Zip_Zip's Strategy guide

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Zip_Zip #1 Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 42461 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Here is my new strategy guide for beginners and intermediate players I hope you enjoy :)

Always remember, wherever you go, there you are...

164 tanks mastered // Have tanks, will battle // Click here for my youtube channel 

FunkSoulChicken #2 Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:11 PM

Thunderfunk

• Players
  • 45999 battles
  • [EQ-TR]
Only made it through the first one on break here at work but fantastic work so far, Zip_Zip!  Thank you!

Community Pledge Signer

ahredstealth #3 Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:11 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

I enjoyed the "Time" part of this.  I agree wholeheartedly that you cannot sit back and expect to win... You should be constantly trying to apply pressure, or moving somewhere to be in a better spot to apply pressure.

The only thing that I might not agree with is prioritizing heavy tanks.  I personally feel in a multi-tier battle, mid and low tier heavies are not that valuable.  They are slow, and their armor is not as good, and typically, their guns are lacking as well.

I'll usually prioritize the Red tank I have a good position on, too. 

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

Three60Mafia #4 Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13080 battles
  • [FLOOP]

Very thorough guide! And it is similar to my own decision making.

There are a lot of decisions that each player must take every second of the battle. All of them affect the outcome of battle. You also need to be able to react to changing battle situations and respond accordingly to various threats. Assessing the situation, identifying biggest threats and your own role in responding to them is the greatest skill you can have in the game. 

None of these things are expected from a mobile game, which is why I think a lot of newbs just play this like this was an arcade one-button mobile game that 99% of mobile games are. 

I will stand by and say that this game is NOT a casual game. 

Click on signature to be taken to full stat page!

Zip_Zip #5 Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 42461 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postahredstealth, on 05 January 2016 - 11:11 AM, said:

I enjoyed the "Time" part of this.  I agree wholeheartedly that you cannot sit back and expect to win... You should be constantly trying to apply pressure, or moving somewhere to be in a better spot to apply pressure.

The only thing that I might not agree with is prioritizing heavy tanks.  I personally feel in a multi-tier battle, mid and low tier heavies are not that valuable.  They are slow, and their armor is not as good, and typically, their guns are lacking as well.

I'll usually prioritize the Red tank I have a good position on, too. 

I did mention high tier heavies first. But I do agree high tier tanks should be prioritized but in some cases like the Tiger(s) and the KV's they are at home at the higher tiers they face. For instance I would prefer to target a KV-1 over an E8 any day if I have a shot on both. As new players develop they would learn which meds to prioritize over which lower tier heavies.

I feel now I should have been more clear, I'll be more mindful in the future. Thanks for the input Stealth. Your opinion is always valuable to me :)

164 tanks mastered // Have tanks, will battle // Click here for my youtube channel 

Turd___Ferguson #6 Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:29 PM

3.8 Wrecked Blitz

• Players
  • 35903 battles
  • [0081]
Plus one. Very well done. 

The phantom of the forums

“No dumb bastard ever won a war by going out and dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb bastard die for his country.” - George S. Patton

I don't always eat tacos, but when I do they're from here: http://www.districttaco.com

ahredstealth #7 Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:40 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostZip_Zip, on 05 January 2016 - 10:25 AM, said:

I did mention high tier heavies first. But I do agree high tier tanks should be prioritized but in some cases like the Tiger(s) and the KV's they are at home at the higher tiers they face. For instance I would prefer to target a KV-1 over an E8 any day if I have a shot on both. As new players develop they would learn which meds to prioritize over which lower tier heavies.

I feel now I should have been more clear, I'll be more mindful in the future. Thanks for the input Stealth. Your opinion is always valuable to me :)

Huh... Good comparison.  I have to be honest, I think the target of choice for me between an easy 8 and a KV-1 would be who has been a better player in that game...  Otherwise, I have to be honest I'm not certain if I would shoot at the KV-1 or the easy 8...  might also depend on what tank I was driving.  If I'm slow I might be all about taking down the medium because he can COD me...

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

Zip_Zip #8 Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 42461 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postahredstealth, on 05 January 2016 - 11:40 AM, said:

Huh... Good comparison.  I have to be honest, I think the target of choice for me between an easy 8 and a KV-1 would be who has been a better player in that game...  Otherwise, I have to be honest I'm not certain if I would shoot at the KV-1 or the easy 8...  might also depend on what tank I was driving.  If I'm slow I might be all about taking down the medium because he can COD me...

I agree if you recognize players as being skilled they should be priority. Very good point about the self preservation regarding the E8, hadn't considered that. 

Augustus_Sohn #9 Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:55 PM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 13368 battles
  • [III-H]

Well done sir!! Very well done! 

I can't say there's anything I don't like about these vids. Please keep it up!

WHO NEEDS ARTY WHEN YOU’VE GOT RNG TO MAGICALLY SCREW YOU?

spalling_apart #10 Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:08 PM

Oops, I spalled

• Players
  • 31346 battles
  • [III]

View PostAugustus_Sohn, on 05 January 2016 - 11:55 AM, said:

Well done sir!! Very well done! 

I can't say there's anything I don't like about these vids. Please keep it up!

+1

Psyberius #11 Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:12 PM

Prestige Worldwide

• Players
  • 29243 battles
I go for mediums first. As a class, they are typically the most maneuverable, have the best DPM and pose the largest threat to your team. Also, since they have less HP than heavies, they can be removed from the game faster. Heavies and slow TDs can be cleaned up later. But I also primarily drive mediums and this strategy makes the most sense for me. 

"I have come here to kick @$$ and chew bubblegum.

...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

nostuck2150 #12 Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 40291 battles
  • [SPUDX]

I am enjoying this Zip Zip..  Just made it through the first video this will help me as well as others.

easy plus + one from me thanks again.

Edited by nostuck2150, 05 January 2016 - 05:13 PM.

Archie761 #13 Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:27 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24680 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Damn, why am I just noticing this after lunch!

Thanks Zip, I look forward to watching all of them tonight after work.

furicle #14 Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:46 PM

Tuber or not tuber...

• Players
  • 47369 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postahredstealth, on 05 January 2016 - 11:11 AM, said:

I agree wholeheartedly that you cannot sit back and expect to win... You should be constantly trying to apply pressure, or moving somewhere to be in a better spot to apply pressure.

There's the rub.  When to push, and when not.   You medium drivers (cough) always think with the gas pedal :-)

Pushing in a med often increases your defense - you're harder to hit on the move.

Glass cannons are the other extreme.  Pushing drastically reduces their defense.

I'm probably too defensive playing most of my tanks, and overcompensate when I get behind the levers of something that actually moves forward. :-/

Slow learner :-)

Zip - a side note - more gain on the mic please!  I know there's some noise there it sounds like you gated nicely, but the ratio of voice to game sound is off a bit.

You could add a touch of reverb too, it's very dry.  A little wetter and it's actually easier to understand and masks some of the noise too.

_______  __  _____      
  / __/ _ \/ / / / _ \
 _\ \/ ___/ /_/ / // /
/___/_/   \____/____/

Prammo comes naturally to a golden russet...

Zip_Zip #15 Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 42461 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postfuricle, on 05 January 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

There's the rub.  When to push, and when not.   You medium drivers (cough) always think with the gas pedal :-)

Pushing in a med often increases your defense - you're harder to hit on the move.

Glass cannons are the other extreme.  Pushing drastically reduces their defense.

I'm probably too defensive playing most of my tanks, and overcompensate when I get behind the levers of something that actually moves forward. :-/

Slow learner :-)

Zip - a side note - more gain on the mic please!  I know there's some noise there it sounds like you gated nicely, but the ratio of voice to game sound is off a bit.

You could add a touch of reverb too, it's very dry.  A little wetter and it's actually easier to understand and masks some of the noise too.

great advice. I've been improving the mic sound but while I'm a video guy the audio end has a bit of a learning curve for me. Thanks for the suggestions.

mjm68 #16 Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:29 PM

M.C.R.D grad class of '86

• Players
  • 28060 battles
  • [III-S]
Thank you for taking the time to put this together. Happy Hunting 

Semper Fidelis

sed etiam periculosum veteres

spamalot2010 #17 Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:37 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14880 battles

Very well done. Very solidly founded strategies and reasons behind them.

As I've played more and gotten a little better, I've found myself prioritizing TDs and anyone i can get 2-3 hits on before they can get cover. Tds have low HP and are usually very well armed, so they make sense to kill first if they expose themselves. Meds move fast enough that its rare to be able to kill them outright before they get away. Exposed targets can be finished off, so they are priority, whether low tier or not. 

LoweExpectations #18 Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:46 PM

Icelandic

• Players
  • 14905 battles
Good ASMR too

Honors: Most Mentally Insane Leopard PTA Driver, Pioneer of the Dracuyolo, Guides.

_Willy #19 Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21080 battles
I love your voice, sounds like you're a hypnotist from one of the many online hypnotism videos I watched...

Alo8ight #20 Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:04 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1810 battles

View PostZip_Zip, on 05 January 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

Here is my new strategy guide for beginners and intermediate players I hope you enjoy :)

Love the content in these videos Zip! 

Creating the "strategy guides" videos are a good way to highlight best practices/strategies a player can take in a variety of situations. Looking forward to seeing more of these. 

:honoring:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users