251 replies to this topic

Geewizz3 #101 Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:52 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12265 battles
  • [CAWAL]

View PostGenericMIKE, on 11 January 2016 - 07:39 PM, said:

Wargaming why you do this to us?

I'm quitting the game till you reintroduce +/- 2 MM. 

I loved this MM b//c of the challenge. Now there is no challenge. Making the game boring and not fun. The hype after camo will wear off after a few days and gameplay will be static.

Diversity is key. 

By the way, since we are the test server for this new MM, is it b.c we always came last in all the server-wide contests?

Bye! I have all the fun with my KV-2 and tier VII max tiered games.

YES to +1,-1 MM. The game is more fun with PMM on every tank.

High tiered tanks, E100,IS4,E-75,ST-1 and T-54.

Lephturn #102 Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 16343 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostSenator_Ratbat, on 11 January 2016 - 03:39 PM, said:

Just to be clear, this change is not permanent. Improving MM is not this simple, this test is just a step being rolled out to one server instead of all servers. We will review in-game data as well as feedback to determine where to go from here. I realize the benefit of some premium tanks is the pref MM. Should the change become permanent we will share what the plan is for premium tanks. 

I thank you and my Ram II thanks you! That thing really should have had pref. MM!

I bought a Type 59 recently as well... it's a great tank. I don't think losing -2 will make any difference in win rate - but when my Type win rate goes down I now have something to blame it on! Thanks WG. :trollface:

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

WhiskeyCyclone #103 Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16938 battles
  • [LONR]
It should be interesting to see how it all turns out. But what about everyone who paid for the privelidge of preferred matchmaking by buying a premium tank? Will preferred matchmaking mean same tier only for premium tanks with pmm? I doubt it, though it does exist for the b2. So if we only see +1/-1 mm, my premiums (with preferred mm) should always be top tier, or some compensation of some kind would be nice if the test phase goes permanent. Yay or nay?

Keep it old school. 

PhiliPTran #104 Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10598 battles
WG. You will now see a surge in unpopular tanks being used and popular ones used even more now.  Maybe you can use that data to start buffing or nerfing tanks.

What? You jealous?

KevnxKilla #105 Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14913 battles
  • [TITAN]
Wargaming, if you REALLY want a definitive test you need to make the tanks with prefferential matchmaking still have their prefferential matchmaking during the test. (prefferential during the test would be +0/-1) This would give more definitive and accurate feedback as to whether or not this is a good idea in the long run.

Edited by KevnxKilla, 11 January 2016 - 10:09 PM.

boppinbobby #106 Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 30699 battles
  • [HJG2]

Are we that bad in NA that we can't work out our role in the battle?

This will make the good better and the bad passable. ( they'll still sit in the open getting pummeled.

Big Gunz and Ammo Rackz.

HJG2; Hughmons are People too.

pgrass101 #107 Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:11 PM

YOLO King

• Players
  • 26764 battles
  • [III-C]
I am interested in seeing how this plays out

Major_BUZZK1LL #108 Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:13 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13532 battles
This is ridiculous. I don't know of a single serious player who wants this. Way to screw over your serious players who spent good money on their pref MM premium tanks.

I have been on a bit of a hiatus from blitz recently and unless when wargaming says this is "temporary", they mean like 1 day, I'm done with the nonsense.

Edited by Major_BUZZK1LL, 11 January 2016 - 10:14 PM.

YouTube HERE Please Subscribe, My Stats HERE

qnPGOyj.gif

Free Voice Platooning on My Discord Server HERE

"A piece of spaghetti or a military unit can only be led from the front end."

ahredstealth #109 Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:34 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 18170 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostMajor_BUZZK1LL, on 11 January 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

This is ridiculous. I don't know of a single serious player who wants this. Way to screw over your serious players who spent good money on their pref MM premium tanks.

I have been on a bit of a hiatus from blitz recently and unless when wargaming says this is "temporary", they mean like 1 day, I'm done with the nonsense.

I'm totz cereal and I want this.

So... one.

Also, they already did say it's temporary...  Which would be why we are the test server... so they can look at the data...  and if it becomes permanent they will look at the tanks that had Pref MM...  Did you read through the thread, or just fly off the handle?

Wargaming server will serving you kindly

DoragonSenshi #110 Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:35 PM

2nd Lieutenant

• Players
  • 17202 battles
  • [501ST]

View PostDadNeedsADrink, on 12 January 2016 - 12:32 AM, said:

I imagine we're probably going to see the biggest effect on tier IX, as that will receive no benefit on the top end (it's already +1) and will now be limited on the bottom end (-1 vs -2). Considering 2.5 also includes a Tortoise nerf at the same time, I'm really wishing I finished that grind already. Life also got harder for the Leo PTA... ouch.

[Not complaining... just thinking out loud]

I'm sorry, but....

HAHAHAHAHA 

Leo PTA is in constant fear of superior DPM tier 7 OP bias 

Semper Fi

Missouri sucks... get me out of here

Unless you know of any places to go gliding in MO... then please let me know

TurboTIB #111 Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 34339 battles
  • [III-X]
I paid good honest money for tanks that I knew had a preferential match making "advantage". If WG essentially negates this advantage by giving it to all tanks, I will feel ripped off since I purchased most of the premiums with pref MM for that reason. I think the only fair thing for WG to do if they make this a permanent change is to give those premiums an additional MM advantage over non pref MM tanks. In regards to the Valentine or B2 which already gets -0+0, they should buff the gun or armor to make good. If they don't compensate this change in some way, WG has seen the last of my cold hard cash.

DoragonSenshi #112 Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:41 PM

2nd Lieutenant

• Players
  • 17202 battles
  • [501ST]

View PostTurboTIB, on 12 January 2016 - 01:37 AM, said:

I paid good honest money for tanks that I knew had a preferential match making "advantage". If WG essentially negates this advantage by giving it to all tanks, I will feel ripped off since I purchased most of the premiums with pref MM for that reason. I think the only fair thing for WG to do if they make this a permanent change is to give those premiums an additional MM advantage over non pref MM tanks. In regards to the Valentine or B2 which already gets -0+0, they should buff the gun or armor to make good. If they don't compensate this change in some way, WG has seen the last of my cold hard cash.

Ha- I'm going to take the perspective that my IS-6 has more HP to shoot at. While y'all are moping about your IS-6 not being a seal clubbers anymore, I'll be making more credits! :justwait:

Semper Fi

Missouri sucks... get me out of here

Unless you know of any places to go gliding in MO... then please let me know

Tommy_S #113 Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12614 battles
  • [501RV]

Goddammit, tier X won't be fun anymore, lol

No tier 12 or 8 :(

Ping Highscore: > 6 billion

I'm so good, I broke the Medium 1 damage record 

http://wotbstars.com...&geo=NA&lng=eng

Le stats ^^^^

Senator_Ratbat #114 Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:45 PM

Producer

• Administrator
  • 5685 battles
  • [WGA]

View PostTurboTIB, on 11 January 2016 - 10:37 PM, said:

I know it takes a bit of effort to look at previous pages but let me reiterate

• +1/-1 matchmaker is a "test"
  • It will start with update 2.5 and end with update 2.6
  • we will be looking at the data after the test to make a determination on what to do with MM
  • should +1/-1 stats look good then we will determine what will be done with Premium Tanks that have pref MM

Nitromemania #115 Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:45 PM

Nitro the Creator

• Players
  • 27964 battles
  • [STORM]

View PostGenericMIKE, on 11 January 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

How could you!!!!!

GIVE US BACK THAT +/- 2 MM!

I liked the original MM. I found no fault in it, very little at best. No more carry as a low low tier tank, but I guess you can never feel completely useless in a game either. This will be an interesting test. Will it extend the length of games then? Since there's less hit points and etc.

Hendy111 #116 Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 32145 battles
  • [JUNO]
I think this is great. I've been playing now for about a year and a half and have noticed in recent months that there is a severe lack of competitive games, particularly at the higher tiers. There seems to be far too many 7-0 or 7-1 games and this needed to be addressed. The lack of competitive balance in these games takes the fun out of it. 

dilusions #117 Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15087 battles
  • [INVCT]

View Postboppinbobby, on 11 January 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

Are we that bad in NA that we can't work out our role in the battle?

Yes

View PostTommy_S, on 11 January 2016 - 02:43 PM, said:

Goddammit, tier X won't be fun anymore, lol

No tier 12 or 8 :(

Main reason for me playing tier 8

View PostNitromemania, on 11 January 2016 - 02:45 PM, said:

Will it extend the length of games then? Since there's less hit points and etc.

I think this would be a good idea

Last Battle Date
            2017 - 04 - 20

Nitromemania #118 Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:47 PM

Nitro the Creator

• Players
  • 27964 battles
  • [STORM]
Wait a second! If this works! Light tanks could have a great role in the game then having a +\- 2 matchmaking in the game! For the future 

HiroPro #119 Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:49 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 30391 battles
  • [SRT]

I personally enjoy the challenge presented in +2/-2 matchmaking. Implementing +1/-1 will balance the game, but so would +0/-0. I enjoy playing video games for the challenge it brings, making changes like this eliminates the variety I enjoy when playing WoT. It's fun playing a few games as the top tier tank, but equally as enjoyable to take on the challenge of being on the bottom. I believe it has helped me learn different strategies and made me a better player by learning how to cope with tanks that have a distinct advantage over my tank. 

That being said I understand this is a "test", so I'm happy our server was chosen to try out this new system. This should be fun and interesting. Looking forward to see what the data says after our little experiment runs its course. 

Edited by HiroPro, 12 January 2016 - 12:37 AM.

AOT_Jaeger2 #120 Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:50 PM

Grand Emperor of Derpenburg

• Players
  • 10317 battles
  • [ASLAN]

View PostNitromemania, on 11 January 2016 - 05:47 PM, said:

Wait a second! If this works! Light tanks could have a great role in the game then having a +\- 2 matchmaking in the game! For the future 

Thats what I was thinking. Some tanks will eventually get better or worse MM based on their role. I won't mind getting into Tier 7 matches with a Crusader or something like an AMX ELC if that ever happens

Garage: A Chaffee.

Was #24 VK 30.01 (P) Player in NA, #32 in Luchs

Stats:http://www.blitzstar...com/AOT_Jaeger2

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users