Panzer IV Anko: Best tier 5 Med

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Alakazamfan1 #21 Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14443 battles
Silevern has another valid point

Edited by Alakazamfan1, 15 January 2016 - 03:27 AM.

Klaus_Klavier #22 Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:27 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17129 battles

View PostSilevern, on 14 January 2016 - 10:22 PM, said:

These anime tanks are really annoying to see. They're just eyesores.

Criticize me for being an anime hater or whatever but I'm pretty sure adding cartoon tanks doesn't quite fit with the rest of the tanks. Also, if Wargaming is willing to make adolescent girl commander voices from some obscure anime why can't they make different voices for the regular crews?

Now here you have some points that don't sound hate influenced. You've got GOOD reasons to think this.

personally I wished they'd have just kept the "HD" model and slapped the logos and spaced armor on it...I'm not a huge fan of the look because it differs from the normal color palette and it doesn't look like it belongs. 

Then I remember this isn't a realistic game at all and that I love the show so I'll make an exception.

now to go onto the voice thing. It's because the anko is the only tank in the game to have its own crew....all the other tanks in the game are supposed to have the same crew (this is why we don't buy new crews...we just train them in the tank we play)

Edited by Klaus_Klavier, 15 January 2016 - 03:28 AM.

The E25 Whisperer

"Beware for those who those who stare into the abyss....lest the abyss stares back" 

Delta256 #23 Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10087 battles
  • [IMPR]

View Postchessredpanda, on 14 January 2016 - 10:16 PM, said:

T-34 >>>>>>>>>>>> ANko

I'll take a medium with a 75/6mm gun over the T-34's 57mm any day.

I sometimes drive Warships too.

EvenSteven98 #24 Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:36 AM

#1 Topic Killer

• Players
  • 41599 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostSilevern, on 14 January 2016 - 09:22 PM, said:

These anime tanks are really annoying to see. They're just eyesores.

Criticize me for being an anime hater or whatever but I'm pretty sure adding cartoon tanks doesn't quite fit with the rest of the tanks. Also, if Wargaming is willing to make adolescent girl commander voices from some obscure anime why can't they make different voices for the regular crews?

Boom, this is exactly why I don't like this contest.  Luckily I don't play with audio, but I still have to look at that girly piece of crap, AND SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE.  In fact, the only reason I'm participating in the event is to get an extra garage slot.

chessredpanda #25 Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:36 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20442 battles
  • [DEF]

View PostDelta256, on 14 January 2016 - 09:28 PM, said:

I'll take a medium with a 75/6mm gun over the T-34's 57mm any day.

Learn to play the 34

Made Su152 damage record with 5205 damage beating previous record by MajorTroller which was 5178.NO LONGER HELD

New signature currently being made by Fogcruiseraustrailia

Klaus_Klavier #26 Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17129 battles

View PostEvenSteven98, on 14 January 2016 - 10:36 PM, said:

Boom, this is exactly why I don't like this contest.  Luckily I don't play with audio, but I still have to look at that girly piece of crap, AND SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE.  In fact, the only reason I'm participating in the event is to get an extra garage slot.

You realize the show is made for guys right?

its a show about girls who have tank fights drawn to what guys typically think is cute or desirable.

IT IS MADE BY MEN FOR MEN. 

Just not on the same level your fake [edited]lizard lick towing is on.

this show may be animated but at least is doesn't crap into your mouth my pretending it's real like American Reality TV shows going "WHOA THAT GUY ALMOST GOT US WHEW GOOD THING WE REPO-ED HIS CAR IN TIME OR LORD KNOWS WHAT THIS GUY WOULD HAVE DONE TO US.....OH MY GOD HE HAS A GRENADE RUNNN!!!"

at least there is a story here; I'm not implying anime is the pinnacle of entertainment but it is certainly a viable option in comparison to what we prefer to watch in this country

"let's make moonshine...oh no my still exploded right behind us at a very good camera angle it's a good thing we weren't next to it"

or or my favorite "we Amish hate the English, we are the Amish mafia *proceeds to beat up on "outsiders" for selling phones to Amish children

I want to elaborate on this more before someone says "but klaus aren't you being a hypocrite for hating on reality TV"? 

I dont hate it because it's popular I have established reasons why I can't stand it. 

The the main reason people hate anime is because they don't watch it and they see it everywhere and it kinda gets annoying to them.

the reasons why I hate reality tv were things like "pretending to be real and lying in disclaimers saying it's real" 

Edited by Klaus_Klavier, 15 January 2016 - 03:55 AM.

The E25 Whisperer

"Beware for those who those who stare into the abyss....lest the abyss stares back" 

Xeraux #27 Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3312 battles

View PostKlaus_Klavier, on 14 January 2016 - 07:20 PM, said:

You can't tell me it's not true though. 

To assume one is cancer because they like something that you don't is cancerous in itself because it becomes popular to hate things

boil it Down to as follows

Love is cancer because it's spreads

hate is cancer because it's spreads

You're not wrong, but you're overreacting and getting way defensive on something that doesn't seem threatening at all, and it's entertaining me. Keep going.

PC super-unicum

Retired Blitz unicum Current Blitz pubbie

Blitz garage:

M5 Stuart, M4 Sherman, T82, Pz II J, BT-7 A, A-20, T-34-85 Victory, KV-2, IS, IS-6, SU-122-44, Cruiser IV, Centurion I, AT 15A, Ke-Ho, O-47

Klaus_Klavier #28 Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17129 battles
If anything fans of any "reality" TV show are in general the pubbie You see in game.

If you enjoy laughing at how badly written these shows are then that's your prerogative but as long as you don't HONESTLY think these shows are real people

The E25 Whisperer

Delta256 #29 Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10087 battles
  • [IMPR]

View Postchessredpanda, on 14 January 2016 - 10:36 PM, said:

Learn to play the 34

I've got a 2993 WN8 in the T-34, I can play it just fine. I still would take a 75mm over a 57mm at tier V.

Klaus_Klavier #30 Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17129 battles

View PostXeraux, on 14 January 2016 - 10:50 PM, said:

You're not wrong, but you're overreacting and getting way defensive on something that doesn't seem threatening at all, and it's entertaining me. Keep going.

I'm rather vehement about this because there is no need to hate it. It's not something to be hated. It's not the best entertainment out there but it is far from the worst

The E25 Whisperer

EvenSteven98 #31 Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:55 AM

#1 Topic Killer

• Players
  • 41599 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostKlaus_Klavier, on 14 January 2016 - 09:40 PM, said:

You realize the show is made for guys right?

its a show about girls who have tank fights drawn to what guys typically think is cute or desirable.

IT IS MADE BY MEN FOR MEN. 

Just not on the same level your fake [edited]lizard lick towing is on.

this show may be animated but at least is doesn't crap into your mouth my pretending it's real like American Reality TV shows going "WHOA THAT GUY ALMOST GOT US WHEW GOOD THING WE REPO-ED HIS CAR IN TIME OR LORD KNOWS WHAT THIS GUY WOULD HAVE DONE TO US.....OH MY GOD HE HAS A GRENADE RUNNN!!!"

at least there is a story here; I'm not implying anime is the pinnacle of entertainment but it is certainly a viable option in comparison to what we prefer to watch in this country

"let's make moonshine...oh no my still exploded right behind us at a very good camera angle it's a good thing we weren't next to it"

or or my favorite "we Amish hate the English, we are the Amish mafia *proceeds to beat up on "outsiders" for selling phones to Amish children*

I didn't say the show is meant for girls, I said that it (the tank) looked like a girly piece of crap, mainly because it goes off the deep end of camo schemes as compared to all the other camo schemes.  If war gaming came out with a lizard lick towing camo scheme, I'd be annoyed at that too.  Also, you subtly implying that I like those reality tv shows (because reasons) is a poor attempt at validating anime (which I don't hate, I just like making people like you get butt hurt).  Side note: don't get butt hurt.

samsensan #32 Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:59 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17811 battles
  • [FN]
Got my PzIV Anko..... It is kind of cute. And when i heard that anime voice- awesome fun!  This is one free tank that's definitely a keeper. So Kawaii........

Klaus_Klavier #33 Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17129 battles

View PostEvenSteven98, on 14 January 2016 - 10:55 PM, said:

I didn't say the show is meant for girls, I said that it (the tank) looked like a girly piece of crap, mainly because it goes off the deep end of camo schemes as compared to all the other camo schemes.  If war gaming came out with a lizard lick towing camo scheme, I'd be annoyed at that too.  Also, you subtly implying that I like those reality tv shows (because reasons) is a poor attempt at validating anime (which I don't hate, I just like making people like you get butt hurt).  Side note: don't get butt hurt.

It was an educated guess. A lot of the time people who hate anime are close minded individuals who are entirely hypnotized by reality TV and think because it doesnt feature real people that it's for kids and invalid as a type of entertainment.

its BRAINDEAD people like that who buy a löwe and drive the thing backwards and not angle it. People who lack a logical mind.

Since you were merely toying with me I can say GG

you got me there. But it's to be noted I love a good   Debate....as if that wasn't clearly obvious 

Edited by Klaus_Klavier, 15 January 2016 - 04:00 AM.

The E25 Whisperer

EvenSteven98 #34 Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:04 AM

#1 Topic Killer

• Players
  • 41599 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostKlaus_Klavier, on 14 January 2016 - 09:59 PM, said:

It was an educated guess. A lot of the time people who hate anime are close minded individuals who are entirely hypnotized by reality TV and think because it doesnt feature real people that it's for kids and invalid as a type of entertainment.

its BRAINDEAD people like that who buy a löwe and drive the thing backwards and not angle it. People who lack a logical mind.

Since you were merely toying with me I can say GG

you got me there. But it's to be noted I love a good   Debate....as if that wasn't clearly obvious 

Lesson be learned: don't assume someone's position on an issue and then strawman their argument.  BTW, I wasn't merely toying with you, those are my honest opinions.

Delta256 #35 Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10087 battles
  • [IMPR]

View PostEvenSteven98, on 14 January 2016 - 10:55 PM, said:

I didn't say the show is meant for girls, I said that it (the tank) looked like a girly piece of crap, mainly because it goes off the deep end of camo schemes as compared to all the other camo schemes. 

If I'm honest, the T34 1776 is much much more ridiculous than the Pz IV ASP, one looks like a discoloured reddish tank with a few decals slapped on, the other looks like it's wearing a football jersey.

Klaus_Klavier #36 Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:06 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17129 battles

View PostEvenSteven98, on 14 January 2016 - 11:04 PM, said:

Lesson be learned: don't assume someone's position on an issue and then strawman their argument.  BTW, I wasn't merely toying with you, those are my honest opinions.

I mean that you were toying partially with me

The E25 Whisperer

Klaus_Klavier #37 Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17129 battles

View PostEvenSteven98, on 14 January 2016 - 11:04 PM, said:

Assumptions are difficult but all in all using past experience as a guide isn't entirely a bad decision

The E25 Whisperer

EvenSteven98 #38 Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:09 AM

#1 Topic Killer

• Players
  • 41599 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostDelta256, on 14 January 2016 - 10:05 PM, said:

If I'm honest, the T34 1776 is much much more ridiculous than the Pz IV ASP, one looks like a discoloured reddish tank with a few decals slapped on, the other looks like it's wearing a football jersey.

the T34 independence is an embarrassment to look at.  I don't really like the tankenstein either.

Klaus_Klavier #39 Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17129 battles

View PostEvenSteven98, on 14 January 2016 - 11:09 PM, said:

the T34 independence is an embarrassment to look at.  I don't really like the tankenstein either.

I'll agree on clown tank. It doesn't look at all as good as the T26E4 Freedom does....that thing looks BADAZZ

I get the vibe you don't care for the gimmicky tanks huh?

Edited by Klaus_Klavier, 15 January 2016 - 04:13 AM.

The E25 Whisperer

WhiskeyCyclone #40 Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:15 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21727 battles
  • [LONR]

View PostKlaus_Klavier, on 14 January 2016 - 10:11 PM, said:

I'm sorry you are just a MASSIVE hypocrite

you talk about how "cancerous" anime is well you know what else is "cancerous"? Hating a genre of entertainment simply because you've think it's weird or dumb and just assume the entire populace who enjoys it is Inferior to you. 

Because I see people do that a lot.

hating on stuff for no reason other than "I see it everywhere and I don't like it therefore no one should like it"

so yeah. You're just as much of a cancer as anime fans are. A big malignant inoperable one at the base of the skull. That's you. You're just as bad as us because the more we multiply the more people like you multiply. 

Don't get your panties in a bunch. It's well known that this kind of anime plays into the stereotypical objectification of women, with scantily clad prepubescent school girls catering to fetishists. Don't get me wrong, I like/ liked anime, long ago- Akira, Ghost in the Machine, etc. But the sexy schoolgirl anime is in fact ubiquitous, and so played out. I wouldn't call it cancerous, but if I had kids, I might. You like it? Fine, but it's not yours to defend. It's not like you have skin in the game. 

Keep it old school. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users