Platoon T8 or T6 [Mumble]

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

BearHawkMan #1 Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7711 battles
  • [DFNT]
What's up, I'm bearhawkman, and I would like to platoon with someone that would be able to use mumble and want/not mind being in my videos. If you don't know what mumble is, it's a computer program like teamspeak, but the quality is better (in my opinion). It's a 10 mb download, no registering for an acct, and I'll give you the login info if you pm me on the forums. Happy tanking!

YouTube: Here | Old Sig: Here

Come watch me play video games LIVE at twitch.tv/bearhawkman

Str8UpJack #2 Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15139 battles
  • [III-P]
I think I have mumble on my Mac.  If you're up for platooning PM me back the info and I'll come in from the shop.  I can use my T34 or 30.02m

Mobcrush.com/Str8UpJack / Founding Member of Triarii iii 

OGFiery #3 Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

Stop Tunneling Me

• Players
  • 36720 battles

View PostBearHawkMan, on 28 August 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

What's up, I'm bearhawkman, and I would like to platoon with someone that would be able to use mumble and wany/not mind being in my videos. If you don't know what mumble is, it's a computer program like teamspeak, but the quality is better (in my opinion). It's a 10 mb download, no registering for an acct, and I'll give you the login info if you pm me on the forums. Happy tanking!

The quality is better? ALL voice communications have compressed audio formats, which is why is sounds like crap when you try to play music through Skype, Teamspeak, etc. TS is easier to setup than Mumble. I tried Mumble first and it took me a day just to try to figure out the very un-friendly interface. It looked very un-sophisticated and just didn't seem very good.

Edited by concep, 28 August 2014 - 03:01 PM.

Tier Xs (in order of unlocking): T110E5, M48 Patton, T-62A, IS-7, E50M, IS-4, FV4202, T110E3, FV215b, Obj. 268, T110E4, Leopard 1, Obj. 140, STB-1, Obj. 263, T57 Heavy, AMX 50B, Bat Chat 25t

Most played tank: T-62A (3,100 battles)

Favorite Quotes                       #BACKFROMTHEGRAVE                                   YouTube Channel!

BearHawkMan #4 Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7711 battles
  • [DFNT]

View Postconcep, on 28 August 2014 - 08:00 AM, said:

The quality is better? ALL voice communications have compressed audio formats, which is why is sounds like crap when you try to play music through Skype, Teamspeak, etc. TS is easier to setup than Mumble. I tried Mumble first and it took me a day just to try to figure out the very un-friendly interface. It looked very un-sophisticated and just didn't seem very good.

Interface? It's relatively easy to configure. Just look up a guide online. Plus, servers are extremely easy to set up and there are lots of places you can get servers for free. Teamspeak doesn't have as many options to configure your audio input and output that mumble has. And the options they do have, don't work very well.  Mumble has the ability to lower people's volume when they are farther away from you in game and there is a perfect overlay. 

BearHawkMan #5 Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7711 battles
  • [DFNT]
And each voice chat program uses different codecs, which change the quality and bit rate.

OGFiery #6 Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

Stop Tunneling Me

• Players
  • 36720 battles

View PostBearHawkMan, on 28 August 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

Interface? It's relatively easy to configure. Just look up a guide online. Plus, servers are extremely easy to set up and there are lots of places you can get servers for free. Teamspeak doesn't have as many options to configure your audio input and output that mumble has. And the options they do have, don't work very well.  Mumble has the ability to lower people's volume when they are farther away from you in game and there is a perfect overlay. 

You must be using a different mumble than me. I tried using a free one and it wouldn't even begin to connect. Plus, I don't think you've ever used Teamspeak because it has a lot of different configurations for input and output. I don't know why they'd have options in their settings that would have no use. You can also lower and raise people's volume along with an overlay.

Mumble is just a tried copy of Teamspeak.

Edited by concep, 28 August 2014 - 03:21 PM.

Tier Xs (in order of unlocking): T110E5, M48 Patton, T-62A, IS-7, E50M, IS-4, FV4202, T110E3, FV215b, Obj. 268, T110E4, Leopard 1, Obj. 140, STB-1, Obj. 263, T57 Heavy, AMX 50B, Bat Chat 25t

Most played tank: T-62A (3,100 battles)

Favorite Quotes                       #BACKFROMTHEGRAVE                                   YouTube Channel!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users