Mechanics!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

73rhc #1 Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1901 battles

I've been complaining about tanks disappearing then immediately reappearing, only to be told it's mechanics of the game. [edited]! How can I see a tank, zoom in, when the firing reticle gets smaller he disappears without moving. Without being behind anything. Then he gets a shot on me, as he suddenly reappears in the exact same spot!

Also, I just got hit and the shot came through a desert building and then a sand dune. Magic bullet? Or is this mechanics, as well?

Monopower #2 Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9390 battles
  • [RBLN]

View Post73rhc, on 01 September 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

I've been complaining about tanks disappearing then immediately reappearing, only to be told it's mechanics of the game. [edited]! How can I see a tank, zoom in, when the firing reticle gets smaller he disappears without moving. Without being behind anything. Then he gets a shot on me, as he suddenly reappears in the exact same spot!

A tank only remains spotted for a few seconds if there is no direct line of sight from a tank that has it within spotting range.  If it was in a bush, the bush provides a boost to camouflage.  That boost is removed when a tank fires, allowing it to be re-spotted.

View Post73rhc, on 01 September 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

Also, I just got hit and the shot came through a desert building and then a sand dune. Magic bullet? Or is this mechanics, as well?

You must be looking at the tracer from the shell.  Shells travel in a arc, HE having a higher arc than normal AP shells.  Tracers upon death usually show a straight line from the tank that fired the shell and you.

gffcom #3 Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:29 PM

REDACTED

• Players
  • 37120 battles
  • [SRT-]

View Post73rhc, on 01 September 2014 - 08:21 PM, said:

Its view mechanics, after they shoot they become easier to spot, so you them for a few seconds, but your view range is too short so they disappear. You can shoot blind, so if its just a second or two after they disappear, shoot anyway. If they are there, if they haven't moved, it will hit them. Shoot where you saw them. I've gotten plenty of hits and kills like this, especially in TDs.

Edited by gffcom, 01 September 2014 - 07:31 PM.

Xs: IS-7, IS-4, FV215b, T110E5, E100, E50M, Obj 140, T-62A, M48A1 Patton, FV4202, Leopard 1, Obj 268

SPARTA 

Androyce #4 Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10107 battles

View PostMonopower, on 01 September 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

You must be looking at the tracer from the shell.  Shells travel in a arc, HE having a higher arc than normal AP shells.  Tracers upon death usually show a straight line from the tank that fired the shell and you.

Tracers can also be just flat out inaccurate. I frequently see tracers that begin a significant distance away from the tank that fired the shot.

As for the tanks appearing and disappearing, as mentioned above shooting decreases the camouflage value on the tank, which may allow it to be spotted. Movement also reduces camo. However, if the tank remains stationary without firing for a few seconds, the camo value will return to what it was, and the tank will not be visible unless a friendly spotter has moved closer in that time.

Unitater #5 Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22189 battles
Its because of view range mechanics. Shooting lowers your camo rating, thus showing the enemy tank. But if he is in a bush outside your observation zone, he will disappear. A way to combat this is to get the equipment that boosts view range (the optics and something else)

All tier Xs acquired. Professional premium tank collector for WoTB.

Please check out my youtubeYOUTUBE CHANNEL!

Links to my guides can be found on my about me page (on profile)

Casual tanker, forum user, and pledge signer

Stompinator #6 Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2930 battles

Either tracers can be bugged or this guy was flying. 

73rhc #7 Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1901 battles

Maybe I should have been more detailed. I spot a tank. In plain view!!! No bushes. No boulders. No trees. No anything. I zoom to fire. He is not there anymore. Then he is there. He was immobile when I spotted him. So shy should I lose sight of him. It makes no sense. If I spot him and nothing changes, I should still ge able to see him. If you are trying to simulate real life. Then he should remain visibl!!!!

The tracers are definatly off. Therefore, they require fixing.

73rhc #8 Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1901 battles

Happened again. This time the tank was not even 100 yards in front of me, in the open. There he is, no wait, no he isn't. No wait, there he is again.

why is it you can track someone when they are behind a mountain or an entire city, they go behind a tiny little bush and voila! They gone???

73rhc #9 Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1901 battles

So please explain why I can see opponents on my map that are completely on the other end of the playing field but as I'm moving a tank suddenly appears in front of me out of the blue???

also, got shot through 2 sets off rocks. Lol

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users