• 24301 battles
  • [DEF]

Info :

iPad Air (64 Gigabytes)

Lowest graphics selected

"Unlimited" home wifi

I've disabled all background refreshes

about 5-7 metres from the router with a wall separating

Even when nobody else is home (so I'm the only one using the Internet) the game still crashes

The microwave is about 7 metres from the router in the other direction

When I sign into my account on my brothers iPad Air (124 Gigabytes) and go into battles the crashing doesn't occur at all

acrisis #22 Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:12 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21026 battles
  • [III-C]

If deleting and einstalling blitz does not help ...

Given that a same year / generation ipad does not exhibit the problem ... I would make the quite painful decision to hook up the ipad to itunes, back it up and wipe/erase it back to factory condition, update to latest ios, download blitz and try it. 

That would help rule out a software and hardware issue.

Then you can entertain restoring the ipad from your backup to get all apps and settings back. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

9V0LT #23 Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17732 battles

View Postacrisis, on 30 November 2015 - 08:12 PM, said:

If deleting and einstalling blitz does not help ...

Given that a same year / generation ipad does not exhibit the problem ... I would make the quite painful decision to hook up the ipad to itunes, back it up and wipe/erase it back to factory condition, update to latest ios, download blitz and try it. 

That would help rule out a software and hardware issue.

Then you can entertain restoring the ipad from your backup to get all apps and settings back. 

^^^^

Yep, this is about where you're at.

The only suggestion I would make, is to strip the device of all non-essential applications, before doing the iTunes backup.

Also, make sure your iCloud settings are set to ask you if you want to restore applications and settings first (otherwise, I think all that stuff downloads and install automagically).

Remember, you're still on the hunt, to find the original cause the problem, if for no other reason, than to make sure you don't install/enable it again.

One last thing.

I used to have an old Samsung Galaxy, that would occasionally fall off my wifi router (it was and still is an older router).

I ended up going into the router settings and assigning the phone a dedicated IP address and that seemed to solve the problem. I'm not saying this is your issue, but you might try connecting to a friends/schools/work/Starbucks router, just to make sure the problem still occurs with a different Internet source. -A quick, easy test, before jumping into the whole backup-reset-restore chore.

Also tagged with Crashing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users