Matchmaking - The +1/-1 Experiment

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
251 replies to this topic

HillbillyRockstar02 #241 Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29509 battles

View Postahredstealth, on 12 January 2016 - 06:16 PM, said:

It's not translated per my request.  I made it.  Using tanks that we actually have on this server, and through searching the tanks, and talking to people who actually have the tanks and play the game on this server because the one posted in the Pref MM'ing thread was wrong for this game.  In the thread where you got it from, if you read the note there, you can actually see where Alo8ight gave me credit for making it.  Oh, and here is where Alo talks about the chart "needing updating to say the least."

Here is the thread I started asking for help putting the chart together.  Please note, I did not simply translate it.

I never claimed that I was the first one to make it.  I just wanted one that was correct for this game.  The one that the Mods posted had incorrect info on it.

So your T2 Light doesn't see tier 1?  Bummer.  Mine does.  That was incorrect.  Just like my T-127 sees tier 2, and my A-32 sees tier 3.  My Valentine and B2 see tier 3 tanks as well... As well as other tanks that are listed incorrectly...  Not to mention the fact that we don't have a M3 Stuart or a KV-220. The chart was wrong.

If making something correct is a lack of knowledge, I don't think I can help you any more.  You're just going to rant about whatever.  Have fun.

:medal: here is a medal for your achievements. Fact is still there, chart was made, tanks were specified! look through the post in Russian youll find that some adjustments were made. You just want for people to recognize your greatness. To say that WG was "hiding" what tanks had pref mm and which didnt is absurd! Every Russian press account guys who were doing reviews on every prem tanks knew pref status and were advertising them as such.  

Its like talking to a wall. 

MSixteen #242 Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:28 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 17094 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostPrywid, on 12 January 2016 - 12:26 PM, said:

IS-6. With mm 0/-1 it will see Tiers VII and VIII. Shortly, it will become so OP, WG would say 'sorry, guys, we have to nerf it'. Do you want your premium real money-paid tank to be nerfed? IMHO, I would like to see pref mm tanks becoming better credit printers.

I somehow posted the comment before i was done with it. read #2 and 3, then get back to me. 

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

Ookla_the_Mok #243 Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:31 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 22589 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View PostMSixteen, on 12 January 2016 - 12:24 PM, said:

The thing is... the only reason to have the IS-6 instead of the T34 is the premium MM. If they are going to have premium MM, then the IS-6 will be completely obsolete compared to the T34. What WG will need to do is buff the IS-6, or give it +0/-1 MM in 2.6 after the test is complete

Not sure. The T34 makes such bank because it can pen higher tiers readily, but suffers the same ROF problem no matter what tier. I expect to win more in my T34, but maybe less credits per match?

Honestly, if I were to buff the IS6, I'd make the prammo cheaper and leave MM as is. +0/-1 MM will mean battle after battle of the same tanks, many of those being other IS6s. I'd rather up the credit making, even if the tank is not as OP as before.

HillbillyRockstar02 #244 Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29509 battles

View PostMSixteen, on 12 January 2016 - 06:24 PM, said:

The thing is... the only reason to have the IS-6 instead of the T34 is the premium MM. If they are going to have premium MM, then the IS-6 will be completely obsolete compared to the T34. What WG will need to do is buff the IS-6, or give it +0/-1 MM in 2.6 after the test is complete

Agree

View PostMSixteen, on 12 January 2016 - 06:17 PM, said:

I did not read other comments, so don't crucify me if I say something that was already stated.

Things that need to happen if +1/-1 MM is implemented for all servers in 2.6:

1.) Premium vehicles with premium mm (+1/-2 currently) needs to be given +0/-1.

a.) the only reason to have the IS-6 over the T34 is it's premium MM. If the IS-6 and the T34 have the same MM, the IS-6 is obsolete

2.) Premium vehicles with premium mm need to be given buffs if they do not get the +0/-1 MM in 2.6 after the test

a.) the reason the tanks with premium MM have premium MM in the first place is because they are not as good as other premium vehicles without the premium MM. If the tanks are going to have the same MM, they need to all have similar capabilities

3.) DO NOT NERF the premium vehicles without premium MM so they have the same capabilities as the ones with premium MM.

a.) If you nerf the premium tanks, a whole lot of people will be very pissed off, and you don't want that.

Agree

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 12 January 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

Regarding preferential MM, it comes down to one thing - what is the composition of battles. 

Lets take the IS6, it will no longer face tier 6. Fine, perhaps more HP per match available and thus more silver. But, and its a significant one, what if the new MM means matches are loaded with E75s and other heavily armored beasts? Then the pen issues of the gun become freshly awful, an issue originally tackled by eliminating tier 10 from its enemies. If the IS6 ends up always facing tier 9s, it will be essentially a nerf.

How it will play out cannot be known, so no need to flip out about it just yet. There is potential for preferential MM tanks to experience a nerf due to MM. It is also possible that it matters little. If a month of weirdness is the cost to improve the game overall, lets ride the wave.

Sure , however this makes me fee like im being cheated. WG should make at least some sort of incentive (maybe better earning or something) because on is 6 against all this 9s ACPR will never leave the barrel of this tank. :sceptic: same goes for Type 

tlouie #245 Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9603 battles
  • [TAT]

View PostHillbillyRockstar02, on 12 January 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

:medal: here is a medal for your achievements. Fact is still there, chart was made, tanks were specified! look through the post in Russian youll find that some adjustments were made. You just want for people to recognize your greatness. To say that WG was "hiding" what tanks had pref mm and which didnt is absurd! Every Russian press account guys who were doing reviews on every prem tanks knew pref status and were advertising them as such.  

Ultimately, WG doesn't need anyone's approval to make any changes:

http://wotblitz.com/...user_agreement/

6.             Patches, Updates and Changes

6.1    From time to time, we may need to:

(a)           deploy or provide patches, updates, additional content or other modifications to the Software (for example to enhance online gameplay, to add new features or to resolve software bugs); and 

(b)           remove or suspend access to particular features, content or other parts of the Game. 

6.2    We need to take the actions referred to in section 6.1 automatically in order to keep the Software andGame running efficiently.  It is therefore not practicable to ask for your approval or even to notify you before we take these actions and you confirm that you consent to us taking these actions without your prior approval and without any prior notice. 

Edited by tlouie, 12 January 2016 - 06:40 PM.

glass2707 #246 Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28227 battles
  • [GRIM]
The problem for the premium MM tanks is that they will now see more of the higher tier.  When it was -2/+1 you were more likely to be top tier or to have only a couple of higher tier.  IS6 isn't as much of a problem to me as the Type 59 though both are problematic.  A Type 59 vs a T54 is more to overcome than an IS6 vs IS8.  Though E75s and VK [edited]are rough in the IS6/KV5.  

Prywid #247 Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7655 battles
  • [III-X]

View PostMSixteen, on 12 January 2016 - 02:28 PM, said:

I somehow posted the comment before i was done with it. read #2 and 3, then get back to me. 

Already. 

2. If above mentioned IS-6 will get 0/-1 mm or will be buffed, it becomes even more OP. Then, WG will either need to nerf it back or buff other tanks. It's going to be vicious circle. 

MSixteen #248 Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:45 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 17094 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostPrywid, on 12 January 2016 - 12:43 PM, said:

Already. 

2. If above mentioned IS-6 will get 0/-1 mm or will be buffed, it becomes even more OP. Then, WG will either need to nerf it back or buff other tanks. It's going to be vicious circle. 

the point is, there is no reason to have the IS-6 over the T34 anymore if it's all +1/-1 MM. That's the only thing that was special about the IS-6, and if you take that away, then it is obsolete

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

ahredstealth #249 Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:46 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 18330 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostMSixteen, on 12 January 2016 - 12:17 PM, said:

I did not read other comments, so don't crucify me if I say something that was already stated.

Things that need to happen if +1/-1 MM is implemented for all servers in 2.6:

1.) Premium vehicles with premium mm (+1/-2 currently) needs to be given +0/-1.

a.) the only reason to have the IS-6 over the T34 is it's premium MM. If the IS-6 and the T34 have the same MM, the IS-6 is obsolete

2.) Premium vehicles with premium mm need to be given buffs if they do not get the +0/-1 MM in 2.6 after the test

a.) the reason the tanks with premium MM have premium MM in the first place is because they are not as good as other premium vehicles without the premium MM. If the tanks are going to have the same MM, they need to all have similar capabilities

3.) DO NOT NERF the premium vehicles without premium MM so they have the same capabilities as the ones with premium MM.

a.) If you nerf the premium tanks, a whole lot of people will be very pissed off, and you don't want that.

For the month test, I don't see this happening...  Afterwards, and (big if here) if this goes live, I'm pretty certain changes will be incorporated.  (As stated earlier in the thread by the mods.)

Side note...  do you really struggle in an IS-6 vs a T34?  I'm curious to hear your answer.  Unless I botch up badly in a battle, or the T34 driver just flat out plays better then me, I've pretty much had my way with just about every T34 I've come up against...  I just thought those two tanks were interesting for you to compare like that...

Also, point 3 is something I did not even consider.  Excellent point.  There will be even more complaints flooding the forums if they decide to nerf premiums to bring tanks in line if this goes live...  Much to consider.  This is an interesting test indeed.

View PostHillbillyRockstar02, on 12 January 2016 - 12:27 PM, said:

I never said they were hiding it.  I said they didn't advertise it when they sold the tanks other than the Hype 59.  It's like you hate reading.  What in the fudge man?

I completely understand your comment about talking to a wall.  Wow.

Wargaming server will serving you kindly

MSixteen #250 Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:52 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 17094 battles
  • [_V_]

View Postahredstealth, on 12 January 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

For the month test, I don't see this happening...  Afterwards, and (big if here) if this goes live, I'm pretty certain changes will be incorporated.  (As stated earlier in the thread by the mods.)

Side note...  do you really struggle in an IS-6 vs a T34?  I'm curious to hear your answer.  Unless I botch up badly in a battle, or the T34 driver just flat out plays better then me, I've pretty much had my way with just about every T34 I've come up against...  I just thought those two tanks were interesting for you to compare like that...

Also, point 3 is something I did not even consider.  Excellent point.  There will be even more complaints flooding the forums if they decide to nerf premiums to bring tanks in line if this goes live...  Much to consider.  This is an interesting test indeed.

a T34 played properly vs an IS-6 played properly, the T34 will almost always win. It's got the better gun. The IS-6's armor is negligible against the T34's gun. in an open field 100% DPM fight, the IS-6 will win. But a hull down T34 vs a sidescraping IS-6, the T34 will win the vast majority of the time.

Edited by MSixteen, 12 January 2016 - 06:52 PM.

HillbillyRockstar02 #251 Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29509 battles

View Postahredstealth, on 12 January 2016 - 06:46 PM, said:

I never said they were hiding it.  I said they  didn't advertise it when they sold the tanks other than the Hype 59.  It's like you hate reading.  What in the fudge man?

I completely understand your comment about talking to a wall.  Wow.

Ok last this is the last time, pointless argument. Scroll down to Pros/Cons, first line Preferential matchmaking

So we can agree on not understanding each other. My beef with what you said was " no one advertised is6 with pref mm" But for some odd reason people kept on buying it for this exact reason. 

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Blitz:Object252

hellcat2001 #252 Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:05 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2469 battles
  • [PAID4]

About time u do something about this it's been like this for a long time. now tell me is it fair that a tier 5 med gets into tier 8 games with tds meds and  heavys does not seem fair to me. u need to do this with all three versions xbox pc and android so ples fix it make this a permanent thing to help the not so good players thanks from hellcat2001/dj.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users