62 replies to this topic

CommanderTigly #1 Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:05 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8838 battles
  • [VAIN]

Basic Training

[-BT-]

“They’re in front of us, behind us, and to the sides of us; They can’t get away now.”

This is brand new clan and clan idea that will be the forefront of the new pioneered age of ending an ever growing under-skilled player base!

I have set out to develop this clan(with the advice and encouragement from others) to eradicate the number of under-skilled players in higher tiers for the better. How does one accomplish such feats? Simple...Start at the source. I will be heading up this endeavor to train new players starting from their first few battles. They will be learning both basic and advanced tanking tactics , as well as the basic structural anatomy of tanks of each nation and type. They should also learn the use of external voice communication apps such as discord and teamspeak, and the strategies needed to win on each map in the game.

The Goal:To end blocked shots, being pushed out into the open, teams with no sense of strategy, players who are confused about their role in the team, (everyone complains about these things...you know it's true),  enhance the skill level of the new flow of players that will be joining our ranks , and to overall improve the interactive quality of the game for the entire World of Tanks Blitz Community!

How will this work?

Simple, players seeking assistance, guidance ,and mentoring will join the clan. This will make it easier for the mentors( the mentors are allowed to stay in their current clan for ease, and so that Basic Training will have the fullest amount of helpable players possible) to find them(just search up the clan tag). To keep trolls from faking as mentors, I will set up a password system that only the players in the clan and the mentors will know.

I will have a set of curriculum set up for players of different phases for the mentors to go off of. Preferably , the new players will download discord(this helps set them up for better clans in the future) to talk to their mentors when platooning. Mentors will have training schedules to show availability throughout the week.

I will also be starting a fusillade of highly descriptive guides on the forums , to benefit new players.

Miscellaneous Info

How will the goal be measured?- I will post their growth on the forums via spreadsheets depicting overall stats growth and quotes of excellence from successful players about the game.

How does one apply to be a mentor?-Pm me in game or on the forums.

Who will be accepted as a mentor?-Decided by me and my advisees

Who will be accepted into the clan?- Any new player wishing to grow better in the game.

How to apply? Request to join in the game, or pm me and I will send you an invite.

For more Info or Q&A, pm me on the forums or in the game.

Edited by CommanderTigly, 13 January 2016 - 01:05 AM.

DFNT Stronk

Vsavsa1 #2 Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:18 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7195 battles
Oh God I need this. 

Mad Driver. 

Highest Tier: X (E 100)

Lost most of my tanks to Training Rooms. l run a small beer shop in City Life rooms for silver.

LE_gend_VI #3 Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:20 AM

The man, the myth

• Players
  • 20814 battles
  • [NIPS]
Great idea! Beef it up for training rooms and you will be a legit pillar to the improvement of clans and player base. Good luck

CommanderTigly #4 Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:21 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8838 battles
  • [VAIN]

View PostLE_gend_VI, on 12 January 2016 - 07:20 PM, said:

Great idea! Beef it up for training rooms and you will be a legit pillar to the improvement of clans and player base. Good luck

I plan on abusing the training rooms when they come out. And thanks m8 (-.-)7

Edited by CommanderTigly, 13 January 2016 - 10:29 PM.

DFNT Stronk

jtemple507 #5 Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8582 battles
So how does a mentor get involved? I'd love to train people with mediums and heavies. I'm generally terrible with tank destroyers though, I might just end up joining the clan to get some help with that.

Grinding Modules (order of research plan): ST-I (engine)SU-100 (guns, tracks, SU-100M1)

Grinding XP For Next Tier: T32 (108.8k of 169k)Centurion I (123.4k of 165k)VK2801 (24.5k of 50.8k)

Premiums/Keeper Tanks: IS-6, Panzer IV Anko SPType 59

Grinding credits for: IS-8T-54E75T28 Proto

CommanderTigly #6 Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:31 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8838 battles
  • [VAIN]

View Postjtemple507, on 12 January 2016 - 07:30 PM, said:

So how does a mentor get involved? I'd love to train people with mediums and heavies. I'm generally terrible with tank destroyers though, I might just end up joining the clan to get some help with that.

If you want sign on as a volunteer mentor, pm me in game or on the forums.

DFNT Stronk

zucccccccccc #7 Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:03 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13963 battles
  • [501DV]
Sounds like a great idea! Good luck!

Ping Highscore: > 6 billion

I'm so good, I broke the Medium 1 damage record

CC_Sly #8 Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:40 PM

Community Lead

• Players
  • 3092 battles
  • [WGA]

Awesome idea! 

I looks forward to seeing how this evolves!

FORMER

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

Catainium #9 Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10835 battles
  • [MNLX]
At what winrate will the players be removed? 50% 55%?

Currently the leader of Midnight Lynx [MNLX] the one clan that is better than yours.

Winrate: 53%
Favorite tank: M18 Hellcat 
I am a supporter of Artillery and everything else this forum hates

MonkFish24 #10 Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 33911 battles
  • [4ROG]
I'll s8gn up let me know!

Lt_Kriff #11 Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 4926 battles
  • [LYNCH]
Sounds like a pretty good idea. Here's a +1

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. Of course, then your eyeballs will boil and your lungs will explode from the decompression. But hey, that's what you get for being a damn showoff."

"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's a meteor hurtling towards Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless your wish was death by giant meteor.

Post_game #12 Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:56 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38828 battles
I have a feeling you are about to get a lot of +1's.  Great idea!

Senator_Ratbat #13 Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:57 PM

Producer

• Administrator
  • 5865 battles
  • [WGA]
Great idea and a wonderful way to foster a stronger community!

spamalot2010 #14 Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:09 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14880 battles
I'll sign up to mentor

reluctanttheist #15 Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:18 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 25010 battles
  • [III-H]

Great idea.  You'll need BT000 through BT999 to catch all the noobs out there that need it though.  Heh, scratch that - there's so many noobs you'd need to switch to hexadecimal for the clan numbering :P

GREAT idea.  I'd make an alt account just to help with a clan like that.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

xray67 #16 Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:28 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25232 battles
  • [KILLN]

View PostCommanderTigly, on 12 January 2016 - 07:05 PM, said:

Basic Training

[-BT-]

“They’re in front of us, behind us, and to the sides of us; They can’t get away now.”

This is brand new clan and clan idea that will be the forefront of the new pioneered age of ending an ever growing under-skilled player base!

I have set out to develop this clan(with the advice and encouragement from others) to eradicate the number of under-skilled players in higher tiers for the better. How does one accomplish such feats? Simple...Start at the source. I will be heading up this endeavor to train new players starting from their first few battles. They will be learning both basic and advanced tanking tactics , as well as the basic structural anatomy of tanks of each nation and type. They should also learn the use of external voice communication apps such as discord and teamspeak, and the strategies needed to win on each map in the game.

The Goal:To end blocked shots, being pushed out into the open, teams with no sense of strategy, players who are confused about their role in the team, (everyone complains about these things...you know it's true),  enhance the skill level of the new flow of players that will be joining our ranks , and to overall improve the interactive quality of the game for the entire World of Tanks Blitz Community!

How will this work?

Simple, players seeking assistance, guidance ,and mentoring will join the clan. This will make it easier for the mentors( the mentors are allowed to stay in their current clan for ease, and so that Basic Training will have the fullest amount of helpable players possible) to find them(just search up the clan tag). To keep trolls from faking as mentors, I will set up a password system that only the players in the clan and the mentors will know.

I will have a set of curriculum set up for players of different phases for the mentors to go off of. Preferably , the new players will download discord(this helps set them up for better clans in the future) to talk to their mentors when platooning. Mentors will have training schedules to show availability throughout the week.

I will also be starting a fusillade of highly descriptive guides on the forums , to benefit new players.

Miscellaneous Info

How will the goal be measured?- I will post their growth on the forums via spreadsheets depicting overall stats growth and quotes of excellence from successful players about the game.

How does one apply to be a mentor?-Pm me in game or on the forums.

Who will be accepted as a mentor?-Decided by me and my advisees

Who will be accepted into the clan?- Any new player wishing to grow better in the game.

How to apply? Request to join in the game, or pm me and I will send you an invite.

For more Info or Q&A, pm me on the forums or in the game.

Awesome idea! Just like Sir Havoc in WoT. If you haven't heard of him he is on youtube.

CommanderTigly #17 Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:47 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8838 battles
  • [VAIN]

View PostCatainium, on 13 January 2016 - 10:43 AM, said:

At what winrate will the players be removed? 50% 55%?

I am not going to focus on winrate , so as much as how well they know basic (and some advanced) map strategies and tank tactics. Winrate isn't always the most accurate way to depict someones capabilities in combat. 

Even so, I would like the, to leave with a sustainable win rate of at least 50%. 

Note-This clan isn't meant for players to seal club to bring up their winrate. That is for you to do on your own. This clan is to train the new guys in town: show em the streets, the landmarks, and how to make their  way downtown - so to speak.

This isn't stat rehab, this is "Tank Academy", or "Boot Camp" - or as the name implies - basic training!

View PostSenator_Ratbat, on 13 January 2016 - 11:57 AM, said:

Great idea and a wonderful way to foster a stronger community!

That's the plan m8 ;)

View Postreluctanttheist, on 13 January 2016 - 02:18 PM, said:

Great idea.  You'll need BT000 through BT999 to catch all the noobs out there that need it though.  Heh, scratch that - there's so many noobs you'd need to switch to hexadecimal for the clan numbering :P

GREAT idea.  I'd make an alt account just to help with a clan like that.

Think of it like a school... students don't stay in school forever. After they have learned everything they need to know to succeed in their job or the rest of life, they move on to bigger and better things.

That(^) is basically what this is, therefore a few hundred feeders will not be necessary ( and I  would feel overwhelmed trying to lead many :ohmy:

They will essentially be going through a crash course on blitz, that depending on how fast they are as a learner, and scheduling, may take from 1-2 weeks, to a month( we don't judge , and nor do we care if it takes a few months, our mission is to make you new guys battle ready 07)

DFNT Stronk

Vsavsa1 #18 Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:21 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7195 battles

We are currently at 39 clan members and counting! I think the opening day has been a success, I've had people asking questions for a good 6 hours now! Spread the word guys!

I haven't platooned yet but I'm looking forward to it. Thanks Shawk_91 for helping out in general chat and thanks all mentors for your participation!

Edited by Vsavsa1, 14 January 2016 - 03:22 AM.

Mad Driver. 

Highest Tier: X (E 100)

Lost most of my tanks to Training Rooms. l run a small beer shop in City Life rooms for silver.

Zip_Zip #19 Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 42485 battles
  • [SPUDX]

I doubt I have the time to be a mentor but I'll be sure to offer extra encouragement in game when I see [-BT-] in battle. It will be a clan tag that will have respect all around as everyone can appretiate someone commited to becoming better.

+1 great idea

Always remember, wherever you go, there you are...

164 tanks mastered // Have tanks, will battle // Click here for my youtube channel 

CommanderTigly #20 Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:54 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8838 battles
  • [VAIN]

View PostZip_Zip, on 13 January 2016 - 09:45 PM, said:

I doubt I have the time to be a mentor but I'll be sure to offer extra encouragement in game when I see [-BT-] in battle. It will be a clan tag that will have respect all around as everyone can appretiate someone commited to becoming better.

+1 great idea

Thank you m8, that is a commendable (-.-)7

DFNT Stronk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users