The Time Has Come...

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

CalmSeasQuest #1 Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:01 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 64842 battles
  • [DD]

I've come to the conclusion that due to ever-diminishing player skills; solo play in pub matches is a losing proposition. It’s time to find a home. I'm applying for the job of Clan member and valued platoon mate.

My play thus far has been mostly solo (although platoon % is not currently available, IIRC about ~8% of my matches were platooned.) When I've had the opportunity to partner with players of similar abilities, it typically returns a ~65+% WR.  First my current stats,

CSQ Stats

Full stats available at http://wotbstars.com/index.php?usr=calmseasquest&geo=NA&lng=eng

The soft stats

• I'm older (51) and have many years MMO game play experience starting with Aces High when it first launched on AOL.
  • I played the first 10K+ games in Blitz solo with total disregard to WR and free XP'd my way up tiers long before I should have - My current WR% shows it.
  • IRL, I'm a business owner, pilot and employ ~100 staff. I understand and embrace commitment, discipline and the concept of team.
  • I freely use APCR/HEAT whenever it provides a tactical advantage and make no apologies for doing so (to me; winning is more important than credits.)
  • I reside in Michigan (Eastern time zone.) I'm online most days; early mornings and evenings, averaging 20+ GPD.
  • Equipment - I have (or could instantly add) most tanks. All tanks are maxed before leaving the garage and skills at 5+. I've got all the T10s except the Leo (I resolved not to purchase the Leo until my T10 med skills improve.)
  • I play the higher tiers almost exclusively (another reason why my WR is less than spectacular.)
  • I have TS and Discord and understand the critical value of communication during games.

Those that have fought with me know I'm straight forward and despise childish drama. I know my role based on player/tank/map compositions and execute them accordingly. (i.e. I virtually AWAYS rush the hill on mines and NEVER stop when in a medium.) I'll gladly step in front of shots to keep an ally (and their gun) in the game. 

CONS

• #1 fault - I'm too aggressive. I'm working on this, but that flaw largely becomes a strength when platooned with a similar skilled players.
  • I know my current WR% is below the averages of the top clans (see #1 fault.) I'm hopeful other compensating factors apply (i.e average higher tier play, damage dealt… ) and my commitment to continue improving my WR.

Thanks for your time and consideration. I look forward to an opportunity to platoon with mutually-interested clans to determine if I might be a good fit.

-Tom

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

https://www.blitzsta.../1009432656.png

hatedfate #2 Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:11 PM

Reality continues to ruin my life.

• Players
  • 29304 battles
  • [RGN]

hurm....

hmmmm....

-DD- is open :)

Ammo #3 Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:12 PM

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

• Players
  • 30453 battles
  • [ST0RM]
Good luck with your quest.  And that hit rate, is there a laser guided hack I don't know of?   o7

As seen in game chat "ammo sux"

Blitz Community Coalition

chrisliddle #4 Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:20 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23457 battles
  • [FROZE]

You should get the Leo because the only way to get good is to play it. The Leopard 1 is different than most mediums and can own any battle. It's a great tank.

Russian: IS-6, T-35-85 Victory, IS-7, IS-4, KV-5, Valentine II, SU-85i, LTP

USA: T34, T110E5, FURY, Pershing

German: Jadgtiger 8.8 Snowstorm, Pz4 Hydrostat, T15, E100, Lowe, T-25, Ferdinand

British: Matilda

CalmSeasQuest #5 Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:08 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 64842 battles
  • [DD]

View Posthatedfate, on 11 January 2016 - 10:11 AM, said:

hurm....

hmmmm....

-DD- is open :)

Thanks very much Hatedfate - I'd like to learn more.  Next steps? 

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

CalmSeasQuest #6 Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 64842 battles
  • [DD]

View PostAmmo_Delivery, on 11 January 2016 - 10:12 AM, said:

Good luck with your quest.  And that hit rate, is there a laser guided hack I don't know of?   o7

It's amazing what fear (fear of getting shot) will do for you. The shortest distance to a dead opponent is a straight; penetrating shot followed as quickly as possible - by another :)

Thanks AD

CalmSeasQuest #7 Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:16 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 64842 battles
  • [DD]

View Postchrisliddle, on 11 January 2016 - 10:20 AM, said:

You should get the Leo because the only way to get good is to play it. The Leopard 1 is different than most mediums and can own any battle. It's a great tank.

Thanks Chris - No doubt the Leo in the right hands is remarkable (seen enough first hand with great drivers to know.) But I also now my over-aggressiveness and slight lack of patience (both of which I'm currently working on) would spell certain doom in the Leo.

I'm working on the the STB-1, once I get competent maybe then it will be Leo time.

SoulCollector5150 #8 Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:38 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 42761 battles

View PostCalmSeasQuest, on 11 January 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

Thanks very much Hatedfate - I'd like to learn more.  Next steps? 

nice!  Hey Calm, your the only one I've ever recommended to the Clan (DD).  Always liked seeing you on my teams and a challenge when you're on the reds.  Think you'd fit in perfectly and you'll love the clan.   Glad Hated saw this.....his name carries way more weight than mine, lol

I too rushed to T10, didn't care about wr. and played to aggressive for my first 9000 battles.  Must be an age thing, ha. (I'm 43). The Leo 1 is awesome, it will make you a better player by causing you to rethink/relearn how to play the game.....Now I think I play to passively, sometimes.  Over thinking situations.  Anyways, you'll be good in it.

boomtankrival #9 Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:46 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13623 battles
  • [CYCLN]
Might be a little late but Thunderstorm would love you have you. We're a close knit clan and we platoon a lot and we support each other. If your interested let me know! 

'And on this day..... Shots were fired' 

Professional popcorn maker for sitting back and watching flame wars 

Dado_1968 #10 Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28306 battles
  • [MOM]

The two most age appropriate clans for you, imho, are triarii and M.O.M.

I've had a blast since joining M.O.M. It's a fun bunch of people who reside around the world.  As a result of this, as well as insomnia and independently wealthy M.O.Ms who don't need an alarm clock, you can find a M.O.M to platoon with most any time day or night.

i think the key is to find the clan that best matches your personality.  For me, M.O.M has made a fun game even more fun.

Check out the M.O.M recruiting thread and see what you think.

http://forum.wotblit...comma-wow-your/

Good luck and I hope you find a clan you enjoy as much as I enjoy mine.  I believe there is a clan out there for every tanker and there are many good clans in WOT Blitz.

Edited by Dado_1968, 11 January 2016 - 04:55 PM.

"I won't go and complain to the chemistry." - Costa

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1

CalmSeasQuest #11 Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 64842 battles
  • [DD]

View PostSoulCollector5150, on 11 January 2016 - 11:38 AM, said:

nice!  Hey Calm, your the only one I've ever recommended to the Clan (DD).  Always liked seeing you on my teams and a challenge when you're on the reds.  Think you'd fit in perfectly and you'll love the clan.   Glad Hated saw this.....his name carries way more weight than mine, lol

I too rushed to T10, didn't care about wr. and played to aggressive for my first 9000 battles.  Must be an age thing, ha. (I'm 43). The Leo 1 is awesome, it will make you a better player by causing you to rethink/relearn how to play the game.....Now I think I play to passively, sometimes.  Over thinking situations.  Anyways, you'll be good in it.

Thanks SC for the kind word and the referral.  I'm looking forward to spending some time with -DD- to see if I might be a good fit.

Hit me up anytime you're looking for a toon.

CalmSeasQuest #12 Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:01 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 64842 battles
  • [DD]

View PostDado_1968, on 11 January 2016 - 11:54 AM, said:

The two most age appropriate clans for you, imho, are triarii and M.O.M.

I've had a blast since joining M.O.M. It's a fun bunch of people who reside around the world.  As a result of this, as well as insomnia and independently wealthy M.O.Ms who don't need an alarm clock, you can find a M.O.M to platoon with most any time day or night.

i think the key is to find the clan that best matches your personality.  For me, M.O.M has made a fun game even more fun.

Check out the M.O.M recruiting thread and see what you think.

http://forum.wotblit...comma-wow-your/

Good luck and I hope you find a clan you enjoy as much as I enjoy mine.  I believe there is a clan out there for every tanker and there are many good clans in WOT Blitz.

Thanks Dado, I agree Triarii and MOM are great groups but OUCH on the "age appropriate" LOL

SoulCollector5150 #13 Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:23 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 42761 battles

View PostCalmSeasQuest, on 11 January 2016 - 10:01 AM, said:

Thanks Dado, I agree Triarii and MOM are great groups but OUCH on the "age appropriate" LOL

OMG, ha...that is NOT how you recruit!! You need to find a common ground, like "I'm 43".  Which I am...but to just come out and say " hey, here are where all the old farts play"......laughing my a-- off, wow. 

Edited by SoulCollector5150, 11 January 2016 - 05:24 PM.

__ikener__ #14 Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:26 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22297 battles
  • [LXE]
If interested, I can provide immediate acceptance to the 501DV. No matter what others (Trolls) may say, we are a tight team with rapidly improving stats. Several members are professional adults that have nightly team focused events.

"All will learn via destruction"

http://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/__ikener__

CalmSeasQuest #15 Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:35 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 64842 battles
  • [DD]

View Post___Ikener___, on 11 January 2016 - 12:26 PM, said:

If interested, I can provide immediate acceptance to the 501DV. No matter what others (Trolls) may say, we are a tight team with rapidly improving stats. Several members are professional adults that have nightly team focused events.

Thanks very much lkener,

I never pay attention to trolls and have much respect for Alex, mroberts and the 501 family.

__ikener__ #16 Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:46 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22297 battles
  • [LXE]

View PostCalmSeasQuest, on 11 January 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

Thanks very much lkener,

I never pay attention to trolls and have much respect for Alex, mroberts and the 501 family.

Would you like to be our guest tonight for some teamspeak countdown fun? We generally hunt (play) from 9pm eastern till 1am eastern nightly. BTW nice running into you on Port Bay last night.

Derf19 #17 Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:48 PM

Left Coast Lagger

• Players
  • 23508 battles
  • [III-X]
I'm right there with you. I also play mostly solo and it can be very frustrating. I too will be making the leap to a clan soon. Not for my wr or stats (I usually have a 60 day wr average above 60% playing mostly solo) but more for the comradery and fun. As I stated before it can be very frustrating as a solo player when your entire team folds around you so I have to do something to make it fun again. Good luck to you.

"I'm Not Young Enough To Know Everything" -Oscar Wilde

Tier X Tanks I Don't Have: T57, OBJ.263, STB-1, AMX 50 B

Tanks I'm Grinding: T69 & Type 61 

Me 30 Day Stats Here

__ikener__ #18 Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:00 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22297 battles
  • [LXE]

View PostDerf19, on 11 January 2016 - 12:48 PM, said:

I'm right there with you. I also play mostly solo and it can be very frustrating. I too will be making the leap to a clan soon. Not for my wr or stats (I usually have a 60 day wr average above 60% playing mostly solo) but more for the comradery and fun. As I stated before it can be very frustrating as a solo player when your entire team folds around you so I have to do something to make it fun again. Good luck to you.

Derf, We welcome you to join our countdown fun and see if the 501DV is for you.

spamalot2010 #19 Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:36 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14880 battles
You might apply for Sparta, we are 21+ and use comms regularly. Your star1 and win8 suggest a much higher skill of play than your win rate would suggest; a little platooning would fix that up quickly.

Derf19 #20 Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:38 PM

Left Coast Lagger

• Players
  • 23508 battles
  • [III-X]

View Post___Ikener___, on 11 January 2016 - 10:00 AM, said:

Derf, We welcome you to join our countdown fun and see if the 501DV is for you.

The invite is much appreciated but I may not be able to play much tonight. There is a little football game on tonight called the College Championship. PM me the info and if I can get on I would love to join the fun tonight. I am on the west coast so the earliest I may be on is about 10pm-11pm eastern. Thanks again for the invite!

"I'm Not Young Enough To Know Everything" -Oscar Wilde

Tier X Tanks I Don't Have: T57, OBJ.263, STB-1, AMX 50 B

Tanks I'm Grinding: T69 & Type 61 

Me 30 Day Stats Here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users