20 replies to this topic

blindsniper74 #1 Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:01 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 40795 battles
  • [III-R]

This is a copy of the Ticket I sent to WG today:

Hello,

I've had some major issues with this most recent update 2.4 (and 2.4.2).  I have two android devices that have been struggling with the new update.  I had no real gameplay issues before this update.  I am a power user and have spent a good bit of money on the game.  Currently, I am hesitant to play due to the below described issues.  

Both devices are running the lowest in-game graphics settings, plenty of system ram and storage memory, Hot fix 2.4.2 installed, playing on strong wifi or cell signals

-Android (Galaxy Tab S, Software 5.0.2) one year old
-Android (Samsung Note 5, Software 5.1.1) brand new

Since update 2.4, the Tab S has:
-- suffered a extremely noticeable FPS drop looking through bushes, smoke, and when near other tanks.  The FPS drop makes gameplay virtually impossible.  
--  game generally lags, forcing many missed shots 
--  ping has gone up

Since update 2.4, the Note 5
-- The garage screen has many missing elements.  The immediately around the tank is visible, but is invisible a few "yards" from the tank.  Frequently (about 50% of the time), the actual tank is invisible (except the tracks and the barrel).  This is all tanks in the garage.
--  In game, frequently (about 50% of the time), many of the buildings are invisible.  They are there, but I can see through them (but can't shoot through them, unfortunately).  Game play is impossible with this bug.
-- In game chat:  cannot select Platoon/Team/Global.  The selection bar is hidden by the keyboard.  All chat goes Global.

Please let me know when you are going to fix these major issues.  

ahredstealth #2 Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:10 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]
I have also noticed lag through bushes and around other tanks, and my ping is higher then previous.  I thought it may be "my" internet, but it is overall higher on every one of the WiFi points I have used previously, and that seems odd to me... doubtful it's on my end when they all seem to be struggling.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

EFLICK72 #3 Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:22 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6935 battles
Same issues with my galaxy s6. The "invisible" buildings is killing my gameplay. And it seems to be getting worse. 

Ookla_the_Mok #4 Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:24 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28143 battles
  • [BRSKT]

I have had graphics glitches and assorted oddities, but thankfully it has settled down.

I am suffering lag upon first game like nobody's business. Enough that I now wait before first game and hope for the best. I would target my internet as the culprit but other apps and devices are not having the same issue. I might buy a new router anyway and see what happens.

In the past, when I had issues, I reset my wifi channels and this can help if you are getting interference from others. THere are many free apps to help with this.

[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 72% Gritty content.

shadodark #5 Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18744 battles
  • [SRT-A]

I run on a Nvidia shield tablet and an aging LG G3.

Have noticed the new update seems to require more processing/video power...have had to dumb down quality to maintain 60 fps.  I have removed HD textures from my G3, but kept it in my tablet.  All other settings are low.  Notice a bit extra lag when have to draw complex stuff like bushes/faded bushes.  But with settings dumbed down, it works.

Main issue I have is the app crashes in battle...when too many elements are on screen...usually worst possible time when battling another tank.  Once I quit and restart, usually doesn't happen again, but I get these crashes about 2x/day.  And a lot of the crashes cost us the game...because by the time i'm logged back in...i'm dead.  I suspect the crash is when there is a spike in necessary processor/video power.

AASHKC #6 Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:53 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14466 battles
  • [MOM5]
I've been averaging about 45 ping/55 fps. But during play, ping skyrockets while frame rate drops dramatically. The usual WG answer is that it must be my network. But since 2.4, I know it isn't.

My Device (Android)Samsung Galaxy Note Pro--12.2''

Clan: Proud to be a M.O.M

Looney-Tooners founded by myself & Acrisis

Tiny_pickle_in_my_pants #7 Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:55 PM

Private

• Players
  • 14476 battles
  • [DD-R]
Yep having the same issues, lags enough for me to not play until they fix it :-(.

MarBearCat #8 Posted 18 December 2015 - 03:15 AM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22325 battles
  • [SDWA]

View Postshadodark, on 17 December 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

I run on a Nvidia shield tablet and an aging LG G3.

Have noticed the new update seems to require more processing/video power...have had to dumb down quality to maintain 60 fps.  I have removed HD textures from my G3, but kept it in my tablet.  All other settings are low.  Notice a bit extra lag when have to draw complex stuff like bushes/faded bushes.  But with settings dumbed down, it works.

Main issue I have is the app crashes in battle...when too many elements are on screen...usually worst possible time when battling another tank.  Once I quit and restart, usually doesn't happen again, but I get these crashes about 2x/day.  And a lot of the crashes cost us the game...because by the time i'm logged back in...i'm dead.  I suspect the crash is when there is a spike in necessary processor/video power.

I too have a new Nvidia Shield and still having trouble with this app crashing/force closing. I have very little on

this tablet in the way of other apps. Forced closed on me twice in the first 30 min of playing.

On my Droid Turbo it runs fairly well, an occasional lag but no crashing.

I too have the graphics set to low.

Grrrrrrrrrr! 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!

MarBearCat #9 Posted 18 December 2015 - 03:18 AM

• Players
  • 22325 battles
  • [SDWA]

What I want to know is if my Droid Turbo or  Nvidia Shield, ( a gamer's tablet ) can't handle

the high graphics on this game, THEN WHAT CAN?

IBM'S Big Blue?

I mean really? Why use graphics like this in an app that no device can handle?!!!!!

Edited by marbearcat, 18 December 2015 - 03:18 AM.

MarBearCat #10 Posted 19 December 2015 - 04:42 AM

• Players
  • 22325 battles
  • [SDWA]
And the crashes continue

blindsniper74 #11 Posted 19 December 2015 - 05:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 40795 battles
  • [III-R]
I don't get crashes... just slow frame rate as described above (Tab S).  Have heard nothing from WG about my ticket, btw.  Note 5 is unplayable... 

Bowtech1020 #12 Posted 19 December 2015 - 06:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10502 battles
  • [KN-1]
Since downloading the new update I've also had issues onmy HTC one running 4.3. When clicked between menus chat, record, skills, ect.... My tank will disappear or just tracks and gun showing. I have noticed if I turn shadows off it takes problems away for most part. I have downloaded the 2 patches one this morning still not fixed with shadows on. I run everything on high with shadows off now. About 45fps avg sometimes certain maps will Flickr to. I really hope next update is better. Although I love himmelsdorf and new lost temple. Great job on those. No crashing yet thank god. Surprisingly can run on highest settings and still get good fps for most part. My device is 2 years old. I always turn auto sync off before starting game.

Edited by Bowtech1020, 19 December 2015 - 06:51 PM.

clever_pseudonym #13 Posted 20 December 2015 - 12:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33583 battles

The nVidia Shield is probably having issues related to the Tegra chip, like the Nexus 9. 

Sadly, the newest hotfix pushed to the play store (yesterday) still hasn't remedied any of the spawning or lag issues.

blindsniper74 #14 Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:28 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 40795 battles
  • [III-R]

Update:

Just downloaded a new Hot Fix Update  from the Play store.  The Note 5 (disappearing buildings) seems to be fixed.  Have not played many games but it seems good.

MarBearCat #15 Posted 20 December 2015 - 04:26 PM

• Players
  • 22325 battles
  • [SDWA]

View Postclever_pseudonym, on 20 December 2015 - 12:58 AM, said:

The nVidia Shield is probably having issues related to the Tegra chip, like the Nexus 9. 

Sadly, the newest hotfix pushed to the play store (yesterday) still hasn't remedied any of the spawning or lag issues.

This  might be over my head but, what is wrong with the Tegra chip working with this game? 

I thought Nvidia was the "Bee's knee's" in the gaming world.

MarBearCat #16 Posted 20 December 2015 - 04:43 PM

• Players
  • 22325 battles
  • [SDWA]

View Postblindsniper74, on 20 December 2015 - 03:28 AM, said:

Update:

Just downloaded a new Hot Fix Update  from the Play store.  The Note 5 (disappearing buildings) seems to be fixed.  Have not played many games but it seems good.

Well ok then. I just downloaded the update and will reboot the device and see what happens. 

Tanks for the info!

MarBearCat #17 Posted 20 December 2015 - 06:15 PM

• Players
  • 22325 battles
  • [SDWA]

OK, I did the latest fix, rebooted Nvidia

tablet. So far, 5 battles (4-1 :) ) but still having

crashes. 2 crashes, 1 during game.

Grrrrrrr

YOLO_LAY_HE_WHO #18 Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 32387 battles
 buildings and various objects missing/ popping in and out samsung galaxy 6 Android 5.1.1

tlouie #19 Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9642 battles
  • [TAT]
The recent WoTB Android update 2.4.0.168 did nothing to fix the long pre-battle delays I experience on my Nexus 9 tablet.

MarBearCat #20 Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:37 PM

• Players
  • 22325 battles
  • [SDWA]

I've had 3 crashes since installing the latest fix. Don't know how much I can complain though.

So far today with my tablet I'm 7-2 with 1 draw, 16 kills, being killed 3 times.

This is a milestone in my tanking career, LOL!

But seriously, crashes/force closing hasn't let up on the Nvidia tablet.

Not so much on the Droid Turbo phone.

I wonder what is the best device to use with this game, seems everyone has their troubles.

Come on WoT, get er right!

=^.".^=

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users