Jump to content


Rant Club—Noobs, Cap Rushers, Campers, MM, Arty, Hackers, Cheats, etc.

Noobs Cap Rushers Campers Matchmaking Artillery Hackers Cheat Shots

  • Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

LarsGarvey #21 Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:03 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9049 battles
  • 203
  • [III-Z]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

One semi-ranty, semi-real thing I'd love to see is Wargaming putting together some instructional videos on how best to play certain types of tanks, maybe even bring in some of the users from this forum to help. It can be super annoying to see heavies camping/sniping, TDs trying to brawl, mediums not realizing the power of a wolf pack and all running off in different directions (which can be helpful, yes, but I'm talking about the times when all those mediums just get clobbered or are useless), etc. And this happens a bit too often, even at tier VIII+.

 

Really hate when you're looking at the line up of your team and thinking, "Yeah, hey, we've got a shot, maybe we have slightly better tanks than the enemies," and then as soon as the game starts everyone acts like they have no idea what kind of tank they're in. And before you know it, the TD acting like a heavy is dead, the mediums are disorganized, and the one heavy that could help restore some order and give the team a shot is trying to work his way into a sniping position. (That sniping heavy will be the last tank left alive, by the way, and he or she will be calling all of us "noobs" and complaining about their "noob team," and all the guys who died rushing base with less than 200 damage will also be yelling, "NOOOBS! Why didn't anyone help me?!", and so on.)


Edited by LarsGarvey, 03 September 2014 - 09:05 PM.

Community Pledge Signer

Current Tank Rotation:

M103 * T32 * T34 * T29 * SU-100Y * T-34


Val_Darrant #22 Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:19 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17406 battles
  • 336
  • [III-X]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014
What a great thread!

How about that feeling of excitement watching all tanks advance just to see that four noobs were just getting better position and are now backing up to camp.

I have started taking screen shots of game results so I have names of noobs (or those acting the part) but also as proof that I only mostly suck and not completely.

 

"Everybody Counts or Nobody Counts"


libby2014 #23 Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:31 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 2546 battles
  • 45
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

Alright....I am tired of the TK'ing.  Really tired of it.  And the pushing into enemy fire trick? Yeah, I'm tired of that one also.  You have 7 minutes to kill the other team, those "red ones" on your map? You know, that thing that lets you know where everyone is? Oh right, they have all decided to circle the cap area, and are watching each other get wiped. OR, they all are super shooters, and need to hide to take that perfect shot....it's pretty sad when I am the team scout in my heavy.  Also, after a while, you kind of know where the battles will likely take place...so, where is eveyone rushing off to....oh right, the cap. Yeah, I know, I am the last one alive, and I have actually managed to knock out a couple tanks, but, you are all now just viewers.....I don't really want or need your advice on best tactics to play. And no, I am not camping/wimping out....I am just amazed at the amount of stupid I am watching happen right before me. 

 

And then in the next battle, I am destroyed within the first minute....I am such a noob!



Augustus_Sohn #24 Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:22 PM

    The rent-a-cop

  • Players
  • 13307 battles
  • 6,172
  • [III-H]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View PostLarsGarvey, on 03 September 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

One semi-ranty, semi-real thing I'd love to see is Wargaming putting together some instructional videos on how best to play certain types of tanks, maybe even bring in some of the users from this forum to help. It can be super annoying to see heavies camping/sniping, TDs trying to brawl, mediums not realizing the power of a wolf pack and all running off in different directions (which can be helpful, yes, but I'm talking about the times when all those mediums just get clobbered or are useless), etc. And this happens a bit too often, even at tier VIII+.

 

Really hate when you're looking at the line up of your team and thinking, "Yeah, hey, we've got a shot, maybe we have slightly better tanks than the enemies," and then as soon as the game starts everyone acts like they have no idea what kind of tank they're in. And before you know it, the TD acting like a heavy is dead, the mediums are disorganized, and the one heavy that could help restore some order and give the team a shot is trying to work his way into a sniping position. (That sniping heavy will be the last tank left alive, by the way, and he or she will be calling all of us "noobs" and complaining about their "noob team," and all the guys who died rushing base with less than 200 damage will also be yelling, "NOOOBS! Why didn't anyone help me?!", and so on.)

The last paragraph:

So Damn True.

Radicalo #25 Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:36 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5598 battles
  • 1,630
  • [RAZ0R]
  • Member since:
    07-31-2013

View PostKRYSTALIZR, on 03 September 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:

 

I don't like them because kids [redacted] about non-existent issues, to make up for their lack of skill, or to explain something they don't understand (the "invisible tanks" translate quite literally into ghosts with that definition lol). It's either that or people wishing for Arties that set me off.....

 

hey not all kids are like that.

Picture of stats not currently working, so I'll do this.

https://wotbstars.co...&geo=NA&lng=eng


andrew3396 #26 Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:44 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6621 battles
  • 209
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014
Im banned for team killing noobs. I love tea killing noobs

Master Tanker

 

Tier 10s: T-62A, T110E3,  IS-7

Proud non-signer of the community pledge


_Whiplash #27 Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:49 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5779 battles
  • 2,063
  • Member since:
    11-02-2013
I was upset at first with the amount of immaturity on blitz. Then I reminded myself that this is on a mobile platform so children have easier access to it. Now I just ignore the morons who think it's funny to "troll".

 

I've fought countless times, yet I've never met an adversary who could offer me what we Spartans call "A Beautiful Death." I can only hope, with all the world's warriors gathered against us, there might be one who's up to the task.
 
 
 

Tecview #28 Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:52 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 9728 battles
  • 24
  • [HAZE]
  • Member since:
    03-28-2013
I have had those days, where I do one match, it is so ridiculous, I just stop playing. Something about special tanks, specifically the E4 draws a lot of friendly fire... 

LarsGarvey #29 Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:16 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9049 battles
  • 203
  • [III-Z]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

I JUST GOT SHOT THROUGH A DUNE ON OASIS! A DUNE! 

 

 

My tank was on the other side of Frank Herbert's classic novel "Dune"!


Community Pledge Signer

Current Tank Rotation:

M103 * T32 * T34 * T29 * SU-100Y * T-34


thunderthies #30 Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:10 AM

    Not a Hoax

  • Club Wargaming
  • 14051 battles
  • 3,865
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014
Well played, sir. Well played. 

Check out:   WoTB terms, phrases defined v. 2.0

Check out:    iMovie iOS video production tutorial

Check out:           WoTB beginner's guide, tactics

Check out:                   WoTB YouTube channels


andrew3396 #31 Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:00 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6621 battles
  • 209
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014

View Post_Whiplash, on 03 September 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

I was upset at first with the amount of immaturity on blitz. Then I reminded myself that this is on a mobile platform so children have easier access to it. Now I just ignore the morons who think it's funny to "troll".

 

does thst mean u ignore yourself? If that's possible.

Master Tanker

 

Tier 10s: T-62A, T110E3,  IS-7

Proud non-signer of the community pledge


LarsGarvey #32 Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:27 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9049 battles
  • 203
  • [III-Z]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014
Okay, quick rant-starting question? Which maps do you guys just really not like playing on? I have one that is absolutely my least favorite, but it took a while for me to settle on just one map to rant about. I've also heard a fair few people ranting about our newest map, Oasis Palms, which for me is still a treat (for now).

Community Pledge Signer

Current Tank Rotation:

M103 * T32 * T34 * T29 * SU-100Y * T-34


thunderthies #33 Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:38 AM

    Not a Hoax

  • Club Wargaming
  • 14051 battles
  • 3,865
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

View Post_Whiplash, on 04 September 2014 - 12:49 AM, said:

I was upset at first with the amount of immaturity on blitz. Then I reminded myself that this is on a mobile platform so children have easier access to it. Now I just ignore the morons who think it's funny to "troll".

That's actually a really good point. 


Check out:   WoTB terms, phrases defined v. 2.0

Check out:    iMovie iOS video production tutorial

Check out:           WoTB beginner's guide, tactics

Check out:                   WoTB YouTube channels


Altered0mega #34 Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:08 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 18677 battles
  • 24
  • [VOLS]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

View PostLarsGarvey, on 04 September 2014 - 06:27 AM, said:

Okay, quick rant-starting question? Which maps do you guys just really not like playing on? I have one that is absolutely my least favorite, but it took a while for me to settle on just one map to rant about. I've also heard a fair few people ranting about our newest map, Oasis Palms, which for me is still a treat (for now).

 

The most challenging map for me is the Rockfield. I wouldn't say that I don't like it, but I get my butt handed to me most often in that map.



naktl #35 Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:25 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18714 battles
  • 607
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

I don't categorically hate any map, but I do dislike some maps on some tanks.  Dead Rail in some of the TDs sucks because of the spawn point.  I don't love the bridge map in some tanks.  That's me not the map though.  I do not typically enjoy spawning in the desert in a lone medium when the other team has multiple superior mediums.  Same on the hill of the church town map.  I don't actually love the new map yet, but I think it is more about the game type than the map, which is cool.  Always having the same base capping game type is not my fave.  I would like some staged caps or have the cap turned off for at least the first 2 minutes on these small fast maps.  (Don't you just hate people who can't remember the names of maps?  Irritates me no end.). 

 

Nice thread.


 


dddqqq #36 Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:49 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10289 battles
  • 896
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

I hate when mediums don't rush the mines. That is all. 

 

 

 

 



gffcom #37 Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:53 AM

    REDACTED

  • Players
  • 37120 battles
  • 5,402
  • [SRT-]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View Postdddqqq, on 05 September 2014 - 08:49 AM, said:

I hate when mediums don't rush the mines. That is all. 

 

 

Or stop the flank in the desert, or.....


                                                         

Xs: IS-7, IS-4, FV215b, T110E5, E100, E50M, Obj 140, T-62A, M48A1 Patton, FV4202, Leopard 1, Obj 268

                                                                  SPARTA 

                     

                                                           


Panbun #38 Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:52 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8126 battles
  • 8,021
  • [PBKAC]
  • Member since:
    10-25-2012

View PostLarsGarvey, on 04 September 2014 - 05:15 AM, said:

Welcome to Rant Club.

 

Rules of Rant Club:

1) The first rule of Rant Club is you do talk about Rant Club

I see what you did there! +1 :veryhappy:

 

Anyway, I'm following this thread.



ErvinTarczay #39 Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:36 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10435 battles
  • 322
  • [8THVB]
  • Member since:
    08-26-2014

View Postnaktl, on 05 September 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

I don't categorically hate any map, but I do dislike some maps on some tanks.  Dead Rail in some of the TDs sucks because of the spawn point.  I don't love the bridge map in some tanks.  That's me not the map though.  I do not typically enjoy spawning in the desert in a lone medium when the other team has multiple superior mediums.  Same on the hill of the church town map.  I don't actually love the new map yet, but I think it is more about the game type than the map, which is cool.  Always having the same base capping game type is not my fave.  I would like some staged caps or have the cap turned off for at least the first 2 minutes on these small fast maps.  (Don't you just hate people who can't remember the names of maps?  Irritates me no end.). 

 

Nice thread.

Dead Rail can be prime for a TD, if you spawn in the southern side. One spot in particular gives you good fields of fire into the foothills, and into some parts of the town. North end, you're in for a tougher time. The new map, Oasis Palms, has so many places with long range shooting, you're never killed from the same spot twice. Fort Despair sucks for a TD, unless your turreted.  Then it's just bad. The Copperfield map is ok, just stay out of the valley. Mines is another decent one for a TD, and the last two, which I can't remember the names of, are ok, depending on the spawn. The big town one can be great if you clear the hills, and set up to shoot right down the main street in the town. The bridges one is ok, as long as you control the high areas. 

 


Google "Rule of Large Numbers" and "Confirmation Bias" and stop posting complaints about MM.  

 

 


LarsGarvey #40 Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:55 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9049 battles
  • 203
  • [III-Z]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View PostArkioLite324, on 05 September 2014 - 05:52 AM, said:

I see what you did there! +1 :veryhappy:

 

Haha. Good, I'm glad you appreciate my (typically lame) humor. :glasses: 

 

And yes, I hope we get some good rants on here. I know I'm boiling up to one soon.


Community Pledge Signer

Current Tank Rotation:

M103 * T32 * T34 * T29 * SU-100Y * T-34





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users