SPUD SPUDX contest platoon eggnog

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

ahredstealth #1 Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:26 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

Yay!  It's Christmas time!  And other Winter Time Holidays that people may celebrate.  Hanukkah, Winter Solstice, Bodhi Day, Decemberween, and for those of you still playing World of Warcrack the Feast of Winter Veil.

And that means together-ness and Holiday Cheer.  We've got the lighthouse decorated up with multi-colored lights, empty beer cans, and whatever else that's green and red that we could find laying around without much effort.

And to Celebrate the fact that Persil fell of the ladder while decorating and didn't break anything (Mainly because he landed on Psyberius) we are going to do a little "togetherness" themed competition for every [SPUD] and [SPUDX] girl and boy.

So here's what we are looking for.

Screen shots of platooned battles from now until... well let's say January 28th at noon central time, because that seems like a sort of decent end date, with one member from [SPUD] and/or one member from [SPUDX] with the highest combined base XP of the two platoon mates.  We'll be running this for different tiers individually, with different prizes associated with the different tiers.

Tier 8 - Each winner will receive a 10 dollar gift card (iTunes or Google Play)

Tier 7 - Each winner will receive a 10 dollar gift card (iTunes or Google Play)

Tier 6 - Each winner will receiver a custom made signature done by Tinmanic to fit their very own style and personality (At very least a 10 dollar IRL value)

Tier 5 - Each winner will receive a 10 dollar gift card (iTunes or Google Play) *CH III not eligible because it's broken OP with it's XP multiplier.

Tier 4 - Each winner will receive a custom Stick man/MS Paint Avatar done by myself (ahredstealth) to fit their very own style and personality.  (At very least a 14 cent IRL value)

Tier 3 - Each winner will receive a custom digital mystery prize from the Tater Council.

Each tier must have it's own unique platoon team to be a valid entry.  (That means that if Persil and Psy enter a platoon game for tier 8, they cannot enter any other tiers with that same platoon.  They must have different partners for every tier they enter.)  If their entry at tier 8 gets beat, they can then re-enter a new game at tier 8, or any other tier.  So to make an entry for all six eligible tiers, you must have six different platoon mates.

To enter please post up the Personal results page and the Battle results page of any battle between now and the end time.  (The first page that says "Victory! or Defeat! or Draw!" with the time stamp on it, and the page with all 14 tanks with the damage and base XP on it for everyone.)  Only one person from the platoon needs to post to enter for both parties.

Because we want everyone to feel like a special and unique snowflake here in SPUD(X) each person will only be eligible for one prize each.  If someone wins multiple tiers, we will ask them which prize they would like, and then go to the next highest base XP in the next highest "combined XP pair" of the second place platoon.  (I think that sounds more confusing then it is.  We'll go to the next highest platoon, and the higher of the two gets the prize.  Hope that's easier to understand.)  (**That means if your partner already won something, the platoon mate of the highest XP combo still wins, and then next platoon down, the highest base XP guy gets the next prize.)  {okay, I'm going to stop on this now, because it's getting ridiculous.}

Also, here at SPUD(X) we realize that tanking skills aren't really the only reason you're camping out at the lighthouse with the rest of us.  We like Campfire Stories.  (Me more then anyone else.)  So our Wise and Generous Ookla the Mok has volunteered up a bonus prize for the Best Story Posted (hereby referred to as BSP) in this thread regarding a Platooned Game in the Contest Time Frame (Judged solely by the Mok).  Even I don't know what the prize is, but I'm going to be bringing my A-game in author-ific attempts to win it.  Challenge dropped!  Who will Accept?

Feel free to ask questions, voice concerns, spread holiday cheer, and post up winning screen shots.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TATER-NATION BOYS AND GIRLS!

Edited by ahredstealth, 29 December 2015 - 03:32 PM.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

ahredstealth #2 Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:27 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

Leader Board To Date (1/22/2016 4:20 PM Central Time)

VIII - Blartch/SonnetVolta - Combined XP ~ 2360

VII - Gusman4/Psyberius - Combined XP ~ 2101

VI - Furicle/Paukenwirbel - Combined XP ~ 2053

V - Blartch/Ookla - Combined XP ~ 1775

IV - Blartch/SteelCityHammer - Combined XP ~ 1622

III - Persil/Gusman4 - Combined XP ~ 1246

Blartch and Gusman are entered for at least two slots, and at this point will have their choice of prizes.   GG guys, way to make friends!

Edited by ahredstealth, 25 January 2016 - 02:15 PM.

Ookla_the_Mok #3 Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:32 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28591 battles
  • [BRSKT]

Reserved for any clarification regarding story time and to eventually post the winner.

Your story will be judged on secret criteria that may or may not lean towards creativity, drama, humor, off-hand references, and assorted linguistic shenanigans.

The prize will be better than a pair of old socks, but not as sweet as a new car. Think of this as you choosing door number two on a game show. They reveal door number one as a new car, bummer. Door number three is a donkey wearing a tutu. You're going to be happy with door number two, mostly because you do not become the owner of some high maintenance diva donkey.

Edited by Ookla_the_Mok, 23 December 2015 - 07:38 PM.

[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 46% Dale Doback, 28% Gritty, and 26% folklore.

SieurPersil #4 Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:37 PM

Knight of the Round Potato

• Players
  • 25048 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Thanks for breaking my fall Psy ! Sorry about your broken bot parts. I'll get you new ones from Hackers R Us as soon as I can.

Just to be certain a platoon of Spud-Spud, Spudx-Spudx or Spudx-Spud are all valid ?

Volunteer Tater Ambassador - Potentate Relationship Manager - Inter Clan Camping Liaison Officer. Knight of the round potato. Information regarding the hamac or our adirondack chairs available. Quote of the moment : "Will focus fire on WriterDude for beer"

furicle #5 Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:38 PM

Tuber or not tuber...

• Players
  • 50856 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Um,  it says one SPUD and one SPUDx in the instructions.  Thought that was the plan?

_______  __  _____      
  / __/ _ \/ / / / _ \
 _\ \/ ___/ /_/ / // /
/___/_/   \____/____/

Prammo comes naturally to a golden russet...

ahredstealth #6 Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:43 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postfuricle, on 23 December 2015 - 01:38 PM, said:

Um,  it says one SPUD and one SPUDx in the instructions.  Thought that was the plan?

Yeah, I don't really care if it's a SPUD/SPUDX platoon, or a SPUDX/SPUD platoon, but I would like to see inter-clan relationships building, which is why I went with one from each tag.

Good question though!

ahredstealth #7 Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:49 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Posthatedfate, on 23 December 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

reserved:

who's open spud?

I do not understand your question.

Nightwind22 #8 Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:52 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5275 battles
  • [SPUD]
Wait if I win can I just get a life time supplies of taters

hatedfate #9 Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:57 PM

Reality continues to ruin my life.

• Players
  • 29507 battles
  • [RGN]

View Postahredstealth, on 23 December 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

I do not understand your question.

shhhhh

I'm in spud its all good :P

I'm just an undercover agent. 

t4four #10 Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:59 PM

Fix the cigarette lighter

• Players
  • 39604 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Aw crap...math.  Will you allow a day or so for clan jumping so the numbers can even out? How will this affect enrollment/recruitment. Any more new blood allowed?
I like turtles

ChunkySquirrel #11 Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:01 PM

The Witcher

• Players
  • 15009 battles
I had a spud earlier today call me a noob caus he died first and i flanked and insulted me the whole game even tho we won 7-3 and i got 3 and a half k damage

Wenn vor uns ein feindlicher Panzer erscheint,
Wird Vollgas gegeben und ran an den Feind.
Was gilt denn unser Leben für uns'res Reiches Heer? Ja, Reiches Heer.

Für Deutschland zu sterben ist uns're höchste Ehr'.

Ookla_the_Mok #12 Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:20 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28591 battles
  • [BRSKT]

Rommel, it is up for you to decide if you want to contact leadership via PM or use a contest thread to complain about an incident.

Choose wisely.

[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 46% Dale Doback, 28% Gritty, and 26% folklore.

ruggs225 #13 Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:26 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31216 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Great idea guys, looking forward to platooning with more of you. 

Also so it's good that it will push people to friend each other in game to see who is on or not. 

Edited by ruggs225, 23 December 2015 - 08:27 PM.

ahredstealth #14 Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:47 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postt4four, on 23 December 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

Aw crap...math.  Will you allow a day or so for clan jumping so the numbers can even out? How will this affect enrollment/recruitment. Any more new blood allowed?

As long as the Clan Tag is after your name in the screen shot, I'll allow an entry into the contest.  (For Existing SPUD/SPUDX members hoping back and forth, I'm going to say that you need to be in the clan (ie: Have a TAG) for the purpose of this contest, because I was kinda hoping for everyone to make new friends and platoon with new people, so hoping back and forth to get platoon mates wasn't really what I had in mind...

I suppose I could flip-flop on that verdict if I have a good enough argument put up by someone.  Johnny Cockhran me if you feel that strongly about it.

ahredstealth #15 Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:52 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Post_ErwinRommel__, on 23 December 2015 - 02:01 PM, said:

I had a spud earlier today call me a noob caus he died first and i flanked and insulted me the whole game even tho we won 7-3 and i got 3 and a half k damage

My PM box is always open.  I have not received anything yet.

cashcashme #16 Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:08 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6708 battles
  • [SPUD]
Reserved

Ahredstealth, on 01 July 2016 said:

I love the new economy.  It's stupid.

"If you can't take the pain, then don't play the game"

#YOLOboy                                                                                                                                                                   Worst timing of anyone in [SPUD(X)]

t4four #17 Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:19 PM

Fix the cigarette lighter

• Players
  • 39604 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Next round of questions. Say Psy posts a tier 8 entry with Alphabet. Is that it for Psy at tier 8 or can he post another entry at tier 8 with Gusman if he gets a higher combined damage. Next one: Say Psy and Alphabet post a tier 8 and a couple days later just really rock one out. Can they repost? What I am getting at here is that I would like entries posted early so we can see where the bar is set. If we can only post once, you will be buried at the end of the contest.
I like turtles

ahredstealth #18 Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:43 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postt4four, on 23 December 2015 - 03:19 PM, said:

Next round of questions. Say Psy posts a tier 8 entry with Alphabet. Is that it for Psy at tier 8 or can he post another entry at tier 8 with Gusman if he gets a higher combined damage. Next one: Say Psy and Alphabet post a tier 8 and a couple days later just really rock one out. Can they repost? What I am getting at here is that I would like entries posted early so we can see where the bar is set. If we can only post once, you will be buried at the end of the contest.

First question.  If Psy and Alphabet post up a tier 8 game and then later Psy and Gusman have a better Tier 8 game, then I suppose Psy or Gusman can post up that game, as it's a new platoon'd game.  Poor Alphabet will have to go out and try again.

Next Question.  If Psy and Alphabet run a platooned game, and post it, and it stands as the top game, they may not post a better game for that tier, no.  If they really want to, they can save it for if they get knocked off the pedestal, but who knows if that may or may not happen.  I don't think it will be to bad, but who knows... maybe I'm wrong.  I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.

Also, I'm going to say that I am not eligible for prizes, as I'm freak'n special, but I will say that I am eligible to run platoons, and [SPUDX] plus Stealth results will count for said other player.  (ie: If we end up as top combined XP, the other person will win, and then we'll roll to the next highest platoon game/high XP player.)  Mainly because I still want to have fun with friends.  Also, let's be honest, I'm a skrub, and only stand a chance in tier 3/4 anyway.

Psyberius #19 Posted 24 December 2015 - 01:52 AM

Prestige Worldwide

• Players
  • 29243 battles

View PostSieurPersil, on 23 December 2015 - 02:37 PM, said:

Thanks for breaking my fall Psy ! Sorry about your broken bot parts. I'll get you new ones from Hackers R Us as soon as I can.

Just to be certain a platoon of Spud-Spud, Spudx-Spudx or Spudx-Spud are all valid ?

Hey. What are friends for? LOL

Looks like it's time to go shopping for a new motivator...

"I have come here to kick @$$ and chew bubblegum.

...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

ahredstealth #20 Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:02 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]
Okay, per persil's request, any spud platoon combo will work.  Spud/spud and spudx/spudx will also work.

Also tagged with SPUD, SPUDX, contest, platoon, eggnog

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users