Aiming issues continue with iPad Pro

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

PA60Pilot #1 Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:18 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31814 battles
  • [TITAN]

I was optimistic update 2.5 would address this, but there are still issues with turret rotation and aiming while using the iPad Pro.  2.5 might have improved it some...I'm not certain, as I haven't used the iPad Pro for a while, and just finally got to test it again for a couple dozen battles.

The main issue seems to be the difficulty manually aiming while in sniper mode.  I use this a lot, and it's nearly impossible to get off a snapshot while using the iPad Pro.  Even when not trying to snapshot, it takes approximately 2-3x longer to aim with the iPad Pro.  One basically needs to aim in the general vicinity of the target outside of sniper mode, then zoom in for fine adjustments.  On the iPad Air (first gen), this is not necessary, as I can very quickly aim at a target, even in sniper mode.

It seems the "gain" or amount of movement a finger swipe generates needs to be amplified by a factor of about 4 to make the aiming performance on the iPad Pro equivalent to the performance on the iPad Air.

To play competitively with the iPad Pro, I'm finding I either need to play nothing but TD's, or drop down to tiers where players are less likely to be very skilled.

"Now they're gonna come for us" - Anonymous Spawn Camping M6 - after rest of team destroyed

Poop_of_DEATH #2 Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:46 AM

The Jalapeño was too spicy

• Players
  • 29825 battles
  • [COD]
^^^^^^ All of that ^^^^^^

Gasho3 #3 Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 32608 battles
  • [RAIDR]
All that plus frame rate issues around multiple tanks.

Cruiser_Deutschland #4 Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:43 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32650 battles
  • [SCAMO]
 I turn my sensitivity crazy high. Still, the occasional frame drop is annoying as all hell.

66% unreliable skrub.

PA60Pilot #5 Posted 16 January 2016 - 02:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31814 battles
  • [TITAN]

So I've played about 50 games on the iPad Pro after 2.5 came out. After an abysmal start with it last night, I switched back to my 1st-generation iPad Air.

The difference is night and day.  It's so pronounced that it took about 10 battles with the iPad Air before I could consistently aim and hit targets in sniper mode, because it's so much more responsive than the iPad Pro.

I'm even running the Pro with controls and camera sensitivity maxed. Swiping the lookout bar when in arcade mode works as it should, but it simply takes too many swipes, and too much time, to effect turret traverse in or out of sniper mode, and aiming in sniper mode is not responsive enough in either the horizontal or vertical axis.

I submitted a support ticket when I started this thread, and it's in queue. I wish we could get some direct feedback from someone at War Gaming here. It's hard to imagine they're not aware of this problem, which has been present since at least the release of 2.4. Hopefully they'll get someone working on the issue soon.

"Now they're gonna come for us" - Anonymous Spawn Camping M6 - after rest of team destroyed

Sprocketkopf #6 Posted 16 January 2016 - 02:36 PM

Private

• Players
  • 25849 battles

Concur with all above.  Not only that, but my left controls are still glitching.  Drive around a corner with left controls, aim with right, fire with left..... And nothing!  Most frustrating when trying to use cover.  Like PA60Pilot, left playing TDs and slow heavies.  Even then the fast mediums move to quickly for the traverse rate to keep up.  Feel like a noob again, missing 30% of shot opportunities, and having to camp and snipe.  This cannot be too difficult of a fix, but after half the time playing I throw down the device in frustration.  Refuse to spend more money, or by another tank until fixed.  As it is, I am only playing about half as much as I used to on the old device.

Please address this issue, or explain why it is too hard to fix.  So far only silence from WG....  Normally they have been good with updates, and the camo on 2.5 is great, but this issue is beyond annoying.

derK1nderPanzer #7 Posted 16 January 2016 - 08:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17431 battles
  • [SEAL]
Ditto
T-62A, E-100, IS-7, T110E4

PA60Pilot #8 Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31814 battles
  • [TITAN]

Well...

Here's support's response:

"

Hi PA60Pilot,

Thanks for contacting Wargaming support!

We hear your feedback about the inability to do snapshotting while using an iPad Pro! We do want our players to be happy with our products and we strive to incorporate player feedback into every release we push out!

Although sending us here in Customer Support feedback is welcome, we generally recommend using our Feedback and Suggestions forum. The Feedback and Suggestions forums are where our developers gather the most player feedback. You can even find official "Feedback Request" threads, where you can really make your voice heard: http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/forum/69-suggestions-feedback/

To get access to the Feedback and Suggestions Forum, you must have at least 50 posts in the regular forums. We apologize if this causes any trouble, but we want players to be familiar with our forum culture before they expose their ideas to feedback and potential criticism from the community.

In the mean time, you can keep your eyes peeled for any new developments:http://wotblitz.com/en/news/

We hope this helps you get your feedback in the right place!

Best Regards, ########"

So, still nothing from War Gaming.  Support was a waste of time.

Tackmoney #9 Posted 24 January 2016 - 04:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24926 battles
  • [DD]
Wish I would have read all of this prior to getting my pro yesterday. I'm in the top 500 in the game but played like I had a win rate of 30% yesterday. I won't play again until the issues are fixed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users