Ghost tanks

Ghost tanks

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

BlackHorse113 #1 Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1636 battles
Hay mods there is no way a tank can hide that good. This is bull. I have camouflage and I can't hide that good even if I'am behind a rock
Bacon , bacon , bacon , bacon , bacon , bacon , bacon , bacon , bacon , bacon , bacon , and more bacon .

_S3MPRIAN_ #2 Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11381 battles
You need more content... Nobody can understand you

Trash_Panda #3 Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:02 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5729 battles

View PostBlackHorse113, on 24 August 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

Hay mods there is no way a tank can hide that good. This is bull. I have camouflage and I can't hide that good even if I'am behind a rock

You don't have nearly enough in your post for us to understand you. 

Closed Beta Tester 

Community Pledge Signer

Formerly known as jamesthefurry

Androyce #4 Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10107 battles
Camouflage schmamouflage. It's called view range. You can't see a tank past a certain distance, even if they are in the open, unless another tank on your team is spotting them. Go read up on view range, spotting, and camouflage mechanics.

Commander121 #5 Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16737 battles

View PostBlackHorse113, on 24 August 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

What? You're just as stupid as Naturemagic. 

Edited by Commander121, 24 August 2014 - 08:31 PM.

BROTHERS IN ARM + GUARDIANS

Recruiter and officer Commander121

6000+ Battles.

Spoiler

that_f_in_guy #6 Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9029 battles
It all has to do with spotting and view range. 

M48 Patton   T110E5   E 50 M

M46 • Conqueror • M26 • IS-6 • T29 • Panther/M10 • Comet • Fury • Hellcat 

Researched But Not Purchased: T-62 • FV4202 • T28

Community Pledge Contributor 

2W0ngF0o #7 Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:33 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2136 battles

I think Blackhorse113 is on to something. I for one believe in Ghost Tanks. 

Sometimes when tanks die, they don't pass on to the garage. They linger, watching battles from the sidelines, unable to help except for the excellent advise they inevitably give in chat.  Those Ghost Tanks can sometimes be very hurtful with their words. And sometimes, even though I have thick skin, their words can cut like sharp knives. 

I think with spooky shows like Paranormal Tank Witness, and Ghost Tank Hunters, more and more people are believing in Ghost Tanks. 

I hereby officially announce the start of a new investigative team.  One that will hunt for and learn about Ghost Tanks at every corner.  Dedicated to to über-knowledge of Ghost Tanks, we shall be called "Ghost Tanks Are Now Knormal, Shonuff." (G-TANKS)

Anyone interested in joking G-TANKS should post a response in this thread, outlining your qualifications for a position on the team, as well as any insight/knowledge/evidence that Ghost Tanks really do exist. 

Keep your eyes peeled people, a Ghost Tank could be idling right beside you!!!  

Closed Beta Tester

Community Pledge Signer

Commander121 #8 Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16737 battles

View Post2W0ngF0o, on 24 August 2014 - 09:33 PM, said:

Sometimes when tanks die, they don't pass on to the garage. They linger, watching battles from the sidelines, unable to help except for the excellent advise they inevitably give in chat.  Those Ghost Tanks can sometimes be very hurtful with their words. And sometimes, even though I have thick skin, their words can cut like sharp knives. 

I think with spooky shows like Paranormal Tank Witness, and Ghost Tank Hunters, more and more people are believing in Ghost Tanks. 

I hereby officially announce the start of a new investigative team.  One that will hunt for and learn about Ghost Tanks at every corner.  Dedicated to to über-knowledge of Ghost Tanks, we shall be called "Ghost Tanks Are Now Knormal, Shonuff." (G-TANKS)

Anyone interested in joking G-TANKS should post a response in this thread, outlining your qualifications for a position on the team, as well as any insight/knowledge/evidence that Ghost Tanks really do exist. 

4 drunk people today. You're one of them. 

BROTHERS IN ARM + GUARDIANS

Recruiter and officer Commander121

6000+ Battles.

Spoiler

KRYSTALIZR #9 Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1442 battles

View Post2W0ngF0o, on 24 August 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

XD This is awesome lol

KRYSTALIZR #10 Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1442 battles

The spotting mechanics make the game balanced. If you could just see every tank right off the bat, nobody would go out in the middle, and we would all be campers.

And btw, you probably couldn't see across the whole map in a tank like you think you could, there was no zoom like you have in this game, and most of the time shots were made off of coordinates given by other soldiers/tanks/scouts in general. So in a sense, when you spot a tank, you are close enough to judge it's coordinates/distance enough to shoot accurately.

BlackHorse113 #11 Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1636 battles
Ok so what u are saying is that someone on your team has to be in the general area of a hidden tank for all team members to see it. Right ,if that's the case how close ?
Bacon , bacon , bacon , bacon , bacon , bacon , bacon , bacon , bacon , bacon , bacon , and more bacon .

Androyce #12 Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10107 battles

View PostBlackHorse113, on 25 August 2014 - 12:06 AM, said:

Ok so what u are saying is that someone on your team has to be in the general area of a hidden tank for all team members to see it. Right ,if that's the case how close ?

Every tank has it's own view range which you can see on its stats page. A tank's camouflage stat (and bushes if used properly) can reduce the view range of tanks trying to spot it. Moving or firing decreases the effects of camouflage.

Jim08 #13 Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7020 battles
I've been griping about this for awhile...it's [edited]about line of sight....I just finished a game where a panther that was right in front of me goes invisible then reappeared on the other side of me.....all within my line of sight,  so save your view range and line of sight stuff for someone else.  It always happen.

siouxinpa #14 Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:32 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3096 battles

How far away was he right in front of you? Was there a clear line of sight from where he was to where he ended up? What is your view range? Were your view ports damaged?

Im asking this because in all my games I've NEVER had a tank that I was close to disappear from my view. Stuff that I need to zoom in on to see clearly? Happens all the time. Because of view range and sight lines.

= Proud signer of the Community Pledge =

KRYSTALIZR #15 Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:43 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1442 battles

View PostBlackHorse113, on 25 August 2014 - 12:06 AM, said:

Well, they have to be able to "see" it. In other words, if you were inside of the tank, could you see the tank? Just because you may be able to see in third person does not mean you can see with your tank.

But I think in some cases you can spot tanks that are in your general area (within 10-15 feet) and the view range depends on the tank and the upgrades you have given it. The typical view range for your normal tank (just about every one lol) has a view range of 250 m, but you can upgrade that to about 270-300 m with binocs and optics. The maps are also about 500x500 m so you can see why most tanks don't have incredibly high view ranges

Also tagged with Ghost tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users