Rant Club—Noobs, Cap Rushers, Campers, MM, Arty, Hackers, Cheats, etc.

Noobs Cap Rushers Campers Matchmaking Artillery Hackers Cheat Shots

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

LarsGarvey #41 Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:12 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9049 battles
  • [III-Z]

My absolute least favorite map is Fort Desolation (it's called something like that, right?). I get irritated the moment I see that's where I've been dropped into. I don't think I do particularly badly in that map (though, granted, I don't do particularly well either), but there's something about it that is so irksome—that bit by the castle is such a mess, trying to run flank is such a mess, the whole layout is particularly messy—lots of little crannies near spawn, total mess in the middle of the map, weirdness around base—which is also one of the map's charms, too, I suppose.

In a heavy, this map isn't too bad. Still annoying, but I can deal with it—just roll into town, brawl with the other heavies that show up at the weird rock mounds in the ruins, keep an eye on your sides (as there are lots of ways to get involved in that fight by the mounds), and then, if you can win the battle in town, roll out to the more open areas. I think those mounds annoy me the most—in Rockfield and Copper-whatever and Mines, I can typically get some nice hull down for my American heavy while engaging; with those mounds, you have to shoot-and-scoot, sidescrape, etc. It's not until someone dies, and you have to pray they die in a good place, that I feel like I can get a bit more involved, parking my hull/glacis behind that burning wreck. 

In a TD, though, Fort Whatever is a total mess. There's really almost no good options (at least as far as I've been able to play). The map really forces you to not snipe (which has its charms, yes), forces you to get involved (unless you want to end the game with like 68 damage), etc., which isn't always great for a tank like the SU-100Y, the glass cannon/attention magnet that she is.

The other maps have a lot of (wonderful/irritating) messiness to them, too, but I just loathe the Fort for some reason. It's semi-irrational, based more on my limitations as a tanker than on anything concrete, and so on. Regardless of the source, that hate is very real. :)

Community Pledge Signer

Current Tank Rotation:

M103 * T32 * T34 * T29 * SU-100Y * T-34

Guderian5266 #42 Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24771 battles
  • [III-S]

Lars

My only semi-successful method so far with SU-85 in Fort Desolation has been to rush straight to the cap area and hide behind bushes outside the circle near a wall corner (further away from the open

area, closer to the ruins of the fort). Works better if some teammates come along instead of all going deeper into the ruins. I have camo

and am hard to spot, so when enemy comes along I can get first 1 or 2 bushwhack shots in before scooting behind wall for cover. This also sometimes gives me a flank shot into

any enemy mediums out in the open area engaging teammates. Have to keep watching both sides to avoid getting flanked myself. Also as I am centrally positioned in the battle I can see

which side (open area or ruins) would benefit most from my help if I am not already engaged. Sometimes it all falls to pieces but I usually get a good game.

Community Pledge Signer

Guderian5266 #43 Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:45 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24771 battles
  • [III-S]

If I had to rant, it would be the Copperfield, especially spawning at bottom of the hill as a heavier tank and expected to climb the hill and trade shots.

However, recently my Tier6 VK36.01 has wound up rolling up this hill against Tier7 and 8. I feel almost naked. I just hate starting at the bottom of that hill.

Even worse, everyone on the team refuses to climb the hill and all go right. The enemy comes storming down the hill and pummels us as my VK tries

to hold against an IS and IS-3. Splat.

Community Pledge Signer

RedColt #44 Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2124 battles

A noob is...

The one who follows the first moving tank.

Who rush to kill the first red target.

who rush to kill any target whos HP is below 10% and end up dying first.

who rush to cap the flag.

who says a TD is a camper.

Who parks his tank infront of you to KS your target.

who parks behind you while you're doing the peek-a-boo style of fighting.

Who flanks around the map using a slow tank.

who fires 5 consecutive shots and all of them bounces off and still stays on that same position.

Life's too short to drive a boring tank!

Spekulatius #45 Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 30969 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostGuderian5266, on 05 September 2014 - 05:45 PM, said:

If I had to rant, it would be the Copperfield, especially spawning at bottom of the hill as a heavier tank and expected to climb the hill and trade shots.

However, recently my Tier6 VK36.01 has wound up rolling up this hill against Tier7 and 8. I feel almost naked. I just hate starting at the bottom of that hill.

Even worse, everyone on the team refuses to climb the hill and all go right. The enemy comes storming down the hill and pummels us as my VK tries

to hold against an IS and IS-3. Splat.

I once had this happen  with my M6 in a Tier 8 map. I spawned near the hill on the south side and I guess I was supposed to get up and exchange fire with IS, IS-3 and T32 and the like. I turned around to go into the flanking mission that is usually meant for mediums. Then all the tanks in my team (including the big guns) started to follow me,  like the hen follows a duckling. Almost needless to to say, it resulted in a bad defeat, as the enemy team took control of the hill and started to rain down fire on our disorganized lot.

Copperfield is my least favorite map by far.

Community pledge signer

Rocket_From_The_Tomb #46 Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:40 AM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 17008 battles
  • [MSRY]
What exactly defines a "noob"? Is it battles, didn't play before blitz, or the inability to adapt to each scenario presented, or not be able read minds of the elite not noob sect?

winndexx #47 Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:20 PM

Private

• Players
  • 11897 battles
Blitz is starting to look like WOT on match making

Looper621954 #48 Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:25 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 146 battles
This one noob pushed me into a tank corpse on the side of the river and pushed my kv-1 in to it I couldn't move the rest of the match and got only 200 xp

"What goes around loops around" in this case it's shells btw my real account is looperlooper this is not my official account if you want my stats search looperlooper

Official clumsiest person in the world 

Official wierdest person in the world

I like penguins

Asiaticus #49 Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16340 battles
  • [III-S]

View Postr0cket_3, on 05 September 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

What exactly defines a "noob"? Is it battles, didn't play before blitz, or the inability to adapt to each scenario presented, or not be able read minds of the elite not noob sect?

A noob is any player who does stuff you don't like.

Val_Darrant #50 Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:03 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17416 battles
  • [III-X]
A noob is someone that behaviors in a manner that demonstrates lack of experience or a lack of tactical acumen/ experience given his/her tier.  For example a Tiger II who camps in a fight where your team has 2 heavies and other team has 3.  By tier 8 (I am being generous) the only campers should be TD and actual they are NOT campers they are snipers.  

If you wanna snipe COOL!  Just use the right vehicle.

My signature 'noob move' is being too agressive and getting killed

"Everybody Counts or Nobody Counts"

RedColt #51 Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2124 battles

View Postr0cket_3, on 06 September 2014 - 01:40 AM, said:

View Postvaldarrant_z3Byron, on 06 September 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

A noob is someone that behaviors in a manner that demonstrates lack of experience or a lack of tactical acumen/ experience given his/her tier. For example a Tiger II who camps in a fight where your team has 2 heavies and other team has 3. By tier 8 (I am being generous) the only campers should be TD and actual they are NOT campers they are snipers.

If you wanna snipe COOL! Just use the right vehicle.

My signature 'noob move' is being too agressive and getting killed

If you managed to get higher tier tanks (8-10) and you still dun have an idea on how your tank works and/or you dun know the tactical advantages of every map for you to come up with varying strategies, then you are a noob.

Only TD's should camp on higher tier. Anybody who have seen me use my ISU should know what I am talking about. All i need is for you guys to light them up and in return, you'll get an easy kill.

Life's too short to drive a boring tank!

TimTheGrim #52 Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13875 battles

I'm still a private after 1150+ games so I guess I'm still a noob. I came over from another tank dominated game so I still have some holdover issues with controls and movement aspects here. The other day at Copperfield I was in my Russian T-28 and went to assist an M-4 that was at the canyon wall south of the 3 drums. I was up top near the stacked pipes. I'm used to being able to perch and teeter on precipices while taking a shot. Instead I wound up cascading over the wall, down the hill and then ramming my M-4 team mate at the moment he took a hit. He blew up, I was trapped and expired mere moments later.

I think my biggest pet peeve is someone parking behind me when I'm shooting around a corner and suddenly can't back up.

Illigitimi non Carborundum

TimTheGrim #53 Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13875 battles
Gee, instant promotion to Lance Corporal. Can't beat that !!!
Illigitimi non Carborundum

Asiaticus #54 Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16340 battles
  • [III-S]

Defeats in which I did the only significant damage on my team. Getting a lot of those lately.

Edited by Asiaticus, 06 September 2014 - 07:54 PM.

warshell #55 Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1405 battles

Defeats in which I did the only significant damage on my team. Getting a lot of those lately.

_
_
_

Edited by warshell, 06 September 2014 - 08:48 PM.

warshell #56 Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1405 battles

Block Quote

occasional breaks to play my credit grinding SU-100Y.

Doesn't that make you a "wallet warrior" ?

Rocket_From_The_Tomb #57 Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:19 PM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 17008 battles
  • [MSRY]

Am I a noob?

i beleive that game mm is rigged in favor of gold ammo purchasers. As a test I stopped using apcr in T54. My win/loss rating went from 65% win to 42% win rate. 

I beleive the game pools gold buyers together. Some games more obvious than others due to teirs and tanks. 

Question is does one tank swing that many matches by pen being "x" millimeters better? 

20 matches each. I can tell you it was huge difference. Team won 13 of 20 with prem. Team won 4 of 20 using standard.

I think the mm is masterfully done to camouflage the need to buy premium ammo to have any chance. Also to create frustration as the catalyst. In the higher teirs it is where the need becomes more apparent. This is the teirs where the best most competively fanatical players get exploited.

Asiaticus #58 Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16340 battles
  • [III-S]

View Postr0cket_3, on 06 September 2014 - 05:19 PM, said:

Am I a noob?

i beleive that game mm is rigged in favor of gold ammo purchasers. As a test I stopped using apcr in T54. My win/loss rating went from 65% win to 42% win rate. 

I beleive the game pools gold buyers together. Some games more obvious than others due to teirs and tanks. 

Question is does one tank swing that many matches by pen being "x" millimeters better? 

20 matches each. I can tell you it was huge difference. Team won 13 of 20 with prem. Team won 4 of 20 using standard.

I think the mm is masterfully done to camouflage the need to buy premium ammo to have any chance. Also to create frustration as the catalyst. In the higher teirs it is where the need becomes more apparent. This is the teirs where the best most competively fanatical players get exploited.

Interesting theory. It would take a larger sample size to confirm/disconfirm.

Over the last several hundred battles, I've almost completely stopped using gold ammo. I'm doing about as well as when I used it fairly often, I think because my skills have improved.

KRYSTALIZR #59 Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:09 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1442 battles

View PostTimTheGrim, on 06 September 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

Gee, instant promotion to Lance Corporal. Can't beat that !!!

That's your forum rate. The more posts you make, the higher your rank.

Your rank on the forum has nothing to do with your in game stats.

LarsGarvey #60 Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:01 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9049 battles
  • [III-Z]

View Postwarshell, on 06 September 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

This is the entire reason I mostly play with clanmates/platoonmates now. It's such a dice roll when I roll alone, so bad that one game the enemy team had one more X and one more IX than we did, I basically wrote the game off as a loss, and we won because even at tiers IX and X there are players who just don't seem to know how to play on a team. I have a T-62, so I will just run off; I'm in a tier X heavy, better go camp!; etc.

Sadly, usually with the dice roll, I seem to get paired with one other competent person, we do most of the damage, everyone else dies (regardless of tier), and we lose.

The only advice I can give—find some people you love to roll with, and roll with them most of the time. Otherwise, the frustration will build and build and build (and if it does, feel free to rant here!).

Community Pledge Signer

Current Tank Rotation:

M103 * T32 * T34 * T29 * SU-100Y * T-34

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users