2.4 update 2.4 feedback

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Bowtech1020 #41 Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:04 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8540 battles
  • [KN-1]
Ok well I love himmelsdorf and the new reworked lost temple. Very well done. What I don't like is the info button for tanks gone didn't need to remove that should of kept service record where it was. But the major problem I neverhad before. When switching between different menus my tank will disappear or just tracks showing. maps are glitchy. Like the will sometimes flicker. It's random and strange. Never had problems before I've tried reinstalling and same issue also in garage background will flicker and tank will disappear. HTC one 4.3

chainbreaker2012 #42 Posted 14 December 2015 - 01:27 AM

Private

• Players
  • 23000 battles
  • [USAE]
Game is almost unplayable on the samsung galaxy note 5. Maps have disapearing buildings and trains ping jumps from 50 to1800 even on wifi. This update is a bigger fail then the port bay update...

Phix_it_in_post #43 Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:34 AM

Private

• Players
  • 1281 battles

My feedback: it's crappy.

I'm running on a Nexus 10 that's maybe 3 years old. Earlier versions ran OK, but 2.4 runs like crap. 120 ping and 30fps to start the game, but as soon as I see anyone, my fps drops to below 10. And often, even though the ping stays the same, when I'm in traffic tanks will just pop up, magically move twenty feet in a blink, or my tank will just suddenly not be where it should be.

Oh, and the controls, sometimes my tank just goes for a drive all on its own. My control stick is released and showing centered but my tank shows the green direction arrow and keeps on driving. This is extra awesome because it often happens when I find someone, so a typical game for me now goes kinda like this:

Zoom zoom find a position.

Oh look, an enemy!

Oh look, I'm not stopping behind the building I was aiming at, I'm just driving into an open field!

Oh look, the three enemy that were on the other side of the hill just blinked to the top, and all shot me in the same 1/4 second from my POV, several times each it seems.

Oh look, now I've glitched onto a rock and I can't move.

Oh look, they're taking turns laughing at me as they stuff HE up my tailpipe. 

Oh, now for some reason I'm free. Aim. Carefulllll.... Oh, nope, that guy you were aiming at has just jumped ten feet to the left. 

Oh look, while I'm reloading, my tank has decided to drive into an open field again. 

Blink.

Oh look, I'm now turned around and showing my back crew entrance like some sort of tank hooker.

Oh, now my controls don't work. And I can't get away. And I can't fight back. Whee. What a fun game.

So:

Awful framerate as soon as I hit traffic.

Sometimes my tank drives without my control stick telling it to.

Sometimes my tank doesn't drive when my control stick tells it to.

Sometimes I'm out of sync with the server and it jumps the position of either me or the enemy by several feet. 

Sometimes there's lag spikes for no appreciable reason, and suddenly I'm driving into a hill or thirty feet up in the air.

Occasionally I don't see buildings, just the dark spot where they should be.

Even when things are going OK, it takes 2-3 seconds for my tank to register me trying to shoot and the shell reaching the enemy. Which essentially means I can only ever shoot stationary tanks.

The game was generally much more playable with the prior patch, same device and Android version. Now if I run it on graphics=low, it's 20fps but stable, but if I go to compatible, I get 35+ but every other game I'm getting some sort of glitch. Now, I'm certainly not a great player, but I think it's fair to say that a notable percentage of my deaths are less a result of me sucking, and more a result of "what the [edited]are you doing now you stupid tank?".

If I hadn't already paid for premium time I wouldn't be playing, but considering maybe 1/4 of my games don't involve some sort of software [edited]up, I still feel it's going to waste.

duanedragon #44 Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:51 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11922 battles
  • [SPUD]

Game crashes all the time in the middle of battle. 

Edited by duanedragon, 16 December 2015 - 04:18 PM.

blindsniper74 #45 Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:54 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32835 battles
  • [III]
Its been real laggy for me.  FPS is horrible looking through bushes, smoke, and when other tanks are near.  Just about unplayable at times.  One year old Galaxy Tab S.  Also, on my Galaxy Note 5 (latest processor), buildings and terrain disappear.   I have deleted and reinstalled the App.  The memory is fine. They both worked flawlessly before the 2.4 and 2.4.2 patches. 

wcvancleave #46 Posted 17 December 2015 - 01:42 PM

Private

• Players
  • 9323 battles
  • [HELPR]
match making is unfair  tier 5 vs tier 7 is not even remotely fun 70 percent of the time i get 1 shot killed this sucks please fix ir adress the situation

scott8659 #47 Posted 21 December 2015 - 02:53 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18175 battles
The broken fire button is back.  Sometime I miss shots because the fire button doesnt respond. I've also noticed when moving my tank it will randomly stop and I have to lift my finger from the control to get it to respond again.  The fps still sucks if there is alot of tanks on the screen.  I even recently changed internet providers and doubled my connection speed to over 30mbps but it still happens.  Using an ipad mini 4 and it occurs even with all the graphics settings to low. 

Tankiller14 #48 Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11328 battles
  • [MAHOU]

View Postwcvancleave, on 17 December 2015 - 08:42 AM, said:

match making is unfair  tier 5 vs tier 7 is not even remotely fun 70 percent of the time i get 1 shot killed this sucks please fix ir adress the situation

I don't think you know how much a Tier 7 tank has to deal every game, specially the German tanks. Tiger, fighting against T-54, E75, Centurion, M103, T95,and so on. Tiger doesn't have the world's best armour to be in such a high tier, but you got to shut up and suck it, because either way, your team needs you.

Guderian5266 #49 Posted 21 December 2015 - 01:57 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18224 battles

RE-iterating my post from another thread on LAG issues. Not really a ping problem, it is a frame rate problem - suddenly drop to under 10 fps, game gets very choppy, almost unplayable. I run older ipad mini.

Also spawn much later than I used to - battle has often started already.

Community Pledge Signer

reluctanttheist #50 Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:06 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 17487 battles
  • [III-H]

Like Guderian I play on a first-gen iPad Mini.  I have never updated to later versions of iOS because it would degrade performance on the tablet, so I am still on 7.1.2.  Here's the quality settings I use, which work well in most cases, unless there is a lot of foliage between me and another tank (two or more trees) and then frame rate drops down to 10 FPS.  As mentioned earlier, FPS is at the start of a match 10 FPS or so for 5-10 seconds, and goes up to 60 FPS unless I'm by a lot of water, where it drops to 40-45 FPS.  I have my water quality maxed so it doesn't look weird - on Lost Temple it's quite orange if I don't do this and it's quite distracting!

My settings are here:

Spoiler

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Watch the WoTB Users Manual Series  | Click here if you have lag  |  The best settings for your iOS device |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  | Get good: watch Bushka! | Check out tanks on Tank Compare

Guderian5266 #51 Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:14 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18224 battles
Hey should I try to back out to older stable version of iOS? Will it even let me? Could this be my whole problem?

Community Pledge Signer

reluctanttheist #52 Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:11 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 17487 battles
  • [III-H]
Pretty tough to do unless you have the old SHSH blobs saved.  Yeah I know I'm a geek lol.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Watch the WoTB Users Manual Series  | Click here if you have lag  |  The best settings for your iOS device |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  | Get good: watch Bushka! | Check out tanks on Tank Compare

Guderian5266 #53 Posted 22 December 2015 - 05:59 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18224 battles

In general I try to avoid keeping blobs of stuff around ;-)

OK, no idea what that is, so probably not.

I also heard if Apple is not signing the release version you want any more, you are out of luck. For ipads they are only signing 9.1 and 9.2 any more. No 8.x

You would think OS upgrades should improve things (better code, faster) but I guess you just get more bloat (not related to blobs).

But should this really kill my game that badly when all display settings are on minimum? If so, I say bad on WG release. Should work

smoothly on latest OS on any readily available platform. So I am still hoping this is fixed in 2.5 release.

Community Pledge Signer

4100xpb #54 Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:08 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16435 battles

Running an iPad Mini Original as well, with whatever the latest version of iOS 8.x is.  I set all my graphics to low, and it generally runs fine, about 50 FPS.  It does bog down if I sniper view through smoke or too many bushes, but it doesn't totally choke.  I was having some troubles with 2.4 crashing at the end of a battle, but restarting the Mini seemed to fix that.  With that gone this does seem one of the more stable releases for me.  

drpal181 #55 Posted 25 December 2015 - 05:23 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8610 battles
  • [OSTG]
The Japanese tanks are garbage. I want a full refund for selling them, instead of the half credits for taking out the garbage. They are not worth a garage slot.

craiglesser71 #56 Posted 29 December 2015 - 01:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 28771 battles
  • [0NE3]

View PostPhix_it_in_post, on 15 December 2015 - 01:34 AM, said:

My feedback: it's crappy.

I'm running on a Nexus 10 that's maybe 3 years old. Earlier versions ran OK, but 2.4 runs like crap. 120 ping and 30fps to start the game, but as soon as I see anyone, my fps drops to below 10. And often, even though the ping stays the same, when I'm in traffic tanks will just pop up, magically move twenty feet in a blink, or my tank will just suddenly not be where it should be.

Oh, and the controls, sometimes my tank just goes for a drive all on its own. My control stick is released and showing centered but my tank shows the green direction arrow and keeps on driving. This is extra awesome because it often happens when I find someone, so a typical game for me now goes kinda like this:

Zoom zoom find a position.

Oh look, an enemy!

Oh look, I'm not stopping behind the building I was aiming at, I'm just driving into an open field!

Oh look, the three enemy that were on the other side of the hill just blinked to the top, and all shot me in the same 1/4 second from my POV, several times each it seems.

Oh look, now I've glitched onto a rock and I can't move.

Oh look, they're taking turns laughing at me as they stuff HE up my tailpipe. 

Oh, now for some reason I'm free. Aim. Carefulllll.... Oh, nope, that guy you were aiming at has just jumped ten feet to the left. 

Oh look, while I'm reloading, my tank has decided to drive into an open field again. 

Blink.

Oh look, I'm now turned around and showing my back crew entrance like some sort of tank hooker.

Oh, now my controls don't work. And I can't get away. And I can't fight back. Whee. What a fun game.

So:

Awful framerate as soon as I hit traffic.

Sometimes my tank drives without my control stick telling it to.

Sometimes my tank doesn't drive when my control stick tells it to.

Sometimes I'm out of sync with the server and it jumps the position of either me or the enemy by several feet. 

Sometimes there's lag spikes for no appreciable reason, and suddenly I'm driving into a hill or thirty feet up in the air.

Occasionally I don't see buildings, just the dark spot where they should be.

Even when things are going OK, it takes 2-3 seconds for my tank to register me trying to shoot and the shell reaching the enemy. Which essentially means I can only ever shoot stationary tanks.

The game was generally much more playable with the prior patch, same device and Android version. Now if I run it on graphics=low, it's 20fps but stable, but if I go to compatible, I get 35+ but every other game I'm getting some sort of glitch. Now, I'm certainly not a great player, but I think it's fair to say that a notable percentage of my deaths are less a result of me sucking, and more a result of "what the [edited]are you doing now you stupid tank?".

If I hadn't already paid for premium time I wouldn't be playing, but considering maybe 1/4 of my games don't involve some sort of software [edited]up, I still feel it's going to waste.

craiglesser71 #57 Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:00 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 28771 battles
  • [0NE3]
I feel the same,it's almost if the game is on speed,worst ever update for me

derK1nderPanzer #58 Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16448 battles
  • [SEAL]

Camoflage? Who needs camoflage in the next update when 2.4 brought us:

1. Exceptional join lag.

2. Jittery game play when brawling.

3. Shots that never happen.

4. Tanks that just magically appear out of nowhere. (like in-close in plain sight)

5. My personal favorite: out of control tanking. (endless circling until dead, runs into object or end of map and refuses to do anything else) Hey, if this is a feature to help the Red Team win I'm all for it. As long as I'm on the Red Team!

6. Uncommanded stoppages.

Please fix 2.4 issues before adding more complexity which will make the game even less playable. All the above (with the exctption of jittery brawling) I experienced before 2.4 but after that update the frequency increased five fold.

Thank you and Happy Tanking.

T-62A, E-100, IS-7, T110E4

Praeceladon #59 Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19234 battles
Russian tanks still op
German tanks still up

New temple map is terrible but pretty
Himmelsdorf is too small and symmetrical

Japanese tanks are way to sluggish

Also tagged with 2.4, update 2.4, feedback