Jump to content


SPOTTING IS A POS


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

ajm0114 #1 Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:22 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 10137 battles
  • 15
  • [_ACE_]
  • Member since:
    03-14-2014
PLEASE!!!!!!! fix this stupid spotting system i hate when someone just goes away right in front of me and then they go and kill me and then they get spotted that just makes me sooooo MAD for the rest of the day please do something about this!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan_Dazel #2 Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:24 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8771 battles
  • 2,109
  • [CSA10]
  • Member since:
    11-24-2014
Use it to your advantage.

I like turtlez


King6510 #3 Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:26 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 30567 battles
  • 1,361
  • Member since:
    07-07-2014
^^^^^You may not realize it, but you also frustrate many be "disappearing."

 

I have an Ms-1


iStoleYourLife #4 Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:26 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11977 battles
  • 707
  • [BABE]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

its called resetting camo. 

 

duh :sceptic:


 

 

 

"One shall not fear thy enemy, but fear thy own team."


Bronyman50 #5 Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:28 AM

    Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

  • Players
  • 26589 battles
  • 4,251
  • [PURPL]
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013

View Postajm0114, on 21 January 2016 - 10:22 PM, said:

PLEASE!!!!!!! fix this stupid spotting system i hate when someone just goes away right in front of me and then they go and kill me and then they get spotted that just makes me sooooo MAD for the rest of the day please do something about this!!!!!!!!!!!

 

in the immortal words of Windows IT Support

"It Sounds Like a You Problem" -Windows IT Support


"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

I Swear It's Like A Potato Farm With The Current Playerbase

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy


Posit1ve_ #6 Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:34 AM

    Credits Master

  • Players
  • 55198 battles
  • 5,613
  • [_V_]
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011

There's a few things you can do:

1. Crew/Equipment stuff

Get your crews trained to 100% (To increase view range), and train the camoflauge skill so the enemy similarly will struggle to spot YOU

Camo net and camoflauge paint will also help you hide your tank better further reducing the enemy's ability to spot you

You can mount binoculars and/or Coated optics to increase your view range to spot the enemy from a further distance

2. Play medium tanks

Medium tanks all have decent camo and/or great view range. The American Pattons have the best view ranges for their tiers, and the Soviet mediums are fast little ninjas

3. Play Soviet tank destroyers

Soviet tank destroyers have notoriously high camoflauge values to the point where you can be right in the front of enemy, and they will not see you

4. Kemp bushes

Bushes will increase your camo value, thus making you harder to spot. Just be sure that ypu are hiding BEHIND the bush, and not IN it, or it will not help you. And it must cover the ENTIRE tank excluding the gun. Also when you fire, all bushes within 15 meters of you lose their camo bonus, so beware

 

Lastly note that moving reduces your camo value by 50% (excluding light tanks), and firing decreases it to nearly 0.


336 tanks in the garage!

 

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict


veetoh #7 Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:41 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10377 battles
  • 1,050
  • Member since:
    07-03-2014

Sounds like a serious case of noobitis......

 

 

 

 

 

jokes maybe 100% your crew or get optics/binocs


KRIEG | USCUM | NE | PRAMO

YouTube channel - Dark Purple Veetoh

 


Dane_83 #8 Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:40 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20500 battles
  • 129
  • [RBLN]
  • Member since:
    10-13-2014

OP judging by your stats you don't have a good understanding of the mechanics of this game, even after 8000 games.

 

Read this:

http://forum.wotblit...-guide-tactics/

 

then watch all of the videos in this post:

http://forum.wotblit...not-to-explode/



Oralflame #9 Posted 22 January 2016 - 05:13 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16093 battles
  • 3,318
  • Member since:
    12-16-2014
World's smallest violin...https://s-media-cach...1d773835b85.jpg


GentleNova #10 Posted 22 January 2016 - 05:44 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27816 battles
  • 1,355
  • [SRT_]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012
It's not a bug. It's a feature. 
 

XChuikovX #11 Posted 25 January 2016 - 03:42 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3442 battles
  • 291
  • [SCR]
  • Member since:
    07-11-2014

View Postajm0114, on 22 January 2016 - 03:22 AM, said:

PLEASE!!!!!!! fix this stupid spotting system i hate when someone just goes away right in front of me and then they go and kill me and then they get spotted that just makes me sooooo MAD for the rest of the day please do something about this!!!!!!!!!!!

Iam having this very same problem. Tanks appear out of nowhere and they shoot me. I will be tracking a tank across the field and they will disappear right in front of me. It is frustrating beyond belief. One game in particular I was being pegged by another of the same tank from across the field. Well beyond the range of optics and so on. I wasn't moving moving. Either there is a hack that everyone is using or a fatal flaw in the new camo. Of course if history repeats they will say, "software behaving properly." 



MarBearCat #12 Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:50 AM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22386 battles
  • 11,643
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

View PostXChuikovX, on 25 January 2016 - 10:42 AM, said:

Iam having this very same problem. Tanks appear out of nowhere and they shoot me. I will be tracking a tank across the field and they will disappear right in front of me. It is frustrating beyond belief. One game in particular I was being pegged by another of the same tank from across the field. Well beyond the range of optics and so on. I wasn't moving moving. Either there is a hack that everyone is using or a fatal flaw in the new camo. Of course if history repeats they will say, "software behaving properly." 

 

I'm not the smartest cat in the world, ( Shaddup!) but I was sniping in my Jpanther today and

zeroed in on an enemy. Fired! Hit! Then enemy disappeared. I knew what to do, I stayed locked on that position

and fired again, same spot, empty spot. KILL!

 

>"<....It is what it is.


Edited by MarBearCat, 27 January 2016 - 01:50 AM.

 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


mr_awesome_6 #13 Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:49 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 32682 battles
  • 12
  • [FAC]
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014
There IS a difference between camo, view ranges, etc. and actually having a BUG in the game; I do believe there are some bugs that cause tanks to disappear; I've seen an enemy tank driving toward a hill or building or some other visual obstruction, and I'm ready for him to appear on the other side of the obstruction, and then he doesn't; until a good second or so later when he has turned the corner and is now facing me.  It seems to me that if he's in range before the obstruction, he should be in range after it as well.

tlouie #14 Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:52 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9642 battles
  • 5,665
  • [TAT]
  • Member since:
    04-07-2015

View PostMarBearCat, on 26 January 2016 - 08:50 PM, said:

 

I'm not the smartest cat in the world, ( Shaddup!) but I was sniping in my Jpanther today and

zeroed in on an enemy. Fired! Hit! Then enemy disappeared. I knew what to do, I stayed locked on that position

and fired again, same spot, empty spot. KILL!

 

>"<....It is what it is.

 

That is the best kind of kill in the game.  

 

Only kind better is you see a far away tree get knocked over, you shoot at an empty spot nearby, and you kill an enemy tank.



tlouie #15 Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:57 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9642 battles
  • 5,665
  • [TAT]
  • Member since:
    04-07-2015

View Postmr_awesome_6, on 02 February 2016 - 06:49 PM, said:

There IS a difference between camo, view ranges, etc. and actually having a BUG in the game; I do believe there are some bugs that cause tanks to disappear; I've seen an enemy tank driving toward a hill or building or some other visual obstruction, and I'm ready for him to appear on the other side of the obstruction, and then he doesn't; until a good second or so later when he has turned the corner and is now facing me.  It seems to me that if he's in range before the obstruction, he should be in range after it as well.

 

The game's spotting checks aren't calculated continuously. There is a one or two second delay between each check.  It's described in the spotting mechanics wiki page for WOT:

 

http://wiki.wargamin...sibility_Checks

 

 

 


Edited by tlouie, 02 February 2016 - 11:57 PM.


Samboca #16 Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:39 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 48701 battles
  • 346
  • [5TH-D]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014
It's silly.  You see a tank very close to you, like a few dozen feet away.  Then it just disappears.  Then it reappears.  People can say what they will, but its simply bogus and broken.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users