• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Zip_Zip #21 Posted 24 December 2015 - 08:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 43386 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postahredstealth, on 24 December 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

Okay, per persil's request, any spud platoon combo will work.  Spud/spud and spudx/spudx will also work.

cool and reserved

Always remember, wherever you go, there you are...

164 tanks mastered // Have tanks, will battle // Click here for my youtube channel 

Ammo #22 Posted 24 December 2015 - 09:02 PM

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

• Players
  • 30455 battles
  • [CYCLN]
Stealth your contests are too long, January 28th is like thirty some days from now and I get easily distra oh football is on.

As seen in game chat "ammo sux"

Blitz Community Coalition

PianoClassical #23 Posted 25 December 2015 - 01:28 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27789 battles
  • [SPUDX]

To get things started...

Tier VIII - bccchu / PianoClassical - 2170

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.” 

― A.A. Milne

tinmanic #24 Posted 25 December 2015 - 08:30 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29280 battles
  • [SPUD]
YES, will be fun!!   Hope someone throws me a pity-platoon now & then.  Am having flashbacks of striking out at school dances...and all 4 years of high school...and college...and...

Stealth & Tinman looking spudly

My Stats:

Gusman4 #25 Posted 26 December 2015 - 04:57 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21597 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Looks like this will be fun great idea red.  Here is one thought I'd throw in there :) tier 5. Thanks piano.  1560

http://i165.photobuc...35/image_36.png

http://i165.photobuc...35/image_35.png

Edited by Gusman4, 26 December 2015 - 04:27 PM.

t4four #26 Posted 26 December 2015 - 06:28 AM

Fix the cigarette lighter

• Players
  • 39604 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostGusman4, on 25 December 2015 - 10:57 PM, said:

Looks like this will be fun great idea red.  Here is one thought I'd throw in there :) tier 7. Thanks piano.

http://i165.photobuc...35/image_36.png

http://i165.photobuc...35/image_35.png

Gus...these are tier 5 shots. Heck of a game though

Edited by t4four, 26 December 2015 - 06:30 AM.

I like turtles

Gusman4 #27 Posted 26 December 2015 - 07:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21597 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Haha yup v it was.

Blartch #28 Posted 27 December 2015 - 09:40 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 64268 battles
  • [BRSKT]
If any SUPDX's haven't friended me yet in game, please do.

raptor2442_2014 #29 Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:32 AM

Private

• Players
  • 2073 battles

So no one outside of clan can post????

raptor2442_2014 #30 Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:34 AM

Private

• Players
  • 2073 battles

Can people outside of clan post?

ahredstealth #31 Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:24 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostAmmo_Delivery, on 24 December 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

Stealth your contests are too long, January 28th is like thirty some days from now and I get easily distra oh football is on.

Ammo, I agree that some of our contests require a vast amount of stamina, but with this particular contest we thought it best to start it over the holidays for those Potatoes that have Winter Break, and then also keep it going after the holidays for those of us that have to do two weeks of family.  Plus I believe we also have some Clanners that can't always post for extended periods of time, and this gives everyone in the clan a chance to participate.

Not all contests will be this long.  I promise.  Thanks for the feedback though.  It is appreciated.

View Posttinmanic, on 25 December 2015 - 02:30 AM, said:

YES, will be fun!!   Hope someone throws me a pity-platoon now & then.  Am having flashbacks of striking out at school dances...and all 4 years of high school...and college...and...

I saw you on the other night.  Feather caught me and wanted to run a few games, but otherwise, I'll run with you any time you want...  I'll even put on the prom dress if it helps with the school dance thing, but you better be taking me to Red Lobster before hand then.

View Postraptor2442_2014, on 28 December 2015 - 12:34 AM, said:

Can people outside of clan post?

This is a Clan only contest right now, sorry.  Wargaming has many contests going, and I believe there are also some other people with open contests.  Thanks for your interest.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

razernaga2014 #32 Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:41 PM

I drink and I know things.

• Players
  • 12126 battles
  • [SPUD]

Me + Archie761 for Tier 7

Spoiler

I have quit the game for now.  It is no longer what I began playing in 2014, and while change is not inherently bad, it is also not inherently good either.  

How To Crossfire

Former [SPUD] longtime member

ahredstealth #33 Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:11 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]
updated leader board.  Yay.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

Blartch #34 Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:34 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 64268 battles
  • [BRSKT]

Usurping Tier 8 (2251 xp) with our lovely and talented Mr. Archie761.  Don't let the numbers fool you, Archie got focused-fired hard but dished out more than his share.  I just stole flank shots all game.

Edited by Blartch, 28 December 2015 - 07:38 PM.

WhaleSmacker #35 Posted 28 December 2015 - 08:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17137 battles
  • [SPUD]
First off to be clear this will not be my tier 8 entry.

It's a story. :great:

So as many of you know I've been feverishly grinding for the ISU-152, I got it just today, and let me tell you something. It's not too bad. 

Spoiler

No, not like that.

Spoiler

Like that, much better, thanks Obama (did ya catch that?). Anyways, it was a big relief getting this tank as it did live up to my expectations. As a matter of fact I mastered it under 20 games, let me tell you how it happened. It was a cold winter night, with a chilling breeze....... No not really -_-. So up until this point I was going solo trying to master the art of no turret without becoming dependant on a toon mate and also because of my sporadic playing schedule. So one of my old buddies xIWONULOSTx requested and he was a very good player and odds are he could help me pad my isu stats. So I accept and he says he wants to grind the tier 9 t30, and I say ok considering I can already meet tier 10s so no biggie, really. 

So we hop in a couple games and we're getting rofl stomped to death. But I'm having fun, I'm learning good sniping spots and all. xIWONULOSTx on the other hand, lets just say he's not afraid to call out people's faults, not afraid at all :DYet we keep on going, keep on playing. And then Port Bay pops up on my screen and the mm doesn't look too good. It's our t30(xIWONULOSTx), and 2 tiger 2s. Against their e75, 2 tiger 2s, and an is6. 

Game starts off....

Spoiler

Lol, I wish I had that guy narrating everything, or maybe a WWE commentator, or a soccer commentator. 

Anyways we go flank to the hills and I go to the far side where the meds go. We met no resistance. Upon noticing this me and IWON stoped and turned around while the rest of the tanks went on to flank. You know that feeling when you know you've made a bad tactical descion and you're just hoping for a miracle, it was one of those moments. We thought we'd signed our own death warrants and there was no turning back now. So I say "dig in" hoping to hold the enemy off long enough for the pincer manuver to kill them off. It wasn't the pincer move that was going to kill them off though. :D

We spawned where the red circle is and IWON moved along the red line while I moved along the blue, we both stopped at the black dot.

Spoiler

I moved into the little crevice while IWON maneuvered to attempt to hide his hull behind the ridge that leads to that snipers nest. 

We waited, you could almost hear a pin drop. The distant cannon sounds were oddly calming, then suddenly my binos spotted something. 

Spoiler

Over the horizon like a deathly hollow or Dementor(from Harry Potter search it up)(too late)

Spoiler

The e75, the 2 tiger 2s, and the is6. From the looks of it the rest of the team wouldn't be here for a while except for a tiger 2 who popped up out of no where and nearly got me killed. As a matter of fact idk what the team was doing considering we were fighting the bulk of the enemy. Probably eating popcorn and watching cause it was so good :B.

Spoiler

Me and IWON are the green dots. The orange dots are the 2 tiger 2s and the is6. The red line and dot is where the e75 moved along and stopped.

Spoiler (probably want to stop other vid)

I saw them before the saw me and pumped a shot into the tiger 2 and hid waiting to be spotted back, but no lightbulb, so I decided to keep shooting until I was spotted. (Bang! We've got em! Boom! We've damaged enemy armour! Bang! We've just pinged them!) When I was spotted, all the damage came at once leaving me on like 400 hp.(We've been hit!) IWON was anxiously waiting and when they came he wasn't so anxious anymore. They were pummeling him especially the e75 who had a surprising amount of gun depression and was able to work the ridge line. As we desperately tried to focus fire and hold them off. Boom! We got the tiger 2 down. The other tiger 2 got a rush of blood and rushed IWON so I took the risk and shot the tiger 2 in the side of the turret and IWON shotgunned him. In doing that the is6 landed a meaty shot and left me on 50hp so I cowered I'm the corner. The team was still no where to be seen. (Their popcorn couldnt have lasted that long, could it?) Then the e75 got a thirst for some isu blood and came over the ridge to finish me off, just at this time our tiger 2 shows up right behind me( he could've been there earlier but I just didn't notice him) blocking me dead. And it was at this moment I knew I'd f****d up.(excuse the language)

But I still had an ace up my sleeve.......... I was driving a Russian tank, was grinding Russian tanks for days now, and I have also paid my dues to Stalin.......... Yup he bounced (no thanks to Stalin of course). Our tiger 2 tracked him(so at least he did something) I quickly slammed him in the side and IWON finished up the double tap with a nice roll of 700. The e75 rolled back into cover with only about 100hp but we were both one shots for the e75 and he wasn't going anywhere. So we waited.

Spoiler

We waited, and waited, and waited, and waited, and waited. Then eventually got tired of this e75s antics.

Do you guys know when just a sliver of a tank is showing but they're far away so you don't if there's actually something in the way like the ground. Well it was like that, just the vey top of the e75s turret was showing. My crew wasn't even maxed at this point, it was 80% and I was running increased rations, so it was like 90%. I aimed at that part of the turret not knowing whether or not it was possible to hit with such an inaccurate cannon. I aimed and aimed, and the gunner must've gotten the memo because he downed a whole bottle of vodka and splashed some in his eyes immediately acquiring eagle vision and the blessings of Stalin, so much so he punched out the vision ports and just looked with his own eyes.

He turned the tank slowly and carefully, and bam!

Spoiler

Shots out, Stalin was with me that day and guided the HE shell straight into the commander's lap.

We got em!

Spoiler

I had hit! It was a miracle! Halaluya! I never hit shots like that much less with a gun with such bad accuracy. This deserved a celebration!

Spoiler

It was a great day the golden arches was so sweet!

Spoiler

No not those golden arches, see these golden arches were killing mein another way, from pure excitement. It was a glorious day. And when I heard that people were being given a chance to tell their story? It only got better.

Meanwhile in the e75s garage looking at the post-battle results at my mastery badge thinking to himself about me.

Spoiler

I didn't even know I had gotten 5,000 dmg, it just happened. 

Spoiler

Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed this story. I would enter this as the tier 8 entry but that wouldn't be fun now would it? :justwait:

Edited by WhaleSmacker, 28 December 2015 - 09:19 PM.

SieurPersil #36 Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:21 PM

Knight of the Round Potato

• Players
  • 25048 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Great story Whale ! I got lost between Port Bay and Desert Sands in there somewhere. Your stalinium works in mysterious ways.....

Volunteer Tater Ambassador - Potentate Relationship Manager - Inter Clan Camping Liaison Officer. Knight of the round potato. Information regarding the hamac or our adirondack chairs available. Quote of the moment : "Will focus fire on WriterDude for beer"

SieurPersil #37 Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:32 AM

Knight of the Round Potato

• Players
  • 25048 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Persil and Blartch beat Razernaga and Archie at tier VII

http://imgur.com/a/6inTw

Volunteer Tater Ambassador - Potentate Relationship Manager - Inter Clan Camping Liaison Officer. Knight of the round potato. Information regarding the hamac or our adirondack chairs available. Quote of the moment : "Will focus fire on WriterDude for beer"

Paukenwirbel #38 Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:02 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41071 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Paukenwirbel and Gusman4 with the first entry for Tier VI --

Spoiler

Edited by Paukenwirbel, 29 December 2015 - 12:38 PM.

Archie761 #39 Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:02 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27721 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Spoiler

That was truly a fantastic game by my toonmate, Blartch.

I spent most of my limited time in game getting shot in the face continually then ghost following after my untimely and overextended death. I couldn't type fast enough to be much help but that didn't really matter in the end, Blartch had everything under control. 

It was a classics 2 on 1 at the end with snapshots, KV-5 reverse driving (to hide the machine gun weak spot) and bounces. The reds pincered at the end I was positive the KV didn't have the turret traverse to finish it. Just one of those Wow games. 

Blartch #40 Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:02 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 64268 battles
  • [BRSKT]

Didn't see anything posted for tier 4, so here's one... SieurPersil & I putting down a pair of nasty, treacherous, wicked hobbits... er, Triarii seal clubbers, 1260xp.  Easily beaten, but hey, free monkey.

Wish I knew how to post in spoilers.  Sorry.

Also tagged with SPUD, SPUDX, contest, platoon, eggnog

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users