Updaye MM 2.5

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

AndRa9e #1 Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 35698 battles
  • [RUS_]

To start with... I want to say that I am not a pro, not a great player, I am an average player and this is just my thoughts.

Here is what I think of 2.4 and 2.5 update and direction that game takes

I feel like the best way do describe the change and this update(s) is to to compare it to universal healthcare reform (US one). 

First of all, huge problem in the game such as Blitz, would be "noobs" experienced players that do not care, listen or improve. And as it is a "team game" where basically most organized team will win, you see less and less organization, aka you lose! So what do we do about this.... nothing, carry harder... right? Well yes, you right that's what we all did and trying to do... However WG steps in with 2.4 (if im correct) and says "Hey, we thought about this for a while and decided... you don't need to grind too much lower tier tanks... WE WANT YOU to go ahead and advance in to bigger tanks that go BOOM, bigger boom." And that's where things started going a little south. Did this help "noobs" to learn and get better? Nope, just helped them to get in higher tiers faster and act stupid up there... Now we been flooding with bad team mates more and more... I know carry harder, yup we are trying. 

Now 2.5 comes with amazing CAMO, awesome right? But wait, this awesomeness is not without a price to pay. And the price is this, all of a sudden every single one becomes a sniper! "Oh boy, i have a camo on my kv1s, t1, IS, i must be invisible. what to do? SNIPE!) So, since they as it is don't know how to play, this makes it even more "fun". But this isn't a problem where you have to get rid of camo, its just a funny observation. Maybe if we can get an in game (in news) video from WG to educate people on use of it would be useful. 

Now to the interesting part MM! 

Im not going to touch potential nerf of Pref MM tanks, we will agree to disagree on this one. What i do want to talk about is "carry harder" part, since we played few days now on new MM, some like it, some don't. NOw how many of us seeing more battles that look like this?

Spoiler

Didnt take a picture of "team results" this was my 3rd ace on this tank yesterday. The team results looked roughly like this, my platoon mate and I did all of the damage and rest of the team combined maybe a 1000 or less. This was a win, and its all good, but how many losses now like this? You would say, "yeah just like it was before, bad teams, bad losses". And I would disagree. Why? Well because now i have to "carry harder" against more of same amount of higher tiers. What i mean by that is now instead of tear breakdown (8,8,7,7,7,6,6) where if you are lets say one of 7's you thinking "ok if my team is full of potatoes, 8s can take some damage while causing some, ill focus on 8s, since 6s will be easier to deal with when ill be lower on HP"... Now you get  break down like this (8,8,8,8,7,7,7) or (7,7,7,6,6,6,6) and now you are screwed if "some" of your 8s or 7s are window lickers because now you have to carry against more tanks with higher HP, that do much more damage on your own.... You see where im getting with this?

So what i feel like is happening is "take it from the rich and give it to the poor" where now you or you and your toon mate have to work much harder for a slighter better chance to win and so the rest of the noobs get the win. for doing nothing... So with that being said, I don't even want to thing going solo out there now days, as with a toon mate i know at least one person out there will help me win. 

Another unfortunate experience I had with MM but in Tier 10. 

So since the pool for Tier10 is much smaller then rest of the tiers, you now see more more repeated players on the same team or opposite. No big deal really, but what I've seen now few times, that some individuals get vindictive and mess up your game because "you didn't listened to me last game" why would I listen you nonsense, when I'm trying to win and play as a team? We had the same guy playing with us 3 matches in a row, again because of a smaller player pool (no 8s) 

Here is the match, he was screaming "hill, hill take the hill" -___- did you see the match up? What f*****g hill? 

Spoiler

Here is one right after this battle, where he decided to troll my buddy e100 and blocked him. I blocked him and started to push him a side so e 100 can get away. Note how far our team gone by then... The was blocking and saying" that's cuz you didn't listen to me, idiots, morons, etc". He blocked my shots after and continued being an idiot, but we still won.

Spoiler

This guy isnt the only one, just one that i took screens of. So this is kinda not refreshing to see same people over and over in battles. 

So to sum it up, I am not fan of the fact that the game being tailored to benefit "noobs" more and more. Instead of handing them out (making easier to advance) WG need to help us educate the "noobs" maybe by introducing Bot games, or training rooms or stat restrictions on some tiers. (i believe there is a stat restriction for beginners to play with people in World of Warships). Something to help us enjoy the game, and new people to learn more. 

So this are my few thoughts, just voicing out my opinions. Thank you :) 

PS: sorry for mistakes, and missing punctuation lol 

_CH3F #2 Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 60583 battles
  • [L0VED]
I see what ur saying but I'm still having a great time playing. The teams are not as varied which leads to more defensive games. More players hiding and less flanking. Did I just say the f word. Flanking is a lost art. I played a cpl games today where I begged for a flank but no bites. I understand that most teams are wolf packing it but there's always those certain games that call for a flank. Flanking is my fav thing to do in blitz. Nothing compares to sneaking up on the other team and letting them have it. 

acrisis #3 Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20542 battles
  • [III-C]
( You should turn player names on so your screenshots can be used in support tickets against trolling ) 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

christian1470 #4 Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39218 battles

View Postchefejl74, on 14 January 2016 - 03:50 PM, said:

I see what ur saying but I'm still having a great time playing. The teams are not as varied which leads to more defensive games. More players hiding and less flanking. Did I just say the f word. Flanking is a lost art. I played a cpl games today where I begged for a flank but no bites. I understand that most teams are wolf packing it but there's always those certain games that call for a flank. Flanking is my fav thing to do in blitz. Nothing compares to sneaking up on the other team and letting them have it. 

This. I'm doing ok and my 30 day WR is staying stable, both solo and tooned, but honestly, there has just been some serious monkey business going on with team tactics. Like, when did Mill not become the thing for Malikova? Lots and lots of camping. Solo flanks in IS-7s, things like that. Lost multiple on copperfield due to no flankers. All bridge on falls creek. Really? Haven't we all gone over this before? Been playing the PTA a lot, and winning, but the battles are normally decided in the first few seconds. Either teams do their jobs or they don't, wandering off to god knows where in a stupendous fail train. So many battles on the new map where the heavies just follow the mediums and we lose miserably, because there is no anchor to flank off of. Sheesh!

CustardCreme #5 Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:38 PM

C'est La Vie

• Players
  • 13738 battles
  • [ATLS]
What WG needs is a mm with the sum of one team winrate and the other teams winrate to be similar. So it lets say avh is 50 wr, and seven player, so 350 wr vs 350 wr.

TZqWCQ9.png

Dad_of_Sam #6 Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:52 PM

Private

• Players
  • 23538 battles
  • [SWBG]

All good points HB...totally agree

Glad it wasn't me you were talking about...

Thanks for the toons last night...:B

Captain_Dread #7 Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:57 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 42872 battles
  • [III-C]
I think the better players should see an improved win rate after this update.  The reason is that they will be in more games where they can contribute effectively.  When you are low tier in a 3 tier MM, you just cannot contribute as effectively as being one tier down.  I don't think there is a way to know, but in a 3 tier MM system, when I am top tier, my WR would be around 65%, middle tier around 60%, low tier around 50%.  Factoring in low tier (1-5) battles were already 2 tier MM, tier IX-X battles have a greater chance at not being low tier, and premium vehicles with preferential MM, a player with my similar stats, should see a 3-5% increase in their win rate.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."  Mark Twain

BootlegTampico #8 Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:58 AM

"LGoW" --Random Pub

• Players
  • 22554 battles

View PostTrackBomb, on 14 January 2016 - 02:38 PM, said:

What WG needs is a mm with the sum of one team winrate and the other teams winrate to be similar. So it lets say avh is 50 wr, and seven player, so 350 wr vs 350 wr.

That will make it even harder for us to win. We will get a bunch of noobs to balance out our WR i.e. It would take a 41.xx% to bring me+him back to 50%(YIKES!!!)

Clan War Discord Server youtube Join the Legion

I would love for Wargaming to succeed, and I will push for success until I'm gone or Blitz is. 

Asiaticus #9 Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16340 battles

View PostTrackBomb, on 14 January 2016 - 04:38 PM, said:

And then everyone, potato and unicum alike, would have win rates trending toward 50. I guess that would be a nice gift to the bad players. I imagine some of them would take it as a challenge to keep their WRs as low as possible despite the matchmaking system's attempts to give them the best possible teams.

AndRa9e #10 Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 35698 battles
  • [RUS_]

View PostTrackBomb, on 14 January 2016 - 09:38 PM, said:

yah man, i dont think its gonna work. :( 

vicnchan #11 Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:29 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 54802 battles
  • [DETH]
Is anyone else having issues with gun accuracy since update? I had 80% accuracy on my IS using the 100mm D10T prior to the update... now shots go off into the ether...it's like the hand of stalin got artheritis and donks my shells. This is BEYOND aggravating.... and yes, I wait for the big circle to turn into a little one and on one shot, the target filled the circle completely and the shell hit the dirt 2 meters beside them.... could it be server lag due to anko-sitis overload?

Also tagged with Updaye, MM, 2.5

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users