• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Delta256 #41 Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:15 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10087 battles
  • [IMPR]

View PostKlaus_Klavier, on 14 January 2016 - 11:11 PM, said:

I'll agree on clown tank. It doesn't look at all as good as the T26E4 Freedom does....that thing looks BADAZZ

I get the vibe you don't care for the gimmicky tanks huh?

Lol well the Freedom is more star-spangled whereas the the Indy is more suited for the endzones than the battlefield.

I sometimes drive Warships too.

EvenSteven98 #42 Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:16 AM

#1 Topic Killer

• Players
  • 42306 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostKlaus_Klavier, on 14 January 2016 - 10:11 PM, said:

I get the vibe you don't care for the gimmicky tanks huh?

Yeah, for the most part.  Tankenstein doesn't bother me too much, but the clown tank and anime tank remove some of the "visual quality" in my opinion.

Delta256 #43 Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:23 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10087 battles
  • [IMPR]

View PostEvenSteven98, on 14 January 2016 - 11:16 PM, said:

Yeah, for the most part.  Tankenstein doesn't bother me too much, but the clown tank and anime tank remove some of the "visual quality" in my opinion.

Apparently the unique tanks will have the ability to be camo'd up just like normal tanks at some point, which might lessen this issue a little bit.

I sometimes drive Warships too.

Silevern #44 Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:27 AM

To Valhalla! Witness me!

• Players
  • 17616 battles

I only like movies/anime/whatever that make you think a lot after watching it. Inception (best movie ever made), Interstellar (number 2), movies like Gladiator with great soundtracks. Or, I like movies that portray non-fiction, so I liked Blackfish a lot too (also had a great soundtrack).

As for anime, Death Note was by far the best anime I've ever seen, and still is compared to the other snippets of anime that I occasionally watch with my friends. They're not so good. Death Note had me lying in bed re-evaluating my entire moral consciousness for MONTHS. That's what I call a very high quality anime.

A quote from a teacher I had: "It doesn't matter what format movie you're watching. If the message of the movie struck you hard and made you think about it for a long time, it's a good movie."

When I was little Naruto was the thing so I watched that but it was simply out of childish nerd-hood. Girls und Panzer probably belongs to this kind of anime: all visual effects, appeals to kids who like seeing cartoon violence, maybe for a few diehard adult anime fans, but ultimately not a very popular anime. I can see how WoT players find it fun because it's tanks after all, but I highly doubt anyone who is not a kid or a tank enthusiast would find it appealing. That's why I dislike the Anko... it's very out of place. My little brother loves anime and sometimes I let him blow tanks up on my phone so I'll be forced to keep it but if I had the choice I'd sell it without blinking.

Klaus_Klavier #45 Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17129 battles

View PostWhiskeyCyclone, on 14 January 2016 - 11:15 PM, said:

Don't get your panties in a bunch. It's well known that this kind of anime plays into the stereotypical objectification of women, with scantily clad prepubescent school girls catering to fetishists. Don't get me wrong, I like/ liked anime, long ago- Akira, Ghost in the Machine, etc. But the sexy schoolgirl anime is in fact ubiquitous, and so played out. I wouldn't call it cancerous, but if I had kids, I might. You like it? Fine, but it's not yours to defend. It's not like you have skin in the game. 

It's not really fetishy in this case though...this isn't some Rosario + vampire or monster musume...this is like lucky star if they drove tanks...it's very slice of life and moe rather then ecchi and fanservice

The E25 Whisperer

"Beware for those who those who stare into the abyss....lest the abyss stares back" 

Klaus_Klavier #46 Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17129 battles

View PostSilevern, on 14 January 2016 - 11:27 PM, said:

I only like movies/anime/whatever that make you think a lot after watching it. Inception (best movie ever made), Interstellar (number 2), movies like Gladiator with great soundtracks. Or, I like movies that portray non-fiction, so I liked Blackfish a lot too (also had a great soundtrack).

As for anime, Death Note was by far the best anime I've ever seen, and still is compared to the other snippets of anime that I occasionally watch with my friends. They're not so good. Death Note had me lying in bed re-evaluating my entire moral consciousness for MONTHS. That's what I call a very high quality anime.

A quote from a teacher I had: "It doesn't matter what format movie you're watching. If the message of the movie struck you hard and made you think about it for a long time, it's a good movie."

When I was little Naruto was the thing so I watched that but it was simply out of childish nerd-hood. Girls und Panzer probably belongs to this kind of anime: all visual effects, appeals to kids who like seeing cartoon violence, maybe for a few diehard adult anime fans, but ultimately not a very popular anime. I can see how WoT players find it fun because it's tanks after all, but I highly doubt anyone who is not a kid or a tank enthusiast would find it appealing. That's why I dislike the Anko... it's very out of place. My little brother loves anime and sometimes I let him blow tanks up on my phone so I'll be forced to keep it but if I had the choice I'd sell it without blinking.

Ever watch madoka magica? It pretends to be your run of the mill maho shojo (you know magical girls?) anime well yeah...it's SOOO not that.

death note FKED me up for a while as well...every good watch.

Edited by Klaus_Klavier, 15 January 2016 - 04:35 AM.

The E25 Whisperer

"Beware for those who those who stare into the abyss....lest the abyss stares back" 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users