we get. 

Any interference devices nearby? Like microwaves, which cause this giant interefence bubble and will knock 2.4 ghz for a loop while cooking

BE  (+)   

Also tagged with Crashing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users