Jump to content


Worst Tank Ever? T-28

t-28

  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Stormslifer #1 Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:27 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 1246 battles
  • 9
  • [RGR]
  • Member since:
    07-05-2014

T-28. Underpowered and weak. I've always never had a problem with tanks that you know, were a step weaker than others. I've went through grinds. I never liked the M2 Medium. I never liked the T82. But they were 1000 times better than the T-28. I could tell when a tank is okay. But T-28. No. Just no.

 

Speed: It's speed is good. Hell yeah it's beast. But I don't need speed when I get one-shoted by Jacksons. I'd rather have more armor than be fast. Protection is key. I don't need 78% speed to zip to the base when I can't even go anywhere without getting one shoted by a M43EA8. Give me 20% speed. Don't care. Armor is better.

 

SIZE: Really? The tank is already a weakling why make it a mammoth? What's the point of making a tank so big if it barely has any armor?

 

I really hope they make a buff to the T-28. The KV-1 is OP but it's not worth going through this much pain for a KV-1.

I'm grinding for the KV-1. I didn't know it would be this hard to get it. 

 

EDIT: Didn't realize the Zis-4 gun would make such a big difference. I don't hate this tank anymore. Feel free to close this thread.

 

[Thread moved to correct section]

- Yshoneist



Trash_Panda #2 Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:30 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5729 battles
  • 633
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013

View PostStormslifer, on 24 August 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

T-28. Underpowered and weak. I've always never had a problem with tanks that you know, were a step weaker than others. I've went through grinds. I never liked the M2 Medium. I never liked the T82. But they were 1000 times better than the T-28. I could tell when a tank is okay. But T-28. No. Just no.

 

Speed: It's speed is good. Hell yeah it's beast. But I don't need speed when I get one-shoted by Jacksons. I'd rather have more armor than be fast. Protection is key. I don't need 78% speed to zip to the base when I can't even go anywhere without getting one shoted by a M43EA8. Give me 20% speed. Don't care. Armor is better.

 

SIZE: Really? The tank is already a weakling why make it a mammoth? What's the point of making a tank so big if it barely has any armor?

 

I really hope they make a buff to the T-28. The KV-1 is OP but it's not worth going through this much pain for a KV-1.

I'm grinding for the KV-1. I didn't know it would be this hard to get it. 

To be honest I liked the T-28. The armor on it was terrible so I simply played the tank like it was going to be penned by every shell fired at it. The gun it gets is really good for the highly mobile play style this tank has because it has a high reload speed meaning that a missed shot isn't the end of the world.


Closed Beta Tester 

Community Pledge Signer

Formerly known as jamesthefurry

 


Stegs #3 Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:04 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4902 battles
  • 619
  • Member since:
    10-12-2011

View PostStormslifer, on 24 August 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:

I get one-shoted by Jacksons. 

 

Well then, to be fair the Jackson is a tier 6 TD. This is like complaining that your Panzer II got one-shoted by an M4 Sherman. Try comparing the tank to other tanks of it's own tier, for example, this tank can easily handle itself against A-20s and DW2's. I mean, of course it is going to suck against tanks that are levels above you.


Community Pledge Signer

Former Master of High Ping 


UnsaltedPiranha #4 Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:10 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8236 battles
  • 649
  • Member since:
    07-31-2012
I really liked the T-28, in fact it was so good with it I'll probably rebuy it at some point! Give it some time, it really is a good tank

Commander121 #5 Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:41 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16737 battles
  • 764
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014

View PostStormslifer, on 24 August 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:

T-28. Underpowered and weak. I've always never had a problem with tanks that you know, were a step weaker than others. I've went through grinds. I never liked the M2 Medium. I never liked the T82. But they were 1000 times better than the T-28. I could tell when a tank is okay. But T-28. No. Just no.

 

Speed: It's speed is good. Hell yeah it's beast. But I don't need speed when I get one-shoted by Jacksons. I'd rather have more armor than be fast. Protection is key. I don't need 78% speed to zip to the base when I can't even go anywhere without getting one shoted by a M43EA8. Give me 20% speed. Don't care. Armor is better.

 

SIZE: Really? The tank is already a weakling why make it a mammoth? What's the point of making a tank so big if it barely has any armor?

 

I really hope they make a buff to the T-28. The KV-1 is OP but it's not worth going through this much pain for a KV-1.

I'm grinding for the KV-1. I didn't know it would be this hard to get it. 

Why the crap are you comparing a tier 4 to tier 6? 5 Drunk idiots today and you're on of them. If you don't like the T-28 then don't play it. 


BROTHERS IN ARM + GUARDIANS

Recruiter and officer Commander121

6000+ Battles.

Spoiler

 


Delta256 #6 Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:03 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10128 battles
  • 5,770
  • [IMPR]
  • Member since:
    12-09-2013

I loved the t-28.

 

The A-20 on the other hand...ugh.


I sometimes drive Warships too.


LkASr #7 Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:28 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20745 battles
  • 4,937
  • [MAHOU]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View PostStormslifer, on 24 August 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

 I get one-shoted by Jacksons.

Oooooooooooooo! Who's bad? Lol, jk. Well i know it's fast but that speed is recomended by blitzers (players favor on speed & firepower like me). It wouldn't be a very bad tank, unless for the guns of course, and it sometimes dodges my StuH gun when i'm shooting at it


 "Enemy Armor Is Destroyed!" o7 |||  "Never Surrender!"||| Tanks: 40+ |||  WoT Generals Beta Tester 

WoT Blitz's [MAHOU] Mercenary ||| ✪ American,✙  German , & ❀  Japanese  Tanker

                                               

 WoTB Instructor: My Guides(<-Click Here) ||| O.T.: ||| Sig Tank: T20 ||| Wr58%, Star 1: ~1.295WN82440

///Other games:, Uniwar  (same user) [Online] /// Chara on pic Daphnis  /// Anime:


Meows_really_heckin #8 Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:14 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3375 battles
  • 1,646
  • Member since:
    05-27-2013
T-28 great tenk

YDCACUf.gif

 


OperationOstracis #9 Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:15 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8359 battles
  • 962
  • Member since:
    05-21-2014

View PostStormslifer, on 24 August 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

T-28. Underpowered and weak. I've always never had a problem with tanks that you know, were a step weaker than others. I've went through grinds. I never liked the M2 Medium. I never liked the T82. But they were 1000 times better than the T-28. I could tell when a tank is okay. But T-28. No. Just no.

 

Speed: It's speed is good. Hell yeah it's beast. But I don't need speed when I get one-shoted by Jacksons. I'd rather have more armor than be fast. Protection is key. I don't need 78% speed to zip to the base when I can't even go anywhere without getting one shoted by a M43EA8. Give me 20% speed. Don't care. Armor is better.

 

SIZE: Really? The tank is already a weakling why make it a mammoth? What's the point of making a tank so big if it barely has any armor?

 

I really hope they make a buff to the T-28. The KV-1 is OP but it's not worth going through this much pain for a KV-1.

I'm grinding for the KV-1. I didn't know it would be this hard to get it. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA "worst tank ever"

play A-20 or D.W. 2


For(u)mer Englisher.


Stormslifer #10 Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:51 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 1246 battles
  • 9
  • [RGR]
  • Member since:
    07-05-2014

View PostCommander121, on 25 August 2014 - 12:41 AM, said:

Why the crap are you comparing a tier 4 to tier 6? 5 Drunk idiots today and you're on of them. If you don't like the T-28 then don't play it. 

Oh really? My tier 5s survive tier 7s. Calling me drunk? You're the one criticizing me when I said nothing to you. How am I drunk for disliking a tank. And I almost always get paired with tanks 2 tiers above me sometimes even three. So how am I supposed to compare to tier 4s when I barely get paired with them? And yes I have tried penetrating dw 2s. Dosen't always work out even at the sides.



Trash_Panda #11 Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:23 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5729 battles
  • 633
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013

View PostOperationOstracis, on 24 August 2014 - 09:15 PM, said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA "worst tank ever"

play A-20 or D.W. 2

Had fun with both of those too.


Closed Beta Tester 

Community Pledge Signer

Formerly known as jamesthefurry

 


gffcom #12 Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:26 AM

    REDACTED

  • Players
  • 37927 battles
  • 5,402
  • [SRT-]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View PostOperationOstracis, on 25 August 2014 - 03:15 AM, said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA "worst tank ever"

play A-20 or D.W. 2

Yup. Liked those and liked the T-28.


                                                         

Xs: IS-7, IS-4, FV215b, T110E5, E100, E50M, Obj 140, T-62A, M48A1 Patton, FV4202, Leopard 1, Obj 268

                                                                  SPARTA 

                     

                                                           


TimTheGrim #13 Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:41 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 13875 battles
  • 64
  • Member since:
    06-21-2014

I have 2 "Elite" tanks. My German T-25 that I bought and the other that I kept is my Soviet T-28.  It's a good scout with an accurate gun.

Sure the skin is thin but it does a good shoot & scoot. 

I could not wait to get rid of my DW-2.

Good hunting !


Illigitimi non Carborundum

Integrity125 #14 Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:46 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3457 battles
  • 1,050
  • Member since:
    07-31-2011
The T-28 has a good top gun. I think the A-20 is by far the worst.

Class II Closed Beta Tester

Community Pledge Signer

Tier Xs: IS-7. I know I know. I'm working on getting more.

"The object of a fight is not to win. It is to give your opponent no choice but to lose."


Androyce #15 Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:37 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10107 battles
  • 3,557
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014
It's funny how people have such strong opinions about the worst tier IV (often worst tank in the game) and yet there is no consensus. Personally I found the D.W.2 to be the weakest but even it was decent once fully upgraded. I enjoyed the T-28 and the A-20. I felt like the Lee was garbage but somehow ended up with better stats than most of my tier IVs.


gffcom #16 Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:14 AM

    REDACTED

  • Players
  • 37927 battles
  • 5,402
  • [SRT-]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

The Lee isn't bad. It has good a good gun and armor. Most people just dislike playing it because it has so many glaring eccentricities you have to work around (lack of turret, too tall leaves you exposed on hills too much, gun on right leaves you too exposed shooting around corners to the right, etc, etc, etc)


                                                         

Xs: IS-7, IS-4, FV215b, T110E5, E100, E50M, Obj 140, T-62A, M48A1 Patton, FV4202, Leopard 1, Obj 268

                                                                  SPARTA 

                     

                                                           


siouxinpa #17 Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:51 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3096 battles
  • 306
  • Member since:
    07-03-2014

View PostStormslifer, on 24 August 2014 - 10:51 PM, said:

Oh really? My tier 5s survive tier 7s. Calling me drunk? You're the one criticizing me when I said nothing to you. How am I drunk for disliking a tank. And I almost always get paired with tanks 2 tiers above me sometimes even three. So how am I supposed to compare to tier 4s when I barely get paired with them? And yes I have tried penetrating dw 2s. Dosen't always work out even at the sides.

 

Figured out your problem. Don't platoon with a tier V in a tier IV. Their tier will be used for MM, so you won't see battles where you are top tier and you'll be thrown up against vehicles 3 tiers above you.


= Proud signer of the Community Pledge =


Lephturn #18 Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:33 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Club Wargaming
  • 22431 battles
  • 3,647
  • [III-S]
  • Member since:
    07-28-2014

The T-28 is a great tank when fully upgraded ... get used to this grind, it's like this from now on.  I had a horrible win rate with the T-28 until I got it upgraded and had the top gun - and then I started gaining fast. Use it's speed and it's a great tank. Also - use it's bulk. It's huge and fast... ram with it. It's really fun to find places to jump off on to people. You'll rarely get the chance, but it's damned fun. You can launch this beast surprisingly far out into the pit on Copperfield... before you explode and die. :veryhappy: Your win rate will also start slow because it is a different style of play, so you will need to adjust your strategies and tactics before you do well in it.

 

Get ready to hate life again when you move to the KV-1 next, because stock it is so slow it's ridiculous. It does get better, and it's got great armor, but it is a huge change in play style from the T-28. Now maybe you prefer a big slow heavy... if so just grind out the T-28 and you'll be in a big slow rock of a tank in no time.


Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

 

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom


blznguns #19 Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:22 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4798 battles
  • 124
  • Member since:
    08-21-2011

I really liked the DW, and thought the Lee was very good.  But I did not like the A-20 or T-28 very much.  In fact, I didn't like the T-28 in PC WoT's either.  A few points here though:

 

1.  Tier 4 is a very short grind in the game, so suffering through a tank at this tier really isn't that painful a process, particularly when 2x's, 3x's or even 5x specials reset three times a day.  If you hate it that much, only play it when you are getting this bonus xp for your grind.

 

2.  The KV-1 is so worth it!  KV-1 is one of the strongest tanks for it's tier in the game and I'd grind through the T-28 five times if that's what it took to get the KV-1.

 

3.  KV-1 is followed by KV-1S, IS, IS-3 which are all fantastic tanks; so a short Tier 4 grind translates into a long grind of great tanks afterwards.



Stormslifer #20 Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:12 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 1246 battles
  • 9
  • [RGR]
  • Member since:
    07-05-2014

View Postblznguns, on 25 August 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

I really liked the DW, and thought the Lee was very good.  But I did not like the A-20 or T-28 very much.  In fact, I didn't like the T-28 in PC WoT's either.  A few points here though:

 

1.  Tier 4 is a very short grind in the game, so suffering through a tank at this tier really isn't that painful a process, particularly when 2x's, 3x's or even 5x specials reset three times a day.  If you hate it that much, only play it when you are getting this bonus xp for your grind.

 

2.  The KV-1 is so worth it!  KV-1 is one of the strongest tanks for it's tier in the game and I'd grind through the T-28 five times if that's what it took to get the KV-1.

 

3.  KV-1 is followed by KV-1S, IS, IS-3 which are all fantastic tanks; so a short Tier 4 grind translates into a long grind of great tanks afterwards.

 

No I'm not complainng about the lee or dw. I have one of the best win rates with the m3 lee. And dw go into a good vk line. I barely platoon and I still get into tier 6 sometimes even tier 7 matchups. Anyways thanks your post was very helpful. Add me in game.





Also tagged with t-28

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users