Camo Net equipment nerfed in 2.5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
115 replies to this topic

cheasesteak #41 Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:48 PM

Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

• Players
  • 23310 battles
  • [COD-R]
Would have made sense to at least leave TD camo alone, or at worst make it 20%.

Alo8ight #42 Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1810 battles
We'll be communicating this feedback to HQ and hope to provide everyone an update regarding the reasoning behind the reduction of camo net values.

Post_game #43 Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:28 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52027 battles
I would love to hear their feedback on whether it is their intent on removing certain TD's viability from the game.  I would also very much like to know whether they intend on refunding the hard earned credits players have spent on their camo nets.  If you could pass that along, that would be great.

Tigger_Warning #44 Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 23108 battles
  • [HZZRS]
I was pretty happy about the update until I saw this. I hope it's a mistake and that WG will fix it.

BWK60 #45 Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:07 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 42489 battles
  • [III-Z]

View Posttlouie, on 12 January 2016 - 09:16 PM, said:

• Description and value of the Camouflage Net bonus changed.

Kind of buried. http://wotblitz.com/...ate-25-summary/

Last item under Fixes and "improvements". Very quietly buried, to avoid fanning the flames.

"Buried" indeed. Notice how they do not qualify the HUGE net nerf, but give detailed info as to everything else, such as the traverse rate of the SU-152.

acrisis #46 Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:10 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21314 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostAlo8ight, on 13 January 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

We'll be communicating this feedback to HQ and hope to provide everyone an update regarding the reasoning behind the reduction of camo net values.

Looking forward to the answer(s) and look no further than avg tank stats to see how poorly armored low dmg per shot TDs fare in game (jgpz iv dicker max e25...) plus the fact that wg has been removing sniper cover on maps by removing certain edge ridges, dense brush... 

Compared to some wg highlight videos for tds ... 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

Kevin_Thebeast #47 Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26408 battles
  • [DMONS]

View Posttlouie, on 12 January 2016 - 07:16 PM, said:

• Description and value of the Camouflage Net bonus changed.

Kind of buried. http://wotblitz.com/...ate-25-summary/

Last item under Fixes and "improvements". Very quietly buried, to avoid fanning the flames.

This feels like eBay (back when I was still selling,) when they'd tout "OMGZ GUYS, WE JUST LOWERED YOUR LISTING FEES UR SAVING TONS OF MONEYS!1!1one!!"

And then you'd see, buried very deeply and quietly in the update, the fact that they jacked up the Final Value Fees so that now you're paying $2.00 extra in exchange for a $0.25 list-fee reduction.

The_Motarp #48 Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:54 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9143 battles
If it is true that the crew skill gets a 1% per level buff then if you are a long time player who spends tons of gold maxing crews AND you are willing to spend a bunch of credits every battle then you can just get your TD camo back to where it was.

The guy complaining about camping is probably the same guy that rages at the Jagdpanther sitting on a hill in the corner of dead rail even though it turns out that the guy he is raging at got twice the damage of the rest of the team combined, and totally would have given them a win if they wouldn't have yoloed so hard.

furicle #49 Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:54 PM

Tuber or not tuber...

• Players
  • 51399 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Oh sure, tell us the reasoning.  That's not quite what we're asking for here Alo...

_______  __  _____      
  / __/ _ \/ / / / _ \
 _\ \/ ___/ /_/ / // /
/___/_/   \____/____/

Prammo comes naturally to a golden russet...

tlouie #50 Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9642 battles
  • [TAT]

View PostThe_Motarp, on 13 January 2016 - 02:54 PM, said:

If it is true that the crew skill gets a 1% per level buff then if you are a long time player who spends tons of gold maxing crews AND you are willing to spend a bunch of credits every battle then you can just get your TD camo back to where it was.

The guy complaining about camping is probably the same guy that rages at the Jagdpanther sitting on a hill in the corner of dead rail even though it turns out that the guy he is raging at got twice the damage of the rest of the team combined, and totally would have given them a win if they wouldn't have yoloed so hard.

The crew skill values have not changed from version 2.4 to 2.5.

Where did you hear of this change?

EthereaI #51 Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 44609 battles

View Postbuckeyeinpitt, on 12 January 2016 - 07:49 PM, said:

GOOD. Stop camping and attack you cowards!!!!!

YOLO with this guy. That works too

acrisis #52 Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:48 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21314 battles
  • [III-C]

YOLO a TD ... LoL 

My E25 stats prove that front lining certain TDs does not work. Everybody I talked to pretty much said I have to throw a camo net on and snipe. I purchased the $$$$$$ net ... Except now Godzilla (WG) has ripped giant holes in my camo net to the tune of 2/5 of its surface ... 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

DrFerd #53 Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:16 PM

Certified BlitzWeather Forecaster

• Players
  • 41075 battles
  • [III-S]

It's just the latest example of the layout of the land becoming harder and harder for TDs in Blitz, IMO. It would appear incidental, except that it goes along with removing strong sniper positions Oasis Palms (dunes), Rockfield (bushes), and Temple (hills), as well as introducing Nohillsdorf. TDs already have the lowest WR averages as a class of vehicle. 

Fortunately, World of Medium Tanks Blitz is still fun, but these changes are beginning to restrict the breadth of play styles that are viable.

YouTube & Blog  https://ferdsquad.com 

Bbm_14 #54 Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:17 PM

Simia est simia, etiamsi purpura vestiatur

• Players
  • 25268 battles
  • [DD-R]

View Postbuckeyeinpitt, on 12 January 2016 - 06:49 PM, said:

GOOD. Stop camping and attack you cowards!!!!!

This 'blanket statement' coming from one who's history breakdown (17.6k+ total matches) in heavies is 50.43% could be interpreted as a bit bias, no?

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk, that  will teach you to keep your mouth shut" - Ernest Hemingway

========================================

buckeyeinpitt #55 Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:18 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32267 battles

View Postthe_knave, on 12 January 2016 - 11:20 PM, said:

Do you not understand the difference between camping and sniping?

Of course a I do.  Do you not understand that 99% of TD players camp and not snipe?  They will tell you they aren't camping, but they pick out the first corner spot they find - don't care where there team is or is headed - and proceed to make s'mores.  You know this to be true. 

I hate Canada. I hate the color purple. 

buckeyeinpitt #56 Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:22 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32267 battles

View PostBbm_14, on 13 January 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

This 'blanket statement' coming from one who's history breakdown (17.6k+ total matches) in heavies is 50.43% could be interpreted as a bit bias, no?

As I and thousands others have said, camping is a massive problem and causes the most rage inducing elements in this game.  My personal favorite is when 5 or 6 of the team head one way, the TD camper grabs his marshmallows, then sits there all game with limited to no shots and then says "we" have the problem.    Uh. Ok.  

My second favorite is someone saying "stop camping" and the reply from the guy who hasn't fired his gun or moved in three minutes is "I'm not. I'm SNIPING!"     Pure comedy. 

Edit***.  I play a ton of everything as you can see but prefer heavy and meds.  I think meds are the most "fun" but I prefer the sheer obliteration of front line brawling too.   I don't mind the 268 as that sucker can wreak havoc on the front lines and should be in my opinion.    I would find the thought of sitting somewhere not moving and waiting for an enemy to find my view range as - boring.  Horribly and completely boring.  I'm trying to kill people and demolish tanks - not watch red symbols over a ridge that I can't fire on.   

Edited by buckeyeinpitt, 13 January 2016 - 09:26 PM.

I hate Canada. I hate the color purple. 

mehliveat #57 Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 300 battles

View Postbuckeyeinpitt, on 14 January 2016 - 07:18 AM, said:

Of course a I do.  Do you not understand that 99% of TD players camp and not snipe?  They will tell you they aren't camping, but they pick out the first corner spot they find - don't care where there team is or is headed - and proceed to make s'mores.  You know this to be true. 

But this will not deter people from camping, they will simply get spotted sooner and die faster.  People will camp on regardless.

DadNeedsADrink #58 Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:44 PM

World's Okayest Dad

• Players
  • 42895 battles
  • [III]

Not to pile on, but I always wondered why the camouflage boost percentage provided by both the nets (now 5% Heavy, 15% TD) and the new camo schemes (2% Heavy, 4% TD) varied so much from one vehicle type to the next. Considering TDs (by nature) have better base camo values than other types... a flat camo bonus percentage by the equipment/scheme across all tank types would naturally result in a bigger camo rating boost on TDs. You'd think that it would be enough to rely on the natural properties of the vehicles to dictate the benefit. Said another way...

• A HEAVY tank's camo rating is terrible. Apply X percent camo boost and it's still bad.
  • A TD's camo rating is already good. Apply X percent (same as above) boost and it's great.
  • Despite the same percentage, the camo boost given to the above TD (in terms of rating/distance) is much greater than that given to the heavy.

Using some WOT PC tank data, if the SU-100 and T-150 both receive the exact same 15% camo boost from a camo net, the effect on the TD is still almost 3x that received by the heavy. If the T-150 only gets a 5% boost from a camo net, the effective boost on the SU-100 is 8.8x greater! 

Tank

Base

Camo

Rating

Boost %

Resulting

Camo

Rating

Increase

in Camo

Rating

SU-100 22.06 15% 25.369 3.309
T-150 7.5 15% 8.625 1.125
T-150 7.5 5% 7.875 0.375

Edited by DadNeedsADrink, 13 January 2016 - 09:53 PM.

NICKEL_AND_DIME #59 Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:45 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 57168 battles
  • [III]
My TD crew skills are the weakest of all the tank types.  And it's because I have curtailed my TD driving considerably, as WG has altered the game to make it less favorable to the TD vehicles.  I have 4 or 5 new unused TD's in my garage, waiting for me to have the urge to use them.  They have been there for months, and they aren't likely to get used anytime soon.  It's difficult enough to play without the luxury of a turret - why take away the ability to hide as well? 

Silver81 #60 Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 71818 battles

View Postbuckeyeinpitt, on 13 January 2016 - 09:22 PM, said:

As I and thousands others have said, camping is a massive problem and causes the most rage inducing elements in this game.  My personal favorite is when 5 or 6 of the team head one way, the TD camper grabs his marshmallows, then sits there all game with limited to no shots and then says "we" have the problem.    Uh. Ok.

My second favorite is someone saying "stop camping" and the reply from the guy who hasn't fired his gun or moved in three minutes is "I'm not. I'm SNIPING!"     Pure comedy.

Edit***.  I play a ton of everything as you can see but prefer heavy and meds.  I think meds are the most "fun" but I prefer the sheer obliteration of front line brawling too.   I don't mind the 268 as that sucker can wreak havoc on the front lines and should be in my opinion.    I would find the thought of sitting somewhere not moving and waiting for an enemy to find my view range as - boring.  Horribly and completely boring.  I'm trying to kill people and demolish tanks - not watch red symbols over a ridge that I can't fire on.  

I tend to camp in TD's on certain maps and do just fine. I find that teams (like you) not utilizing thier td's effectively is the problem. They would rather fight, die, talk crap about the td, instead of falling back 10ft so the td can support them. Rush the mill on Winter Malinovka in a 183 and see how well you do, with crap aim/  gun depression and armor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users