IS-7 gameplay by Russian ultra-unicorn

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

clever_pseudonym #21 Posted 02 January 2016 - 07:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33583 battles

Every time I casually turn away from a one shot who is being engaged by two or three greens, I get shot in the [edited].

Repeatedly.

I've stopped trusting other players as much as he trusts his teammates.

Three60Mafia #22 Posted 02 January 2016 - 07:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13080 battles
  • [FLOOP]

I'm not too much concerned with IS-7 pen, I am mostly concerned with the accuracy.

I only use gold when I'm hard pressed for it.

Prammo is the ultimate equalizer. It makes people not just rely on their armor passively. It makes you consider risks and calculate the potential damage you can take vs damage you can do. And also makes people know how to angle.

Of course, 95% of people just whine that they get penned, even when they can't even tell if it was prammo or not.

You expose yourself, you get penned. Whether it was prammo or not, matters little.

At tier 10, I try to play as if I have no armor and I assume everyone will pen.

On topic of the video: He is very good at positioning and picking his fights. For me, I either am too passive or too yolo. I need to find a middle ground in IS-7 and know when to push the frontline and when to hold it.

Edited by Three60Mafia, 02 January 2016 - 07:50 PM.

Click on signature to be taken to full stat page!

Ksftwe #23 Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25683 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostThree60Mafia, on 02 January 2016 - 02:42 PM, said:

I'm not too much concerned with IS-7 pen, I am mostly concerned with the accuracy.

I only use gold when I'm hard pressed for it.

Prammo is the ultimate equalizer. It makes people not just rely on their armor passively. It makes you consider risks and calculate the potential damage you can take vs damage you can do. And also makes people know how to angle.

Of course, 95% of people just whine that they get penned, even when they can't even tell if it was prammo or not.

You expose yourself, you get penned. Whether it was prammo or not, matters little.

At tier 10, I try to play as if I have no armor and I assume everyone will pen.

On topic of the video: He is very good at positioning and picking his fights. For me, I either am too passive or too yolo. I need to find a middle ground in IS-7 and know when to push the frontline and when to hold it.

There are ways to neutralize HEAT. It's called overangling, where you expose more of your tracks in the hopes that they hit it, while at the same time making your hull autobounce/near auto bounce. It's not a surefire way to be invincible, but it can turn a 100% guaranteed pen into a 70% guaranteed pen. But APCR is a different story since its penetration mechanics (apart from a small normalization difference) is the same as AP. You're just gonna have to avoid getting hit.

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

Nek3d #24 Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:40 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 36888 battles
  • [SCAMO]

View PostZennosha, on 02 January 2016 - 01:12 AM, said:

Yeah that's exactly what I noticed, he's the regular cookie cutter ultra unicum (I would say we have about 20 here in NA), he knows exactly what to do and won't go out and do something extremely stupid, but at the same time he did over extend himself a bit more than I would've expected and some parts he could've done a few things different. But overall he has extremely good fundamental play (which can be boring to watch) but it wins games, and it wins A LOT of games. I've found that when I can play with some of our ultra unicums, I can do some extremely long win streaks, survival streaks, and even streaks where I don't make one mistake for 20-30 games. It seems boring but I've found it to be very mentally draining trying to think 10 steps ahead of the enemy. That's why I just shut off my brain most of the time and play as a noob. 

I agree that effective gameplay in IS-7 looks pretty boring. I really wonder how this guy plays his mediums, guess it is more fun to watch. Unfortunately, this is the only video c_beptyxu_b_yxo posted so far.

Meanwhile, I posted a new topic with E 50 M gameplay by other skilled player from Ru server, check it out.

Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash. © George Patton

Three60Mafia #25 Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13080 battles
  • [FLOOP]
Small trivia: c_bertyxu_v_uho roughly translates as "spinning ear punch/kick"

Click on signature to be taken to full stat page!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users