T-150 or KV-1S

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

gritzmcfrettin #1 Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:45 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8586 battles
  • [NVA]
Hi all kinda new around these parts was just curious to hear people's opinion on these two tanks?

EpicSamson #2 Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:48 AM

HEAT spammer

• Players
  • 14881 battles
It depends on your playstyle ultimately, KV-1S has a higher alpha gun I believe and is a bit more mobile. On the other hand I believe T-150 has more armor and is slower than the KV-1S? Ultimately depends on what line you want to go: IS4, or IS7 line. Good luck deciding!

---OFFICIAL CERTIFIED HEAT SPAMMER--- 

#FREETHEM60 #M60GATE #LOYALTY

Player_5773117413 #3 Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:26 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 30807 battles
  • [SPUD]

Kv1s introduces you to the notorious Russian 122mm guns. While at tier 6 the accuracy, handling, and reload will be ridiculously poor, you still get incredibly powerful alpha damage. A single shot from the kv1s' top gun can potentially take anywhere from a third to half the damage off of one of its peers. On top of that, it introduces you to the heavium playstyle with lighter armor yet increased maneuverability.

the t150 I don't have too much experience with but its the more traditional heavy out of the two. The 107 is still pretty powerful for its tier but it's not as devastating as the 122. However, it does have thick armor which is even more effective when angled.

Further down the line, the pattern is the same. The kv1s leads to the so-called "is" line which ends with the is7 while the t150 continues on into the "KV" line which ends with the is4. The "is" line features pre-angled armor and more mobility while the "KV" line is generally slower but more heavily armored. Both lines contain nothing but great tanks so it's really up to you which one you want and which one you feel like you will enjoy more. If you want to see brawling action then go with the KV line but if you want some more flexibility then go with the is line.

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

Shawn__26 #4 Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:27 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 12643 battles
  • [DEF_D]
I prefer the KV-1S over the T-150. It has more mobility and Alpha on its gun. The T-150 is better at sidescraping. If you were really good with the Kv1 then maybe go for the T-150 because the playstyle is similar. Welcome to the forums

OronSonon #5 Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:49 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11413 battles
Personally not a big fan of the T-150. The gun missed way too many shots it shouldn't have so you have to spend a lot of time fully aiming your shots in order to not miss. And idk if it's just me but it seems like tier six get the worst mm so you get into a lot of tier eight games where your armor isn't great. 

Member of [RBLN] Rebellion 

Armor and Mobility: A Guide to Tactics — Part I and Part II

How to Become Unicum: Click Here for Pure Gold

MeKanism #6 Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:29 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 27 battles
KV-1S is alot more fun and has alot of fun when you get the IS-3. Or get the KV-2 and derp your way out of situations.

Aivris #7 Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:55 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8126 battles
  • [PBKAC]
I would recommend the KV-1S. As you progress down the line, many of the guns are used cross-branches between the IS-7 line and the IS-4 line. By going down the IS-7 line first, you won't have to grind through a stock ST-I, which I found to be an extremely difficult grind.

Radeid #8 Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1328 battles

I think KV-1S has much more potential out of these two. The mobility, the great gun (for tier 6) and the suprisingly bouncy front armor allow you to really turn games if you can find the right way to use those. This is not a brawler tank, however, so try to stay out of harms way (especially during the terribly long reload time). T-150 is slow and clumsy and, even though it can be a troll in tier 6 due to its armor, it's very poor in tier 8 where the armor is not that great, your gun doesn't pen well and any medium CODs you easily. KV-1S can be very good in tier 8 also if you know what you're doing. I personally prefer KV-1S because of this flexibility (I was much better in it than in T-150).

Btw, I think the tier 6-8 tanks of the KV-line (T-150, KV-3 and KV-4) suffer very much from the fact that, while they're quite overpowered in their own tier, they really lack the capacity to compete with higher tiers. So, some battles will be very easy and some extremely frustrating. The IS line doesn't have this kind of a problem.

vvk2 #9 Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:27 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 76343 battles
  • [SPUDX]

I played extensively both lines and they are both great - it is a matter of the playstyle you prefer as many suggested, although the KV line is easier that IS. and that especially applies to KV-1S vs T-150. 

Also as per fighting higher tiers, both lines do pretty well. And for the record - T-150 and KV-4 prammo has a better pen than KV-1S/IS-3 with is critical for +2 battles.

Radeid #10 Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1328 battles
Yes, the KV-line is certainly easier to do somewhat decently in, but the IS-line tanks give you so much more options due to the much better mobility.

Prywid #11 Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:44 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8167 battles
  • [III-X]
Both lines are great, I grind them simultaneously.

Flying_Cod #12 Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27109 battles
  • [III-C]
I thought the T-150 was op.  Then I picked up a KV-1S.  OMG is that tank op.  Just drive it like a medium and be hidden during the 3 minute reload.  Don't rely on the armor.

Ammo #13 Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:50 PM

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

• Players
  • 30460 battles
  • [CYCLN]

Given the map reworks, the T150 is a tough tank to play.  If all dunes, or all desert makes sense you're left following the team and hardly getting engaged.  The KV1S is far more mobile but you have to get used to the reload.  You need to choose your path so you can fire and back out to safety for 15 seconds.  On some maps that can get tricky too.

In the end, you'll probably get both so either path is likely just fine.

As seen in game chat "ammo sux"

Blitz Community Coalition

spamalot2010 #14 Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:12 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14880 battles

Kv-2 > than all others.

KV-1s-is3 are better tanks for better players and noobs alike.

T150-kv4 are armored beasts who can pass through entire battles bouncing all shells and bullying everything they come across.

also, when you get to tier 9. a maxed ST-I is far better than a maxed is8. there isn't even a competition between them.

gritzmcfrettin #15 Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8586 battles
  • [NVA]
Well I would just like to say thank you to all who took the time to share their thoughts and opinions on this subject. Looks like I will start with the Kv1s for now I have already grinded the xp for the 150 and kv2 just grinding credits now both will be soon to follow. Again thanks all!

ddoubletapp1 #16 Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:25 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8323 battles

I ground both lines at the same time.  I have an ace in the 150, but haven't aced the 1S yet.  However, I prefer the gameplay of the 1S better than the 150 - its quite fast, and has a great gun (though accuracy and reload make it challenging, at times!).

I've had more than a few games in the 1S, as the last survivor on my team - chasing the last survivor on the other team (often a medium) - and managing to run them down.

Quite a bit of fun!

As to subsequent tanks - you can't go wrong down either line.  The IS was a tough grind for me, but I am absolutely loving the IS-3 it led to.

The KV line is the easiest grind I've done so far - those things are damage-dealing monsters, and the XP piles up in a hurry!

Don't skip past the KV-2, though - its probably the tank most everyone turns to when a losing streak drags out a bit (or at least I do!).  Awesome fun with the derp gun!

"If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."

Heinz Guderian

https://www.youtube....ubletapp/videos

Gavidoc01 #17 Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:36 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 48893 battles
  • [III]

I would recommend grinding both at the same time. Both have their pros and cons. I really enjoy both of the tiers and have done the grind to Tier IX on both of them.

My opinion in a nutshell:

IS Line=Heaviums 

KV-1S: - First consideration: Run with the Mediums. Armor is not his strength. His gun is. Support your mediums and they'll appreciate the added power your gun brings. Need to really learn peekaboom play style. You sit still in one of these and you're dead.

IS: - First consideration: Run with the Mediums. Armor is not his strength. His gun is. Support your mediums and they'll appreciate the added power your gun brings. Need to really learn peekaboom play style. You sit still in one of these and you're dead.

IS-3: -First Consideration: Run with the Heavies. Play at the front lines with the other heavies. Armor not as reliable as a KV-4 but if you do a small wiggle it is very difficult to pen. Severe angled side scraping (and reverse sidescraping) work really well due to the angles on the side.  Does have the speed to pursue fleeing reds with ease. Could go with the mediums but for me, it's more heavy then heavium.

IS-8: First Consideration: Run with the Mediums. Returns to the playstyle of the IS. Armor is not his strength. His gun is.

KV Line=Pure Russian Unobtainum Armored Heavies

T-150-Plays upon the initial learnings in the KV-1. Sidescraping and weaving are a must. No speed. No gun depression. Plain and simple-You're a brawler. Utilize your tracks and carry multiple repair kits as you will be tracked regularly. Dont' rely on your armor straight on. It's no good. Neither is the side of your turret. Once the timer hits 2 mins, you better be close to the Cap. If there is one red left and he's a medium forget about catching him.

KV-3-Advanced version of the T-150. Upgraded turret is much better but you still have the same weak flat fronts found all the way back on the KV-1. You must sidescrape to be successful. I do not recommend the top gun. Too unreliable. Use the 85mm S-31. Faster reload and more pen for decrease in Alpha but worth it.  Once the timer hits 2 mins, you better be close to the Cap. If there is one red left and he's a medium forget about catching him.

KV-4-Similar to the KV-3 but a tier up with more armor. Again, no speed.  Once the timer hits 2 mins, you better be close to the Cap. If there is one red left and he's a medium forget about catching him. Here I recommend the 107mm ZiS-24 due to faster reload and pen.   

ST-I-Slightly different playstyle to the previous tanks. Upgraded turret and gun is an absolute must for this tank. Your sides are pathetic and weak making your normal angle of sidescraping a no-go. No longer should you rely on sidescraping but now your primary tactic is hull down. You have the best (IIRC) gun depression of any Russian heavy with the upgraded turret. You are a virtual rolling bunker of mass destruction with this animal but you are S.L.O.W. and you have a huge alpha gun with a slow reload. Agonizing at times.

I haven't played tier X of either line yet but these are my takes on them. Except for the IS-8 I'm over 60% in all of them using the above information. YMMV.

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

cheasesteak #18 Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:48 PM

Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

• Players
  • 23166 battles
  • [COD-R]

Agree on almost everything you said, but disagree on ST-I and side scrapping.  Does just fine even in tier -10 games.  

Oh, and I prefer the top gun on all tanks including KV-3. 

Edited by cheasesteak, 17 January 2016 - 06:52 PM.

Gavidoc01 #19 Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:33 AM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 48893 battles
  • [III]

View Postcheasesteak, on 17 January 2016 - 01:48 PM, said:

Agree on almost everything you said, but disagree on ST-I and side scrapping.  Does just fine even in tier -10 games.  

Oh, and I prefer the top gun on all tanks including KV-3. 

oh side scrape with the st. It's a must just not the same angle as a kv-3 or 4. I've found you need a more severe angle with the st vs the others. I normally agree on the guns except for the kv-3. All others I run the top gun. 

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

Three60Mafia #20 Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13087 battles
Im trying to get enough XP in KV-4 to get the ST-i.... but my god, I hate the KV-4.

This thing does well on like 1 - 2 scenarios... but in every other scenario, and most maps, it will be surrounded, outgunned and outmanuevered.

KV-4 is a tank out of time and out of place, I feel.

Hopefully ST-i, with it's actually decent alpha plays better.

Edited by Three60Mafia, 18 January 2016 - 04:58 AM.

Click on signature to be taken to full stat page!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users