Screen Jumping is Worse Than Ever

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

MSixteen #1 Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:12 AM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18667 battles

There has long been a bug where if I were to point at an enemy tank in sniper mode, the reticle would immediately do a 180, and i'd all of a sudden be looking behind/above me, with my turret and gun swinging around to what i was now aiming at (always nothing).

Since 2.5 has started, I have noticed an alarming increase in this happening. I don't have to be in sniper mode for it to happen anymore. In 3rd person mode, the reticle will turn 90 degrees (usually to the left) and my tank/turret (played mostly TDs since release) would turn 90 degrees at what i was now aiming at, even though it was never my intent. You can imagine how many times I was shot in the side of the hull/turret because I look at an enemy and my tank immediately and involuntarily shifts my aim, thus turning my hull/turret

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

Silevern #2 Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:17 AM

To Valhalla! Witness me!

• Players
  • 17653 battles
  • [-_S_-]

Interesting. I've never seen this glitch before during combat. I have seen it immediately after the match ends, though. You know how when the match ends, and your reloading circle will keep going and when it stops reloading the game is trying to load the garage? When the loading circle freezes my camera angle will suddenly whip behind me.

I can't think of any strategy for avoiding this kind of glitch, aside from learning to recognize it early and having fast fingers to rotate your turret back to position. As an extreme, you might want to avoid using tanks with high turret traverse until this issue gets addressed

tlouie #3 Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9644 battles
  • [TAT]

View PostMSixteen, on 14 January 2016 - 10:12 PM, said:

There has long been a bug where if I were to point at an enemy tank in sniper mode, the reticle would immediately do a 180, and i'd all of a sudden be looking behind/above me, with my turret and gun swinging around to what i was now aiming at (always nothing).

Since 2.5 has started, I have noticed an alarming increase in this happening. I don't have to be in sniper mode for it to happen anymore. In 3rd person mode, the reticle will turn 90 degrees (usually to the left) and my tank/turret (played mostly TDs since release) would turn 90 degrees at what i was now aiming at, even though it was never my intent. You can imagine how many times I was shot in the side of the hull/turret because I look at an enemy and my tank immediately and involuntarily shifts my aim, thus turning my hull/turret

Did you try clicking Reset on the control layout settings?  And just try using the default control layout and see if the problem goes away?  I had what you described, and the problem went away after I did the control layout reset.

__Jade #4 Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:59 AM

Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

• Players
  • 32410 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View Posttlouie, on 14 January 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:

Did you try clicking Reset on the control layout settings?  And just try using the default control layout and see if the problem goes away?  I had what you described, and the problem went away after I did the control layout reset.

its not a control layout problem its a glitch where it is possibly for the sniper view to get the wrong numbers and give a funky far away view. 

"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

I Swear It's Like A Potato Farm With The Current Playerbase

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy

tlouie #5 Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9644 battles
  • [TAT]

View PostBronyman50, on 14 January 2016 - 10:59 PM, said:

its not a control layout problem its a glitch where it is possibly for the sniper view to get the wrong numbers and give a funky far away view. 

Just suggesting. Wouldn't hurt to try.

If it is a glitch, maybe it happens more on some maps?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users