IS-7 gameplay by Russian ultra-unicorn

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Nek3d #1 Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:24 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 36892 battles
  • [SCAMO]

I found this video on Ru forum. The guy who recorded it is one of the best (if not the best) players in Blitz - c_beptyxu_b_yxo. His stats are 3400 avg dmg overall, over 4000 avg dmg in some tier 10s.

Lessons learned:

• SPAM GOLD!!! Even if you shoot only premium ammo in IS-7, you will still get credits in half of the cases
  • Watch minimap, predict next moves of enemies
  • Do not tunnel and only aim when almost reloaded
  • If you care about avg dmg, leave 50-100 hp enemies to your teammates and move on to someone with more hp

Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash. © George Patton

Unitater #2 Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22189 battles
Lol I've used pure APCR on my IS7 since I got it a year ago

All tier Xs acquired. Professional premium tank collector for WoTB.

Please check out my youtubeYOUTUBE CHANNEL!

Links to my guides can be found on my about me page (on profile)

Casual tanker, forum user, and pledge signer

Silevern #3 Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:52 AM

To Valhalla! Witness me!

• Players
  • 17611 battles

That man has no regard whatsoever for credit expenses, eh? I'd love to be able to play like that, but, well...

andyllinger #4 Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:55 AM

Mr. Hyde encantador

• Players
  • 29400 battles
  • [--M--]
It wasn't very impressive tbh...

Tier X: Leo.1, E50 ME100, Jageroo, MAUS, E4E5, M48, T57, Obj.140, T-62, IS-7, IS-4, Obj.268, STB-1, 4202, BC.25T.

MajorTroller #5 Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23526 battles
  • [TITAN]

View Postandyllinger, on 01 January 2016 - 06:55 PM, said:

Ya man

WoT Blitz Russian Tank Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw5JnxVOd3-5jMlV09qx0qQ

MajorTroller #6 Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23526 battles
  • [TITAN]
One thing I took away from this is: I got more Xp on the IS-7 than him...:trollface:

WoT Blitz Russian Tank Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw5JnxVOd3-5jMlV09qx0qQ

LAPPELduvide #7 Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:26 AM

PhD in Dakimakura Engineering and Design M.S. in Waifu Studies

• Players
  • 24316 battles
  • [ANEKI]

View PostMajorTroller, on 01 January 2016 - 07:09 PM, said:

One thing I took away from this is: I got more Xp on the IS-7 than him...:trollface:

But are your IS-7 stats better than his? :trollface:

┬┴┬┴┤ (◕ᴗ◕✿├┬┴┬┴┤(ಠ﹏ಠ├┬┴┬

>>>Join [MAHOU/ANEKI] Discord!!!<<<

Best ANIME CLAN in the NA and a nice community for weebs. 

AntonioSoares #8 Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:38 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20350 battles
"you will still get credits in half of the cases" i'm a non-premium account pleb (at least right now, that is) and i can only hope to make 5k per win in a t110e5 if i use all my heat rounds (5).

Doctor_Avoido #9 Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:43 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32492 battles
  • [WEAK]
That's about par for the course.

Nek3d #10 Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:27 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 36892 battles
  • [SCAMO]

View PostAntonioSoares, on 01 January 2016 - 06:38 PM, said:

"you will still get credits in half of the cases" i'm a non-premium account pleb (at least right now, that is) and i can only hope to make 5k per win in a t110e5 if i use all my heat rounds (5).

I think unofficial WG policy is that tier 8 is last one that you can play with regular account and not be in the red on average. That is even worse for the tank lines added after IS-4 line - I just bought FV 215b (183) and there was not a single battle in which I earned more silver than spent.

View PostZennosha, on 01 January 2016 - 06:26 PM, said:

But are your IS-7 stats better than his? :trollface:

Tank Tier Battles Top Pos Win Rate STAR1 WN7 WN8 Survival Dmg Ratio Kills/Btl Kills/Death Hit Rate Avg Def Avg XP Avg Dmg Avg Spot Mastery Record Kills
ussr.gif   IS-7 10 2122 3
1.72 1496 3588 1.75
Ace
6K(9) 5K(37) 1K3(7) 

He is better than anyone on NA server. In our sandbox only Raptor is close with 3448 avg dmg, but he has only 100 battles.

View Postandyllinger, on 01 January 2016 - 05:55 PM, said:

I would say it is just another reminder that being true unicum is not about pulling insane carries 1-vs-7 every time. Rather it is about taking the most efficient and wise action in every moment of the battle, predicting what enemies and teammates would do 2 steps ahead and not making stupid mistakes :)

Minecraftexpert_25 #11 Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:24 AM

Not a Unicum

• Players
  • 32210 battles
  • [PRAMO]
All the lessons in this video I already employ but I still cannot do as much damage as him. 

January 28, 2016- The day Alo8ight moved on in his life from WG and WoTB. You will be missed o7.

March 27, 2017- Dogface takes over as senior producer for WoTB. Fate of Senator_Ratbat unknown.

Block Quote

"The darker the purple, the darker the soul." - Ancient WG proverb. -CrimsonMG

Up up down left right down up left left down <-----my super MLG pro strats 420 no scope headshot hacks (no credit to ksftwe whatsoever)

AntonioSoares #12 Posted 02 January 2016 - 05:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20350 battles

View PostMinecraftexpert_25, on 02 January 2016 - 01:24 AM, said:

All the lessons in this video I already employ but I still cannot do as much damage as him. 

be russian. set the in-game language to russian. move to russia. reroll in the russian server. embrace the russian.

Augustus_Sohn #13 Posted 02 January 2016 - 06:30 AM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 13366 battles
  • [III-H]

Lol. 

APCR> Skill

Not that this guy nor any other unicums don't have skill, but huge damage games which us normal proletarians rarely achieve -yet are regular for them- are easy when EVERY SHOT PENS. They will make excuses as to why their entire load out is APCR/HEAT, but they don't need to. It's in the game for a reason. If you are successful enough to pay for it, then do so; and on and on will your success continue. 

Look, unicums -or the rest of us who do the same- just admit that you're a prammo addict without prammo this game would be much different. 

Edited by Augustus_Sohn, 02 January 2016 - 06:32 AM.

WHO NEEDS ARTY WHEN YOU’VE GOT RNG TO MAGICALLY SCREW YOU?

Nek3d #14 Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:25 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 36892 battles
  • [SCAMO]

View PostMinecraftexpert_25, on 01 January 2016 - 08:24 PM, said:

I played couple of weeks on Ru server and gameplay is a bit different there. Teams are more organized than on NA server, probably because a lot more people have PC experience. I'd say less often people split or wander around the map uselessly, so teamwork is better. However, lot more often people do "bush kemp", especially on TDs, probably because on PC it is a legit tactics. It is hard to say how it adds up. I am really curious how top players of NA server compare to top players of RU server :)

View PostAugustus_Sohn, on 01 January 2016 - 10:30 PM, said:

Lol. 

APCR> Skill

Not that this guy nor any other unicums don't have skill, but huge damage games which us normal proletarians rarely achieve -yet are regular for them- are easy when EVERY SHOT PENS. They will make excuses as to why their entire load out is APCR/HEAT, but they don't need to. It's in the game for a reason. If you are successful enough to pay for it, then do so; and on and on will your success continue. 

Look, unicums -or the rest of us who do the same- just admit that you're a prammo addict without prammo this game would be much different. 

I do not think that your argument is valid. There are tanks in this game that do not have high-pen premium ammo: FV4202, IS-6, KV-5 (for last two APCR has less pen then regular AP on IS-3). However, unicums are as good in them as in other tanks. Besides, I bet nobody uses entire load of HEAT because it is useless against spaced armor.

In some tanks you just have to shoot premium ammo more often than regular ammo if you want to be effective in battles: T-54, E100, IS-6. For the rest, premium ammo gives only marginal advantage. I bet that even without it same people would be top players. A lot more depends on careful planning and situation awareness than on penetrating every shot.

LAPPELduvide #15 Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:28 AM

• Players
  • 24316 battles
  • [ANEKI]

View PostAugustus_Sohn, on 01 January 2016 - 11:30 PM, said:

Lol. 

APCR> Skill

I am more than proud to embrace the gold. The thing is, I'm not wasteful, and I don't play many tanks where APCR is gold. For example, I wouldn't waste an APCR round on a broadsided Cent 1, and in most of my tanks, as much as I would love to run a 100% HEAT loadout, it isn't practical or smart. Since HEAT suffers from the same normalization as an HE round it would and could be deadly when facing tanks with spaced armor. I've made the mistake of spamming too much gold, and it was both deadly and costly. 

Ksftwe #16 Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25683 battles
  • [PRAMO]

I'm not trying to downplay this guy or claim I'm better (because I'm probably not), but honestly it wasn't anything super extraordinary. I've seen how "the best" of NA play, and frankly, our best guys play just as well as him, if not better. There were times in the vid where he made some pretty unnecessarily aggressive plays, like letting himself get surrounded in that Desert Sands match when he KNEW there would be enemies everywhere if he chased after that ST-I. Did it work out, yes, but only because he got quite a few bounces, and it isn't what I would've done if I were in his place.

No doubt he's a phenomenal player; averaging 4k is probably helped by spamming gold but we all know gold doesn't turn a 40%er into an 80%er. Nonetheless, for somebody with jaw-dropping stats like that, he's really not THAT much different from the ultra unicums we have in NA.

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

LAPPELduvide #17 Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:12 AM

• Players
  • 24316 battles
  • [ANEKI]

View PostKsftwe, on 02 January 2016 - 01:35 AM, said:

I'm not trying to downplay this guy or claim I'm better (because I'm probably not), but honestly it wasn't anything super extraordinary. I've seen how "the best" of NA play, and frankly, our best guys play just as well as him, if not better. There were times in the vid where he made some pretty unnecessarily aggressive plays, like letting himself get surrounded in that Desert Sands match when he KNEW there would be enemies everywhere if he chased after that ST-I. Did it work out, yes, but only because he got quite a few bounces, and it isn't what I would've done if I were in his place.

No doubt he's a phenomenal player; averaging 4k is probably helped by spamming gold but we all know gold doesn't turn a 40%er into an 80%er. Nonetheless, for somebody with jaw-dropping stats like that, he's really not THAT much different from the ultra unicums we have in NA.

Yeah that's exactly what I noticed, he's the regular cookie cutter ultra unicum (I would say we have about 20 here in NA), he knows exactly what to do and won't go out and do something extremely stupid, but at the same time he did over extend himself a bit more than I would've expected and some parts he could've done a few things different. But overall he has extremely good fundamental play (which can be boring to watch) but it wins games, and it wins A LOT of games. I've found that when I can play with some of our ultra unicums, I can do some extremely long win streaks, survival streaks, and even streaks where I don't make one mistake for 20-30 games. It seems boring but I've found it to be very mentally draining trying to think 10 steps ahead of the enemy. That's why I just shut off my brain most of the time and play as a noob. 

Edited by Zennosha, 02 January 2016 - 09:14 AM.

Red_Ping #18 Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23015 battles
If the only thing keeping you away from spamming gold that you are afraid to lose credits, then you are doing it wrong.....

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.           

AntonioSoares #19 Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20350 battles

View PostTwistedMetaI_, on 02 January 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

If the only thing keeping you away from spamming gold that you are afraid to lose credits, then you are doing it wrong.....

no actually, you're doing it completely right. for apcr, that IS the only thing that would keep a logical person from loading full gold.

schematic #20 Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:39 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 49340 battles
  • [GRIM]

I prefer to look not at how extraordinary the gameplay was, and more on how well did he play his IS7 and what techinques? Did he angle, sidescrape, hulldown? Did he wiggle at all? Most importantly, what spots does he use  or prefer to shoot on other tanks and how many mistakes did he make during the game? 

I for one love the fact that he shoots APCR. You play tier x to win, period.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users